PDA

View Full Version : Worth it?

RBmaster9345
09-07-2011, 11:22 PM
This game actually looks pretty sweet and it reminds me a lot of Gaunlet Legends from my childhood so I kinda wanna get it but what do you guys think?

Megaseven
09-08-2011, 12:50 AM
Whoops. I thought it was free and now I see it's not really.

No idea yet. I'll let you know after I've checked it out a bit more.

Andreas_loel
09-08-2011, 01:09 AM
Its a dotw game, not worth 1200 msp imo

Aagame
09-08-2011, 05:20 AM
If you ever played any of the Gauntlet games (and enjoyed them), I suggest it. VERY similar to those.

13ip0lar
09-08-2011, 08:44 AM
This game actually looks pretty sweet and it reminds me a lot of Gaunlet Legends from my childhood so I kinda wanna get it but what do you guys think?

If you ever played any of the Gauntlet games (and enjoyed them), I suggest it. VERY similar to those.
I can't believe you mentioned these games. I was born 88 and my bro in 89, and even though he's not nearly as hardcore of a gamer as me, there use to be this pizza/arcade joint when we lived in Texas, and we played the hell out of Legends. Good times...

Its a dotw game, not worth 1200 msp imo

I'm surprised to hear you say that considering how much you liked D&D: Daggerdale. Is it really not that good? I'm more surprised that it's free but the classes cost money. That kind of pisses me off.

VashPR
09-08-2011, 09:40 AM

I reiterate this statement. I did enjoy this game and will continue to enjoy it. Yet i do think the story is a tad short and ends abruptly. But all in all i loved it.

Andreas_loel
09-08-2011, 10:35 AM
I'm surprised to hear you say that considering how much you liked D&D: Daggerdale. Is it really not that good? I'm more surprised that it's free but the classes cost money. That kind of pisses me off.

Daggerdale had:

Lvling/exp
Loot (As in color coded real shit)
Free camera (Not as chaotic)
A combat that felt a bit like WoW (Which i prefer)
Talent trees
Healing class
Vendor system
Fun classes

Crimson Alliance has:
Shared screen (Ew fuck that)
No lvling/No exp
Spam y/x combat
star coded loot and in the end you just buy the best stuff
No talent trees
No lvling

I had more fun playing trough Daggerdale, but then again i kinda prefered Daggerdales style compared to this. Crimson alliance wants to be an A-rpg but dont really make it trough, this is basically what Torchlight is without lvling and if you only spam 1 button.

Its not all bad but its not what i hoped for when i first saw it, the devs said i would be happy to play this and they were right but they also forgot to mention that after ive gold stared everything there is nothing left for me.

Star Collapse
09-08-2011, 12:08 PM
You also forgot that 360's version of daggerdale had terrific amount of screen tearing and frame drops, the art style was also mediocre. At least this game looks good and combat feels better. (that is only my opinion) Co-op in CA is crappy though - too much lags with 4 ppl, combat feels chaotic with more than 2 people at a time and you just pwn everything like an unstoppable rainbow flavored tsunami.