PDA

View Full Version : Catch! Is Not Glitched!!! :)

Bringin SXC bak
09-06-2011, 05:51 AM
Just unlocked the 'Catch!' achievement.

It must be done with the grenade. No other type of throwable explosive (unlike the 'First!' achievement). I did it right near the end in the prison. I found a grenade while searching for my last collectable. 3 infected (the zombies that sprint) came bounding towards me. I threw a meat bait on the floor to get them to stand where I wanted them to. Then I threw my grenade about 5m away from them so that the blast would kill them. Hey presto, achievement unlocked!! :)

I took a picture on my phone but I'm not sure how to upload it on here. But if anyone wants it that bad, I can mms it to you so that you can upload it for me :P

Grimfel
09-06-2011, 06:21 AM
Made my night! Thanks mate!

Can't wait to pick this up in the AM!

M49907
09-06-2011, 06:28 AM
Did you have to update?

Bringin SXC bak
09-06-2011, 06:32 AM
No update. Haven't played online in a few weeks

Grimfel
09-06-2011, 06:33 AM
Did you have to update?

I'm guessing he didn't, since he said in another one of his posts on this board that he is sans internet till Gears 3 release.
Also... the update is not coming out till tomorrow. (The actual release date)
Thirdly... according to yet another post, the update does not include anything for the "Catch" achievement.

So yeah... =D

Bringin SXC bak
09-06-2011, 06:33 AM
There's heaps of standard grenades on the roof of the prison near the end and plenty of infected so this should be simple to get in this area but there are other areas early on in the game too :)

jackanape
09-06-2011, 08:23 AM
That's odd - because I've used a regular grenade on the infected already with no joy. Just have to keep trying and hope it pops I suppose.

Crimson Ridley
09-06-2011, 08:25 AM
Could it be like the achievements from many games; Kill 3 infected with one grenade? A lot of games use this achievement, so I suppose it would make sense for Dead Island to have it.

Bringin SXC bak
09-06-2011, 11:55 AM
I did happen to kill 3 infected so it's always a possibility. I think it was just the distance between the nade and the infected that made the difference. The achievement suggests that it's not meant to be the initial explosion. Just the blast... But I could have just been lucky. Guess I won't know until a few more people unlock it

Crimson Ridley
09-06-2011, 12:05 PM
I did happen to kill 3 infected so it's always a possibility. I think it was just the distance between the nade and the infected that made the difference. The achievement suggests that it's not meant to be the initial explosion. Just the blast... But I could have just been lucky. Guess I won't know until a few more people unlock it

You might be right. Maybe the blast wasn't just a pretty word to use for "blow the shit out of a zombie". :P

Well, you may have made a lot of people very happy. :)

RufftyMan
09-06-2011, 12:35 PM
You might be right. Maybe the blast wasn't just a pretty word to use for "blow the shit out of a zombie".
OR MAYBE YOU'RE A LIAR?!?

...only kiddin'. I'm glad it's not glitched then as first thought. Still, this whole waiting till Friday thing is killing me!

Crimson Ridley
09-06-2011, 12:51 PM
OR MAYBE YOU'RE A LIAR?!?

...only kiddin'. I'm glad it's not glitched then as first thought. Still, this whole waiting till Friday thing is killing me!

Maybe I am... wait, why might I be a liar? :p

Haha, I'm seriously thinking about getting this. I keep arguing with my fiance because we're supposed to be buying things for our new house but I keep buying games.

I always lose these arguments, but then she shuts up and I play the games that I bought. Otherwise, I'd kill her. Win-win!

Bringin SXC bak
09-06-2011, 01:23 PM
Just make sure you take off the head so she doesn't come back ;)

Lol but seriously, I think you should buy this game FOR your house. It would serve as a great survival guide. Just leave it in the medicine cupboard and play it when she's not around. Im sure she wouldn't think ill of it then :P

I'm confused as to why you're a liar as well. Made me smile though so I owe him that much :D

RufftyMan
09-06-2011, 02:09 PM
Maybe I am... wait, why might I be a liar? :p

Haha, I'm seriously thinking about getting this. I keep arguing with my fiance because we're supposed to be buying things for our new house but I keep buying games.

I always lose these arguments, but then she shuts up and I play the games that I bought. Otherwise, I'd kill her. Win-win!

It was in reference to the original post of him saying he had the achievement. I realize I may have messed up the concept, but oh well. You win some you lose some :D

And with regards to getting it, stuff for your house can be bought any time. What if there was a zombie apocalypse early next week, and you never had the experience of Dead Island on how to make all manner of weapons capable of killing the undead until they die from it??

I'm pretty sure your other half would look a little silly then, right?

Bringin SXC bak
09-06-2011, 02:35 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself :)

Apart from the me lying bit lol I've definitely got it

RufftyMan
09-06-2011, 03:46 PM
Haha I believe you dude. Just glad it's not glitched as first feared.

jackanape
09-06-2011, 07:43 PM
Can confirm this too - though don't be surprised if it doesn't pop first time as it took five different grenades on varying numbers of infected for mine to unlock. In the end I got it from just one guy, so it is still glitchy but not totally unobtainable. Just keep trying if all else fails.

Bringin SXC bak
09-06-2011, 11:03 PM
I'm glad someone else got it :) I'm still gonna put it down to the right amount of distance between the nade and the infected. How many points do you have now Jackanape? I've got just over 800. Just missing level 50, act with with 4 characters, and the locations one (still on 71/72) grrr! Oh and all co-op because I can't get online and I don't see an option for local multiplayer

TakeoutMage
09-08-2011, 07:20 AM
make sure you use a GRENADE (not a fire one or just something that go boum-boum)

and make sure its an INFECTED!
not a WALKER zombie, an INFECTED zombie (screaming ones running super fast -- says `infected` when u aim at them)

thats it