PDA

View Full Version : 2 Discs for 360?

anorexicwes
09-05-2011, 04:54 AM
http://www.gamersspot.com/?controller=news&op=view-news&news_id=97360

http://n4g.com/news/837522/battlefield-3-is-two-discs-on-xbox-360/com

DEG23
09-05-2011, 05:06 AM
Let's hope it's one for the campaign and one for multiplayer, otherwise it's going to be frustrating swapping all the time.

Grey Delta
09-05-2011, 09:34 AM
Maybe it's the limited edition stuff? I could believe it would need 2 discs though.

Vegaskingz
09-05-2011, 09:36 AM
Im fine with it being one for campaign/co-op and one for multiplayer. If it means we get more content, then im all for it! :)

Tatanko
09-05-2011, 10:04 AM
I find it hard to believe considering Microsoft just went through the trouble of doing all that testing/updating to make it so each disc could handle more data. As long as the discs are split up appropriately content-wise, I have no real reason to complain though. They are still DVDs after all, not Blu-Rays.

Grey Delta
09-05-2011, 10:07 AM
I can already see the outrage now!

"lets go cap b flag squadmate!"

"great idea! gimme 5 minutes to load that half of the map off the 2nd disc and we'll be ALL OVER that mother fucker!"

Tatanko
09-05-2011, 11:48 AM
"great idea! gimme 5 minutes to load that half of the map off the 2nd disc and we'll be ALL OVER that mother fucker!"
You raise a good point, actually. What if we install the game? It would be nice if they would let you do everything with one disc if you just installed everything from both.

Purge
09-05-2011, 11:51 AM
There is no way that you'd have to swap dicks during multiplayer. The outrage that'd cause..

Tatanko
09-05-2011, 11:53 AM
There is no way that you'd have to swap dicks during multiplayer.
Ummm...

I see what you did there...

TAI JASON
09-05-2011, 11:55 AM
I donīt read anything in the PC gamer section about multible discs. I think the game is on one DVD...letīs wait for the game.

SneakyofSneaks
09-05-2011, 12:10 PM
Doesn't worry me, it worked alright for LA, as long as it's 1 for MP and 1 for SP.

xDEATHDEALERSxx
09-05-2011, 12:58 PM
There is no way that you'd have to swap dicks during multiplayer. The outrage that'd cause..
I think you are in the wrong forum:eek:, nobody is talking "dick swaping" in here :eek: :)

KuShNsTieN
09-05-2011, 01:29 PM
i doubt u will have to swap discs during multiplayer.

xKRAIZEEMANx
09-05-2011, 02:59 PM
What if we install the game? It would be nice if they would let you do everything with one disc if you just installed everything from both.

This is what I have been wondering, myself. As long as it is simply set up as Disc 1: Singleplayer and Disc 2: Multiplayer, then I will not have a single problem with it.

SneakyofSneaks
09-05-2011, 03:01 PM
You still have to swap discs even if they are installed onto HDD.

Saadi110
09-05-2011, 03:08 PM
must be a BIG game .

dang racoons
09-05-2011, 04:30 PM
You raise a good point, actually. What if we install the game? It would be nice if they would let you do everything with one disc if you just installed everything from both.

Won't happen sadly you'll still have to switch disks. However this doesn't bother me to be honest as it will probably be disc 1 campaign/co-op disk 2 multiplayer so it wont be that big a pain switching. Can't say im surprised either.

Purge
09-05-2011, 05:21 PM
Ummm...

I see what you did there...

I didn't until now.. Oh God, what have I done..

KAPiNG
09-05-2011, 05:27 PM
Il just instal BOTH :) thankyou 250gb HD :D

xWOLF85x
09-06-2011, 03:04 AM
yeah im fine with 2 discs its not a problem for me as long as it looks close to if not like what the pc looks like and i think thats why they haven't shown it on the 360 or maybe they did and we could not tell :)

Cooljoe
09-06-2011, 06:38 AM
I have one question to you all. Do you think there will be two discs because it helps improve graphics/ gameplay? Or is it more of a size thing? I don't mind swapping discs like la noire, but it does seem quite unnecessary.

CIF
09-06-2011, 07:25 AM
If the normal game truly has two discs then I'd hope it's cause the engine+content are good/large enough to require two discs.

TAI JASON
09-06-2011, 07:41 AM
I have one question to you all. Do you think there will be two discs because it helps improve graphics/ gameplay? Or is it more of a size thing? I don't mind swapping discs like la noire, but it does seem quite unnecessary.

Itīs the big amount of data i think. Many high-res textures, speech and sound. This game is just bigger then BFBC 2. I think the new Frostbite engine needs more space then the old one.

Tatanko
09-06-2011, 09:56 AM
Like Jason said, it's just more data. The graphics are improved of course, but more data doesn't necessarily equal better graphics. To put it another way, they're splitting it up because they have to... not because it makes the game any better.

Barad
09-06-2011, 11:26 AM
Hopefully it will split the singleplayer and multiplayer apart.

Grey Delta
09-06-2011, 12:30 PM
Hopefully it will split the singleplayer and multiplayer apart.

Anyone under any illusions it will be anything BUT this is delusional.

Takamura Bear
09-06-2011, 05:44 PM
Now confirmed.

1st Disc - SP and MP modes.
2nd Disc - Dinosaur mode.

Nigga can dream, right? :eek:

Seriously, the number of discs is no bother to me.

