PDA

View Full Version : Jets

Warfighter1000
09-04-2011, 04:52 PM
I was wondering do jest just shoot their miniguns, or can they actually drop bombs and perform air strikes?

koopakiller64
09-04-2011, 04:54 PM
"How you tool up you vehicle will affect your abilities in a multiplayer match, so will your fighter jet carry laser-guided air-to-ground missiles to dispatch tanks from above, or will you opt for the dogfighting option and pack anti-air missiles? You could also carry IR flares to deter missile locks or keep a fire extinguisher in the cockpit to put out fires when you get hit. The choice is yours."

Full Article:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-9454-Battlefield-3-s-Vehicular-Customisation-to-go-Deeper.html

Warfighter1000
09-04-2011, 05:33 PM
"How you tool up you vehicle will affect your abilities in a multiplayer match, so will your fighter jet carry laser-guided air-to-ground missiles to dispatch tanks from above, or will you opt for the dogfighting option and pack anti-air missiles? You could also carry IR flares to deter missile locks or keep a fire extinguisher in the cockpit to put out fires when you get hit. The choice is yours."

Full Article:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-9454-Battlefield-3-s-Vehicular-Customisation-to-go-Deeper.html

Sounds awesome.

Grey Delta
09-04-2011, 06:09 PM
It's gonna suck when chillin', flying around, casually dropping bombs on unsuspecting ground troops if you see another jet and the best you can do is fly above it & drop a bomb on it.

I'd love to see that haha

on a slightly related note, I worry the perks are going to play too big a role in this and decide a lot of encounters instead of skill.

Warfighter1000
09-04-2011, 06:52 PM
It's going to be cool when the enemy is camping the building with the M-COM station and you just fly over with your jet. And before they can even hear it the jet, the building is leveled from a 500lb. bomb. :)

CIF
09-04-2011, 08:54 PM
I just worry about the countermeasures being WAY too overpowered like Black Hawks (maybe Apaches idk) in BC2.

Vegaskingz
09-04-2011, 10:44 PM
It's going to be cool when the enemy is camping the building with the M-COM station and you just fly over with your jet. And before they can even hear it the jet, the building is leveled from a 500lb. bomb. :)

I like this, except DICE has confirmed that there are no MCOMS within destructible buildings :( which is bad and good i guess.

ONI recon 111
09-04-2011, 10:52 PM
I like this, except DICE has confirmed that there are no MCOMS within destructible buildings :( which is bad and good i guess.

I think it's a pretty good move on their part. A lot of the original release maps for Bad Company 2 had stages where both MCOM's would be in buildings, meaning enemies only had to sit back and mortar them until it collapsed. Made defending a tad more difficult, if you didn't keep on top of the camping enemies.

DEG23
09-05-2011, 12:16 AM

That's one of the main reasons i would choose recon class, haha. But have to admit it's a cheap way of taking the objective.

I wonder if you can exit the jet when you get bored, nothing sweeter than dropping a JDAM then ejecting to continue the fight on foot.

Does anyone know with all this new air support will there be AA measures available to ground troops. At least tanks and APC's could be countered by the engineer.

MediumMelanin
09-05-2011, 12:45 AM
I want to drop bombs, shoot missiles and shoot my turrets. :) So, yeah, you can do all of this, and more.

Mother Beef
09-05-2011, 03:34 AM

Aww i liked that sometimes the easier MCOM station was inside a building that could be leveled. It would make the defence of it even more difficult and enjoyable in my opinion. Plus in the even your team was getting owned you could blow it up from a far if that was the last station you got to move to the next round. I liked it but i can understand with the jets why they would take it out.

REDEMPTIONDENIED
09-05-2011, 07:18 AM
It's gonna suck when chillin', flying around, casually dropping bombs on unsuspecting ground troops if you see another jet and the best you can do is fly above it & drop a bomb on it.

I'd love to see that haha

That would make an awesome achievement. Hell, I'd do it just for laughs!

Grey Delta
09-05-2011, 09:38 AM
I want to drop bombs, shoot missiles and shoot my turrets. :) So, yeah, you can do all of this, and more.

But not all at the same time.

Does anyone know with all this new air support will there be AA measures available to ground troops. At least tanks and APC's could be countered by the engineer.

Engineers can equip surface-to-air launchers to combat air vehicles as well as the usual rocket launchers etc, and there will be anti-air vehicles & stationary turrets.

TAI JASON
09-05-2011, 09:54 AM
You got planes for air to ground and jets for air to air combat.

