PDA

View Full Version : Glitch with Cloak and Daggers sidequest?

MortalMonkey
08-25-2011, 11:10 PM
Anyone do the Cloak & Daggers side mission yet? I think I hit a glitch and need to confirm.

When you have to sneak in to the DRB turf to confirm that there's a weapons cache that originated from O'Malley.
I think I found the cache, but after I selected it, I got a message titled Identify O'Malley's Weapons Shipment. Then nothing happens, in fact, on my map, the same weapons cache remains highlighted, but I can no longer interact with the weapons cache.

This is the weapons cache that I found:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/mishimakazama/IMG_0041.jpg

and this is the message I got:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/mishimakazama/IMG_0044.jpg

Did I hit a glitch or am I supposed to identify the cache as belonging to O'Malley through some other means?

Thanks.

Darkjay7991
08-25-2011, 11:13 PM
Anyone do the Cloak & Daggers side mission yet? I think I hit a glitch and need to confirm.

When you have to sneak in to the DRB turf to confirm that there's a weapons cache that originated from O'Malley.
I think I found the cache, but after I selected it, I got a message titled Identify O'Malley's Weapons Shipment. Then nothing happens, in fact, on my map, the same weapons cache remains highlighted, but I can no longer interact with the weapons cache.

This is the weapons cache that I found:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/mishimakazama/IMG_0041.jpg

and this is the message I got:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/mishimakazama/IMG_0044.jpg

Did I hit a glitch or am I supposed to identify the cache as belonging to O'Malley through some other means?

Thanks.

No once you find that cache you press x on the black box to identify it and the objective should be complete....maybe try any earlier save if you have one? Well there goes another glitch found in Derelict Road...

MortalMonkey
08-25-2011, 11:50 PM
Nevermind guys, I went back (after reading the above post) and saw that O'Malley's weapons case is actually a small black box next to the big metal cases. My screen was too dark and I couldn't see O'Malley's case at first. It blended in to the background too well, lol. I kept clicking on the big metal boxes and nothing would happen, thus resulting in me thinking that it was a glitch.

My bad everyone.

Weaz
08-25-2011, 11:59 PM
Had the same thing happen to me, thought I screwed up the mission by hacking into stuff before I got the quests :). Is there a flashlight in this game? I sure can't find one.

Darkjay7991
08-26-2011, 12:00 AM
Nevermind guys, I went back (after reading the above post) and saw that O'Malley's weapons case is actually a small black box next to the big metal cases. My screen was too dark and I couldn't see O'Malley's case at first. It blended in to the background too well, lol. I kept clicking on the big metal boxes and nothing would happen, thus resulting in me thinking that it was a glitch.

My bad everyone.

Ah, lol, honest mistake. I probably would have done the same thing to, but the minute the city hub was open to me, I explored and went everywhere that I could. So I had been to that location before, and knew all the guns where there before the side quest. So when I went back to all the guns I saw O'Malley's weapon cache highlighted...

Darkjay7991
08-26-2011, 12:02 AM
Had the same thing happen to me, thought I screwed up the mission by hacking into stuff before I got the quests :). Is there a flashlight in this game? I sure can't find one.

I don't think there is but maybe you can put the brightness to a higher setting if it's too dark? I ALMOST always put my games brightness at a higher setting that default so I can make sure I can see...

MortalMonkey
08-26-2011, 12:27 AM
Well, now I know I hit a glitch in the same mission. I made it to the building where the Banger and his pose are at. I stunned one of the thugs with the stun gun, but he's showing up as dead. That is, with a skull emblem instead of the Zzzzz emblem. Sigh.

Darkjay7991
08-26-2011, 12:34 AM
Well, now I know I hit a glitch in the same mission. I made it to the building where the Banger and his pose are at. I stunned one of the thugs with the stun gun, but he's showing up as dead. That is with a skull emblem instead of the Zzzzz emblem. Sigh.

That, the other glitch I mentioned before. In Detroit gang members (most commonly DRB ones) has a glitch where if you shoot them with a Tranq rifle of Stun Gun they will sometimes register with skulls as if you killed them. Best solution is to save before any section with enemy gang members. Then keep doing the section till they all show up with ZZZZs. It is unknown if it affects the achievement but it's better to be safe than sorry. Thread containing details of the glitch:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=325796

BurningStickMan
08-26-2011, 06:05 AM
Also stuck on this mission, but in a different place. I'm trying to knock out all the members of the other gang (the augmented guys wearing yellow) in their apartment, so the cops can grab the informant. Only it never gives me credit for neutralizing everyone, no matter what I do.

