PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Guide

Silent Skeelz
09-07-2011, 06:48 AM
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z41/gifs11/RiseOfNightmares1.jpg

Hello, and welcome to the Rise of Nightmares achievement guide. Please be aware that before going any further, any or all of these guides/descriptions may contain spoilers that may ruin the game for you.

I will post the unlocked description first, then include my own insight.

There are 50 achievements with a total of 1000 points.

Achievements

Destiny's Path - 5G "Cards of Insight."
Found a Tarot Card for the first time.
All you have to do is collect a single Tarot card. Once picked up the achievement will unlock.

Fading Footprints - 5G "Forgotten Records."
Found a Detective's Tape for the first time.
All you have to do is collect a single Tape. Once picked up the achievement will unlock.

Creature Executioner - 15G "Attacks from below are effective against creatures too."
Defeated at least 20 creatures using a spear trap.
Whenever you see spears jutting up from the floor, kick a creature or creatures into them. Do this 20 times. Thanks to Dusturm

Iron Fist - 10G "Keep punching. Don't stop."
Defeated at least 50 enemies with a fist-type weapon.
In Act 10 Scene 1 there is a set of brass knuckles in the first room to your left, and a set of shock knuckles in the third room on the right. Using them both you can literally knock the achievement out in no time.

Knife User - 10G "Keep swinging that knife."
Defeated at least 50 creatures using a knife.
In Act 10 Scene 1 there is a survival knife directly to your right once you start. Take it and use the infinitely spawning creatures to your advantage.

Creature Fighter - 20G "You cannot always run from danger."
Defeated at least 100 creatures.
See 'Creature Slayer'.

Creature Slayer - 50G "Leave nothing moving in your wake."
Defeated at least 500 creatures.
To earn this achievement all you've got to do is kill, kill, kill. Kills with specific weapons as well as kill count carry over games. Thanks Dusturm

Creature Slicer - 15G "You need to lure them into their doom."
Defeated at least 20 creatures using the slicer.
There are a few around but the easiest one to use is Act 3. The giant saw that you activate to open a gate. Simply let them walk into it.

Invitation to a Nightmare - 5G "This is where it all begins."
Began the Nightmare.
Start a new game for the first time and bloop. It's as easy as pressing start.

Nice Gesture! - 5G "Try touching things."
Used a gesture to operate an object for the first time.
Impossible to miss. Simply reach for a lever, valve, door, etc and once you turn, pull, or open it the achievement will unlock.

The First Kill - 5G "Subdue your fear and confront the horrific."
Defeated your first creature.
When you encounter your first creature it will insist that you kill it. Just punch, stab, bash, whatever you please to an enemy and the achievement will unlock.

Brawl King - 15G "Don't pick things up."
Defeated at least 50 creatures using only punches and kicks.
It's all in the description. Forgo picking up a weapon and simply use your bare fists and kick to kill at least 50 creatures. Once done, the achievement will unlock.

Creature Hunter - 30G "Defeat as many kinds of creatures as you can."
Defeated every type of creature.
There are many "kinds" of creatures throughout the game. But not that many. I unlocked this achievement around act 7 of the game. Every time you see a unique enemy, be it a creature with a bag on its head, or it has a blade hand, or it's center explodes when you hit it, kill any and all kinds and the achievement will unlock.

Weapon Master - 30G "Pick up every weapon you see."
You can find a guide HERE (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=329551). <-- Link Thanks to GODLancelot (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=2199)

Creature Crusher - 15G "Kick'em to their doom!"
Defeated at least 20 creatures using spiked walls.
In Act 3 after you turn the power on for the door, go down the ladder and there is a long hallway with spikes on one side and 5 or 6 creatures. Just kick them into the walls and they will die. Rinse and repeat. Thanks to Dusturm

Creature Bomber - 15G "Burn baby, burn!"
Defeated at least 30 creatures with explosives.
The throwing tubes don't count. You need to use the red boxes or canisters that will explode when hit. The best place to do is in Chapter 3, right after you activate the spinning blades, quickly get across so you can drag as many of creatures with you. Proceed up into the next room where there are two sets of the red boxes. Gather as many of the creatures around them as possible, and then punch the box. Kill yourself and repeat as necessary. Thanks to Detainee 1304 (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=65082)

Craftsman - 10G "Dismember a single creature while leaving it alive."
Sliced off three creature body parts without a powered weapon, leaving the creature alive.
Slice off a creature's head, arm, etc, resulting in the creature surviving rather than dying. Sure you can finish it off, but the idea is to dismember a creature without killing it. Rather simple, just take a few swings with a knife, ice saw, hatchet, etc and let it mosey about.

Watcher - 5G "The actions of others are fascinating."
Discovered your first "Secret Event."
You'll earn this early on. I got it during the second mission "The Survivors". While trying to escape the train you'll notice a train worker hanging from the edge about to be rushed away by the current. Try to help, and watch him float away. Whenever prompted to "Look" at something, do it. These are secret events.

Mad Bomber - 10G "Keep tossing those tubes."
Defeated at least 50 creatures using test tubes.
In Act 10 Scene 1 move forward past the first and second room into the third room (with the banshee) and some Golden Tubes will be on your immediate left. Let the enemies bunch up and knock the kills out fast.

