PDA

View Full Version : Leak and details for Modern Warfare 3

QuiCkz AleX
08-30-2011, 09:43 AM
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/579/callofdutymodernwarfareqt.jpg
32 players in multiplayer and integrated Steamworks.
Start with the most sensational news: someone has managed to navigate the menus one of the stations playing Call of Duty XP event to be held soon in Los Angeles, filming everything with a cell phone and post the video on YouTube. Obviously Activision did immediately remove the video but on SFX-360 (http://sfx-360.com/newsite/modern-warfare-3-multiplayer-modes-leaked-before-cod-xp/) are the detailed account of what has been shown.
In summary, it seems that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 will support as many as 32 players per game, even on the console, some game modes, whereas the previous chapters to allow a maximum of 18 players. Alongside the Classic Team Deathmatch was also sighted a mysterious bomb mode, on which we will know more soon.
They were also unveiled the names of at least 13 multiplayer maps, namely: Carbon, Coast Dome, Exchange, hardhat, Interchange, Lambeth, Meteora, Mogadishu, Paris, Plaza, Radar and Seatown.
Finally, Valve has announced that the PC version of the game, that is on sale in shops in digital delivery, will use the Steamworks suite as a DRM system, for the refresh, the achievements and much more.

Grey Delta
08-30-2011, 10:31 AM
32 players will be PC only, I think.

StillTIPPIN187
08-30-2011, 11:44 AM
32 Players may be true.. I remember RB stating that were putting some new Stream lining tech into MW3 to have bigger maps... the bigger maps could be needed for a bigger player count.

But im not getting my hopes up.

I think the 32 player count on console is running on the build at CoDXP because its gonna be running on a LAN connection.

MajorUndeadZ
08-30-2011, 11:45 AM
I hope its 32 players that would be deadly

Perax
08-30-2011, 02:16 PM
How can p2p connections deal with 32 players? If this info is real and no dedicated servers, it will be lagfest.

A "war" game mode where max ppl is 18 is often much more laggy then "normal" games, 32 is really excessive for p2p.

Maybe we miss something... ?

snipingheadshot
08-30-2011, 03:02 PM
I think the 32 player count on console is running on the build at CoDXP because its gonna be running on a LAN connection.

I agree. There's no way the average person that connects to XBL will be able to handle 31 people on their connection. Anybody remember Ground War in MW2? The game didn't know if a potato or somebody with a fiber optic connection was a better host. Every other host was laggy and nobody could walk except the host.

xXmyxxmastaXx
08-30-2011, 08:17 PM
i believe 32 players will be PC ONLY. since they have ded servers

JASEL84
08-30-2011, 09:23 PM
OFC only for PC players i bet 100 $ on that

TpYourHouse
08-31-2011, 04:36 AM
Don't get your hopes up, that 32 players part is for the PC and its dedicated servers. As for the consoles and P2P... I HIGHLY DOUBT 32 players will run smoothly... Sure, the Xbox could have 32 players in one game, but there is no guarantee that it won't be laggy.

sheem
09-01-2011, 04:07 AM
wish spec ops was 4 players instead of two