PDA

View Full Version : Is coop glitched for lower chapters

sean_2k5
09-04-2011, 11:00 PM
i have 4 xbox's with this game and i have 2 of them on chapter 4 they can see each other but the other 2 are chapter 2 and 3 no one can join them also the chapter 4 people at the bottom it says found 4 players the chapter 3 person says found 1 person and chapter 2 person says no players found .... in short how do u join lower chapter people when the game says it found them but the don't show up to join

McDurbin
09-05-2011, 12:22 AM
Maybe its just a glitch with the illegal copies you have. Wait till the game comes out and buy it. Plus, why do you have 4 xbox's and 4 downloaded copies?

sean_2k5
09-05-2011, 12:28 AM
well i have 8 jtags and 6 normal all banned from live but out of the 6 normal 3 of them can be glitched soo yea .... i have them all cuz i can fix 3rl and i am a trash man people throw away xbox 360's all the time i get one a week at least

Tai_MT
09-05-2011, 05:02 AM
Lower level players can't join higher level players. Higher level players can join lower level players however.

This is LIKELY what your issue is. Illegal copies or no.

sean_2k5
09-05-2011, 08:57 AM
well i did pre order the game from gamestop so i will see if it works when i get the game

T9X69
09-05-2011, 10:20 AM
Lower level players can't join higher level players. Higher level players can join lower level players however.

This is LIKELY what your issue is. Illegal copies or no.

That's not true. When I first started playing I joined a friends game and he was level 15 and I was level 3. I read during the loading screens something about chapters (Sorry, forget exactly what it said). I think if you want to join someone's game, they need to be on the same chapter as you.

sean_2k5
09-05-2011, 01:49 PM
well i learned this .... the only games i can join is the ones that are one story misssion behind me or the same .... even different chapters as long as it is different by one story mission .... here is a example i cant join same chapter we will say 4 one person just started 4 he can see me on the game lobby at the bottom nothing more but cant join .... im chapter 4 to i cant see him cuz im on the last story mission of chapter 4 but i decide to let him get to one mission behind me and bam i see him but he cant see me still so i join him and i am happy ..... also it dont matter any thing about side quest just story missions for system link to work

ofay
09-05-2011, 02:23 PM
I'm going to be really pissed if I can't play with my friends because they are ahead of me. If they want to play down that should be their choice. This game is focused on co op and if I can't play with my friends all the time they are playing it's going to cause a difference in story progression

sean_2k5
09-05-2011, 02:43 PM
maybe they will put out a update on the same day to fix the problem like they did for red dead redemption

Tai_MT
09-05-2011, 03:05 PM
I don't mind them doing it the way it's been done. There is nothing stopping people from having multiple characters to play with friends who could be at different points in the story. From what I"ve heard, there are plenty of character slots to be had.

I think the main reason they've done it the way it is now is this: They want to curb level boosting, and they want to curb story spoiling.

Dragging a low level char into the very end of the game and killing a high level mob to snag them xp does kind of defeat the point of playing the game as it is. The low level player barely has to do anything.

Maybe what they SHOULD do, is this: Once both players have beaten the game, it shouldn't matter what levels they are or where they are in the story on any other character. They should be able to play together.

sean_2k5
09-05-2011, 03:30 PM
well i can understand that the game will not let a low level player join a high levels players world but it just makes me mad that the game will say every loading screen join your friends in lower chapters yet the game will not let you hell it even makes me mad the the game will find the lower level people just no way to select there game

koga88
09-05-2011, 05:12 PM
You can join your friends games if they are lower leveled than you still, I am sure you can also join your friends if they are higher leveled than you. But they have to be on your friends list. The random matchmaking which pulls up joinable games only lists those who are on your same chapter. Recent players and Friends though should be joinable no matter what.

I was on Chapter 7 yesterday and joined a match where there was a level 1 in the group so this must be the case.

ofay
09-05-2011, 05:34 PM
I don't mind them doing it the way it's been done. There is nothing stopping people from having multiple characters to play with friends who could be at different points in the story. From what I"ve heard, there are plenty of character slots to be had.

I think the main reason they've done it the way it is now is this: They want to curb level boosting, and they want to curb story spoiling.

Dragging a low level char into the very end of the game and killing a high level mob to snag them xp does kind of defeat the point of playing the game as it is. The low level player barely has to do anything.

Maybe what they SHOULD do, is this: Once both players have beaten the game, it shouldn't matter what levels they are or where they are in the story on any other character. They should be able to play together.
To curb level boosting just use scale xp gaining. If you're a level 2 in a level 50's game you get less xp than being in your own game.

It would be stupid to make characters just to play with my friends and then only use them when we play together and a different character when not.

Tai_MT
09-05-2011, 05:58 PM
I'm sorry, I fail to see how that's stupid. Play with different characters. I play differently solo than I play with teammates. I prefer to tank solo plays but Buff/Heal/Assist when I play with a team. On borderlands, I have several characters. I have one for playing with other players, and a couple for playing solo. I don't pay for a game and then not have at least one of every character within it. I want the full experience.

I think it's stupid to "level boost" in any game, so players don't have to do any work for themselves. Well, at least "level boosting" without achievements involved.

"Scale level boosting" would be fine, except it would disincentivize low level characters from playing with high levels at all. Low level characters are already useless against high level Mobs.

Would YOU want a join a game where you almost no damage, die quickly, and get very LITTLE xp gains for it? How about if you pick up loot you can use yet, 'cause it's got level requirements? I wouldn't. It'd be boring.

A BETTER system would reward XP based upon effort, damage, and usefulness. If a low level character puts fifty or sixty hits into an enemy, they should get a better xp gain than if they are just along for the ride, doing nothing, and getting massive xp gains.