PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Discussion

Method
08-31-2011, 12:45 PM
Discuss the achievements in this thread. The list is found HERE. (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/spider-man-edge-of-time/achievements/)

Looks like a mix of challenges, story gameplay and collecting. Lots of secret achievements though.

Wulfaur
08-31-2011, 02:43 PM
I'm sure the secret achievements are like "Beat <insert boss name here>". The list looks a lot like the Shattered Dimensions list. I hope the alternates are as good this time around, I love the Scarlet Spider alternate :D

AKfoy0face
08-31-2011, 03:33 PM
yea its obvious the secret ones are story/boss related. looks alot like shattered dimensions, which im currently playing.

yodaimne
09-04-2011, 01:37 AM
there is a achievement that is to unlock all the alternatives costumes and I know that when we precommand the game, you unlock the cosmic costume.I do not know if the suit is part of the achievement

DESTRO5
09-30-2011, 07:08 PM
Seems like lots of grinding to be done.

MisterDaVinci
10-05-2011, 05:37 AM
actually this game seems rather short and cheevos pop up rather frequently. i some of the challenges are a little tough to get golds on and im not sure about the freefall one. is there a specific one that is easier. could not get thru the first one without hitting at least one obstacle. great game tho.

cutchinz
10-09-2011, 06:21 PM
Does anyone know what you have to do for the alternate suits?

skeeter72
10-10-2011, 08:27 PM
Does anybody know how to get the other Rhino newspaper. I have the one that tells about him winning the demolition derby, but I did not get the other one. I have totally completed the story mode. Any help would be appreciated..

daishichi
10-10-2011, 09:59 PM
You can unlock alternate suits by completing the challenges. The center of each chapter's challenges unlocks when you get Silver or better on the surrounding ones, and so far all/most of them have awarded a Costume Unlock (you can choose which costume to unlock).

I got the freefall "Booster" achievement on the second freefall; I believe it's at/near the start of Act 2 when 2099 leaves the portal room through a hole in the center. You will freefall three times in that chapter, I believe, with an area to clear between each, but the first one was exceptionally short. I hit several obstacles, not expecting to survive, and before I knew it I'd reached the end and it popped. I assume any of the three would count as a "section".

I thought the newspapers unlocked with each chapter completed; they are on the Web of Challenges as such. EDIT: I see from the YouTube video below that there are 19 Newspapers, so that seems like one for each of the 16 chapters and for each of the 3 Acts. Doesn't really answer your question though...I thought the alternate headline unlocked with game progression. I've seen the "headline changed" pop up in the lower right, but never noticed having done anything special to get it.

The one collectible I haven't figured out is the Memos. I guess they're just lying around in the environment; I seem to have stumbled on #2, but missed the others so far. No achievement for them, so no biggie.

Spider-Man Edge of Time Xbox 360 Newspapers - YouTube

skeeter72
10-10-2011, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the input. I thought that too, but for some reason the rhino one in our time did not. I'll try to find it out. Yeah I found the first two memo's also but have no clue where the other ones are. I'm about to replay it on hard to get that achievement. If I see them I'll post them. Thanks again..

Fried Cola
10-19-2011, 02:26 AM
Does anybody know how to get the other Rhino newspaper. I have the one that tells about him winning the demolition derby, but I did not get the other one. I have totally completed the story mode. Any help would be appreciated..

I'm not 100% certain, but using time distortions tends to cause alternate headlines.

MkPrd
10-26-2011, 03:45 AM
Playin' it on hard tight now, everything seems ok but i haven't unlocked "Airborne Assailer", does any one has an idea of what "air attacks" are?

BTW, the newspaper gave me no trouble, they unlocked after beating the final boss and never did anything special

Edit. Got it holding y, and LB+x in the air

TheMiz
09-06-2012, 07:29 PM
You can unlock alternate suits by completing the challenges. The center of each chapter's challenges unlocks when you get Silver or better on the surrounding ones, and so far all/most of them have awarded a Costume Unlock (you can choose which costume to unlock).

I got the freefall "Booster" achievement on the second freefall; I believe it's at/near the start of Act 2 when 2099 leaves the portal room through a hole in the center. You will freefall three times in that chapter, I believe, with an area to clear between each, but the first one was exceptionally short. I hit several obstacles, not expecting to survive, and before I knew it I'd reached the end and it popped. I assume any of the three would count as a "section".

I thought the newspapers unlocked with each chapter completed; they are on the Web of Challenges as such. EDIT: I see from the YouTube video below that there are 19 Newspapers, so that seems like one for each of the 16 chapters and for each of the 3 Acts. Doesn't really answer your question though...I thought the alternate headline unlocked with game progression. I've seen the "headline changed" pop up in the lower right, but never noticed having done anything special to get it.

The one collectible I haven't figured out is the Memos. I guess they're just lying around in the environment; I seem to have stumbled on #2, but missed the others so far. No achievement for them, so no biggie.

Spider-Man Edge of Time Xbox 360 Newspapers - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnZ96Gw9da0)

I'm missing the first half of Newspaper 17, how did you get it?

izzy meli
01-06-2013, 03:17 PM
i looked at some of these achievements and thought "nope never getting thats one" (gold medals challenges ,golden spiders) but i put alot of effort into the challenges even feeling like throwing my control at something but eventually got through the gold medals which was probably the hardest part, hard difficulty was a breeze because i was completely upgraded and i skipped through as much as i could lol. Tried to get as much done in the game each day because i rented this and even though this game was decent i recommend a rental only.

Playing alot each day i managed to get this game 1k in 3 days or so, just gotta put effort in guys. i went through on normal first and tried to read a guide but that was a pain so i just played through and picked some up as i went through naturally, then i moved onto challenges (easy diff) then sprinted through hard mode in a few hours, oh an picked up all spiders after challenges were done. may seem hard just stick to it and youll get it.

ps. this game was probs a 6 or 6.5 for difficulty because some of those challenges were a bitch!

Posted from Xbox360achievements.org App for Android

izzy meli
01-06-2013, 03:18 PM
i looked at some of these achievements and thought "nope never getting thats one" (gold medals challenges ,golden spiders) but i put alot of effort into the challenges even feeling like throwing my control at something but eventually got through the gold medals which was probably the hardest part, hard difficulty was a breeze because i was completely upgraded and i skipped through as much as i could lol. Tried to get as much done in the game each day because i rented this and even though this game was decent i recommend a rental only.

Playing alot each day i managed to get this game 1k in 3 days or so, just gotta put effort in guys. i went through on normal first and tried to read a guide but that was a pain so i just played through and picked some up as i went through naturally, then i moved onto challenges (easy diff) then sprinted through hard mode in a few hours, oh an picked up all spiders after challenges were done. may seem hard just stick to it and youll get it.

ps. this game was probs a 6 or 6.5 for difficulty because some of those challenges were a bitch!

Posted from Xbox360achievements.org App for Android