A-10 ground and F 18 for air US side for example ;)

I realy exited how it works with the AA tank, i mean jets are fast, in the trailer you can see how a AA gun shot at one plane...i hope this is balanced between combat and speed. Maybe thereīs a "jet mode" where you can fly realy fast, but you canīt shoot?!?

Tatanko
09-05-2011, 12:29 PM
Does anyone know with all this new air support will there be AA measures available to ground troops.
Certainly, and you don't even need to look at the Fact Sheets (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324607) to know. DICE is all about balance (for the most part, they try at least), so they would never implement something as game-changing as jets and not offer a way to fight back fairly.

Just looking at the fact sheets, it looks like ground troops will have the Javelin, Stinger, and IGLA to work with specifically for surface-to-air. I'm sure the SMAW, RPG-7, and AT4 could all be used to take out an air vehicle in a pinch too, because that's all we had to use against helicopters in BC2 and they worked just fine. I'm also positive that they will implement additional fixed anti-air launchers to compliment the two anti-air tanks.

Hot Juicy Pie
09-05-2011, 01:08 PM
Have Jets been confirmed for 360? They've been in previous Battlefield games, but on pc only

majesticemu92
09-05-2011, 01:34 PM
Will you be able to eject out of the jets?

Tatanko
09-05-2011, 01:48 PM
Have Jets been confirmed for 360? They've been in previous Battlefield games, but on pc only
Not only would they be stupid not to include them after hyping them up, but I feel like at this point they would have specifically told us if they weren't going to include them in console versions.

Mother Beef
09-05-2011, 02:06 PM

http://twitter.com/#!/battlefield

Scroll down the twitter a little bit and they answer a question stating "All consoles will have jets".

exo-apollo
09-05-2011, 02:36 PM
Boy I hope you can lie on the wings of a jet as it takes off. See how far you can get.

Tatanko
09-05-2011, 02:38 PM
Boy I hope you can lie on the wings of a jet as it takes off. See how far you can get.
Like the UAV on BC2? So many good times :p

DEG23
09-08-2011, 12:11 AM
Certainly, and you don't even need to look at the Fact Sheets (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324607) to know. DICE is all about balance (for the most part, they try at least), so they would never implement something as game-changing as jets and not offer a way to fight back fairly.

Just looking at the fact sheets, it looks like ground troops will have the Javelin, Stinger, and IGLA to work with specifically for surface-to-air. I'm sure the SMAW, RPG-7, and AT4 could all be used to take out an air vehicle in a pinch too, because that's all we had to use against helicopters in BC2 and they worked just fine. I'm also positive that they will implement additional fixed anti-air launchers to compliment the two anti-air tanks.

Yeah i figured DICE wouldn't include something as game changing as jets without a way to counter it, i was just worried they would simply stick an AA turret on a hill somewhere, which works well for slow moving targets like helo's but it's nice to know that there will be SAM weapons available to counter the fast movers. This is looking to be a solid experience.

Grey Delta
09-08-2011, 10:12 AM
I just hope we can do stupid stuff like this!

Battlefield 1942 Bomber Bridge Jump Loop - YouTube

Battlefield 1942 LoopZook - YouTube

Battlefield 2 Aircraft Stunts - YouTube

exo-apollo
09-08-2011, 02:39 PM
Like the UAV on BC2? So many good times :p

haha yes. And I hope that you can still fill a jeep with c4 and drive it into enemy tanks. A true BF staple since BF2.

MediumMelanin
09-09-2011, 12:38 PM
But not all at the same time.

Engineers can equip surface-to-air launchers to combat air vehicles as well as the usual rocket launchers etc, and there will be anti-air vehicles & stationary turrets.

Why not? Would it not be possible or too many specs at once? I think it would be possible. Unless it's something like in BFBC2, replacing Body Armour for Magnum Ammo, wouldn't it be cool to have both on?

Grey Delta
09-09-2011, 12:56 PM
Why not? Would it not be possible or too many specs at once? I think it would be possible. Unless it's something like in BFBC2, replacing Body Armour for Magnum Ammo, wouldn't it be cool to have both on?

I agree that it would be cool to do it all at once but from a balance standpoint, it wouldn't work. They seem to be going for a system that has a lot of perks, each having their strengths & weaknesses, and all having a very specific counter.

1 perk per vehicle type.

Tatanko
09-09-2011, 01:06 PM
1 perk per vehicle type.
I just think it's great that they're splitting it up between vehicle types, that way I don't have to worry about what's going to happen when, say, my heli gets shot down and I have to switch to an empty tank on the ground. It will be nice to have two different perks set up, because they are used totally differently.