Dismantler - 10G "It's easy to cut things down to size."
Defeated at least 100 creatures with a powered weapon.
Whenever you find weapons like the chain saw, or other powerful mincers, pick it up and tear them up.

Sage - 10G "Let loose with loads of energy."
Defeated at least 100 creatures with the Azoth glove.
This is really easy, actually. Just charge the glove up and let it loose on groups of enemies. You'll get the achievement in no time. Thanks to XXNecrophobicXX (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=457561)

Pipe Layer - 10G "You can use tools too."
Defeated at least 50 creatures with a pipe-like weapon.
I used Act 10 Scene 1. When you enter the dungeon area with the first banshee there is a pipe inside the first cell on the right. Grab it and start cracking heads. It will take a few runs but it's not difficult.

Axe Chopper - 10G "It's good for more than chopping down trees."
Defeated at least 50 creatures with a wood-cutting weapon.
This can be done with a Machete or a Hatchet. Both are in Act 10 Scene 1 while traversing the graveyard. Thanks to XXNecrophobicXX (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=457561)

Scavenger - 10G "Take weapons from creatures."
Defeated at least 50 creatures using arm weapons dropped by creatures.When you defeat creatures that use arm weapons like blades, probes, etc you can pick up their appendages and use them. Get 50 kills this way and the achievement is yours. Thanks to Dusturm

Headhunter - 20G "They're creatures. It's okay."
Beheaded 50 creatures.
Aim for creature's heads with sharp objects to behead 50 enemies and the achievement will unlock.

(http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../game/rise-of-nightmares/achievement/55929-Master-of-the-Nightmare.html)

Silent Skeelz
09-07-2011, 06:49 AM
Multi-Hitter -

Lightning Reflexes - 20G "Demonstrate outstanding response time."
Performed at least 50 dodge gestures in battle.
While in combat you will sometimes be given the opportunity to dodge by ducking, stepping to the side, etc. Perform 50 of them and the achievement will unlock.

Limb Lopper - 10G "Plants aren't the only things you can prune and trim."
Defeated at least 100 creatures with a scissor-type weapon.
In Act 10 Scene 1 there is a pair of sheers in the second room. After you begin walk forward and turn left. Pick them up and start chopping.

Ernst - 10G "Such fierce strength."
Defeated at least 100 creatures with Ernst's Chains.
Once you transform into Ernst your main form of attack will be chains that you shoot from your hands. Defeat 100 creatures using these. Thanks to Dusturm

Brute - 5G "There is than one way of opening a door."
Kicked open a door.
When prompted with the 'Open' gesture, instead of pushing it open with your arms give it a kick instead. Thanks to Tromav

Secret Achievements

Master Sleuth - 50G "Found all of the Detective's Tapes."
An active guide can be found HERE (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=329688). <-- Link

Tarot Master - 50G "Obtained all Tarot Cards."
See the "Master Sleuth" guide.

Nightmare Escapee - 30G "Cleared the main game on the "Humane" difficulty level."
See 'Nightmare Vanquisher'.

Nightmare Defeater - 50G "Cleared the main game on the "No Mercy" difficulty level."
See 'Nightmare Vanquisher'.

Nightmare Vanquisher - 100G "Cleared the main game on the "Torture" difficulty level."
The game isn't that hard. The only tips I can give you are to block, kick, and back away when you're getting overwhelmed. If anything is about to strike, you must block. No exceptions. You will die. The most annoying enemy in the game are probably the enemies that vomit on you. Block the vomit or die blind.
Note that the difficulty achievements are NOT stackable. Remember this. You will have to beat the game at least three times. Thanks to Detainee 1304

Aaron and Katja - 10G "Cleared Act 0."
Story related, you cannot miss this achievement.

The Train - 10G "Cleared Act 1."

The Survivors - 10G "Cleared Act 2."

House of Madness - 10G "Cleared Act 3."

Friend of Foe? - 10G "Cleared Act 4."
The Forest - 10G "Cleared Act 5."

The Nightmare - 10G "Cleared Act 6."

Viktor - 10G "Cleared Act 7."

Stirrings of Death - 10G "Cleared Act 8."

Escape From the Grasp of Evil - 30G "Obtained an A-Rank in Act 10, Scene 1."
I had trouble at first, but found that it's not too hard to get an A on this one.

Live to Tell the Tale - 30G "Obtained an A-Rank in Act 10, Scene 2."

Fight or Flight - 30G "Obtained an A-Rank in Act 10, Scene 3."

Sharp-Eyed Traveler - 20G "Discovered all "Secret Events."
See the "Master Sleuth" guide.

Endless Nightmare - 60G "Survived the Endless Nightmare."
No current guide for this achievement.

Master of the Nightmare - 60G "Cleared the "TORTURE" difficulty without dying."
A lot of blocking is key. So is back stepping. Take it slow and don't try to fight tons of creatures at once. Two to three hits and you are dead. If you are falling down dead, I suggest hitting the power button on your Xbox to shut it off. That's how I did it, and since it's a Kinect game turning on your controller takes too much time, so just hit the power button. Thanks to Dusturm

Tromav
09-07-2011, 07:00 AM
Brute - 5G "There is more than one way of opening a door."
Kick instead of using your hand to open any door.