Killing, stunning, different weapons, doesn't matter. And the informant definitely shows ZZZs and isn't dead. The mission just won't progress.

I really want to finish this so I can offload this crossbow. Taking up too much space, and naturally, this is last task I have left for the mission. :\

Darkjay7991
08-26-2011, 06:30 AM
Also stuck on this mission, but in a different place. I'm trying to knock out all the members of the other gang (the augmented guys wearing yellow) in their apartment, so the cops can grab the informant. Only it never gives me credit for neutralizing everyone, no matter what I do.

Killing, stunning, different weapons, doesn't matter. And the informant definitely has the ZZZs instead of the the skull.

I really want to finish this so I can offload this crossbow. Taking up too much space, and naturally, this is last task I have left for the mission. :\

You're knocking EVERY SINGLE one? The guard outside, the three in the living room, and the two behind the hackable door? If so then have you tried re-loading on a different save or making sure they all have ZZZs and you aren't experiencing the glitch (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=325796)?

BurningStickMan
08-26-2011, 06:47 AM
You're knocking EVERY SINGLE one? The guard outside, the three in the living room, and the two behind the hackable door? If so then have you tried re-loading on a different save or making sure they all have ZZZs and you aren't experiencing the glitch (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=325796)?

The three in the living room? Interesting. I only get two on the couches. The rest are like you said.

Wonder what happened to the third guy. Maybe he's glitched somewhere or fell through the level? He doesn't show on the radar.

Darkjay7991
08-26-2011, 06:56 AM
The three in the living room? Interesting. I only get two on the couches. The rest are like you said.

Wonder what happened to the third guy. Maybe he's glitched somewhere or fell through the level? He doesn't show on the radar.

Yeah, I have done that part many many time over because I have the Derelict Road Nonlethal Kill Glitch. After you get the guard outside, when you open the door there will be two gang members talking on the couch, and one standing near the couch. He should start walking to the kitchen, which is where I always knocked him out and then dragged him to the hallway. Then either tranqed both members on the couch, or one then a knock-down, or alarm both to me in the hallway separately then knock-down. Then for the two guys in the hackable room I throw a box inside. One comes out to check it out, then I knock him out. Then either do the same to the last guy or stun gun him.

Durdens Wrath
08-27-2011, 03:49 PM
Has anyone else run into the issue where only 5 of the MCB gang members spawn, and then the 6th spawns somewhere else?

The only thing I can think of, is I walked past this place earlier in the game. Which if that causes something later to bug out, then this game is a piece of shit, because no sandbox should work that way.

Durdens Wrath
08-27-2011, 04:37 PM
Yep. That's what did it. I triggered a conversation, that glitched the mission. I had to scrub 10 hours of work to go back. What a shittily tested game.

Darkjay7991
08-27-2011, 05:22 PM
Has anyone else run into the issue where only 5 of the MCB gang members spawn, and then the 6th spawns somewhere else?

The only thing I can think of, is I walked past this place earlier in the game. Which if that causes something later to bug out, then this game is a piece of shit, because no sandbox should work that way.

I forgot which thread it was but someone was experiencing this too. Your talking about the objective where you have to knock out all those gang members in that apartment/building right? 1 should be outside the apartment to the wall, 3 should be in the living/kitchen in the apartment, and 2 (one of them the main objective) should be in the hackable room). That's the only place I can think of that has MCB gang members and there are suppose to be 6 of them...

Durdens Wrath
08-27-2011, 06:36 PM
I forgot which thread it was but someone was experiencing this too. Your talking about the objective where you have to knock out all those gang members in that apartment/building right? 1 should be outside the apartment to the wall, 3 should be in the living/kitchen in the apartment, and 2 (one of them the main objective) should be in the hackable room). That's the only place I can think of that has MCB gang members and there are suppose to be 6 of them...
Yep.

The glitch is, if you at ANY POINT prior to getting the crossbow, walk near them, you won't be able to complete the mission.

Which is utter tripe, considering that you should be able to take any path you want to in the game, allegedly.

So I had to backtrack 10 hours worth of gameplay, never go near that floor, and finally I completed that section.

It's like they didn't even bother to test this game at ALL.

