PDA

View Full Version : Will they finally reveal MASTER CHIEF?

KAPiNG
08-28-2011, 10:26 PM
Hello, who thinks they will or will not reveal who master chief is really? Like his face or something?

VOTE and discuss! I cannot wait for H4

Coadster1
08-28-2011, 10:40 PM
I don't think they will ever reveal Master Chief's face. I think if they showed his face, it would make him less 'bad ass' if you know what I mean, people have these thoughts in their heads of who they think he is and what he looks like, and I think it's best kept that way. The Halo books give you more background information on who he really is and stuff like that. To be honest, I don't even think Bungie/343i have a clue as to what he might look like! :p

MixMaker1
08-28-2011, 10:44 PM
They have (sort of) already showed his face:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100622235154/halo/images/3/3f/Boot_Camp_1_cover.jpg

Also, they describe him as unusually pale due to his armor being on all the time as an adult.

RBmaster9345
08-28-2011, 11:14 PM
Hope they show face at end of either this or Halo 6. Of course it won't be his TRUE face since it ain't Bungie no more

MixMaker1
08-28-2011, 11:23 PM
Hope they show face at end of either this or Halo 6. Of course it won't be his TRUE face since it ain't Bungie no more
Everything was handed over to them - this includes ideas, concept arts.

343i will know what to do.

I think a reveal should only occur if Chief sacrifices his own life for someone or something at the end of the trilogy. Much like Darth Vader in Star Wars. I think, because they've announced it as a trilogy. They should do something like this.

DarkReign2021
08-28-2011, 11:36 PM
I dunno if I want the chief to give us a Noble Sacrifice. Last time we had one of those in this series, just look what happened. Jorge (gives new meaning to a "noble" sacrifice, doesn't it? lol) sacrificed himself to stop the Capital ship and fat lot of good that did. I think the best means of ending the series at this point is to leave it shrouded in mystery. No face, no confirmation of Death. Whatever happens happens and we don't know whether he survives or not. Than from there they can do another memorial or perhaps immortalize him a great hall of the Forerunner or a museum set piece like in the Believe Ad Campaign.

The likelihood of the Chief's demise does seem likely though. I will say for certainty that the Chief is never going to return to Earth or any Human colonies for one reason or another. At least not in any discernible means. The Believe campaign is ONI's coverup of the Flood and the Forerunner. The Chief's disappearance was explained as him being killed in an all-out confrontation. This takes place in the year 2610, so that pretty much confirms that the Chief was never returned home to a heroes welcome. Otherwise the whole coverup would be blown.

MixMaker1
08-28-2011, 11:43 PM
Yup I've thought about that. That ad campaign suggests people believed he is MIA or dead from the end of the War.

And I agree with you - should end with mystery. I meant IF they decide to show his face the reveal should come before death. Personally though, I do not want his face revealed.

The announcement of it as a trilogy makes me wonder about Chief's death. Though, it does seem entirely possible he can do a sacrifice for life's existence without a definitive death storyline... 343i should have some interesting, epic-in-scope ideas for the "Reclaimer Trilogy."

LickableLemons7
08-29-2011, 04:19 AM
WHAT?! Chief can't die...I mean, he's the fucking MASTER CHIEF.

RBmaster9345
08-29-2011, 03:10 PM
Everything was handed over to them - this includes ideas, concept arts.

I know just being difficult. I'm sure they'll do great

Grifter Reborn
08-29-2011, 03:26 PM
Personally, I think it would be too much of a let down to see his face as it is currently. As a kid in training, I don't mind it, but not as he is at this point of the story.

I'm a bit confused on one thing though. When Microsoft and Bungie split, didn't Bungie retain the rights to Master Chief?!? I thought that was why Microsoft created 343 studios to continue Halo games without Master Chief. John 117 is believed to be the hero in Marathon. That's why they fought to maintain his rights, or so I thought. I know I'm probably wrong, but still...