Watcher - 5G "The actions of others are fascinating."
Activate your first "secret event". I imagine this unlocks from triggering any "LOOK" icon, I achieved this by triggering the "LOOK" icon in the first open carriage you pass on the train.

Bobo
09-07-2011, 10:27 AM
thanks for getting this started. i hate when the achievement descriptions are so vague. i was worried noone was going to take enough interest to organize a guide, looking at how dead the forum is

Silent Skeelz
09-07-2011, 02:56 PM
thanks for getting this started. i hate when the achievement descriptions are so vague. i was worried noone was going to take enough interest to organize a guide, looking at how dead the forum is Yeah it's really a shame. And you're welcome. I don't mind at all. Someone had to do it.

XXNecrophobicXX
09-07-2011, 05:26 PM
to get the "Sage" achievement u simply need to kill 100 enemies with the azoth glove.
to get the "Axe Chopper" achievement u need to kill 50 enemies with a wood-cutting weapon so a hatchet is the best option

Dusturm
09-07-2011, 06:54 PM
For the Creature Crusher, anytime you see spikes on the wall, kick the zombies into the spikes. Need 20 kills that way to get the achievement to pop.

BruinsFTW
09-07-2011, 08:14 PM
Thanks! Definitely appreciated...Didn't think it would be made either since the forum has like no activity at all.

Dusturm
09-07-2011, 08:52 PM
Oh and I believe that kill counts carry over into new games. Started No Mercy difficultly today and after 4 kills with the power glove thing, the Sage achievement pops. Must have only killed 96 creatures last game.

Dusturm
09-07-2011, 09:17 PM
Update for the achievement Scavenger.

"Defeated at least 50 creatures using arm weapons dropped by creatures".

If you kill a creature and it drops a weapon like the arm saw, pick it up and hack away.

32/50 so far....

And the Ernst achievement... kill 100 creatures with Ernst chains.

33/50....

Sn1gaaaZ
09-08-2011, 12:13 AM
Thanks for the guide Silent Skeelz!

I haven't played Rise of Nightmares yet but I'm thinking to get it the next days. I was just wondering about the 'Master of the Nightmare' [Cleared the "TORTURE" difficulty without dying] achievement, is there an easy way around this like dashboarding back or something? Also I hope that difficulty is not too torturous heh.

Silent Skeelz
09-08-2011, 01:01 AM
Thanks for the guide Silent Skeelz!

I haven't played Rise of Nightmares yet but I'm thinking to get it the next days. I was just wondering about the 'Master of the Nightmare' [Cleared the "TORTURE" difficulty without dying] achievement, is there an easy way around this like dashboarding back or something? Also I hope that difficulty is not too torturous heh. No problem. As far as how difficult Torture is, it's not that hard. Aggravating at times, but not impossible. Not sure about restarting or any ways out of a death counting.

And thanks to everyone for their input on the guide. I'm trying to keep up with it but my internet isn't secure at the moment. And the character count is annoying as well. I have to condense while still remaining specific on the guide. So sorry if it's going awry at times.

XXNecrophobicXX
09-08-2011, 03:51 AM
Does anyone know why this game keeps getting such awful reviews? i love this game and it seems like theres quite a few people who agree with me yet everywhere i look its getting 5/10s i dont understand whats so bad about it.

Dusturm
09-08-2011, 05:03 AM
Does anyone know why this game keeps getting such awful reviews? i love this game and it seems like theres quite a few people who agree with me yet everywhere i look its getting 5/10s i dont understand whats so bad about it.

I agree. This game is awesome! The menu controls are the best I have seen in a kinect game to date and the game play controls are superb.

pistonh
09-08-2011, 05:52 AM

I think it's because most of the reviewers haven't had much play time with Kinect to be able to properly use it naturally. I also find the menu navigation the best around & the controls very responsive. When I see my friends play my Kinect games most of them tend to think too much about their movements & force their gestures or do sudden/awkward movements. The game even tells you during the loading screens when to gesture smoothly & when to have at it with zombies. Instead of flicking their arm naturally to move the menu over I see them holding it unnaturally outstretched thereby scrolling the choices endlessly & having to go back. Also when my friends kick they do it Duke Nukem style instead of the "below-the-belt" type straight into a crotch. What happens is they don't get the response they'd like & wear themselves out very quickly. They either give up, say they feel/look too stupid to play, or blame it on the Kinect controls being crap. There's videos out there for games like Dance Central where you can see how the people who play less stiff get the better scores. Most reviewers I think do poorly early on, quit the game before it gains its momentum, and never get to truly experience its entirety before passing judgement on it, and it reflects in the reviews. That's why I take reviews very lightly nowadays.

Anyways, thanks for the guide Skeelz. Maybe I'll have something to contribute as I play thru more of this excellent game.

EDIT: Ahahaha forgot about the jerky shoulder turns! One of my friends keeps doing it right now & is super frustrated at his character flopping into walls all the time.

PANIC ATTACK 10
09-08-2011, 07:01 PM

i gave this a 10+ its exactly how kinect should be used.best controller scheme i've seen.

as for the ratings, i think people are just afraid of change. its like they want it to fail so they can go back to their couch.

i personally love how they did this. i hope all future titles are done in this fashion. i encourage sega to keep this team together for kinect games.

