PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill 2 and 3 listed as 2 separate games?

Apple2Forever
09-08-2011, 11:57 AM
Any word on whether they will actually be two separate achievement lists or just 1000gs for "Silent Hill HD Collection"?

TVthePunisher
09-09-2011, 11:10 AM
If they are released virtually at any point, I imagine they'd have separate lists then. But it looks like it's mainly coming out as a retail package, now this was originally a PS3 only deal and all the other HD collections on the PS3 had separate trophy lists so I imagine that these games, too, will receive that treatment.

Kage Phantom
09-13-2011, 08:38 PM
I Pre-ordered this from Gamestop as one set. If that helps.

The Pants Party
09-13-2011, 09:16 PM
They will be two separate XBLA games (200G each). The collection just puts them both on a disc for convenience like any XBLA collection (Triple Pack with Limbo, Trials and Splosion Man for instance).

8BitSoul
10-02-2011, 09:44 PM
I'm pretty sure these games will recieve the same treatment the recently releases Resident Evil HD games did. They were also released on a single disc in Japan, but had seperate achievement /trophy lists. Also, seeing as how the retail price is way above that of Arcade retail releases (like Monkey Island, Serious Sam etc), I would assume this means they are treated as full games. If they get a single list of 1000g or two seperate 1000 lists, however, is yet to be confirmed.

The Pants Party
10-03-2011, 01:23 AM
I'm pretty sure these games will recieve the same treatment the recently releases Resident Evil HD games did. They were also released on a single disc in Japan, but had seperate achievement /trophy lists. Also, seeing as how the retail price is way above that of Arcade retail releases (like Monkey Island, Serious Sam etc), I would assume this means they are treated as full games. If they get a single list of 1000g or two seperate 1000 lists, however, is yet to be confirmed.

Not to be a dick, but I confirmed it the post directly before you. These are going to be on the XBLA service. Games on this receive a maximum of 200G. The RE remakes were on the Games on Demand service, which is the digital platform for full retail games, hence why they received 1000G. Crysis will also be on the GOD service. However, these will not.

8BitSoul
10-03-2011, 02:06 AM
Not to be a dick, but I confirmed it the post directly before you. These are going to be on the XBLA service. Games on this receive a maximum of 200G. The RE remakes were on the Games on Demand service, which is the digital platform for full retail games, hence why they received 1000G. Crysis will also be on the GOD service. However, these will not.
You are not a dick for pointing it out. And if you were, who cares? It's the internet!:P I am well aware of the difference between Arcade titles and GOD. I just assumed they would appear on GOD due to the recent trend of charging more for the games, hence more achievements, due to the games being listed as full retail games. If it has already been confirmed that these games will be released as Arcade titles, then I will not argue against it. But do you have a link to an official confirmation from Konami? Where exactly has this been confirmed? I have been curious to see if they would end up being retail or Arcade. It's not that I don't believe you, I just want to read the confirmation myself;)

TVthePunisher
10-03-2011, 04:57 AM
I'd also like to see the confirmation, because this is all rather puzzling why they are confirmed to be XBLA. I'd also like to point out that the RE remake for Code: Veronica X is well within the limit of being an arcade title (it is under 2 GB, even smaller than Ms. Splosion Man at over 1.9GB which also fits the arcade 200 format) yet still retains the 1000G (likely due to the fact that RE4HD also is a thousand G, would be out of place otherwise I assume). Someone also said that you referred to Metal Gear Solid 3 as a 200G title. I highly doubt it would fit within the 2GB rule, as it is supposed to contain Metal Gear 1 and 2 as well as all the extras that came with them. If that were the case, then I imagine the game would be about the size of Resident Evil 4 HD at at least 3.5 GB. I also don't really see Metal Gear Solid 2 being that much smaller than Code Veronica, but based on the achievement icons I saw AT LEAST 43 for Metal Gear Solid 3. Divide 200 by 43...and that just...doesn't make sense.

I don't trust the 2GB rule anymore when several games can break it and I just want to make sure an official word from Konami claims they'll be on XBLA, rather than a say-so from someone else (no offense).

The Pants Party
10-03-2011, 11:31 AM
Metal Gear confirmation:
http://www.konami.com/officialsites/kjpe3/hd_mgs.php

*Digital Download Versions are planned to be distributed via PlayStationŽStore, Xbox LiveŽ ARCADESadly I can't find the site I read the Silent Hill confirmation on, but it was similar to that. And like you said, the SH games are smaller than MGS. It's really up to the publisher. Obviously Capcom wanted GOD, looks like Konami would prefer XBLA.

What do you mean you saw 43 achievement icons?

8BitSoul
10-03-2011, 01:09 PM
Metal Gear confirmation:
http://www.konami.com/officialsites/kjpe3/hd_mgs.php

Sadly I can't find the site I read the Silent Hill confirmation on, but it was similar to that. And like you said, the SH games are smaller than MGS. It's really up to the publisher. Obviously Capcom wanted GOD, looks like Konami would prefer XBLA.
Honestly, I'm still not so sure about this... I have been searching all over the web for answers to this, and nothing shows up. There is still very little information regarding the HD collection, and close to none regarding it's achievements and wether it's retail or Arcade. It hasn't been confirmed for Arcade at the moment, I know that much... Which leads me to believe, it is still a retail game, seeing as at the moment, it's still only being released on a disc... Please post this so-called confirmation "link", if you happen to stumble upon it again!

Dr Damien G
11-12-2011, 02:07 PM
http://www.oxm.co.uk/xbox-360/survival-horror/10618/silent-hill-hd-collection/

This means nothing but tell me that doesnt look like a retail case. Then again heres to hoping its not arcade... :confused:

forsakenh3ro
12-29-2011, 01:55 AM
its not a complete set unless #1 is in it. Wonder why they are jipping us on that one. They did the same thing to the metal gear HD pack.

