PDA

View Full Version : Ranged or Melee?

Swainehh
09-06-2011, 04:23 PM
For all you people that have played the game, which out of ranged or melee do you find more effective in co-op and solo and why? :woop:

A Scary Demon
09-06-2011, 04:43 PM
I havnt played the game but seeing the weapons are similar to DR I'm gonna go with melee there's nothing like crushing a zombies skull with a bat or sledge hammer :)

ofay
09-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Haven't played yet but I've been hearing people say that the damage from guns doesn't do that much more than edged based weapons. Something like it's easier to slice a zombies head off then shoot them in the face

Tai_MT
09-06-2011, 05:34 PM
When I find a gun, I can let you know. For now though, it's pretty easy to bash zombie skulls in. But hey, I'm only 1 hour into the game.

I likely won't find a gun until ACT II.

koga88
09-06-2011, 08:48 PM
You can get a gun from a sidequest midway through Act I, but not much ammo for it until Act II. Guns are unfortunately underpowered, with damage to zombie enemies being quite low. There are three types of guns with the most common being the pistol types, then rifles and finally shotguns. They can sometimes knock down an enemy but for the most part, carrying a blunt or edged weapon usually works for the best. The game pretty much forces melee gameplay as the ranged combat is limited to either weak guns or throwing your weapons at enemies.

tomturner
09-06-2011, 09:04 PM
melee always more fun