PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a tip for bashing a door on the first try?

Free Beer
09-07-2011, 07:46 PM
Idk what my problem is, But I just cant seem to get this. I'm always off. I've even hit right in the middle a couple times and it hasnt popped. My buddy said you have to be DEAD center. I just cant figure out the trick to it. Anyone have any tips that might help?? :confused:

Brutalize
09-07-2011, 07:49 PM
I have the same problem, that is why I unlocked the tackle skill. Now I just plow through every door with my shoulder :)

RAMROD DC
09-07-2011, 07:58 PM
I don't know if there is a good technique for it. I just randomly got it last night, the marker wasn't even in the center for me when it happened. Just keep bashing away

ofay
09-07-2011, 08:13 PM
You just have to be in the white, there's a slight delay so anticipate it and you'll get it. Also you can hold down and watch it pass to get the timing it will keep going up and down no penalty

Herr Shaun
09-07-2011, 08:29 PM
It takes a while to get this. If you hit it too soon or too early, memorize where you hit it and try to get a little closer each time.

Also, it can't be just touching the red, it has to be within it. Don't worry, there are plenty of doors that need breaking down in the game, tons of opportunities.

niko da bos
09-07-2011, 08:40 PM
glad someone made a thread on this so i didnt have to lol. i understand the goal, but its just so hard to get that marker in the middle. the little delay after you start gets me to goof up each time, did you guys get used to this "mini-game" thingy after 10 or so doors?

because i have failed at like atleast 7 :(. when i was playing with a buddy from the site neither of us could get it down, lol. also its funny to NOT see the animations when watching your buddy. he doesnt knee the door, it just looks like they are picking the lock or something.

Tai_MT
09-07-2011, 10:20 PM
I hated this achievement with a passion. Basically, you have to hit it DEAD CENTER. It's about exact timing. I just smashed enough doors to FINALLY get it on luck.

And don't worry if you keep failing. If you leave an area for a while (as in, let the game "unload" it) and then come back, all the doors are bashable again, and all the stuff is lootable again.

Just keep trying. You're bound to get it eventually. Especially if you keep letting the areas respawn.

exsiben
09-08-2011, 12:26 AM
This was actually my first achievement. It took me a handful of tries tho. There seems to be a bit of lag in the response of the stick so I'd say try not to wait until its in the red to react you have to go early right before it hits the red.

JuSt BLaZe
09-08-2011, 02:28 AM
Baaaaadaaaaaaass by PowerPyx

Dead Island - Knock, knock Trophy / Achievement Guide - YouTube

I did it later on though, you will come pass many doors like that. Gotta get used to the rhythm & right timing.

Qu1etMan
09-08-2011, 02:39 AM
Another good spot for this achievement is in the Lifeguard station after everyone arrives. The doctor gives you a mission where you to break down the door he's standing in front of, there is an autosave just before hand and what I did was just keeping reloading that checkpoint until I got the door in one hit.

Gackt
09-08-2011, 04:46 AM
Use the Black guy, he has a skill that lets him slam into enemies and knock them down, it also works for smashing through a door.