PDA

View Full Version : The second character

YiazmatXII
08-29-2011, 11:47 AM
So... I just read about another confirmed character... a Siren named Maya, although I don't think any further details have been confirmed yet.

After watching the leaked video... it seems to me that Gearbox have simple re-used all the old models, cleaned them up a bit, and called it Borderlands 2.

Not necessarily a bad thing, but I guess we will have to wait and see

Maya:
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110818185512/borderlands/images/b/b9/Maya3.jpg

Thoughts on the new character?

DarkCrown
08-29-2011, 01:47 PM
well I don't think it's that bad , after all every RPG have mostly the same type of class . They just keep the term Siren , it will be a different character with different personality , that's what matter :)

Omg I can't wait to play!

Joker0fLife
09-06-2011, 04:37 AM
Well the sirens, from what I can gather, are all pale with tattoos do to their race, so you can't really complain that they "reused" models when the lore they created justifies it as such. From what I've seen, I love the new character because I loved the Lilith, so if they keep Maya remotely the same, I'll be happy. Also, Salvador looks nothing like Brick.

Pics for proof:
http://images.wikia.com/borderlands/images/b/b9/Lilith_tattoos.jpg
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110818185512/borderlands/images/b/b9/Maya3.jpg

http://borderlandshq.com/tp-images/1uidborderlands-brick.jpg
http://www.gamersleak.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/bl2_merckey_1920x1080.jpg

neok182
09-06-2011, 05:23 AM
as jokeroflife says, there is an actual reason for lilith and maya to look similar, their both the same race and all sirens look similar. And aside from being pale and blue tattoos they look totally different.

And how you can say an 8 foot tall bald man and a 4 foot tall dwarf with a blue beard are similar is beyond me. I think you seriously need to get your eyes checked.

but your not the first person to say this, the comments on youtube are filled with people saying that borderlands 2 sucks because it looks the same. Honestly, i want to smack all of those people.

theres an old saying. DON'T FIX WHAT ISN'T BROKEN!

The graphics of borderlands are perfect, it's a unique style for a unique game. And gearbox is fixing all of the major glitches and complaints of the first game

YiazmatXII
09-06-2011, 08:13 PM
but your not the first person to say this, the comments on youtube are filled with people saying that borderlands 2 sucks because it looks the same. Honestly, i want to smack all of those people.

theres an old saying. DON'T FIX WHAT ISN'T BROKEN!

Woah... hey hey I wasn't saying it sucks. I'm looking forward to this just as much as the next Borderlands fan, and I agree... why fix what ain't broken.. Look at the two Zelda games on the N64 for example.

I don't think you quite understook what I meant... I did not say anywhere that Brick and Salvador are the same... unless somebody photoshops the blue beard on to Brick... *ponders*
I was only stating that they used the same things except changed them a bit..... Like Ocarinaof Time and Majora's Mask.

Axel 360
09-15-2011, 02:40 PM
Iīm ok with her as for now (I really will prefer is they use all 4 characters for show in the game, not just Salvatore as Iīm starting to hate him).

What really dislike me is her outfit. Itīs just so X-men alike and reflect so much little about the Borderlands universe that make me feel like see was out place. Maybe they will say that she use to work for Hyperion somehow and thatīs way she dress so yellow.

Anyhow, please Gearbox, please, please, pretty please: More information on this game and specially on the new characters. Salvatore has dual wielding weapons, ok, we know, we donīt need a reminder every fucking time!!

Seriously, no matter how the other characters look alike, I know Salvatore will be my last played just because of how much I learn to hate him. Even when he looks fun to play, but being the only promotional character as really damage him, at least for me.

RBmaster9345
09-21-2011, 08:34 PM
Never played Borderlands but I gotta say the new siren model actually looks pretty good.

Annihil88torr
09-28-2011, 12:42 PM
New Borderlands 2 Screenshots! FEMALE CHARACTER REVEALED AND MORE!!! (HD) - YouTube

ChickinOnaChain
02-03-2012, 03:38 PM
Will Mordecai be back? He was the only one I cared to play.

Toams07
02-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Yay.
Looks like I'll be playing as a Siren again

IceBlox
02-12-2012, 04:18 PM
Can't wait to play as the new siren! I loved Lilith!

Verdinial
02-12-2012, 04:38 PM
Its strange, I prefer how the Siren looks in this, rather than what she looked like in the previous game, not too fond of the Gunzerker though, wonder what the other two will look like :D

@JokerofLife, every time I see the video of that weird thing in the costume hitting the ball I can't help but laugh XD

Sarsage
02-15-2012, 11:37 PM
I guess now we're waiting for a black guy and a mexican character to be confirmed.

Ice Car
02-16-2012, 12:49 AM
Will Mordecai be back? He was the only one I cared to play.

Yes and no. The Original Vault Hunters are likely going to be back, but as NPCs, there are 4 new classes now that will replace them.

wim17
02-22-2012, 08:24 AM
As long as I get a sniper character I will be pleased.

Burnout x360a
02-22-2012, 08:50 AM
Siren was by far the most powerful/easy class in the first game I think. Not that it was a problem as it's a single/co-op title.

Good to see another one :p