PDA

View Full Version : Gamefly?

Trauma2DaSkull
07-18-2007, 10:42 PM
Hey all, i'm pretty new to this site... i like what i see so far. Anyway, those of you with thousands upon thousands of achievement points... do you have gamefly, or are you rich and buy every game that comes out? i mean, if you have 100k pts, you must have completely dominated at least 100 games. I only have about 2200 and i've played the hell out of my xbox lol. i just got gamefly and i rented nhl 2007 and amped (any popular games are super difficult to get, so i went with these as fillers while games like shadow run and oblivion slowly become available.

Conker Rules All
07-18-2007, 10:49 PM
ya i got gamefly and i can get lots of achievement points but im waiting for gamerleague season 4 to start because im holding back many arcade games and retails but will keep gamefly because it's an easy way for points especially if you're smart and put all the available now games on top so you're most likely to get them

Shaaady Souljah
07-18-2007, 10:52 PM
most people rent through gamefly or other rental services, as well as buy games. i think its a combonation of both for the high point earners...

Hulking Bubba65
07-18-2007, 11:01 PM
I have gamefly but dont have that many points but its a great way to get points i just rent games i think ill like not really easy games. (Except TMNT which i did in like 4-6 hours, and its pretty highly available so get it if you want easy points.)

Darth Odan
07-18-2007, 11:13 PM
It sucks being a US territory. No gamefly :( At least theirs Netflix, Blockbuster, and Video Avenue....

Vista
07-19-2007, 02:49 AM
they have games for netflix????

DoM cAbAn
07-19-2007, 03:59 AM
they have games for netflix????

Nope, I'm pretty sure they don't. I think he's just talking about rentals in general, not just video games.

TimmayTheTurtle
07-19-2007, 04:29 AM
i use gamefly for games i want to achievements, [such as cars, fusion frenzy, and other easy shit], i wouldn't get it for amazing and awesome games like oblivion and such, that i would play forever from time to time. but game fly is great for achievements.

Spot2009
07-19-2007, 05:35 AM
I don't use a rental service. I just buy my games.

The only game I have played that I don't own (that isn't a demo) was King Kong, which I borrowed from a friend for the Old Spice Challenge.

kvant
07-19-2007, 06:04 AM
(note, my gamerscore isn't that high. 5935 / 19450 with three games unplayed :P)

Online auctions are eeeeeexcellent place to find games cheap. (bought vampire rain for 20e just now.)

DeW222
07-19-2007, 06:09 AM
I just got Gamefly and got The Darkness and Transformers so I'd say it's pretty nice. I'm still going to buy all those that I really wanted to and that have a good online/replay value.

Unfortunately this is only temporary since I'm moving in about 2 months and Gamefly is only in the U.S.

Jdm
07-19-2007, 09:05 AM
i use gamefly for games i want to achievements, [such as cars, fusion frenzy, and other easy shit], i wouldn't get it for amazing and awesome games like oblivion and such, that i would play forever from time to time. but game fly is great for achievements.

^^^I do the same as well. Some games are better off being purchased, then rented.

I am half and half when it comes to Owning and Renting games. I have a GameFly account, but I also own about 50 games. Lets just say Time is my enemy. So many incomplete games...that explains my poor %. Work > Xbox > Time

bosInFusioN
07-19-2007, 11:12 AM
I use a Canadian version of gamefly most of the time. Although I also am part of a free trading community where I trade the games I own which I don't play anymore with real gamers for games they don't play anymore, So I buy a lot of them too.

Vista
07-19-2007, 03:52 PM
Ok cuz i have netflix and i never see games...I guess i will go with the $8 gamefly plan

Vampire x360a
07-19-2007, 03:59 PM
for any uk gamers there is always www.boomerangrentals.co.uk (http://www.boomerangrentals.co.uk) well i think thats it, its real gd oh and most people rent however i have a freind who has 47k gs and has never rented :)

twotonkoala
07-19-2007, 04:47 PM
Another one that's even better for achievements is gameznflix, you can get 3 out at the same time for cheaper, and also the shipping times tend to be better unless you're on the east or west coasts; although their selection is worse.