PANIC ATTACK 10
09-08-2011, 07:12 PM
oh forgot to mention, thanks for a guide. i think the hardest thing to figure out will be those cards. found one by accident in a fight on act3. hit a creature into a shelf of cans. under one of the cans was a tarot card. very sneeky sega :).

hope someone gets the cards & audio tapes figured out.

also how you get that ahcieve for attacking from below? i've tried striking low but that dont work. cant cut there legs off like that lmao. awesome game & cant put it down. still have to try dead island yet, lmao. this is just to much FUN! creepy too!

Dusturm
09-08-2011, 07:58 PM
also how you get that ahcieve for attacking from below? i've tried striking low but that dont work. cant cut there legs off like that lmao.

I believe you need to use the spikes that come out of the floor in one of the rooms in act 3. Since the achievement picture shows those, I would say that 20 creature kills like that should do it. Just finished TORTURE. Going back to act 3 a few times to see if that does it.

As for the Weapon Master, as I think I read somewhere that there are 40 different weapons in the game, I believe you have to pick up each weapon. I have noticed that when you pick up a weapon you haven't used yet, a little dialog appears on the left side of the screen telling you a little about the weapon. Since I haven't see it pop up in quite awhile, I must be missing some rare weapon.

40/50 so far.....

MastrMeatWad
09-08-2011, 08:03 PM
a guide started! Awesome, thanks. The reviews started out great on metacritic, but then a few reviewers tossed in the 5-6.5 out of 10 which is 'average'. Perhaps it is because someone mentioned in this thread, or they are in the camp, "kinect is bad". How can you have one person state the controls are great, and then the next person state they are poor?! Makes no sense. Hope the game does well as I enjoyed what little I have played so far.

Dusturm
09-08-2011, 09:03 PM
For Weapon Master you need to pick up every weapon you see. When you pick up a weapon you have never held, a text will appear on the left of the screen. This only applies to weapons you have never picked up before. Most of the weapons can be found in the main game. The last two are in Act 10 Scene 3. They are the Sword and Ernst's Chain. You wont find those in the main campaign.

wheresurh3ad
09-08-2011, 10:40 PM
For Weapon Master you need to pick up every weapon you see. When you pick up a weapon you have never held, a text will appear on the left of the screen. This only applies to weapons you have never picked up before. Most of the weapons can be found in the main game. The last two are in Act 10 Scene 3. They are the Sword and Ernst's Chain. You wont find those in the main campaign.

Thanx! i was going crazy replaying the story mode because i didnt know what i missed and now you tell me they are in act 10 scene 3!! damnit lol.

Silent Skeelz
09-08-2011, 10:51 PM
For Weapon Master you need to pick up every weapon you see. When you pick up a weapon you have never held, a text will appear on the left of the screen. This only applies to weapons you have never picked up before. Most of the weapons can be found in the main game. The last two are in Act 10 Scene 3. They are the Sword and Ernst's Chain. You wont find those in the main campaign. If you could get me the exact unlocked description I would appreciate it. And I'd like to start a list of weapons as well.

CelticWarriorDB
09-09-2011, 02:47 PM

It basically comes down to one thing: people hate Kinect.

You see it everywhere on the net, people bashing Kinect no matter what the news is. They complained that there wasn't any mature games on the Kinect, and that's why they aren't interested. Well now, here is a mature game, but do they give it a chance? Nope, why, because it's on Kinect.

I mean, on this very site, there was an outrage because there was ONE Kinect achievement in Forza 4, and it was worth 5g. I mean, complete and total outrage over 1 5g achievement, only because you needed Kinect.

Anytime there's a Kinect game, or something Kinect-news related, posted on this site (or any site) people jump in solely to bash Kinect. To me, it's pathetic. If you don't like something, then why comment on it?

I could go on, but that's pretty much the main reason. No matter how good a game might be, if it is on the Kinect, it will get ridiculed, simple as that.

HQC
09-09-2011, 06:15 PM
First, thanks for the guide. It's really appreciated. I never thought of kicking in a door! D'oh. In any case, I just finished the game on "No Mercy" and got "Nightmare Defeater" cheevo. However, I did not unlock the achievement for finishing on "Humane" difficulty. Either my game glitched or the completion achievements do not stack. Thus, three complete story playthroughs are required. Someone else might have further info. I just thought to give a heads up.

I'm going to start my "Humane" runthrough and pick up the tapes and cards and weapons cheevos. If I find anything remote or cleverly hidden, like tapes or cards or weapons, then I'll share here.

Silent Skeelz
09-09-2011, 09:26 PM
No problem HQC. I've added a link to your guide for the time being. I hope that it can be finished and revised and can have its own permanent spot in the guide.

Detainee 1304
09-09-2011, 09:44 PM
Three playthroughs are mandatory, none of the difficulties stack. As for Weapon Master, you don't have to even swing or get a kill with the weapon, just pick it up, see the weapon description in the upper left corner and it will count. The achievement popped for me as soon as I picked up the sword in Chapter 10:3.

Creature Bomber - Defeated at least 30 creatures with explosives.