DarkReign2021
08-29-2011, 03:55 PM
It was originally intended for Halo to be the prequel that bridges over to the Marathon series, but as Halo got bigger that sort of fizzled out. Some fans still try to tie the games together, but Bungie has said that all ties have been severed and the only similarities (such as Marathon logo being in Halo games) is purely because Bungie enjoys adding subtle references to their games (Such as the hidden song Siege of Madrigal that originated in Myth.)

When MS and Bungie split, the entirety of the Halo license was relinquished to Microsoft as a bargaining tool. Bungie wanted it's independence back, but they could take Halo with them because of how heavily invested Microsoft was in it.

ACE 120200
08-29-2011, 04:01 PM
no need to you are master chief. that is the why the game has been designed.

Ty-Rex
08-29-2011, 04:26 PM
no need to you are master chief. that is the why the game has been designed.
Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and say this is not true. The original trilogy in no way gave you the feeling that you were the Master Chief. Sure, you were controlling him and you had access to his amazing space marine in space abilities, but you were not meant to think you were him. You never made any real decisions as to what he does, how he acts or even his gender, it's all predefined. This is all fine and dandy because it wouldn't be Halo if you did all these things, it would basically be Fallout.

An FPS on it's own just can't give the feeling that you are the main character, and is one of the reasons why Halo Reach and ODST lacked in the story department to me. Just because I pick whether the character grunts like a man or a woman when I get shot doesn't mean I have some sort of connection to the character. Even though Master Chief's personality was little more than be smarmy and kill aliens, I still preferred it over Silent-Protagonist-With-A-Dark-Past that was ODST and Halo Reach's main character.

Grifter Reborn
09-02-2011, 02:14 PM
It was originally intended for Halo to be the prequel that bridges over to the Marathon series, but as Halo got bigger that sort of fizzled out. Some fans still try to tie the games together, but Bungie has said that all ties have been severed and the only similarities (such as Marathon logo being in Halo games) is purely because Bungie enjoys adding subtle references to their games (Such as the hidden song Siege of Madrigal that originated in Myth.)

When MS and Bungie split, the entirety of the Halo license was relinquished to Microsoft as a bargaining tool. Bungie wanted it's independence back, but they could take Halo with them because of how heavily invested Microsoft was in it.

I was looking through some old posts(yes, I'm bored at work) and realized I never thanked you for answering my question. So, thanks! ;)

Satfd5F43
09-02-2011, 06:32 PM
The whole point of the masked MC is that it "Could be you" I don't think 343 would give that part of the apeal of the game up. MC's face will remain a mystery.

Chrinst
09-03-2011, 01:08 AM
I hope they never show MC's face, i want to remember as the armor hero of games. I remember when i first saw predators face and i was like....OHH c'mon that just ruined that for me.

DEG23
09-05-2011, 01:56 AM
You know when you remove a band aid that's been around your finger for a couple of days and the skin is all pale and shrivelled up, i think that's what MC's face would look like, so no i hope he keeps his helmet on.

LickableLemons7
09-05-2011, 10:38 PM
You know when you remove a band aid that's been around your finger for a couple of days and the skin is all pale and shrivelled up, i think that's what MC's face would look like, so no i hope he keeps his helmet on.

Exactly, People would flip out if they saw his head like that, it's like seeing Darth Vader for the first time in episode 6 when Luke takes off his helmet. If 343 does choose to reveal his face in an attempt to make the player feel more connected with the Chief, however, I'd rather have them reveal it at the ending of Halo 6.

AK Punk
09-06-2011, 02:47 AM
I think showing MC's face would kill Halo for me honestly. Hated them showing them in Reach.

ash356
09-06-2011, 02:53 PM
Yeah, my thoughts are Chief should stay with his face hidden. The fact we never see his face just makes him all the more bad-ass.
In my opinion, if he dies in the series, they should just end with a shot of his eye looking at a distant galaxy, rather than show the full face. (Partially inspired by Degs sig, tbh)

Tufty
09-11-2011, 02:19 AM
I hope not, there's no need to. Remember when we all found out the Stig was Ben Collins? Yep, it got completely fucking ruined.

defaultdotxbe
09-20-2011, 07:10 PM
Personally, I think it would be too much of a let down to see his face as it is currently. As a kid in training, I don't mind it, but not as he is at this point of the story.

