PDA

View Full Version : rail shooting, or free movement?

seahn
09-01-2011, 02:55 PM
does anyone know if this plays like a rail shooter? im interested either way, but if anyone knows for sure, i would much appreciate the info...

adambatakji
09-01-2011, 06:20 PM
Its going to be free movement as you play the game. Ive seen a lots of previews of it. Should be an awesome game. Im getting it on release day.

PANIC ATTACK 10
09-02-2011, 07:18 PM
does anyone know if this plays like a rail shooter? im interested either way, but if anyone knows for sure, i would much appreciate the info...

i have been closly watching vids by the devslopers.here's what i know 100%. you can play it on rails or off. if on you lose 2/3rds of the gameplay experience.ie charecter interactions,inviroment interactions & more! if played off rails you have full control to explore all areas in its entirly!so set it to option where you physically walk by one foot forward.open doors using the door like in real life.twisting upper body to view where you want to move to & so forth.

so both options are there.developers want you to play open world off rails.

if you play on rails you only get story mode. you miss TONS of exploration & talking to other people! i'm playing this off rails. check youtube for devs videos on it. there's a 30 & 20 min vid explaining everything including story. its like kinects version of dead island. oh extream gore/violence not for people who dont like hostel & saw movies! its like those movies on kinect! graphics look like ps2/n64/gamecube resident evil games! in otherwords awesome & no avatars! must own for kinect owners & newbies too! :)

porschephiliac
09-05-2011, 06:37 AM
cant wait!

PANIC ATTACK 10
09-05-2011, 06:57 AM
there is an icon in upper right courner that is used as the rail icon. dont put your hand on it or you'll play it on rails!

comes out tomorrow cant wait :)

MastrMeatWad
09-06-2011, 01:57 PM
http://www.gaming-age.com/review/xbox360/rise_of_nightmares

First review is up, b+, or 8.5 conversion. I will buy it.

Tromav
09-06-2011, 08:12 PM
Playing it right now, fantastic game and really atmospheric. The free movement can be annoying when attacking but otherwise it's handled really well.

adambatakji
09-07-2011, 05:40 AM
This game is really awesome. Jus finished up for the night. I reached act 3. Im finally using my kinect and having a great time!

PANIC ATTACK 10
09-07-2011, 06:06 PM
holy crap sega made this? how they go from sonic to this? i would have thought rare would put out the 1st free roam game.

this IS what all kinect owners have been waiting for! friggin awesome & gets a 10+ from me. this is why i bought kinect. thank you sega!

love free roaming & i'm 26% done. great graphics & gameplay, well worth the money!

hardcore gamers should love this. TONS of unique weapons too. LOTS of sorprises! i actually jumped 3-4 times all ready. also can use dim light which really sets the mood.

i have dead island too but found myself addicted to this game. just couldnt put it down! i hope people give this a chance.

had to adjust in game brightness & turned off subtitles. love the story as well. awesome stuff!

adambatakji
09-07-2011, 08:15 PM
glad you like it panic attack. It annoys me that a lot of people who will only buy top selling games smash on games like this. This game has a similar style to Condemned. I really want a Condemned 3 but this can fill that need for now.

PANIC ATTACK 10
09-08-2011, 12:45 AM
^ i know what you mean. its like it has to have awesome graphics to be considered a great game. seriously? i'm 44yrs so maybe my age is showing here. i love games with great gameplay! its about fun not graphics for me.

this is the 1st true no rail, free roam game to come out. people should support it. imagine the games that can be done with this control scheme.

every genre can be done. personally i love what sega did & i hope this raises the bench mark now.

funny how peter of fable said it couldnt be done. then sega sits back quitely & snickers. then bam! nightmares is realesed!

i still get shivers putting this game in. i've now installed it to my harddrive. i plan on playing this alot!

when you mentioned condemned, i was like, thats it. its like that & hostel. the whole thing is about setting the right mood. sega really nailled it. plus the controls & sliders to adjust them was a nice touch.

well back to finding out wtf that mad scientist is doing now.

just getting into chapter 4. i like to explore & take my time :). so far my favorite game right now.

Teh Paralyzer
09-08-2011, 01:02 AM
holy crap sega made this? how they go from sonic to this? i would have thought rare would put out the 1st free roam game.

this IS what all kinect owners have been waiting for! friggin awesome & gets a 10+ from me. this is why i bought kinect. thank you sega!

love free roaming & i'm 26% done. great graphics & gameplay, well worth the money!

hardcore gamers should love this. TONS of unique weapons too. LOTS of sorprises! i actually jumped 3-4 times all ready. also can use dim light which really sets the mood.

i have dead island too but found myself addicted to this game. just couldnt put it down! i hope people give this a chance.

had to adjust in game brightness & turned off subtitles. love the story as well. awesome stuff!

Take away Chromehounds and everything SEGA makes is awesome EVEN Sonic. I knew this game was going to be great from day one.

Pyrochaos
09-08-2011, 02:56 PM

I think it's actually the team at Sega that handles the House of the Dead games.

Silent Skeelz
09-08-2011, 05:07 PM
I think it's actually the team at Sega that handles the House of the Dead games. Yeah. And at least the first two games are unforgettable.

PANIC ATTACK 10
09-08-2011, 06:32 PM
Take away Chromehounds and everything SEGA makes is awesome EVEN Sonic. I knew this game was going to be great from day one.

i hope when they remake chromehounds for kinect, they use this team.:)

PANIC ATTACK 10
09-08-2011, 06:41 PM
Yeah. And at least the first two games are unforgettable.

well i hope this team does all the games for kinect. using this controller scheme you could do hockey,rpgs,extra. this game just blew the doors wide open!

love the fact it uses real life physics too. ie open doors like you do in real life.also kick,punch with either leg/arm uses that side.opening doors with two hands or one.turning wheels in right direction to open doors/turn off alarms & such.

personally,if i were sega, i'd be using this games components for all future kinect games. ie chromehounds,hockey & such.

this is how you do a kinect game right.

MastrMeatWad
09-08-2011, 07:56 PM
played it at my nephews. Very fun! my copy from amazon has not arrived yet so I only have a few hours of playtime. FUN so far. I was skeptical the no rails was possible. Awesome. It is too bad, like Panic said, many people won't give this game a chance because it is a kinect title. Their loss! Only bummer part is I will have to play this when my kids aren't around.

Rocket Pigeon
09-08-2011, 10:21 PM
Been looking at this one, will try and give it a go tomorrow. It looks good, will dust of my kinect I think, it dosent get much use to be honest, this and gunstringer looking pretty handy

CACTUS
09-10-2011, 01:36 PM
renting it tonight
looking forward:drunk

SuperSouter
09-10-2011, 01:42 PM
It's free movement with rail integration.

You can do all the walking yourself and explore or if you are lazy if you hold your right arm up in the air then it auto walks you to your destination.

Baihu1983
09-12-2011, 09:52 AM
Now and then you have to do the movement yourself like when avoiding traps which is fair enough. Movement works well in this.