The throwing tubes don't count, this is the red boxes or canisters that will explode when hit. The best place to do is in Chapter 3, right after you active the spinning blades, quickly get across so you can drag as many of creatures with you. Proceed up into the next room and there are two sets of the red boxes, try to gather as many of the creatures around them as possible, and then punch the box. Walk back into the other room and kill yourself with the spinning blades and repeat as necessary.

Dismantler - Defeated at least 100 creatures with a powered weapon.

Brianzilla2004
09-09-2011, 11:04 PM
I cannot get that Craftsman Achievement. As soon as I remove their head, the always bleed out. Is there any specific creature type that I should be doing this on? What's the best weapon for it?

Dusturm
09-10-2011, 12:23 AM
So... how about Act 10?
Scene 1 was easy but 2 is a twisted mess of spikes and I hate the never ending chefs on scene 3. Played 3 15 times yesterday before leaving town and I still haven't beaten it.

Detainee 1304
09-10-2011, 01:29 AM
Endless Nightmare - Survived the Endless Nightmare

Obtain A ranks in Scene 10-1, Scene 10-2, Scene 10-3.
Scores I obtained A rank with:
Scene 10-1 - 58850
Scene 10-2 - 40340
Scene 10-3 - 65710

Dustrum, as for 10-3, the best advice I can give you is don't let the Chef's overwhelm you, and don't try and fight them all, kill one or two, kick the others and move away. The spitter's are the real danger, they'll blind you and then the chef's will overwhelm you if you aren't careful.

As for 10-2, learn the pattern's. Don't bust the box in the first room, time your movement carefully with the spikes. Use the switch on the left, the right switch will kill you (in 10-2 if you see a dead body on the floor, you will die in that area). After using the switch, open the cabinet for test tubes, carefully use the test tubes on the two barrels on the left, three for the creature, and while looking at the locked door, turn around and the key is in the barrel on the left, use a test tube to destroy it before you risk the spikes. The next room, just time the wall spikes, then you'll go up a staircase, there are two spitters in the windows so keep your arms up ready to guard, don't bother fighting the little puppets, just kick them. In the nursery/bedroom, stay back from the lady, the purple whirl on the floor indicates spikes, so step back when you see it. The next room the chest with the key, bust it and immediately step back to avoid the spikes. In the dressing room, where the picture is, use the switch to turn off the spikes. In the final room, its a mixture of luck, timing and patience. There are 4 spitters, so if you rush, you'll be doing it blind and will probably die several feet from the finish line which is the ladder down, so be patient and careful.

Silent Skeelz
09-10-2011, 06:01 PM
Three playthroughs are mandatory, none of the difficulties stack. As for Weapon Master, you don't have to even swing or get a kill with the weapon, just pick it up, see the weapon description in the upper left corner and it will count. The achievement popped for me as soon as I picked up the sword in Chapter 10:3.

Creature Bomber - Defeated at least 30 creatures with explosives.

The throwing tubes don't count, this is the red boxes or canisters that will explode when hit. The best place to do is in Chapter 3, right after you active the spinning blades, quickly get across so you can drag as many of creatures with you. Proceed up into the next room and there are two sets of the red boxes, try to gather as many of the creatures around them as possible, and then punch the box. Walk back into the other room and kill yourself with the spinning blades and repeat as necessary.

Dismantler - Defeated at least 100 creatures with a powered weapon. I assume powered weapons are like the Chainsaw, Creature Saw, etc?

Detainee 1304
09-10-2011, 06:39 PM
I assume powered weapons are like the Chainsaw, Creature Saw, etc?

Yeah I meant to give more detail, but I forgot. Any weapon that when you pick it up and it spins when you push forward is powered, so the bloody chainsaw, regular chainsaw, power drill, meant mincer and any others.

Daniel55645
09-10-2011, 11:07 PM
so is this game hard or is just nobody playing it seeming its been out for a few days now and the highest is only 365G

wheresurh3ad
09-11-2011, 01:22 AM
so is this game hard or is just nobody playing it seeming its been out for a few days now and the highest is only 365G

I have 470.. and im sure alot more people have higher than that.

True IrishBlood
09-11-2011, 08:27 PM
yea i have 900 for the game the leaderboards just arent registering right

Dusturm
09-12-2011, 01:29 AM
I am sitting at 860 with just 4 achievements to go. Collected 46 of them in about 72 hours. Wasn't too hard.

Dusturm
09-12-2011, 11:13 PM

Obtain A ranks in Scene 10-1, Scene 10-2, Scene 10-3.
Scores I obtained A rank with:
Scene 10-1 - 58850
Scene 10-2 - 40340
Scene 10-3 - 65710

Dustrum, as for 10-3, the best advice I can give you is don't let the Chef's overwhelm you, and don't try and fight them all, kill one or two, kick the others and move away. The spitter's are the real danger, they'll blind you and then the chef's will overwhelm you if you aren't careful.