Oh, and I found a fix for our other problem. I lure one away, punch him, and his partner turns red. Nobody has died yet from a tranq.

The rule of thumb is, if the crosshair is green, they'll die.

fastNcurious
08-27-2011, 06:40 PM
Yep.

The glitch is, if you at ANY POINT prior to getting the crossbow, walk near them, you won't be able to complete the mission.

Is this the apartment where there's a dude standing next to the couch in the hallway, one dude in the kitchen, and 2 on the couch? Cuz I went there prior to triggering that side quest, was told to shove off, and I ended up being able to complete it just fine (well, aside from the first tranq-ed dude having a skull instead of Zzz's). Maybe you guys didn't shove off like he said?

Durdens Wrath
08-27-2011, 08:09 PM
Is this the apartment where there's a dude standing next to the couch in the hallway, one dude in the kitchen, and 2 on the couch? Cuz I went there prior to triggering that side quest, was told to shove off, and I ended up being able to complete it just fine (well, aside from the first tranq-ed dude having a skull instead of Zzz's). Maybe you guys didn't shove off like he said?

I will admit that I didn't even interface with them. I punched a hole in the wall to get 500xp. Then when they settled down, I left. Then, glitch.

It's just safest to NEVER go there till the mission tells you to, before the patch comes out.

Bearded Bugs
08-27-2011, 09:25 PM
It happened to me, but I had saved the game just around the corner, so I just reloaded and the sixth gang member was back in the room. An annoying glitch but try a few reloads before starting the whole game again...

taologos
08-27-2011, 09:33 PM
This happened to me too. Hardest parts of this game:
Glitching and people dying from tranquilizers.
Wait, both glitches...

Psycho Jesters
08-27-2011, 10:19 PM
Yep.

Which is utter tripe, considering that you should be able to take any path you want to in the game, allegedly.

So I had to backtrack 10 hours worth of gameplay, never go near that floor, and finally I completed that section.

Oh, and I found a fix for our other problem. I lure one away, punch him, and his partner turns red. Nobody has died yet from a tranq.

Ive done that mission three times and I always knock out the two upstairs prior to starting the quest and never have a problem.

Pooly93
08-28-2011, 12:28 PM
I've already searched this and found out its happened to a lot of other people, but just thought I'd ask here to see if anyone else is experiencing it.
Basically when doing the mentioned quest, at one point you will need to kill or knock out all of the gang members guarding Double-T. However its very glitchy in that one gang member will not spawn, and the game will move the marker for the gang members location to an area thats impossible to reach. Alongside this then if you attempt to move Double-T's body the game will decide to kill him, then theres the obvious part where the quest cannot be completed because you can't finish one of the objectives.
It can be fixed by going to other areas like your apartment or the LIMB Clinic, but its not a guaranteed fix, I've tried several times and nothing.

So just thought I'd ask if anyone else has had this glitch or if it managed to fix itself for them? Cause I've got quite unlucky here by the looks, won't be doing this quest till I start a new game for now.

Hoborg
08-28-2011, 02:54 PM
Yes, I thought I was going insane when it gave me a quest marker for an impossible-to-reach place.

Sadly this game has too many bugs. I can't believe this isn't reflected in the reviews. It's a real turn-off when you can finish side-quests and to me this game is definitely NOT a 90+ game in this current state.

Unless it gets patched I don't think there is a fix.

Final Breed
08-28-2011, 06:44 PM
Im actually just starting this one out right now as i type this, so i will report back here soon IF i get the same crap or i make it through....hopefully (:woop:)

daenius
08-28-2011, 07:59 PM
I've been playing for 6+ hours now and haven't come across a single glitch in this game.

Finished the Cloak and Daggers sidequest without any problems, too...

BurningStickMan
08-28-2011, 08:09 PM
Yes, I had this. It appears to glitch if you go past the area before activating the mission. I believe the third guy starts out talking to the hall guard before heading inside the apartment. I remember triggering this conversation while exploring, and then he was gone when I returned with the mission.

I have not been able to fix it. Just planted a save and moved on. Will return to it if a patch fixes it. Had to do this with another side quest later on (where it doesn't register that you've read a collected datapad).

ChiMangetsu
08-28-2011, 08:21 PM
Found a new point for glitch kills. One of the bastards at the start of Hengsha II decided to have an aneurysm after I popped him in the dome. :/

Least I saved Faridah without killing anyone else. Oh, except for the robot, who's surely in robot hell as I type this.