But, most will buy/rent. Renting is easier, even for some games that you'll spend time on. As a reference: I pay roughly 12.50 for my gameznflix a month. So, if you think about it, that's about 5 months worth of service for the cost of 1 new game. So, even if you were to have 1 game out, play it for 5 months, then send it back for the next one, play it for 5 months, etc, you're still coming out on top in the end. Obviously there are some that you still want to own, but you also get 3 out at a time, so even if you plan on hanging on to them for awhile, it's not that bad of a deal if you think about it.

Vampire x360a
07-19-2007, 04:51 PM
is that 3 at a time for watever deal u r getting cause im a memeber on boomerang and depending on what deal u get depends on how many you can have at once ??

twotonkoala
07-19-2007, 05:11 PM
Yes, there are different levels. 3 out is the most, but it's also a movie site as well, so it's up to 3 games/movies at a time (I just personally only use it for games). There are also plans that are cheaper for 2 games out and 1 game out. I'm also getting a better price because I did a google search for gameznflix coupons, and found one that gave me the subscription at a discounted price. If you plan on going that route, I would definately search for a coupon code first.

Frakus
07-19-2007, 05:27 PM
I signed up for gamefly yesterday through the site link going to give them a spin and also helps the site out. If gamelfy doesn;t work out I may try gameznflix like you mentioned first time renting games online so we shall see how it works.

Vampire x360a
07-19-2007, 05:33 PM
ok frakus be sure to let us know how it all works, and if u dont like gamefly and ecide to change to gameznflix let us know why !! cheers

MoB Lonewolf
07-19-2007, 07:58 PM
i use my Hollywood video instead of gamefly because i dont have to wait till the games arrive, i can just walk up. also it was the same price so i thought it was better.

AJJets107
07-19-2007, 09:10 PM
I got Gamefly a month ago and I have only rented two games. Mostly because I sent them the two games and the Post Office sent it somewhere else. I had to wait one week for them to find it. And tommorow they should ship the games.

Gun-Nut
07-20-2007, 04:37 AM
for any uk gamers there is always www.boomerangrentals.co.uk (http://www.boomerangrentals.co.uk) well i think thats it, its real gd oh and most people rent however i have a freind who has 47k gs and has never rented :)

Thanks for that link! :) I may just sign up to this seems like a nice deal, unlimited games a month for 9.99 only 1 at a time though but I would only pay 1 at a time.

XxLUC41xX
07-20-2007, 04:40 AM
i dont rent games i buy all of them

MoB Lonewolf
07-20-2007, 07:24 AM
i dont rent games i buy all of them

really? isnt that kinda a waste of money? hey i wonder......

EDIT: hey you can edit peoples quotes! i never knew that...sry, short attention span

Rascalov
07-20-2007, 09:25 AM
Ive never been into renting - takes too long for them to send games out. It did when I was on swapgame anyway.

The 360 Dragon
07-20-2007, 09:42 AM
Hey all, i'm pretty new to this site... i like what i see so far. Anyway, those of you with thousands upon thousands of achievement points... do you have gamefly, or are you rich and buy every game that comes out? i mean, if you have 100k pts, you must have completely dominated at least 100 games. I only have about 2200 and i've played the hell out of my xbox lol. i just got gamefly and i rented nhl 2007 and amped (any popular games are super difficult to get, so i went with these as fillers while games like shadow run and oblivion slowly become available.

Another thing you are forgetting is almost all the people at 100k plus are cheaters who had other people do their games and such.

Glyndinn
07-20-2007, 01:02 PM
The first time I joined Gamefly, my 360 broke while playing TMNT. This was just a coincidence, and now that I'm back and running again, I just restarted the subscription.

TMNT and Madden 06 should be here today :woop:

(I can't stand to have TMNT show as only 20/1000 on my list)

Trauma2DaSkull
07-20-2007, 08:52 PM
LOL, from all accounts I've heard, that will make for a quick 2000 GS. I'm going to rent TMNT next. Just can't bring myself to rent Madden 06, since I have 07.

Rand al Thor 19
07-20-2007, 11:46 PM
I use a combination of Gamefly, Blockbuster, and Hollywood Video. I do buy some games, usually just the marquee titles though.

XxCARBONKIDxX
07-21-2007, 12:07 AM
Welcome To The Site Dude!!