PDA

View Full Version : The Vehicular improvments in SR3

CrAzYnEsS
09-07-2011, 04:19 AM
Quick link, to SaintsRow.com, in which a developer has writing a blog on the vehicular improvments in Saints Row The Third. Also theres a video in the blog showing some vehicular gameplay.

http://www.saintsrow.com/blog-post/developer-blog-vehicular-improvements-srtt

Hopefully the controls are still as smooth as in the 2nd.

plum
09-07-2011, 08:35 AM
Wow,that looks great,love the torch car that's my favourite plus that specter is amazing.this is shaping up to be the best free roam game ever

True I Skill
09-07-2011, 03:04 PM
I hate to be that guy that bitches. But a button for drift? does that mean there will no longer be any skill in drifting between cars around a corner in a high speed chase? I also did not like the look of how when he hit a few cars he carries on at full speed and the car flies out of the way.

On the other hand i guess at least they are trying something new will be interesting to try out, And i guess smashing cars out the way in traffic will be fun.

CrAzYnEsS
09-07-2011, 04:31 PM
I hate to be that guy that bitches. But a button for drift? does that mean there will no longer be any skill in drifting between cars around a corner in a high speed chase? I also did not like the look of how when he hit a few cars he carries on at full speed and the car flies out of the way.

On the other hand i guess at least they are trying something new will be interesting to try out, And i guess smashing cars out the way in traffic will be fun.

I'm worried as you are, I thought the car mechanics in SR2 were great. Also about the flying controls, I always changed the scheme so it would be like the GTA flying controls that were mint.

I definitily don't want to be driving in a car, that just smashes cars flying out of the way, and allows you to mainten speed. I experienced this in Crackdown, and don't think it would fit in Saints Row's gameplay.

You know, sometimes I just like ramming into things, and also if you have the possibility of crashing or hitting something and slowing down, it makes it more exciting when in a police chase.

Side note- I know this may sound stupid, but in all the videos I watched, your character always is smashing through the window in order to get into the vehicule. I don't want this to always happen, sometimes I like driving around in my cars because they look nice, so hopefully your able to open the door to.

True I Skill
09-07-2011, 07:21 PM
Well good to see i am not on my own :D

And i am pretty sure you can Just open the door. They added in a button so you can do things faster like leaping fences and getting into cars quicker, I am pretty sure that they are just using that Fast button when smashing through the window.

On saints 2 and 1 you would stand ontop of the car roof and press Y and you spawn into the drivers seat without having to even open the door so maybe that will still be a way to enter the car.

CrAzYnEsS
09-07-2011, 10:42 PM
Well good to see i am not on my own :D

And i am pretty sure you can Just open the door. They added in a button so you can do things faster like leaping fences and getting into cars quicker, I am pretty sure that they are just using that Fast button when smashing through the window.

On saints 2 and 1 you would stand ontop of the car roof and press Y and you spawn into the drivers seat without having to even open the door so maybe that will still be a way to enter the car.

(Facepalms) I forgot about the fast button feature. Although to my defence, the thing I read on it never truly specifyed what it was for, other than making certain actions faster.

Ah yes, I remember always standing on the roofs of the cars, and then just popping in them lol.

Axel Desade
09-13-2011, 07:21 PM
I'm hoping it was just the fact that the car was pretty low to the floor that made it react that way, as if it were a ramp. Anyways, I am stoked for this game, those graphics are just absolutely beautiful.

Dr Popodopolus
09-22-2011, 01:25 PM
After the countless hours I've put into SR2, if there's one thing that needed improvement, it was the driving mechanics.

Sure, I loved how smooth it was, but there was never any real sense of weight to any of the cars, and they all seemed to feel like they hit the same top speed if you see what I mean.

Looking forward to drifting and driving in SR:TT