PDA

View Full Version : Do I Buy This Game??

DanPhillips10
08-28-2011, 10:14 PM
Just want some thoughts on is this game a must get?
Is it a easy game to get 1000g on as i want this to be possible.

Really Appreciate Opinions on if i should get this game as unsure !!

Jellybean468
08-28-2011, 10:27 PM
It's a fantastic game, probably my third favourite after Final Fantasy XIII and Assassin's Creed 2. I love it.

The achievements aren't overly difficult if you know how to handle situations, for example, Foxiest of the Hounds and Pacifist will require thinking before acting to get them.

-KTA-
08-28-2011, 10:30 PM
Yes buy it, my current GoTY. fantastic game.

TheDeceiver35
08-28-2011, 10:37 PM
Yes! Its an excellent game, GOTY candidate for sure. The achievements are all very much do able, and if you have the patience to do so, you can get 1000g in one playthrough.

BloodGodAlucard
08-28-2011, 10:47 PM
I had never played a Deus Ex game before this one, but I'm having a lot of fun with it. I think it's definitely one of the best games I've played this year. I highly recommend it. :)

Bearded Bugs
08-28-2011, 10:55 PM

100% a must-get game. I'm still only about halfway through the game I think, but it's already the best game of the past year or two IMO. As a gamer you'd be cheating yourself if you didn't play it.

I had never played a Deus Ex game before this one

Don't bother playing Invisible War as it's not that great, but you should definitely play the first game.

BloodGodAlucard
08-28-2011, 11:21 PM
Don't bother playing Invisible War as it's not that great, but you should definitely play the first game.

That's what I've heard. I'll definitely look into getting the first one. Hopefully they'll do a HD port to XBLA if Human Revolution does well. I don't know if they will or not. I just think it would be really cool and would sell a lot of downloads. It's possible I guess.

vithzeral
08-29-2011, 12:22 AM
Rental in my opinion. It's got the great Deus Ex pedigree, but Alpha Protocol -level execution. I wanted to really like it, but its hard not to notice the flaws:

- Character models are very PS2-ish
- voice acting is awful (apparently there are no black or asian actors in Montreal)
-the combat is kinda janky (worst blind fire ever; you can miss with a shotgun at 2ft)

The story makes you keep going, but some areas just drag on too long. I found myself saying screw the items and xp and just cloaking and running to the next checkpoint.

For the 1000 expect to sit through many many 20-30 second re-loads.

CrownlessKing
08-29-2011, 12:34 AM
Rental in my opinion. It's got the great Deus Ex pedigree, but Alpha Protocol -level execution. I wanted to really like it, but its hard not to notice the flaws:

- Character models are very PS2-ish
- voice acting is awful (apparently there are no black or asian actors in Montreal)
-the combat is kinda janky (worst blind fire ever; you can miss with a shotgun at 2ft)

The story makes you keep going, but some areas just drag on too long. I found myself saying screw the items and xp and just cloaking and running to the next checkpoint.

For the 1000 expect to sit through many many 20-30 second re-loads.

Ignore this. Renting this game is absurd.

The character models are fine. Considering how much detail was put into the game, you can forgive some of the models looking bad. The voice acting is terrific. The combat is fine although I will admit blindfire sucks. Then again, I can aim at people so I don't use blindfire.

I'd definately recommend getting this game but don't get it just to breeze through the 1000G. Enjoy it.

Bearded Bugs
08-29-2011, 12:40 AM
That's what I've heard. I'll definitely look into getting the first one. Hopefully they'll do a HD port to XBLA if Human Revolution does well. I don't know if they will or not. I just think it would be really cool and would sell a lot of downloads. It's possible I guess.

I haven't looked for a long time, but I'm sure you could get a second-hand copy of the first game for PC or PS2 for a cheap price these days. An HD port would be fantastic! It would most certainly sell a lot.

The combat isn't perfectly smooth I agree, but complaining about the accuracy of blind fire is amusing.

ChiMangetsu
08-29-2011, 12:57 AM
Think the first Deus Ex might see an Arcade release?

PooN DADDY FLEX
08-29-2011, 12:59 AM

Depends on how well Human Revolution sells.

jumper
08-29-2011, 01:29 AM
If you Like Splinter Cell and Metal Gear game Get it if not stay away ive been away from Xbox for a while but thought it looked something a bit like Crysis 2 with the body augments but how dissapointed i was the lighting is poor to say the least and its buggier than a bag full of bugs 5/10 for effort:(

Bearded Bugs
08-29-2011, 01:49 AM

It's possible I suppose. I don't think there would be any rights problems with porting the game over to XBLA, but Ion Storm aren't in business anymore; so I'm not sure how it would all work.

