PDA

View Full Version : Any way to avoid mines?

Irish Shadow
08-28-2011, 07:51 PM
On my third playthrough now, still trying to get Foxiest done. I'm curious if triggering mines count as tripping an alarm (which would therefore void the achievement)? Setting them off always alarms nearby enemies which doesn't concern me, but if the game considers mines to be an alarm system in the same way cameras and turrets are, it's going to be problematic.

Is there any way to sneak by mines or disarm them? There are parts in the game where it just isn't possible to get around them (like the Derelict Row antennae mission). Or does it not count against the achievement?

V4R14N7
08-28-2011, 07:56 PM
I slowly walk up and disarm, then steal them. Just walk slowly up to them

Askeroth
08-28-2011, 08:05 PM
Mines won't set off alarms, per se, but they can alert enemies who then set off alarms. If you don't hear the alarm siren ringing, then you're good. However, as V4R14N7 said, it's best to just move slowly and disable them.

Irish Shadow
08-28-2011, 08:08 PM
Thanks guys. I guess alarms or not, I'll disarm them from now on knowing I can. I back-tracked a bit to redo the area just in case anyways.

Downsize
08-28-2011, 09:16 PM
I slowly walk up and disarm, then steal them. Just walk slowly up to themI learn something new everytime I come to this forum.

-KTA-
08-28-2011, 09:28 PM
I learn something new everytime I come to this forum.

Yeah you have to walk incredibly slow. Like super annoyingly slow, I was hoping the silent walking aug would address it... it doesn't.

Bearded Bugs
08-28-2011, 10:52 PM
Yeah you have to walk incredibly slow. Like super annoyingly slow, I was hoping the silent walking aug would address it... it doesn't.

Incredibly slow yeah, but personally I wouldn't enjoy running up to frag mines.

eiVaL
08-29-2011, 12:03 AM
theres normally boxes around just throw them towards it to set it off, the most it will do is set any near by guards into "alarmed" not "hostile" so just wait a few seconds an continue

ChiMangetsu
08-29-2011, 12:13 AM
Incredibly slow yeah, but personally I wouldn't enjoy running up to frag mines.

Hehehe... yeaaah. Ah, Fallout. Good times.

To the topic at hand, Smash the State or whatever that sewer based mission where you have to nab the banger with the dragon feet is called can nab you somewhere around 12 or so frag mines. Of course, most of us will sell them, and I'm pretty sure they're sell is about 150 a piece. Maybe 120.

Askeroth
08-29-2011, 12:37 AM
theres normally boxes around just throw them towards it to set it off, the most it will do is set any near by guards into "alarmed" not "hostile" so just wait a few seconds an continueIt can set off alarms, though. During the part of the game in Detroit II with all of the mines, if you trip them the guards will set off an alarm.

DENAz666
08-29-2011, 03:01 AM
Didn't even know you can disarm them!! I've just been chucking boxes/barrels at them :P

JEDI JAWA
08-29-2011, 03:59 AM
does invisibility work on mines?

The Bum-Mobile
08-29-2011, 04:32 AM
Perhaps mines have fucked me up on Foxiest of the Hounds! Had no clue I could disarm them.

Serjitank
08-29-2011, 04:35 AM
i wish i knew you can disarm them like 3 hours ago... i took out like 5 people just so it wouldnt alarm anyone...

ChiMangetsu
08-29-2011, 04:37 AM
Perhaps mines have fucked me up on Foxiest of the Hounds! Had no clue I could disarm them.

I know, right? And I don't think there was a tutorial either.

Aiden 514
08-29-2011, 10:21 PM
I just go loud all of the time,I can not do stealthy at all... but i do not care because I enjoy this game :)

Red Testament
08-29-2011, 11:09 PM
There are mines on some stairs before the second boss I couldn't get past at all. It was an EMP and Concussion respectively. I could always get one, but as I disarmed it, it would set off the the other one regardless. But at that point I had stopped doing the no alarm achievement one.

But for my second playthrough I wish I knew how to get past them.

ChiMangetsu
08-29-2011, 11:12 PM
There are mines on some stairs before the second boss I couldn't get past at all. It was an EMP and Concussion respectively. I could always get one, but as I disarmed it, it would set off the the other one regardless. But at that point I had stopped doing the no alarm achievement one.

But for my second playthrough I wish I knew how to get past them.

You apparently aren't moving slow enough. Think molasses. Only slower.

Body rike stone. Mind rike meatroaf.