PDA

View Full Version : Achievement ideas? Post them here.

TVthePunisher
08-29-2011, 08:45 AM
Since a list hasn't come out yet, we can't really work on a guide just now but so many people have played this game through enough times that I think they'd get a common knowledge of what a particular achievement is asking for. Now...Capcom is set to release their own HD revisions, Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil Code: Veronica X. They only have 12 achievements a piece though they equal up to a 1000 for each game and...it's pretty much the same for both titles (8-9 are story progression, RE4 has a difficulty achievement and one misc. plus just getting costumes and CVX has the harder one at beating the game in under 4? hours plus Battle Mode).

Do you think Konami will be lazy with the achievements for this game and make them simple story progression plus a few random ones? Or worse, MAKE IT 12 ACHIEVEMENTS! So...shoot your ideas on what they could put, something you'd like to see...or probably what you think you'll see.

For me, I can definitely see at least one Pyramid Head related achievement. Of course an end game one...maybe they can have an achievement for each ending like in Homecoming?

The Pants Party
08-29-2011, 11:51 AM
This one has to be 12-20 achievements max, as it will be on the XBLA. So it will only get 200 points as well. The reason the RE games got 1000 is because they will be on the Games on Demand service, which is a digital platform to release retail games - not arcade ports.

merzitar
08-29-2011, 05:15 PM
Well I'm hoping for some ending achievements (such as getting all endings), and then stuff like earning 10-stars, completing it on hardest difficulty, and so on... an ideal standard XBLA title list (I'm not sure if it's going to be on XBLA or not...):

1. Enter the Apartments
2. Exit the Hospital
3. Enter the Hotel
4. Complete the game on the hardest possible difficulty
5. Earn the "Maria" Ending
6. Earn the "Leave" Ending
7. Earn the "In Water" Ending
8. Earn the "Rebirth" Ending
9. Earn the "DOG" Ending
10. Earn the "UFO" Ending
11. Kill one enemy with the Hyper Spray
12. Earn 10-star rating

Something like that...

TVthePunisher
08-29-2011, 08:08 PM
This one has to be 12-20 achievements max, as it will be on the XBLA. So it will only get 200 points as well. The reason the RE games got 1000 is because they will be on the Games on Demand service, which is a digital platform to release retail games - not arcade ports.

So it's not getting a retail release at all? They have a boxart for the PS3 version released (which is actually the same chick in merzitar's sig), though in this article they claim there's nothing to say that it's the official boxart though it still looks good:

http://www.gamersspot.com/?controller=news&op=view-news&news_id=96242

http://i.imgur.com/WPhQT.jpg

The Pants Party
08-29-2011, 09:01 PM
I believe it will also be available on disc, but getting a retail collection doesn't mean it becomes a "retail" game which would entitle it to the 1000 Gamerscore. There have been plenty of arcades collected onto disc (Plants vs. Zombies with Zuma and Peggle; Triple Pack with Limbo, Splosion Man and Trials; etc etc) - they just load as their individual games off the disc.

The difference between between XBLA or GOD is just size. These are small enough to go through on the normal XBLA service so they're classified as arcade games. The RE remakes are too big so they become retail GOD games.

TVthePunisher
08-29-2011, 09:27 PM
Yeah I have the Plants vs. Zombies disc, so when it's in the console it shows in your game library the three separate games and what not. Hm...are these two games really that much smaller than the other two? I understand Resident Evil 4, since it pretty much uses the graphics from REmake (Resident Evil remake for the Gamecube) and Resident Evil 0, but I would think that at least Silent Hill 3 would be around the same size as Code Veronica X...then again, I could always be wrong =P

What are all the sizes of these games? Since America (and I assume the UK) aren't getting retail releases of Resident Evil Revival Collection (both games pretty much), I'll have to download them to my console. If the option to pick this SH collection up as retail comes available, I'll certainly pursue that.

The Pants Party
08-29-2011, 10:10 PM
Actually the RE games are coming on disc.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-9096-Resident-Evil-4-HD-and-RE--Code-Veronica-X-HD-Heading-to-Retail-in-September.html

I have no idea about the sizes of each game, but I know the limit is 2GB. So these are under that and the RE games aren't. :p

merzitar
08-29-2011, 10:46 PM
That article about Resident Evil is actually incorrect. Only Japan are getting a disc release.

Anyway, the Silent Hill HD Collection, right now, appears to be on a retail disc, both games being in one package. However, it could end up being like the Dreamcast Collection, which I believe is the actual separate arcade titles, just accessed through a disc. Anyway, right now, I think it's a retail only, but we'll have to wait'n'see.

TVthePunisher
08-30-2011, 12:37 AM
That article about Resident Evil is actually incorrect. Only Japan are getting a disc release.