ChiMangetsu
08-29-2011, 01:51 AM
If you Like Splinter Cell and Metal Gear game Get it if not stay away ive been away from Xbox for a while but thought it looked something a bit like Crysis 2 with the body augments but how dissapointed i was the lighting is poor to say the least and its buggier than a bag full of bugs 5/10 for effort:(

Holy tapdancing monkeys on a trapeze! Do you know what punctuation is?

DENAz666
08-29-2011, 03:09 AM
Brilliant game, absolutely love it! Not the easiest 1000, as you need to pay quite a bit of attention to walkthroughs to get it in one playthrough, but i definately wouldn't class it as hard.

vithzeral
08-29-2011, 05:03 AM
The voice acting is terrific.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Bad Voice Acting - YouTube

Lilywhite Canucks getting all ethnic. Wellll, sheet!

KingOfRap
08-29-2011, 06:58 AM
How is the voice acting bad? Some of them are "iffy" but most of them are fine.

MediumMelanin
08-29-2011, 07:02 AM
Hmm, don't even know what this game is about, but I'll see some trailers, previews, reviews, and whatever, that usually plays in the decision and it answers the question, "Should I get this game or not?"

ChiMangetsu
08-29-2011, 07:08 AM
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Bad Voice Acting - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ95fZSNcVI)

Lilywhite Canucks getting all ethnic. Wellll, sheet!

How in the hell did they not mention Josie Thorpe?

Also I never ran into Latecia. My gaming experience did not suffer from it.

Ripgore187
08-29-2011, 08:33 AM
Itís not a proper RPG or a shooter itís not even an open world itís a jumble of a few games badly put together. Annoying characters cheesy beyond belief dialog at times.

Don`t buy this game and incourage lazy developers the whole thing feels half cooked.

Detroit is utterly bland a boring dead city consisting of punk rockers and hobos standing around flaming barrels it pathetic.

You can`t take this game seriously the AI is as thick as custard. The voice
Acting is terrible the level design is nonsense a total jumble.

Ultimately the game play is just poor 3rd rate shooter with 3rd rate stealth.
You can carry a box around hide behind it and sneak up on the AI they don`t even notice The AI has not improved from the original game 10 years ago.

There are just no excuses for a title like this to be such low quality.

If you want to see how bad it is do a 3 day rental.

After waiting all summer for a decent game this is a huge disappointment.

Thereís a stack 2nd hand copies at Game already which says it all really.

Bearded Bugs
08-29-2011, 10:44 AM
You can carry a box around hide behind it and sneak up on the AI they don`t even notice

So my that logic the Metal Gear Solid games are terrible and have 3rd rate stealth? Exactly.

Thereís a stack 2nd hand copies at Game already which says it all really.

What it says is that there are worrying amounts of people out there that don't have the patience or the attention span to explore and immerse themselves properly in the game world. There are myriad secret areas, the eBooks backstory has a huge level of detail (but reading takes a lot of time, I understand), hidden paths, usually at least three different ways to solve objectives - which is apparently too much for some people's brains to comprehend.

cheevo360
08-29-2011, 01:30 PM
I am SPEECHLESS!! Go get this game, awesome story, gameplay, long single player playthrough and lots of missions to do and secret areas to find and lots more about how awesome game is.

Plenty of enemies to takedowns and avoid alarms like Splinter Cell and Metal Gear Solid series :woop:

I give it 95% BRILLIANT GAME!!!:Bounce:

Ripgore187
08-29-2011, 02:05 PM
So my that logic the Metal Gear Solid games are terrible and have 3rd rate stealth? Exactly.

What it says is that there are worrying amounts of people out there that don't have the patience or the attention span to explore and immerse themselves properly in the game world. There are myriad secret areas, the eBooks backstory has a huge level of detail (but reading takes a lot of time, I understand), hidden paths, usually at least three different ways to solve objectives - which is apparently too much for some people's brains to comprehend.

you can`t canít compare this to Metal Gear 3&4 stealth was far more varied and complex which is a million times better than this I played through each of them many times the mechanics were solid the stealth was spot on the AI was way better.

It takes a lot of effort to immerse yourself in a world where the characters look and move like Thunderbird puppets dressed like punk rockers.

Hyping up an average games is pretty pointless. The choices are pointless seeing as you can save the game before the final cut scene and experience all the different endings anyway. Take away the upgrades its poor mans shooter with side missions.

The real game breaker for me was the AI being so thick it remove any aspect of challenge.

Some people will enjoy this game but its not for everyone.

