PDA

View Full Version : Hardened Question! Do you keep DLC??

ChuckPalahniuk
09-03-2011, 06:09 PM
So after hearing about the price, $100, I was wondering..after the Elite subscription is over do you keep the DLC or have to buy it again?

any info is much appreciated

Schism
09-03-2011, 06:19 PM
I was thinking this as well. What if we buy the Elite, but the map packs dont come out THIS year but the following year. Does that mean we have to buy elite AGAIN just to get the map packs? They promised you get the maps with elite but what im trying to say is what if your subscription runs out before certain maps are released.

Grey Delta
09-03-2011, 06:24 PM
My first thought when I seen they included a years sub with the Hardened edition was that they'd release the first map pack a year and one day after the game ships. :/ But yeah, I would assume if you get a map pack for free while subscribed to elite, you would keep that map pack if your sub runs out.

It's Activision though so who knows.

MxPx
09-03-2011, 06:28 PM
I was thinking this as well. What if we buy the Elite, but the map packs dont come out THIS year but the following year. Does that mean we have to buy elite AGAIN just to get the map packs? They promised you get the maps with elite but what im trying to say is what if your subscription runs out before certain maps are released.

A new Cod will be out by next year. Most of the DLC will be released this year.

ChuckPalahniuk
09-03-2011, 06:31 PM
yea, i just dont want to spend another 40 bucks and get maps i cant keep.i still go back and play old COD games and it will suck if i have to re-buy things

MxPx
09-03-2011, 06:37 PM
I imagine you can keep them...you just lose access to Elite stats and receiving future DLC for free.

Lone Soldier x7
09-03-2011, 06:37 PM
Its been confirmed that they aren't pulling a Playstation+ on us so yeah, you'll get to keep the DLC after your subscription runs out.

CMCX360
09-04-2011, 03:05 AM
Its been confirmed that they aren't pulling a Playstation+ on us so yeah, you'll get to keep the DLC after your subscription runs out.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is what makes the Hardened Edition worth it. Save up kids, it's going to be a wild ride.

StillTIPPIN187
09-04-2011, 02:49 PM
Yes you will be able to keep them.. Like the guy above said.. they areN'T reading from the book of PS+

ChuckPalahniuk
09-05-2011, 12:30 AM
sweet! thanks guys

the elite merc
09-06-2011, 09:11 PM
also, when you download a certain DLC it will be in your download history,
which makes it impossible to buy a second time on your account?
and you'll be able to download it when you're on a different Xbox

CHiPMuNK v
09-08-2011, 10:30 AM
They have already announced that they will b doing monthly DLC. Whether that is true or not remains to be seen but they are planning on it.Whether it's map packs or spec ops mission or whatever. Elite will pay for itself very quickly. Any dlc u download will b yours. Just because ur elite subscription runs doesnt mean u cant play it anymore.

Your downloading from MS, it would b absurd to think otherwise. They would have to upload 2 different versions of the Download 1. For elite users so that it expired w ur membership and 1. For not elite users.

turf90
09-08-2011, 04:11 PM
I'm gonna get the hardened edition it's my first 1 i've ever got of a game and i really think getting the hardened edition saves you in the long run as you have to go out and keep getting microsoft points for the game and get elite. Which will probably cost about 20, 30 quid for the map packs but call of duty elite will cost round about 20quid but you will get the map packs with the premium verson of elite anyway i'm getting mine from gamestation as they have an offer of 80 but you get an exclusive off at game and gamestation so thats why i'm getting it there sorry for blabbering on. :)

ZacAttack159357
09-09-2011, 03:04 PM
What's the PS+ thing about?

ETH4N RECKS
09-09-2011, 06:37 PM
I already paid for a 60$ year subscription for elite so i better get to keep it

P.S if you pre order a subscription, on your gamertag will say something like "Elite founder" just like the way people have "Kinect luanch team" you know

Rickmassacre
09-09-2011, 09:17 PM
dlc releasing next year obvs means before the next COD im thinking i might go for the hardened edition just for the free map packs

wont use elite, but its like your paying for the map packs before they come out
suppose it saves time really.