Anyway, the Silent Hill HD Collection, right now, appears to be on a retail disc, both games being in one package. However, it could end up being like the Dreamcast Collection, which I believe is the actual separate arcade titles, just accessed through a disc. Anyway, right now, I think it's a retail only, but we'll have to wait'n'see.

He's correct about it being incorrect, various websites that reported the game would be getting a retail release outside of Japan were mislead because several of them later apologized for the confusion and considered it a typo, saying that then it wouldn't be released retail outside of the US.

Since Japanese Capcom are dicks, they won't listen to fans like Konami did (this was going to just be PS3 only but enough fan response made them reconsider and they went Xbox 360 as well).

Midey77
08-30-2011, 12:22 PM
Hmm... I will try.

1. Meet Angela.
2. Meet Eddie.
3. Meet Laura.
4. Meet Maria.
5. Speak with Mary for the last time.
6. Solve the first puzzle.
7. Solve the second puzzle.
8. Solve the third puzzle.
9. Solve the fourth puzzle.
10. Solve the fifth puzzle.
11. Solve the sixth puzzle.
12. Solve the seventh puzzle.
13. Solve the eight puzzle.
14. Solve the ninth puzzle.
15. Solve the final puzzle.
16. Achieve Ten Star Ranking.
17. Beat the game on Easy.
18. Beat the game on Normal.
19. Beat the game on Hard.
20. Beat the game on Extra.
21. Get the "Maria" Ending
22. Get the "Leave" Ending
23. Get the "In Water" Ending
24. Get the "Rebirth" Ending
25. Get the "DOG" Ending
26. Get the "UFO" Ending
27. Defeat Pyramid Head.
28. Defeat the Hangers.
29. Defeat Angela's father.
30. Defeat Eddie.
31. Defeat Pyramid Heads.
32. Defeat Mary.
33. Defeat Maria.
34. Complete 'Born From A Wish'.

merzitar
08-30-2011, 04:53 PM
How about an achievement for fully marking all maps?

zhoban
08-30-2011, 06:58 PM
Since a list hasn't come out yet, we can't really work on a guide just now but so many people have played this game through enough times that I think they'd get a common knowledge of what a particular achievement is asking for. Now...Capcom is set to release their own HD revisions, Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil Code: Veronica X. They only have 12 achievements a piece though they equal up to a 1000 for each game and...it's pretty much the same for both titles (8-9 are story progression, RE4 has a difficulty achievement and one misc. plus just getting costumes and CVX has the harder one at beating the game in under 4? hours plus Battle Mode).

Do you think Konami will be lazy with the achievements for this game and make them simple story progression plus a few random ones? Or worse, MAKE IT 12 ACHIEVEMENTS! So...shoot your ideas on what they could put, something you'd like to see...or probably what you think you'll see.

For me, I can definitely see at least one Pyramid Head related achievement. Of course an end game one...maybe they can have an achievement for each ending like in Homecoming?
If they are anything like Silent Hill: Homecoming, they will be just awful. Which if they are like that I am guessing the achievement/ trophy list for Silent Hill 2 will be something like this:
Defeat 1 Lying Figure
Defeat 1 Mannequin
Defeat 1 Bubble Head Nurse
Defeat 1 Cockroach
Defeat 1 Mandarin
Beat game on Hard difficulty
Defeated Red Pyramid
Defeated Flesh Lips
Defeated Abstract Daddy
Defeated Eddie
Defeated the two Red Pyramids
Defeated Mary/ Maria
Obtain In Water Ending
Obtain Leave Ending
Obtain Maria Ending
Obtain Rebirth Ending
Obtain UFO Ending
Obtain Dog Ending
Found Hyper Spray

I don't remember much of Silent Hill 3 so I couldn't make a achievement/ trophy list out of that game.

8BitSoul
10-02-2011, 10:26 PM
I'm a bit concervative when it comes to SH games, as I used to play the hell out of 1, 2 & 3 back when they came out, so most of my Achievements would be obscure.

- Look Familiar?: Inspect the poster of Maria in the bathroom where you start the game.

- Blue Velvet: Inspect the picture on the wall in the room where you first meet Pyramid Head.

- What Does it Mean?...: Read the first message that appears in Neely's Bar. ("There was a HOLE here. It's gone now")

- ...It Means You're going to Hell!: Read the second messages that appears in Neely's bar after leaving Brookheaven Hospital. ("If you really want to SEE Mary, you should just DIE. But you might be heading to a different place than Mary, James")

- Piecing Together the Big Picture: Discover James' body in room 208 at the Wood Side Apartments, and hear the cires of the sobbing man in room 208 at the Lakeview Hotel.

One achievement that links between SH2 & SH3:

SH2 - Not for Girls!: reach into the dirty toilet and grab the wallet.