As for 10-2, learn the pattern's. Don't bust the box in the first room, time your movement carefully with the spikes. Use the switch on the left, the right switch will kill you (in 10-2 if you see a dead body on the floor, you will die in that area). After using the switch, open the cabinet for test tubes, carefully use the test tubes on the two barrels on the left, three for the creature, and while looking at the locked door, turn around and the key is in the barrel on the left, use a test tube to destroy it before you risk the spikes. The next room, just time the wall spikes, then you'll go up a staircase, there are two spitters in the windows so keep your arms up ready to guard, don't bother fighting the little puppets, just kick them. In the nursery/bedroom, stay back from the lady, the purple whirl on the floor indicates spikes, so step back when you see it. The next room the chest with the key, bust it and immediately step back to avoid the spikes. In the dressing room, where the picture is, use the switch to turn off the spikes. In the final room, its a mixture of luck, timing and patience. There are 4 spitters, so if you rush, you'll be doing it blind and will probably die several feet from the finish line which is the ladder down, so be patient and careful.

Sir thank you for all this. Just completed the game. 50/50!

xMidget_Furyx
09-13-2011, 01:37 AM
i am plesantly surprised with this game. the only drawback for me is i like playing these games in the dark and you can't with the kinect for obvious reasons. However that doesn't make playing this any less fun. I rented it and i am going to buy it when my rental is over this game is awesome.

MachineAres
09-13-2011, 04:25 AM
You actually can play it in the dark. Maybe not pitch black, but I turn the lights down to where theres almost no light at all and it works great. They even tell you in the warning of the Kinect starting up that you shouldn't have too much light in the room because the Kinect is really sensitive to it, so its usually the less light, the better. Kinect isn't just a camera, it has an advanced infared laser system in it as well, which doesn't need light to operate.

Silent Skeelz
09-13-2011, 07:03 PM
Sir thank you for all this. Just completed the game. 50/50! Would you mind looking over the guide and checking which achievements don't have descriptions then messaging me or posting the unlocked description? I would appreciate it. Then I could complete the guide. I would appreciate it!

Dusturm
09-13-2011, 08:29 PM
Would you mind looking over the guide and checking which achievements don't have descriptions then messaging me or posting the unlocked description? I would appreciate it. Then I could complete the guide. I would appreciate it!

Yeah i'll get the list typed up sometime tonight or early morning. I will also finish off my Sharp Eyed Traveler guide in that time frame. I don't have any capture equipment so I will be propping my tablet up and taking pictures to add.

Santa 8aby
09-14-2011, 04:47 AM
Anyone figure out how to unlock Creature Executioner yet?

Dusturm
09-14-2011, 06:34 AM
Anyone figure out how to unlock Creature Executioner yet?

Yes. Creatures must die by spikes that shoot up from the floor.

Santa 8aby
09-14-2011, 11:08 AM
Yes. Creatures must die by spikes that shoot up from the floor.
Thanks, I suppose that makes sense. However, I've been in the room with the spikes that repeatedly go up and down and many o' zombie have died due to them. Is there a trick to it, i.e., do you have to kick them into the spikes?

Snitty 1
09-14-2011, 04:42 PM
There's no trick to it, you can kick them into the spikes or let them run into them all on their own, they all count. You will need 20 total kills for the achievement. I think there are 4 creatures in the room with the floor spikes so after you've killed them suicide yourself on the spikes and repeat.

The creature crusher achievement can be done in exactly the same way however for this one you must kick the creatures into wall spikes. Again you will need 20 kills.

Dusturm
09-14-2011, 07:20 PM
Creature Crusher - 15G "Kick'em to their doom!"

Unlocked description: "Defeated at least 20 creatures using spiked walls"

Guide: In Act 3 after you turn the power on for the door, go down the ladder and there is a long hallway with spikes on one side and 5 or 6 creatures. Just kick them into the walls and they will die. Rinse and repeat.

Ernst - 10G "Such fierce strength."
Unlocked description: "Defeated at least 100 creatures with Ernst's chains"

Guide: Very easy. When you are transformed into Ernst, your main weapon are your chains that come from your hands (think Scorpion in Mortal Kombat). Just kill 100 creatures and the achievement is yours.

Master of the Nightmare - 60G "Cleared the "TORTURE" difficulty without dying."

Guide: A lot of blocking is the key. So is back stepping. Take it slow and don't try to fight a ton of creatures all at once. Two or three hits and you are dead. If you are falling down dead, I suggest hitting the power button on the Xbox to shut it off. That is how I did it since it's a kinect game and I didn't have a controller near me and if I did, it was always off. Dash-boarding might work also but in my eyes, reaching for a controller, turning it on, and dash-boarding just takes way too much time.

Creature Executioner - 15G "Attacks from below are effective against creatures too."

Unlocked description: "Defeated at least 20 creatures with a spear trap"

And that should be it. Added a few guides also.

Santa 8aby
09-14-2011, 08:36 PM
There's no trick to it, you can kick them into the spikes or let them run into them all on their own, they all count. You will need 20 total kills for the achievement. I think there are 4 creatures in the room with the floor spikes so after you've killed them suicide yourself on the spikes and repeat.

The creature crusher achievement can be done in exactly the same way however for this one you must kick the creatures into wall spikes. Again you will need 20 kills.
Got it, thanks!

Silent Skeelz
09-14-2011, 10:15 PM
Worked on the guide a little with the info you gave me, Dusturm. I still need a few but not many. Do you have anything on the Weapon Master achievement?

Dusturm
09-14-2011, 11:11 PM
Worked on the guide a little with the info you gave me, Dusturm. I still need a few but not many. Do you have anything on the Weapon Master achievement?

