PDA

View Full Version : Achievement ideas

tigerlee92
09-01-2011, 04:37 PM
what achievements would you like to see...

get to the highest rank in the game 50G
get X amount of kills with each gun 35G
don't die in a match but finish top of the leader-bored 75G

InsaneKane87
09-01-2011, 05:02 PM
what achievements would you like to see...

get to the highest rank in the game 50G
get X amount of kills with each gun 35G
don't die in a match but finish top of the leader-bored 75G

No at your 3rd one, i cant stand ones like that.

I like the one for reaching highest rank feels better then getting it during rank 25.. and I think getting so many kills with all guns from each class is better then so many kills with all guns. An achievement for each class sounds good, maybe 100 kills with each gun.

I would love an achievement for debri kills. Get x amount of kills from fallen debri.

Barad
09-01-2011, 10:18 PM
Definitely a no to top rank achievement as it could take forever like BC2, no demo kills either. I like ones like get x amount of kills with a class or kill 3 people with a fighter jet in mp or something.

Mother Beef
09-01-2011, 10:39 PM
Get all Bronze medals
Get all Silver medals
Get all gold medals
Get a platinum medal
(or whatever the equivalent is in BF3)

Other than that, i want as little multiplayer achievements as possible, distracts me from the fun of the game.

McGoogles
09-01-2011, 10:48 PM
Other than that, i want as little multiplayer achievements as possible, distracts me from the fun of the game.

Why is that? I would've loved an achievement for reaching rank 50 in Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

Parachute Panzy - Enable your parachute 500 times
Building Bulldozer - Destroy 1500 buildings
MVP - Get the Ace pin on every map
Master of Firearms - Get a platinum medal on all weapons (excluding vehicles)
Getting Viral - Knife someone who has this achievement

Mother Beef
09-01-2011, 10:54 PM
Why is that? I would've loved an achievement for reaching rank 50 in Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

Parachute Panzy - Enable your parachute 500 times
Building Bulldozer - Destroy 1500 buildings
MVP - Get the Ace pin on every map
Master of Firearms - Get a platinum medal on all weapons (excluding vehicles)
Getting Viral - Knife someone who has this achievement

Ok rank ones seem to always exist when i honestly dont mind, but regardless i would try to be hitting max rank regardless.

I despise 'Viral' achievements, i find them pointless. 90% of the time you get it by accident, i dont mind achievements that you have to work for over time like getting medals but i dont like "luck" achievements which usually feature in multiplayer achievements. Like destruction kills, you have to be pretty horrible to not jump out of the building.

McGoogles
09-01-2011, 11:07 PM
Ok rank ones seem to always exist when i honestly dont mind, but regardless i would try to be hitting max rank regardless.

I despise 'Viral' achievements, i find them pointless. 90% of the time you get it by accident, i dont mind achievements that you have to work for over time like getting medals but i dont like "luck" achievements which usually feature in multiplayer achievements. Like destruction kills, you have to be pretty horrible to not jump out of the building.

Getting to level 50 would be one you'd have to work for over time.

And my list were just some ideas, they more than likely won't be implemented into the game (unless the people from the achievement department of DICE are running low on ideas and are searching through random forums so they don't get fired).

CIF
09-02-2011, 05:11 AM
Ugh, lots of ideas I despise here. DICE have said reaching top rank will take LONGER than BC2, and though I will love this game that sounds aggravating.
Same with more than one platinum medal. Holy shit. Especially sniping.
I'd like the MP achievements to be similar to be BC2. Balance the rest between co-op and campaign, and I'm happy.

MilkySheep
09-02-2011, 07:21 AM
Should only have multiplayer achievements for leveling up, getting stars or playing maps. Anything like "get a kill with the repair tool" or "get 20 demo 2.0 kills" distract from the experience of multiplayer. Achievements for multiplayer should be achieved just for playing it, not for having to go out of your way to do special things or things you wouldn't normally do.

Grey Delta
09-02-2011, 10:50 AM
Achievements for multiplayer should be achieved just for playing it, not for having to go out of your way to do special things or things you wouldn't normally do.

That's what I like about them to be honest, making you experience the game in ways you might not usually experience it.

Tatanko
09-02-2011, 11:58 AM
Achievements for multiplayer should be achieved just for playing it, not for having to go out of your way to do special things or things you wouldn't normally do.
That's more or less the entire point of an achievement, besides being a random number very few people in this world give two shits about.

MediumMelanin
09-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Obtain 20 unique dog tags (like the actual image on the dog tag, not gamertags)
Travel for a total of 100,000 miles (yeah, I know =], it shouldn't be too hard though)
Play and win in every single map, on every single mode

That's all what I can think of now, I don't want to list the typical achievements that there's gonna be in the game, like "complete the campaign on hard", etc.