I'm a bit confused on one thing though. When Microsoft and Bungie split, didn't Bungie retain the rights to Master Chief?!? I thought that was why Microsoft created 343 studios to continue Halo games without Master Chief. John 117 is believed to be the hero in Marathon. That's why they fought to maintain his rights, or so I thought. I know I'm probably wrong, but still...
no, when bungie split from MS (in 2007 when it became its own company again) MS retained all intellectual property rights to halo, the story, the universe, and the chief

CruelMessiah1
09-20-2011, 07:29 PM
if you must know go to halo nation look it up

Walecs360
09-25-2011, 05:28 PM
I think that if they'll reveal it, it will be in the very last game.

Bluestorm926
10-07-2011, 06:16 PM
I have to agree, if they ever did decide to show his face, it'd probably be in the last game. Although I agree, I still doubt it will happen.

TServo
10-10-2011, 10:02 AM
Don't think it will happen. Hope not either. Personally, I think it would ruin it.

MountainShadow
10-12-2011, 09:21 AM
They may not because part of the reason they haven't is so the player can see more of themself in him. I think if they ever do it may not be until he dies (if he ever does) or until halo 5 in the next gen of xbox when they can do him justice.

marishtar
10-21-2011, 10:11 PM
Relevant

ChiefJDUB420
10-30-2011, 01:33 PM
because hes master chief and a hero has to keep his identity a secrect

ajennice
11-22-2011, 05:56 AM
It's either Glenn Jacobs ( Kane/wwe) or david hasslehoff!!!...LOL

I don't think the helmet will ever come off... NOW if 343 wants to tease a partial damaged ares that reveals just enough to catch interest and speculation would be cooll.. Broken visor so you only see his eyes (one optically enhanced or normal), side damage showing scars/tats, or even skull like bones (skull helmet effect), Blinding fligh, plume of fure escaping from helmet...etc.

I'd prefer the "being" inside to remail unknown.. It may be a shemale, an alien, Hell it may not even be armor it's wearing, but it's casing like a terminator/AI....
I mean who was let down once Samus was reveiled? When vader had his helmet removed I was like....eh... some old pale dude with a really bad barber.
They mystique makes master cheif. Outside of that.. It's the player behind him doing the rest...
ALSO... We're a PC world now.. if he's white.. you'll get crap fromthe non-whites.. If he's blachk, I'm sure the reverse talk will talk. While helmeted he's whatever you want him to be.. Hell.. odds are it's you in there...

ajennice
11-22-2011, 06:05 AM
because hes master chief and a hero has to keep his identity a secrect

Bulstein!!! Hell batman (movies) reveiles his identity on every one to those he's tappin' (Vickie vale, Nicholoe kidman, riddler...etc)LOL...

AToMiiK
12-05-2011, 01:37 PM
I agree with everyone saying they won't reveal his face but I think it would be cool if his helmet gets damaged or the visor cracks to the point where you can actually see part of his face, like one of his eyes (robocop style :L) and some in game indications to that, like at the end of reach where the HUD has the cracks across the screen

MixMaker1
12-05-2011, 05:41 PM
I agree with everyone saying they won't reveal his face but I think it would be cool if his helmet gets damaged or the visor cracks to the point where you can actually see part of his face, like one of his eyes (robocop style :L) and some in game indications to that, like at the end of reach where the HUD has the cracks across the screen
That would be pretty cool.

I think we might get a semi-reveal in an emotional scene with 117 & Cortana.

SplashFalcon
12-05-2011, 06:38 PM

That would be cool... kind of like the end of Halo: CE. It keeps you wondering what Master Chief looks like.

LickableLemons7
12-05-2011, 10:30 PM
62 votes for no? Hot damn! Not really surprising, though.

LIFEisHD
12-07-2011, 04:18 PM
I dont think "they" will b/b the cheif is ment to be picked up by the player as if they are him.