A. Gamer
08-28-2011, 08:54 PM
In my case, the guy was on a neighboring roof-top. I was able to see & tranq him from the top of the fire escape outside the building he was in (climb out the window and go up). A buddy of mine wasn't able to see him there, and lobbing grenades in the general direction didn't do the trick either. He ended up building a staircase with crates & boxes to get up on a different building in order to get-line-of sight and pop him that way. Took a little while to collect all the boxes and find the right building, but much shorter than starting a new game.

Found a new point for glitch kills. One of the bastards at the start of Hengsha II decided to have an aneurysm after I popped him in the dome. :/
I have confirmed that the accidental death from non-lethal weapons (or possibly from moving unconscious people around) does NOT affect the Pacifist achievement. I noticed one of the gang members corpses was still there long after I had finished that sub-quest and decided to play on, anyway. I also had a couple people fall into the sewers after a take downs.

Had to do this with another side quest later on (where it doesn't register that you've read a collected datapad).
If you are talking about Talion A.D. or perhaps Shanghai Justice, it is not a glitch. You need to follow the directions and due some digging. When you get close enough or trigger some additional info the marker(s) will re-appear on the mini-map.

Final Breed
08-28-2011, 09:24 PM
I've already searched this and found out its happened to a lot of other people, but just thought I'd ask here to see if anyone else is experiencing it.
Basically when doing the mentioned quest, at one point you will need to kill or knock out all of the gang members guarding Double-T. However its very glitchy in that one gang member will not spawn, and the game will move the marker for the gang members location to an area thats impossible to reach. Alongside this then if you attempt to move Double-T's body the game will decide to kill him, then theres the obvious part where the quest cannot be completed because you can't finish one of the objectives.
It can be fixed by going to other areas like your apartment or the LIMB Clinic, but its not a guaranteed fix, I've tried several times and nothing.

So just thought I'd ask if anyone else has had this glitch or if it managed to fix itself for them? Cause I've got quite unlucky here by the looks, won't be doing this quest till I start a new game for now.

Ok, i just finished 'Cloak & Daggers AND The Take' Achievement and the ONLY hiccup i've encountered was in the room with Double-T. One of the guard's kept spawning on TOP of the floor that's unreachable. What i did was i re-loaded the save (Save AFTER i already took out the 2 goons on the couch) then after i opened the door where Double-T was i showed myself to him to get told to get out and instead i took cover, tasered him and his partner and while on my way OUT the TOP glitchy guy just spawns in the kitchen and took him out (ALL Guy's Non-Lethally) for the WIN! :woop:

-KTA-
08-28-2011, 09:34 PM
Yeah I had this glitch. I cleared the room first. Did not interact with Double T's door. Walked down stairs to trigger an auto save... came back up and he spawns in the kitchen every time.

At least for me. He'll then start to walk into the main room so you gotta get him before he wonders why his buddies look like they are passed out having seks on the coffee table.

Bearded Bugs
08-28-2011, 11:00 PM
It happened to me, but I reloaded my save from right around the corner a couple of times, and it fixed it with no trouble.

smiler938
08-29-2011, 04:22 PM
Yeah, I had this glitch too, the 6th bad guy spawned inside the apartment opposite Double T's that you can't access. After an hour and a half faffing around, leaving and coming back and wasting shed loads of ammo I finally noticed that if you stand in the corridor and fire a shot and make him alarmed he gets as close to you as possible and his gun and hand glitch through the wall slightly. Fire like crazy at this and after 5-10 shots you hit his hand - you'll know if you have cause a blood spatter will appear your side of the wall and he'll go from alarmed to hostile. Wait for him to go back to alarmed then repeat, the second hit should finish him. Kinda dumb, but hey, it worked for me.

Pooly93
08-29-2011, 04:47 PM
I ended up giving up on it, only one quest and I've done every other one I've found so far, I'll just end up doing it on a new game once I've finished my first playthrough.
Hopefully they'll patch it soon either way, not gamebreaking and its the only glitch I've seen so far, but its still annoying.

IMPOSSIBLE DAN
08-29-2011, 06:46 PM
Sadly this game has too many bugs. I can't believe this isn't reflected in the reviews. It's a real turn-off when you can finish side-quests and to me this game is definitely NOT a 90+ game in this current state..