SH3 - That would be James...: Try to reach inside the toilet.

In SH3 on PS2, if you had SH2 saved on the same memory card as SH3, there would be an easter egg in one of the bathrooms. In SH2, James sticks his hand inside a dirty toilet and grabs a wallet with no trouble. In SH3, as Heather, you can try to do the same thing in a bathroom, and a cuscene will play. Heather will stop just before putting her hand in the toilet water, and say something like: "Ughh! That's disgusting! Who would do something like that?". That always made me laugh when playing SH3:P

Just a couple of achievements from the top of my head that would be cool to see in the game. I hope they are creative with the chieves, and don't just go for the typical completion achievements!

Schism
10-03-2011, 01:41 AM
Judgement-defeat both Pyramid Heads with the Great Knife
The Truth-view the tape and listen to the headphones.
Restless Dreams-complete all endings
The Silent Hill Chainsaw Massacre-use the chainsaw to kill 100 enemies
Born From a Wish(if the scenario is included)-complete born from a wish
Punishment-defeat Angela's father

8BitSoul
10-03-2011, 01:22 PM
Born From a Wish(if the scenario is included)-complete born from a wish

The Collection will include Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams / Inner Fears (EU title), so it's safe to assume that Born From a Wish will make an appereance!;)

TrAvIs7
10-03-2011, 08:28 PM
I'd just want a 500G/500G split or even an 1000/1000. I just hope they throw some challenging ones in.

Jack Pumpkinhed
11-04-2011, 05:20 AM
Well...after seeing the MGS collection having 50 achievements for 1000 I'm getting more excited at the prospect of this having 50 achievements and 1000 :Bounce:

Puff Braddy
11-24-2011, 05:36 AM

Um, no. It's not being released via digital distribution, it's being released on disc. The game will have 1000 GS. Hopefully 1000 for each game :)

The Pants Party
11-24-2011, 01:55 PM
Um, no. It's not being released via digital distribution, it's being released on disc. The game will have 1000 GS. Hopefully 1000 for each game :)

I posted that three months ago when that was their plan. At that time, none of these HD remakes had been released. Now we've seen how companies have had to handle their HD ports due to size restrictions. When this (and others) were announced, every one of them claimed they would be available via "Xbox Live Arcade" and if that held they would have been arcade games. But someone was misinformed along the line, causing me to be misinformed as well. :p

MGS was unique since Peace Walker was released separately in Japan and got its own achievement list while 2&3 were lumped into one. This just has the two games in one collection in all regions, so I'm assuming it will be one achievements list for 1000G.

carrliadiere
12-22-2011, 02:06 PM
I'm a fan of quirky, story-related achievements in these HD Remakes. And Silent Hill 2 is one of my all time favourites, hence:

- Long Way Down : Take the walk to Silent Hill
- Aren't You Maria? : Speak with Maria in the prison cell
- I'm Not Your Mary : See Maria meet her end for a third time
- Too Long; Didn't Listen : Ask Eddie if he's crazy
- Angela's Ashes : Say goodbye to Angela
- There Was A Hole Here : Find a structural problem in the Silent Hill Historical Society
- Toluca Lake Tours : Relax, take a boat ride
- Fading Memories : View Mary's letter at every stage of its development
- So It Was All Your Work : View the dog ending
- Maguffin : Find the orange juice
- Call A Locksmith : Check 100 locked doors
- Acceptance : Remember what you did to her, James
- That's Not Sexy : Kill 25 nurses
- Heaven's Night : Chase Laura... again

TVthePunisher
12-22-2011, 09:47 PM
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7871/g206.jpg

I just want to say Pants...he kind of looks like my former father-in-law from my last marriage. Also sort of like the dude from Ghost Hunters/Adventures/Mysteries (I have no idea what it's called to be honest).

krammaii
01-03-2012, 01:34 AM
I am predicting these kind of achievements if it is a 1000/1000G game.

Serial monogamist: Unlock Maria ending
You so want this to be canon: Unlock In Water ending
No looking back: Unlock Leave ending
So wrong: Unlock Rebirth ending
The truth is out there: Unlock UFO ending
Totally not Japanese: Unlock Dog ending
James through the looking glass: Unlock all endings

TrAvIs7
02-25-2012, 09:11 PM
Were getting closer and closer to knowing :woop::woop::woop::woop::woop:

Thicketford
02-27-2012, 08:57 PM
So excited for this. I don't know whether to play this or Mass Effect 3. They're both out on the 9th.

TVthePunisher
02-27-2012, 09:25 PM
Ugh ._. still no achievement list...a lot of games we're getting weeks before release, sometimes even months. Hell I think we got MGSHD a few months before it's release and to my knowledge, DMCHD still isn't out and that list came out in something like December.