Not really. Been pretty busy with work this week. I was only supposed to work 5 days this month but they keep adding last minutes jobs. I'm starting a new game soon and will record everything from look locations, cards, tapes, and weapons.

I can say that two of the weapons needed for Weapon Master are in Act 10 Scene 3, Ernst Chain & Sword.

Snitty 1
09-14-2011, 11:25 PM
I've just finished a playthrough using a different gamertag so i could pick up all the collectables again to make a guide. I've written down all the tape, tarrow card and look locations in the order they appear in the game. I don't have time to post the guide now but will do it tomorrow evening after work.
I didn't include all the weapons as there are a lot and most will appear several times throughout the game however i did make a note of some of the rarer ones such as the katana, stun baton, creature gloves, meat mincer, bone crusher, morning star, katara, reaper sythe, drill and golden hatchet.

Dusturm
09-15-2011, 12:16 AM
I've just finished a playthrough using a different gamertag so i could pick up all the collectables again to make a guide. I've written down all the tape, tarrow card and look locations in the order they appear in the game. I don't have time to post the guide now but will do it tomorrow evening after work.
I didn't include all the weapons as there are a lot and most will appear several times throughout the game however i did make a note of some of the rarer ones such as the katana, stun baton, creature gloves, meat mincer, bone crusher, morning star, katara, reaper sythe, drill and golden hatchet.

I already have a guide started for Sharp-Eyed Traveler.
It's mostly complete. If you have anymore, please post them and i'll add them.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=328577

GODLancelot
09-15-2011, 03:33 AM

As for 10-2, learn the pattern's. Don't bust the box in the first room, time your movement carefully with the spikes. Use the switch on the left, the right switch will kill you (in 10-2 if you see a dead body on the floor, you will die in that area). After using the switch, open the cabinet for test tubes, carefully use the test tubes on the two barrels on the left, three for the creature, and while looking at the locked door, turn around and the key is in the barrel on the left, use a test tube to destroy it before you risk the spikes. The next room, just time the wall spikes, then you'll go up a staircase, there are two spitters in the windows so keep your arms up ready to guard, don't bother fighting the little puppets, just kick them. In the nursery/bedroom, stay back from the lady, the purple whirl on the floor indicates spikes, so step back when you see it. The next room the chest with the key, bust it and immediately step back to avoid the spikes. In the dressing room, where the picture is, use the switch to turn off the spikes. In the final room, its a mixture of luck, timing and patience.There are 4 spitters, so if you rush, you'll be doing it blind and will probably die several feet from the finish line which is the ladder down, so be patient and careful.

HI it is great walkthrough the only suggestion I would give are 4:
1. Instead of using the tubes on the first barrel to the left, Just kick it or punch it (it doesnt have any spikes so its OK)
2. I use 2 test tubes on the creature and kick it two times. With the two test tubes remaining you can kill 1 spitter on the windows. OR
OR
2. Kick and punch the creature and use 4 test tubes 2 on each spitter.
3. Bust the chest from the side of the chest
4.You can stay on the rightmost side (where all the creatures/coffins are) Run to that side, kill it (or kick it towards the blade) when blades are far move to the next side, rinse and repeat till the last side. Watch for spitter, just mantain arms up when they are going to spit.

L0cke89
09-15-2011, 09:18 PM
Does someone know if you can quit to dashboard on torture and still get the achievement for no deaths at the end? There are just a few instant kill spots I really don't wanna run into after 3-4 hours :/

Snitty 1
09-15-2011, 09:49 PM
Yes i did it by pushing the guide button on my controller and quitting to the dashboard when i died. It does mean you must restart from the last checkpoint which can be a bit annoying but overall it's not too hard.

L0cke89
09-15-2011, 11:09 PM
Yes i did it by pushing the guide button on my controller and quitting to the dashboard when i died. It does mean you must restart from the last checkpoint which can be a bit annoying but overall it's not too hard.

Thanks, good to hear. 10 to 20 minutes is nothing compared to a full 3-4 hour run.

Though I better put the controller right next to me, so I can quit as soon as possible. Fortunatly, the You Are Dead sign appears after 4-5 seconds :D

Dusturm
09-16-2011, 12:20 AM
Thanks, good to hear. 10 to 20 minutes is nothing compared to a full 3-4 hour run.

Though I better put the controller right next to me, so I can quit as soon as possible. Fortunatly, the You Are Dead sign appears after 4-5 seconds :D

That's why I never dashboarded. It was eeasier and safer just to power down the xbox

Santa 8aby
09-16-2011, 12:20 AM

Yeah, I just completed my Torture run today and I can confirm that dashboarding works. I did exactly that; kept a controller next to me so I could hit the guide button before I died. Good luck!

L0cke89
09-16-2011, 01:16 AM
That's why I never dashboarded. It was eeasier and safer just to power down the xbox

Well, a wired controller won't shut off and it's faster than to boot up the xbox every time ^^

Just tried out Act 10 and man is it frustraiting to fight that many enemies at once. Someone got any tips for 10-1? I just keep getting killed within one second through 3 attacks at the same time in the cemetary. Also, how long is this one and do I need to kill a lot of zombies to get an A-rank?

Thanks.