MixMaker1
12-07-2011, 05:34 PM
Chief will be revealed or semi-revealed IF it is a great sacrifice to save the galaxy or whatever. That's my best bet. The end of Chief, we get to know who he is, exactly. And then it's all over.

I just can't imagine they'll drag his story out beyond 6. Honestly. I expect an epic conflict, resolution, and ultimately, ending for MC.

LickableLemons7
12-07-2011, 07:21 PM
I just can't imagine they'll drag his story out beyond 6. Honestly. I expect an epic conflict, resolution, and ultimately, ending for MC.

Me niether. I hope 343 won't try and milk out the Halo franchise through games. In a way, I'm disappointed that they already announced 5 and 6, but I suppose it's for the best if they want to fully flesh out Chief and Cortana's story. I also wouldn't want any more spin offs like ODST or Reach. Just go from 4-6, end of story. I hope someone ends up making a good movie adaption after all this is over. Just in memory of the Chief's "first major adventure."

MixMaker1
12-07-2011, 07:26 PM
I think either MC will die OR...

They will go a route of him saving everything and disappearing. Difference is, they may go a different direction with the story. Maybe a return of Forerunners. MC being the key to it.

Still find it odd so many shield worlds out there yet there aren't any Forerunners around.

DarkReign2021
12-07-2011, 09:07 PM
Glasslands gives a decent explanation as to why the Shield Worlds aren't teeming with Forerunner. Ultimately it's just the story for the one particular world and not all of them, but I would imagine the same actuality holds true for all of them.

MixMaker1
12-07-2011, 11:10 PM
Glasslands gives a decent explanation as to why the Shield Worlds aren't teeming with Forerunner. Ultimately it's just the story for the one particular world and not all of them, but I would imagine the same actuality holds true for all of them.
Just started Glasslands last night. Loving it so far (one chapter in).

Can't wait to finish it.

TF003
02-25-2012, 04:44 PM
of course not. they never reveal the face so you can empathize in the character
that's the one and only simple reason why they do it

HorsemanOfWar16
02-26-2012, 08:24 AM
NO. Why would they ruin the icon that is master chief? THe mystery of his identity keeps player's interested in the character - Having that mask means people can make him who they want to make him. :)

I think we may just see a few putting the helmet on - can only see the back of his head kind of shots in this game. But no to ever finding out what he looks like.

ajennice
03-20-2012, 04:21 AM
MC will become with the creator. He'll sacrifice himself for the sake of the galaxy. the last sceen will be him entering a chamber and having wires and nodes plug into him ala MAtrix, then a flash and you'll be able to get a quick glimps of the inside being..almost like a xray....

And boom!!! It's Samuel L jackson..... Mutha Fucka!!!!LOL

Flame03
04-10-2012, 02:23 PM
No

no

no

no

no

1 up
04-11-2012, 07:31 PM
how do you know master chief is even human he may be an elite or maybe another specie helping humans because the elites were threating his home planet years ago and hes getting revenge. hey you never know

SuperSkyline89
04-11-2012, 08:18 PM
how do you know master chief is even human he may be an elite or maybe another specie helping humans because the elites were threating his home planet years ago and hes getting revenge. hey you never know

He's a human that was kidnapped at 6 years old from one of the outer colonies and turned into a killing machine.

There's no mystery to who is he, only what he looks like now. I for one do not want to see what he looks like, it would kill the mystery.

Trust Me Dont
04-11-2012, 08:44 PM
I just hope that they don't screw this game up.
They released some interesting soundtrack related videos, but little gameplay and models.

Let's hope that they won't think that it will sell millions of copies regardless if it is good or bad...let's face it, Halo 4 will sell a lot just because it has "Halo" written on the cover.

10below
04-17-2012, 02:07 PM
Exactly, People would flip out if they saw his head like that, it's like seeing Darth Vader for the first time in episode 6 when Luke takes off his helmet. If 343 does choose to reveal his face in an attempt to make the player feel more connected with the Chief, however, I'd rather have them reveal it at the ending of Halo 6.

Bet he looks like Gordon Freeman under that mask!