PDA

View Full Version : Easy 'Steam Punk', 'Can't Touch This' and 'One Is All I Need' Methods

Bringin SXC bak
09-02-2011, 01:50 PM
For the 'Steam Punk' achievement... Once you get the "torch mod", (unlocked through one of the missions performed through general play as you're around level 10), apply this mod to one of your decent weapons at one of the work benches. (I chose my "dependable baseball bat") and it will modify your weapon into a scorched weapon good enough to rival the god of fire!!

As for the "Can't Touch This" achievement. This one is a little tricky. Now if you keep running into any sprinting zombies, you may have a bit of a hard time because unless you time your swing correctly, they will no doubt get a few little cheap shots in... Anyway, after a short while, you will be very use to your movements and your reach whilst performing melee attacks. Find yourself a nice strong hammer (you will come across heaps of them). Now as for the method to unlocking this, try and approach zombies that are crouched down having a feed on a corpse because you will have plenty of time to sprint over to them and start swinging. Just keep them down and they will be nailed to the pavement in no time. Try your best to avoid a path where you can see zombies roaming around because they will be more likely to run at you and get a successful love tap in and you'll have to start all over again :S

The 'One is all I need' achievement isn't necessarily hard in any way. It was actually my first achievement. But a nice method for this is once you get to the first gas station located maybe a kilometer away from your starting position in the story, there will be a tunnel road entrance in the far back corner and there will be an obstruction of burning cars preventing you from entering too far (At this point in time). Stand near the entrance and zombies will start running towards you one at a time and because the wreckages are alight, the zombies will catch on fire themselves, slowly draining there health (you will notice the number of HP they lose as it floats through the air). Anyway, this gives the ideal situation to take them out in one hit :) good luck with these.

Please don't flame me for writing about the achievements before the games release. I am a games journalist and it's just a promo copy keeping my console warm at the moment. I'm just writing these to help my fellow achievement entrepreneurs :)

If I unlock any other tricky ones, I'll give some more details. But everything else I've unlocked has been pretty standard.

Bringin SXC bak
09-02-2011, 02:17 PM
'Swing Them Sticks' isn't exactly a tricky one but if you're having a hard time working out how to do it. Simply press start, go down to options. Then change your 'Fight Type' from Digital to Analog. To perform a melee attack, you must now hold down the Left Trigger and swing with your Right Stick. This does restrict your movement while attacking, slightly more than what it does when switched to Digital but it shouldn't be too hard to rack up the kills before you can go back to what you're use to :)

FPS GLIMMER
09-07-2011, 02:30 AM
Hammer one is easy if your around level 10 and join a game where someone is level 2. Bring 3 higher level hammers with you and just throw them at zombies. Should kill them with one or two hits. Pick up hammers and repeat.

Same goes for the 5 kills one, just get a good weapon, join a lower game then throw it at zombies. Usually a one hit kill.

Necrophage33
09-07-2011, 02:33 AM
For the Can't Touch This, if you're playing co-op, can you let your friends do all the work then just move in for the killing blow on 15 people?

Bringin SXC bak
09-07-2011, 02:39 AM
Yeah co-op with lower levelled mates always helps. And my buddies confirmed that you can indeed use that method for 'can't touch this'

Brutalize
09-07-2011, 02:59 AM
The 'One is all I need' achievement isn't necessarily hard in any way. It was actually my first achievement. But a nice method for this is once you get to the first gas station located maybe a kilometer away from your starting position in the story, there will be a tunnel road entrance in the far back corner and there will be an obstruction of burning cars preventing you from entering too far (At this point in time). Stand near the entrance and zombies will start running towards you one at a time and because the wreckages are alight, the zombies will catch on fire themselves, slowly draining there health (you will notice the number of HP they lose as it floats through the air). Anyway, this gives the ideal situation to take them out in one hit :) good luck with these.
This helped me get this achievement, thanks :)

Bringin SXC bak
09-07-2011, 03:10 AM
This helped me get this achievement, thanks :)

Glad I could help my brother ;)

DLlane1488
09-07-2011, 03:17 AM
were do you get the items for the flame mod

Bringin SXC bak
09-07-2011, 03:21 AM
I believe you get that one for doing a mission for Sinamoi or one of his crew. Could be one from the lighthouse. Either way, it's just in the 1st act. You will find others before too long anyway. There's a few that you can't miss

Brutalize
09-07-2011, 03:21 AM
were do you get the items for the flame mod
Anywhere, you just need a base item which would be a bat or stick of some type then I think you need a rag, lighter fluid and wire and you can create it at a work bench. Might have the combination wrong though.

Its not really a mod, its a created weapon and that is how I got both of mine.

Qu1etMan
09-07-2011, 05:15 AM

Thank you so much for this tip, I wasn't sure how the hell I was going to get that achievement! :woop:

italianstallion
09-07-2011, 05:52 AM
A good place for Can't Touch This and the zombies should be in the exact places.

Dead Island - Can't Touch This Achievement Guide - YouTube

DLlane1488
09-07-2011, 05:53 AM
the rags are what I'm looking for I'm on ch 4 n i found one but I'm sure i find it sooner or later

Bofur
09-08-2011, 03:05 AM
I've now killed three zombies in one hit using this method and it's not gaining any progress. Tips?

Qu1etMan
09-08-2011, 03:12 AM
The little achievement counter thing only shows up for the first and last kill, had the same worry when I was doing this.

Bringin SXC bak
09-08-2011, 03:54 AM
I've now killed three zombies in one hit using this method and it's not gaining any progress. Tips?

I would suggest waiting a little further back and let them lose a little more health from the fire. If it helps, aim your weapon at them with LT and throw it with RT. This way you will be able to see how much health they have left from a distance and they won't get close enough to interrupt your attack. It's not too difficult either way

Bofur
09-08-2011, 05:28 AM
I don't have a problem killing the zombies in one hit. It's just not working... I kill them while their health is low with one strike, but the achievement isn't popping, nor is it being tracked. Still says 0/5 regardless.

Qu1etMan
09-08-2011, 05:54 AM
Are you kicking them to keep them back until their health gets low? That's the only thing I can think of that might cause them not to count towards the achievement.

Bofur
09-08-2011, 06:10 AM
Not sure what it was but I got it... Strange.

Bringin SXC bak
09-08-2011, 01:29 PM
At least it worked out in the end :)

CrossboneX
09-08-2011, 02:02 PM
It didn't work for me, I let them catch on fire and killed 7 in a row with one hit, do you think I have to let the fire go out first?

Bringin SXC bak
09-08-2011, 02:10 PM
No, they can remain on fire. Don't worry too much if you're not getting it. Is it tracking as you getting at least one? It should do. Otherwise, I'd probably go do a mission or two and try again. You'll probably get this through the course of the game or if you join a friends new game. But this method should work for everyone

Tapion
09-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Yeah this was how I got "One is All I need" The ones from the fire are easy, and oddly regular ones coming at me, I was able to get in one hit. Don't know if they were in the fire or what somehow.

Have to try out for "Can't Touch This" next.