GODLancelot
09-16-2011, 04:52 AM
Well, a wired controller won't shut off and it's faster than to boot up the xbox every time ^^

Just tried out Act 10 and man is it frustraiting to fight that many enemies at once. Someone got any tips for 10-1? I just keep getting killed within one second through 3 attacks at the same time in the cemetary. Also, how long is this one and do I need to kill a lot of zombies to get an A-rank?

Thanks.

Actually in Act 10-1 I got A the first time I FINISHED (yeah I died a lot of times) The most difficult part for me was the third room (infinite spawns) at first because I wanted to kill all (Stupid infinite), later because when I tried to flee some zombie catches me and made me turn around. The easiest way for me was:
Go to the second room kick the zombies before they wake up (explosive zombiesx4) Go to the third room inmediately go right take the shock knucles (to the left are Golden tubes). Run to the main corridor and while walking foward keep punching the zombies (with two they die) when near the banshee cover your ears (if she starts to scream), kick her and punch to kill. Kill whatever is between you and the door and go to the next room. Go upstairs.Inmediately in front of the stairs to the left there are ERnst Chain. (if you love them as me). Use them to kill all zombies, if confronted with lots of zombie kick them. Tu defeat bashee while screaming run towards her kick her (she will stop screaming) and kill her.From here on it is really easy, either you kill them all or run to the FINISH line to get more bonus time.

HOpe this helps you

L0cke89
09-16-2011, 05:50 AM
Actually in Act 10-1 I got A the first time I FINISHED (yeah I died a lot of times) The most difficult part for me was the third room (infinite spawns) at first because I wanted to kill all (Stupid infinite), later because when I tried to flee some zombie catches me and made me turn around. The easiest way for me was:
Go to the second room kick the zombies before they wake up (explosive zombiesx4) Go to the third room inmediately go right take the shock knucles (to the left are Golden tubes). Run to the main corridor and while walking foward keep punching the zombies (with two they die) when near the banshee cover your ears (if she starts to scream), kick her and punch to kill. Kill whatever is between you and the door and go to the next room. Go upstairs.Inmediately in front of the stairs to the left there are ERnst Chain. (if you love them as me). Use them to kill all zombies, if confronted with lots of zombie kick them. Tu defeat bashee while screaming run towards her kick her (she will stop screaming) and kill her.From here on it is really easy, either you kill them all or run to the FINISH line to get more bonus time.

HOpe this helps you

Thanks, so in the upper area there is a limited supply of zombies? That would makes things easier if I could concentrate on killing the big pile before moving on.

litepink
09-18-2011, 02:21 AM
Thanks, so in the upper area there is a limited supply of zombies? That would makes things easier if I could concentrate on killing the big pile before moving on.

Not sure if their limited, but the key up there is to only kill the monsters that are necessary, being the ones in your way. I had the Meat Mincer, and I kept walking forward, weaving in and out of guys and avoided fights whenever possible. If some got in my way I'd mince them and move on. If you skip guys they won't catch up unless you stall or get caught up on another creature for a long time. I used the Mincer (upstairs somewhere) the whole way after I got it.

--- --- ---

L0cke89
09-18-2011, 03:49 PM
Not sure if their limited, but the key up there is to only kill the monsters that are necessary, being the ones in your way. I had the Meat Mincer, and I kept walking forward, weaving in and out of guys and avoided fights whenever possible. If some got in my way I'd mince them and move on. If you skip guys they won't catch up unless you stall or get caught up on another creature for a long time. I used the Mincer (upstairs somewhere) the whole way after I got it.

--- --- ---

The only problem I have is with the auto-lock. I want to keep movong forward just punching the ones in my way, but I always turn around, because of the autolock after I kill an enemy, when I use auto-move to turn around, they sometimes get enough hits on me to kill me ._.

Well, I think I'm going to finish No Mercy for now and try again later.

litepink
09-18-2011, 09:52 PM
The only problem I have is with the auto-lock. I want to keep movong forward just punching the ones in my way, but I always turn around, because of the autolock after I kill an enemy, when I use auto-move to turn around, they sometimes get enough hits on me to kill me ._.

Well, I think I'm going to finish No Mercy for now and try again later.

That's what is nice about the Meat Mincer, i'd keep my hands at my side, then lift for a single creature or perhaps 2-3. I think there's no auto lock with powered weapons.

But yes, the autolock gets VERY frustrating in 10-3 with the chefs.

Silent Skeelz
09-28-2011, 06:29 PM
Sorry I haven't been updating the guide that often. I've been playing Gears 3 and have been busy with other things. I'm trying to catch up here and there.

tmashinter
09-30-2011, 12:13 PM
Multi-hitter:

I found this really easy using the magic glove thing you put on. As soon as you get the glove, you start fighting guys out in some kind of magical courtyard. Anyways, let them crowd around you, then just back up a bit and FULLY CHARGE the glove (the longer you hold the pose the more powerful it gets). Let loose and the charge will blow them all to smithereens.

Daniel55645
10-02-2011, 03:02 AM
is there a roadmap to this game yet. i need to know how long this game is going to take

Tyger7
12-09-2011, 08:49 PM
Just suggesting to add the achievement tiles and possibly edit the format a bit so there is no italics. That is if you're still working on this one!