I completely disagree, I have only ran into 1 bug and all I had to do was revert back to an auto save, plus with all due respect you are the only person I have heard say there are "too many bugs".

Final Breed
08-29-2011, 08:16 PM
I personally only encountered ONE bug in the game so far, and that fixed itself after a few re-loads. Overall for a game with this huge scope...its pretty damn good with having little to no bugs really.

taologos
08-29-2011, 08:29 PM
So it seems that where this last guy spawns is completely random, as no matter where I go I cannot see him :(

-KTA-
08-29-2011, 08:44 PM
So it seems that where this last guy spawns is completely random, as no matter where I go I cannot see him :(

If you have a save before you took the quest try this: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=326571

It seems to fix the last guy appearing in a wall or god knows where.

taologos
08-29-2011, 10:39 PM
If you have a save before you took the quest try this: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=326571

It seems to fix the last guy appearing in a wall or god knows where.
Thank you! That seemed to do it.

j0ab777
08-30-2011, 03:31 AM
Damn, damn, damn. I looked but could see nothing and didnt want to waste hours if it was inside some building i could never get to. So i restarted and replayed for 3 hours. Thanks though it will be much help to many ppl, especially if they do multiple things at the same time.

TheMasta7
08-30-2011, 04:28 AM
the same thing happened to me one gang member wasnt spawning i kept walking around and then i went back to the room where they all were and the last one just fell out of the ceiling and then i killed him to complete the side quest.

icechef007
08-30-2011, 10:16 PM
Ive also experienced this glitch but I stumbled across some ideas at the Gamespot forums which helped me out and allowed me to finish the mission. I can't guarantee this will work for everyone, but anythings worth a shot right?

http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/deus-ex-human-revolution/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-60114086&pid=944089&page=0

ChiMangetsu
08-30-2011, 11:53 PM
Confirmed: glitched thug status ("zzz"s to skull) does not matter.

DENAz666
08-31-2011, 02:45 AM
Yes, I thought I was going insane when it gave me a quest marker for an impossible-to-reach place.

Sadly this game has too many bugs. I can't believe this isn't reflected in the reviews. It's a real turn-off when you can finish side-quests and to me this game is definitely NOT a 90+ game in this current state.

Unless it gets patched I don't think there is a fix.

Speak for yourself. I've not had one glitch in my whole time playing. Few minor glitches are hardly cause for a bad score these days

Carlos81
08-31-2011, 10:08 PM
This game was a 90+ up untill this point but ive spent so many frustrating hours trying to get round this glitch. Kind of ruins the atmosphere. How do games testers miss a glitch for a side mission thats also attached to an achievement arrrrgh.

ImaginaryRuins
09-01-2011, 02:33 AM
Fortunately I didn't encounter this glitch. Before talking to O'Malley I completed other objective markers on my map and even knocked out the two guards outside Double-T room (this was not planned as that time they were not hostile). Afterward, I found Double-T and two other guards inside the room. Knocked them all down, and done.

mesoungodlyfast
10-14-2011, 05:17 AM
Yep.

Since this happened to me today, I figured I'd add my experience.

I had the same missing 6th person glitch. Went into the place, and only 5 showed on radar. I had saved at the basketball court, so I tried 5 times to reload, and nothing. All the time, the same glitch where they were over the water tower. I also had already gone into this apartment earlier int he game (Shit, I had even hacked the door already and gone into the apartment) so I know this is why it glitched.

So I read up on here, and tried all the tricks. Nothing helped.

So I reloaded the game, went into the window on top of the fire escape, and got the autosave to kick in and show me the FIVE (1 short of course) guys in the area. So I took off and went back to my apartment without interacting with the area. Dropped a few things off, then went back to the building. On the way, it still shoed the 2 different blue mission points, but then when I got to around the basketball court tunnels, it merged with the second one!:woop: Went upstairs, and then VOILA! All 6 guys were there in the room.

So basically what I wanted to say, was that if this happens to you, dont worry; there IS a way you can beat the glitch. Of course, it took me TWO HOURS just to do this, but it IS possible.

Mr Wafu
10-16-2011, 05:45 AM
Suffering the "6th guy over the water tower" glitch... unfortunately, that's Double T... the sniper rifle is the only weapon with enough rage to hit him, and that ends the mission since it kills him... I tried the tranq gun but it didn't have enough range. :( Oh well...