InsaneKane87
09-06-2011, 07:19 PM

How is that a good point ? Everyone thinks you will have to swap during MP play. It only seems right that SP and Co-op is on one disc and Mp itself is on one disc because of the frostbite engine, jets all the unlockables etc. Its actually great if you think about it MP on one a disc by itself must be pretty good. Didn't they say the Co-op Sp missions are different from the actual missions in SP themselves ? So to divide SP and MP up is a great idea.

Tatanko
09-06-2011, 07:31 PM
How is that a good point ? Everyone thinks you will have to swap during MP play.
I wasn't implying that, my apologies. I meant that it was a good thing he brought it up because it led me to my next point.

Grey Delta
09-06-2011, 07:33 PM
How is that a good point ? Everyone thinks you will have to swap during MP play. It only seems right that SP and Co-op is on one disc and Mp itself is on one disc because of the frostbite engine, jets all the unlockables etc. Its actually great if you think about it MP on one a disc by itself must be pretty good. Didn't they say the Co-op Sp missions are different from the actual missions in SP themselves ? So to divide SP and MP up is a great idea.

I think you missed the point of his post.

MediumMelanin
09-08-2011, 03:18 AM
Well, it better come divided properly, next Xbox needs Blu-Ray.

Maiyku
09-08-2011, 04:44 AM
Two discs doesn't really bother me. I guess I played too many two disc Gamecube games xP

Tatanko
09-08-2011, 11:57 AM
Two discs doesn't really bother me. I guess I played too many two disc Gamecube games xP
PS2 had a ton of multi-disc games as well. One of my favorite games from that platform, Legend of Dragoon, was 4 discs.

judd90
09-09-2011, 07:29 AM
Let's hope it's one for the campaign and one for multiplayer, otherwise it's going to be frustrating swapping all the time.
This.

I hate 2 discs. If it is they should have it like Forza 3 were you just install disc 2 and disc 1 is the one always used.

Hamburgerous
09-09-2011, 08:00 AM
Il just instal BOTH :) thankyou 250gb HD :D

And you'll still have to swap exactly as often as everyone else.

Tatanko
09-09-2011, 12:01 PM
I hate 2 discs. If it is they should have it like Forza 3 were you just install disc 2 and disc 1 is the one always used.
I made this point earlier in the thread, and I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately it doesn't look like that's going to be the case.

Grey Delta
09-09-2011, 12:50 PM
This.

The problem with this is it excludes 4gb console owners so I cant see it happening.

Tatanko
09-09-2011, 01:04 PM
The problem with this is it excludes 4gb console owners so I cant see it happening.
You know what I have to say to that? Fuck 'em for being cheap-asses ;) They can play from the discs and spend all their time swapping.

Vegaskingz
09-13-2011, 06:51 PM
EA has confirmed two discs for the xbox 360.

“Battlefield 3 for Xbox 360 ships on two discs with endless hours of spectacular high-definition gameplay,”
“Disc one features the stunning multiplayer, co-op levels and HD installation content. Disc two features the superb single-player campaign.”

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-13-ea-explains-bf3-xbox-360-disc-split

Grey Delta
09-13-2011, 07:07 PM
Gotta love their subtle marketing, even when they're just confirming this rumour. :D

Vegaskingz
09-13-2011, 07:40 PM
Gotta love their subtle marketing, even when they're just confirming this rumour. :D

I noticed that too! 'subtle' is a bit of an understatement :P

Tatanko
09-13-2011, 08:14 PM
This:
The PS3 version of Battlefield 3 will come on one, larger capacity, Blu-ray disc.
...confirms what I said earlier in the thread:
To put it another way, they're splitting it up because they have to... not because it makes the game any better.

Also, what is "HD installation content"? If the "HD" is referring to "hard drive", does that mean it's all the content that can be installed from the discs? If so, I'm horribly confused. Why waste space cramming all of the game's installable content onto the first disc when they could have just had the single player on the same disc in the first place and made that plus the multiplayer/co-op the installable content instead of having it be separate content (like ANY other single disc game)? If the "HD" doesn't refer to hard drive, then what the hell is "HD installation content"?

The only other explanation I can think of is that installing this game to your hard drive won't work like a single disc game. In other words, are they going to choose what gets installed and what doesn't? i.e. you can install the multiplayer/co-op, but have to run the single player from the disc? I dunno.

Vegaskingz
09-14-2011, 12:27 AM
This:

...confirms what I said earlier in the thread:

Also, what is "HD installation content"? If the "HD" is referring to "hard drive", does that mean it's all the content that can be installed from the discs? If so, I'm horribly confused. Why waste space cramming all of the game's installable content onto the first disc when they could have just had the single player on the same disc in the first place and made that plus the multiplayer/co-op the installable content instead of having it be separate content (like ANY other single disc game)? If the "HD" doesn't refer to hard drive, then what the hell is "HD installation content"?

The only other explanation I can think of is that installing this game to your hard drive won't work like a single disc game. In other words, are they going to choose what gets installed and what doesn't? i.e. you can install the multiplayer/co-op, but have to run the single player from the disc? I dunno.

If they have mandatory 'installation content' then the arcade version of the xbox with a meagre 4GB of space will not be able to run the game. This leads me to think there could be another meaning for it? Ill tweet some of the DICE guys and see whether I get a response.

Tatanko
09-14-2011, 02:20 AM
Ill tweet some of the DICE guys and see whether I get a response.
Keep us posted.