PDA

View Full Version : Meet Your New, Official Female Commander Shepard

OceanH
08-29-2011, 11:33 AM
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2011/08/ginger2.jpg

http://na.llnet.bioware.cdn.ea.com/u/f/eagames/bioware/masseffect3/resources/assets/media/wallpapers/wallpaper-004-femshep-1280x1024.jpg

http://kotaku.com/5835269/meet-your-new-official-female-commander-shepard

http://masseffect.bioware.com/me3/media/wallpapers/

JuSt BLaZe
08-29-2011, 11:37 AM
Man she looks like...I don't know...different haha.

Grey Delta
08-29-2011, 04:52 PM
Images are already over here :p

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=321459

EDIT: I definitely think the right hairstyle won, I preferred the black hair though

OceanH
08-29-2011, 06:01 PM
Images are already over here :p

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=321459

EDIT: I definitely think the right hairstyle won, I preferred the black hair though

Dammit :p

/10charactersrequirement

Opiate42
08-29-2011, 06:24 PM
YAY!!!

Whew. Damn, mine is a red-head too...just not so....mean looking. :)

Axel 360
08-30-2011, 03:49 AM
First picture looks awesome, the second one (that will appear on Collectorīs Edition) does looks weird to me. Sheīs red hair, ok, but, WHOA, thatīs too much red.

Anyhow, I think the FemShep votes for hair style and hair color were pretty stupid. If you like to play female Shepard (like myself) you already have one created, and will import looks as well. Yeah, we can change her looks again to make her prettier (just like we have importing from ME1 to 2) but I donīt want to do that again.

My point is, they should have use this real model face from the first game and go on. Thatīs the problem with FemShep from the start, they have a predeterminate one, but wasnīt that much good looking as we men like to play them (letīs be honest) so you have to create your own. And in ME2 they listen to fans and change her by improving the face lines and making them more womanized. And now we finally get a hot Shepard. At least, voice is the same for the whole saga, that will make all of this more bizarre.

It took them 3 games to threat the female character like they threat male. I know that most of players play male, but for those who donīt or do several characters, I really think it sucks.

ZingZitang
09-02-2011, 06:28 PM
I Personally Find Her and Her Red Hair Very Attractive. I Might not need to Romance anyone if they Have a mirror on the Normandy this time around. El oh El.

M1 Punk
09-02-2011, 07:32 PM
OEEEH SPICY! But anyway, wouldn't it be awesome if the female Shepard would have looked and sounded like Morrigan from Dragon Age?

I normally never pick the female characters but I would have made an exception for that!

http://www.igniq.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/dragon_age_origins_morrigan_witch_hunt_250810.jpg

Outline
09-03-2011, 07:16 AM
Special edition will look sweet :)

Miles Prower F6
09-03-2011, 11:53 PM
She looks too young to be a badass super soldier saving the universe. They should have made her more on male shepard's level of maturity.

Can't take such a young looking person seriously spouting out the lines CDR Shepard has.

Shawn0fTh3Dead
09-06-2011, 05:21 AM
she definitely looks hot

ZingZitang
09-07-2011, 07:54 PM
She looks too young to be a badass super soldier saving the universe. They should have made her more on male shepard's level of maturity.

Can't take such a young looking person seriously spouting out the lines CDR Shepard has.
Well, If you want to Get Technical, with the Advancements in Medical Technology and the ever increasing Average Human Life Span, People in their 40's or 50's look nearly the same as they did in their 20's or 30's.

Considering Sheperd was Born April 11th, 2154, and the Events of Mass Effect 3 Take place Sometime during/after the year 2186 that means Shepard is at least 32 years old. I think she could pass as a 32 year old.

DEG23
09-08-2011, 03:02 AM
Well, If you want to Get Technical, with the Advancements in Medical Technology and the ever increasing Average Human Life Span, People in their 40's or 50's look nearly the same as they did in their 20's or 30's.

Considering Sheperd was Born April 11th, 2154, and the Events of Mass Effect 3 Take place Sometime during/after the year 2186 that means Shepard is at least 32 years old. I think she could pass as a 32 year old.

I found when creating a female Shepard she either looked like she was fresh out of high shool, or going through menopause, I couldn't find that sweet spot.

I think that's what happens when so much of our society places so much emphasise on the look & attractiveness of women, because i found any custom male Shepard i created looked the part (that 20-30 age gap) but struggled to find a female Shepard i liked.
Maybe my standards are too high.

cloud72
09-10-2011, 03:36 AM
i'd tap that

AK Punk
09-14-2011, 05:34 AM
Better than the previous one's thats for sure.

13ip0lar
09-14-2011, 08:54 PM
Imo she's too hard rock for my tastes, but not the worst of the lot. So I'm happy with her as fem-shep. I think what sells it for me is when I think of Jennifer Hale voicing her, and now seeing this model, they got together very well. I haven't played a fem-shep in any of the previous Mass Effect's but after playing the second and realizing she did the voice work I know want to play each with her. :3

Darth Obnox
09-19-2011, 06:32 AM
Ah! Way back in ME1 I named my FemShep "Sonja" as a tribute to Red Sonja. I'll use this model for sure. Isn't she also on the metallic cover of the collector's edition? Sweet. :)

xXImSoBalzyXx
09-26-2011, 01:39 AM
Hot!!!!!!!!

Lord Montymort
10-10-2011, 02:19 PM
Ha, the funny thing is she actually looks kinda like my female Shepard who I used for my Insane playthough of ME1 and who I'm currently using for Insane ME2 (and if I could get passed that bloody Collector Ship, and finish ME2 I'll use her for ME3 Insane too).

MerkinOvertime
10-10-2011, 05:18 PM
Gingers are weak! No way a ginger shep (m or f) is saving a McDonalds, let alone the universe. Would much rather have seen the dark skin, dark haired one. I'll definitely be switching the default fem out for a custom one. Too bad they couldn't keep the choices we got to vote on as defaults.

Miles Prower F6
10-12-2011, 02:12 AM

I don't doubt that.

But it's less about what is technically possible, and more about what makes a great character. Sure all the reasons can be used to make female Shepard young looking, but she still does not look like she could be taken seriously.

Both Shepards are going to be mighty warriors, female Shepard does not look gritty and tough enough to go on some galactic quest to save the universe. And it isn't because she's female, it's because she has a flawless baby face. Is she pretty? Sure. But she isn't very powerful or commanding looking.

Basically she doesn't fit the role in terms of appearance. Glamour and vibrant youth is useful in a game like Bayonetta, which has a flirty and more casual theme. In ME3 we're looking for something far more serious.

fastNcurious
10-12-2011, 02:34 AM
But it's less about what is technically possible, and more about what makes a great character. Sure all the reasons can be used to make female Shepard young looking, but she still does not look like she could be taken seriously.

I was just looking at the pic in the OP and I thought the same thing. If you use your hand to cover up the body, use your imagination to subtract the eyeliner, she looks like a typical angry teenager.

hotdogenigma
03-13-2012, 03:28 PM
I'm doing a renegade run with a fem-shep, started in ME 1 and in the middle of ME 2. I love her tone, to the point and hilarious, but bad ass at the same time lol.

ColdSpider72
03-13-2012, 03:33 PM
I'm doing a renegade run with a fem-shep, started in ME 1 and in the middle of ME 2. I love her tone, to the point and hilarious, but bad ass at the same time lol.

Congratulations. Did you really need to bump a 5 month old thread just to tell us that?

23 pages of threads and this is the one that you revive??