Opiate42
08-29-2011, 02:36 PM

I'm sad my old PC rig died before I got to finish the original DE. Invisible War was a fun solid game, just nothing to shout from the hilltops about.

Human Revolution on the other hand, very much is. I haven't been able to put it down and before I even got 4 hours into it I knew I was going to replay it. Have been shouting from hilltops.

Take the game for what it is: an incredible and unique piece of work. It can't really be compared to other games. It's stands very well on it's own.

BOMB SQUIRREL
08-29-2011, 03:56 PM
Is it a easy game to get 1000g on as i want this to be possible.

Really Appreciate Opinions on if i should get this game as unsure !!
dude get a life if ur going for easy 1000g go play rango this game is so awsome u need to enjoy it and dont go for 1000g on ur first play trust me this game has alot to offer

chach7171
08-29-2011, 11:20 PM
Ok so after seeing the extremes of people hating or loving this game there really seems to be no bell curve haha. I pre-ordered this game but after the review, and gameplay trailers it looks to play alot like Mass Effect is this true? I have no problems with immersive story and the like, I just NEVER liked mass effects gameplay. Dont bitch at me it's my preference, I'm just curious if this is how DE plays as well, if so I'll transfer the pre-order payment to something else.

zoocoo90
08-29-2011, 11:35 PM
Yup totally

Bearded Bugs
08-29-2011, 11:58 PM
you can`t can’t compare this to Metal Gear 3&4

Hyping up an average games is pretty pointless. The choices are pointless seeing as you can save the game before the final cut scene and experience all the different endings anyway.

I wasn't comparing the game to MGS 3 and 4? One of the explicit reasons you gave for the stealth in Deus Ex being poor was that you could sneak up on enemies in a box and they wouldn't realise, yet you can do the exact same thing in the MGS games.

I'm sad my old PC rig died before I got to finish the original DE. Invisible War was a fun solid game, just nothing to shout from the hilltops about.

Human Revolution on the other hand, very much is. I haven't been able to put it down and before I even got 4 hours into it I knew I was going to replay it. Have been shouting from hilltops.

Take the game for what it is: an incredible and unique piece of work. It can't really be compared to other games. It's stands very well on it's own.

Ahh I had it on PS2. Never tried it on PC, but I'm sure it was as awesome, if not better.

I'd agree about HR being unique. It's more of a work of art than a standard video game.

Ok so after seeing the extremes of people hating or loving this game there really seems to be no bell curve haha. I pre-ordered this game but after the review, and gameplay trailers it looks to play alot like Mass Effect is this true? I have no problems with immersive story and the like, I just NEVER liked mass effects gameplay. Dont bitch at me it's my preference, I'm just curious if this is how DE plays as well, if so I'll transfer the pre-order payment to something else.

It doesn't seem like Mass Effect much: this game uses the first-person perspective, so it handles completely differently to ME; however, the games are similar sometimes in their aesthetic design.

BBowles
08-30-2011, 01:35 AM
"Detroit is utterly bland a boring dead city consisting of punk rockers and hobos standing around flaming barrels it pathetic."

So Detroit looks the same in the future as it does now? >_<

Edit: On topic, this game really is a love or hate experience. I myself haven't been able to put the game down other than when I need to in order to sleep or work. I am thoroughly involved in the story, despite the fact that I don't really like Adam Jensen, aka the person you play the game as. The voice acting is lacking in my opinion, but I can't really think of an instance (in games or movies) where bad acting ruined something for me. Hell, I even sat through Star Ocean to get my 1k, and that game might have the worst voice actors ever.

I like the fact that one night I can sit down and play stealthy sneaking around, and the next night when I'm in a blood-shedding mood I can slaughter working girls on the side of streets. This game lends itself well to varying styles of gameplay and allows you to change your style literally at any point you wish. Playing as a pacifist? Sure, go right ahead. Wait a second, did that women just call me an idiot and then tell me to shut the fuck up in a foreign language? Guess she's getting stabbed in the throat.

In short, its a decent first-person shooter that only goes into 3rd person when you are against cover so that you can see around it. I'd say watch a few trailers of actual gameplay, and you should be able to judge whether you'd enjoy the gameplay. It doesn't change much throughout the game, unless you decide to change the way you play. While I respect this site's review of 94/100, I would personally put it at around 85/100. Still very pleased I bought it on launch, but anything over a 90 is reserved for games that strain my brain trying to find problems with them.

chach7171
08-30-2011, 03:03 AM
Yup totally

Crap...I thought so never shoulda unwrapped it. Oh well all is not lost never got any achievements in it, and should get most of my money back i hope.