Grey Delta
09-03-2011, 08:17 PM
Play and win in every single map, on every single mode

This would be good if there was a way to track what maps/gamemodes you've already won on. I hate it when games don't track progress towards achievements.

JamKaBlam
09-04-2011, 09:12 PM
There is bound to be an achievement for unlocking everything for one kit. It's been said that it'll take up to 100 hours to max just one kit and that seems like achievement territory to me.

TAI JASON
09-05-2011, 10:09 AM
Got some idears :):

"Sting of the bee" - Kill a jet with a helicopter 20 G

"Waste of money" - Kill a soldier with an anti Air-Missile 10 G

"Thundercat" - Get a groundkill with a jet on highspeed 20 G

"Bizzaro World" - Destroy a tank with an AA tank 20 G

"Knife oīrama" - 3 knife kills in a row 10 G

"Movie shot" - Kill a helicopter pilot with a sniper rifle 20 G

"David kills Goliath" - Kill any aircraft with a drone 20 G

Tatanko
09-05-2011, 12:06 PM
^ Those are actually half-decent. They remind me of some of the more interesting ones from BC2 that people like to complain about because they're too "hard".

TAI JASON
09-05-2011, 12:21 PM
^ Those are actually half-decent. They remind me of some of the more interesting ones from BC2 that people like to complain about because they're too "hard".

:) yourīe right.

The helicopter sniper shot is just a classic award. I get 3 of these kills in my entire MP gaming, but itīs possible. It realy works.

If i realy play a lot of MP, you can get every achivement in BFBC2 if you just play the game and try to reacht the level achivement. The only one which was lame, was the destruction 2.0 achivement. I realy hope they got some nice achivements in BF3.

Tatanko
09-05-2011, 12:25 PM
The only one which was lame, was the destruction 2.0 achivement.
It was a good achievement idea in theory, but for most people it was simply too time consuming or difficult. I applaud them for trying, because it was a good way of highlighting the destructible capabilities of their game engine.

TAI JASON
09-05-2011, 12:35 PM
It was a good achievement idea in theory, but for most people it was simply too time consuming or difficult. I applaud them for trying, because it was a good way of highlighting the destructible capabilities of their game engine.

Yeah thats the fact, i mean if you not realy stupid, you not run into a grid of a building, besides that the buildung make this crashing sound before it collapse. Itīs the only achivement i boost with friends (besides the "Et tu brute" achivement), i got 5 destruction kills during "normal" play. I think the achivement kill count is too high, 10 kills would be enough, but well.

I think this time the engine is better for such a achivement. The new Frostbite looks awesome in some gameplay videos.

After all the achivements are not hard in BFBC 2.

Mother Beef
09-05-2011, 01:56 PM

I thought it was a neat idea. I did eventually after 75hrs online get all 20 kills legit (oddly 7 of them in the space of the final 2 hrs) but the fact that not only does it make the sound of the metal collapsing, you're character essentially tells you to get the fuck out of the building. I found the best way to do it was to collapse a building that had people ontop of it, as generally they believed they would survive when they in fact die despite not being in the building.

Nevertheless the achievements will be decent, i hope they do another competition, but instead of for 1 make it like 5.

IPrivate Pie
09-08-2011, 11:24 PM
fun ones like the repair tool headshot one in bfbc2

NO COLLECTABLES

guillermo316
09-08-2011, 11:34 PM
Pwn the COD (0G) Get a 360 no scope off the wall mid air rapid fire quad kill plus nuke.

DEG23
09-09-2011, 01:32 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing some more fun/odd based achievements like the dentist from BC2.

Must have really hated that guy: Kill an enemy by crashing a jet into them.

Hell of a ricochet: Earn a kill by shooting a wall and bringing it down on an enemy player.

CODE BLUE!: Kill an enemy player with the Defibrillator

Tatanko
09-09-2011, 02:13 AM
Must have really hated that guy: Kill an enemy by crashing a jet into them.
LOVE IT! Keep up the good work sir!

MediumMelanin
09-09-2011, 12:41 PM
This would be good if there was a way to track what maps/gamemodes you've already won on. I hate it when games don't track progress towards achievements.

Well, I guess you would have to memorize what maps you've played and won in for every mode. lol Yeah, a tracker sounds nice. I've liked trackers since I first saw them in Left 4 Dead.

totoyeahwhat123
09-09-2011, 01:01 PM
Just a big variety from here. A nice looking Platinum :D (PS3 owner, not xbox ;))