PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts After CoD: XP Day One?

iLLMATICxKiNG
09-03-2011, 03:00 AM
Overall I am pleased. Retrieval gameplay looks interested.
And they are changing up the perks and killstreaks and how they work.
Sure, I can agree that it is Modern Warfare 2.5, but Modern Warfare 2 was awesome. This one will be to.

...and who's gonna get the hardened edition? I thought about it till they said it would be $100, then I said hell no.

SoBeRxFTW
09-03-2011, 03:07 AM
I truly agree with you. Modern Warfare 2.5 is the perfect name for it. :p
once you think about it, the Hardened edition is worth it because you get all the DLC's that will ever come out for that game. As well as all the Call of Duty Elite features.

iLLMATICxKiNG
09-03-2011, 03:15 AM
Speaking of Call of Duty Elite features, I want a bigger version of this picture.
http://gamingeverything.com/?p=8460&pid=4764

Outline
09-03-2011, 07:13 AM
I truly agree with you. Modern Warfare 2.5 is the perfect name for it. :p
once you think about it, the Hardened edition is worth it because you get all the DLC's that will ever come out for that game. As well as all the Call of Duty Elite features.

I tweeted yesterday about how expensive these map packs are getting!

To be fair, a lot of the time fans want 'More of the same'.
But yes, we do want some innovation!

Burnout x360a
09-03-2011, 08:52 AM
Standard edition for me, I want to buy more games so i'll stick with the lower prices.

One thing that I feel is the perks in each tier have great competition. Otherwise, Assassin, Blind Eye, Dead Silence would be hmm :p

Genesis x360a
09-03-2011, 09:06 AM
Im pleased so far, looks good and loving all the new features. Probally will be getting the Hardened aslong as it isnt over 70 (No UK price confirmed yet) as the DLC alone will cost you $60 & A year of Elite is $50 so it definitly pays for itself if your planning on playing this game untill the next COD (Like myself) The only thing im skeptical about is weather or not you will have to renew your Elite to play the DLC after its run out and what the DLC will be because surely they cant release 3-4 maps every month...

Burnout x360a
09-03-2011, 09:08 AM
Im pleased so far, looks good and loving all the new features. Probally will be getting the Hardened aslong as it isnt over 70 (No UK price confirmed yet) as the DLC alone will cost you $60 & A year of Elite is $50 so it definitly pays for itself if your planning on playing this game untill the next COD (Like myself) The only thing im skeptical about is weather or not you will have to renew your Elite to play the DLC after its run out and what the DLC will be because surely they cant release 3-4 maps every month...

Hardened is 89.99 at GAME. Cheaper at 79.99 on hmv.

Outline
09-03-2011, 09:15 AM
A map a month from Jan-Sep, at $3 a map (based on previous prices) works out at $27 (note that it's $49.99 for Elite). Because of the timed releases, unless they bundle some together, I think that's just clever marketing.

And there's nothing to say the DLC won't work out at more like $5 each this time around though.

Completely agree with you, just trying to dive into some numbers beyond the marketing.