TVthePunisher
12-29-2011, 07:06 AM
Maybe they'll remake Silent Hill (again) like I've heard plans of them remaking the first Metal Gear Solid. I just hope this remake is much better than Shattered Memories...

KashThePriest
01-04-2012, 01:33 PM
I don't get it, they are calling this Silent Hill HD collection which made me assume that 1-3 would be on it but 1 isn't on it?

The Pants Party
01-04-2012, 04:16 PM
I don't get it, they are calling this Silent Hill HD collection which made me assume that 1-3 would be on it but 1 isn't on it?

The first game is not in it, correct. It's still a "collection" though - it collects two games.

HabsCen10ial
01-05-2012, 07:50 PM
As much as I love achievements I would rather pay less money for an XBLA game with 200G then pay more for a GOD with 1000g.

Either way I will be getting my Silent Hill fix this year :woop:

KashThePriest
01-10-2012, 01:24 PM
The first game is not in it, correct. It's still a "collection" though - it collects two games.

Yeah you're right, but I still woulda preferred all 3 on one disc

TVthePunisher
01-10-2012, 11:38 PM
Here's to hoping that the apparent delay is tossing in the first Silent Hill =P Super Secret Confidential visual upgrade that would be a VERY NICE surprise to see on the collection. "How could they keep a lid on it?"...they wanted to shock the Pants off ya! =X

Ah only a dream though...they didn't release the first Metal Gear Solid on the 360...maybe Konami will remake it (again) with MGS4/MGR:V graphics...oh that would be sweet.

Ceris
01-27-2012, 02:59 AM
Read an article that says Silent Hill HD Collection could be released as 2 different games via XBL. LINK (http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/26/is-silent-hill-hd-collection-also-coming-to-psn-and-xbla/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+siliconera%2FMkOc+%28Silicone ra%29)
With help from Bluepoint Games, Konami remastered three Metal Gear Solid games and sold them on a single disc as Metal Gear Solid HD Collection. Then Konami split up the package and sold each game separately on PlayStation Network in Japan. Metal Gear Solid 2, 3, and Peace Walker will also be re-released on Xbox Live Arcade later this year.

It appears Konami will use the same strategy for Silent Hill HD Collection. Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3 were rated as standalone PS3 and Xbox 360 titles by PEGI, Europe’s video game rating board.

Silent Hill HD Collection, the retail version, is slated for release on March 6 in North America.

I hope like MGS it will be treated as full retail games in terms of achievements.

TVthePunisher
01-27-2012, 04:04 AM
Read an article that says Silent Hill HD Collection could be released as 2 different games via XBL. LINK (http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/26/is-silent-hill-hd-collection-also-coming-to-psn-and-xbla/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+siliconera%2FMkOc+%28Silicone ra%29)

I hope like MGS it will be treated as full retail games in terms of achievements.

Wait what? So me completing Metal Gear Solid HD will mean I can now complete Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 as separate gamerscores? The PS3 got individual lists for MGS2/MGS3, I wonder if we'll get the same...holy crap, more gamerscore for the same game. But I don't know...do I really want to REDO Virtually Impossible?!

Tyger7
01-27-2012, 04:54 AM
They are over-priced without having 1000. At least the 40 I would justify with 1000 points, but not with 400 total. Pricing should be $29.99

Kind of confused why they went the route they did. I figured Silent Hill 1 was not on the disc because it was going to be XBLA (smaller game). But if 2 and 3 are going to just be XBLA, then why not have added 1 on? In my eyes, an HD collection should at least have the first one because it should attract newcomers who have never played the games beforehand (IE newer generation). I don't get why they are not releasing the 1st game nor why they are only allowing 200 points each game. It's said because the games are possibly too small to be a games on demand...well if they would pack all the 3 games into one disc/download, then that might have worked.

Disappointed? Very much so.

Why does Assault on Dark Athena do this perfectly and no one learned from it? They tied in the Xbox original and added the new game on one disc, making it 1000 points.

TVthePunisher
01-27-2012, 07:17 AM
Plus the Devil May Cry collection, they did it right...3 games, a 1000 gamerscore. ALL 3 games and the whole series can be played on the 360 (with 4 as its own separate title and the reboot dMc or whatever later on).

The Orange Box is...well, I honestly don't know. That's Half Life 2, then Episode 1 and 2, Portal and Team Fortress 2 (or is it 1, I don't know...I never messed with it). Not really a Half-Life collection perse but just a bunch of Valve titles melded into one 99 achievement 1000. The original wasn't included nor were the other two games (expansions?)...and it doesn't really make sense because if someone's interested in the original story where is the profit in them picking up a used copy of the original game?

It's weird too, the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection omits Metal Gear Solid 1 however the essentials collection on the PS2 has all three games included. Plus the versions of MGS2 and MGS3 are the same we have in the HD collection. Maybe released later on but if there's no plans to release it separately...why not try to bundle it in with the other games? It just seems silly for pulling in new fans to not enjoy the original.

/rant over.

Ififallx
01-27-2012, 06:03 PM
I don't understand how can we pay 40 bucks and not get 1000 gs?
they're being released in STORES just like metal gear, so uhh... wouldnt they do the exact same thing for sh as mgs??? mgs came with 2000 achievement points to offer at 50 bucks...if its 400 for 40 with sh...ill wait till it drops to 15 bucks not worth my time. i love the games, i still own a ps2 and have been playing sh2 nonstop. but i want achievements. up to 1000... bullshit :uzi:

epicrage
03-05-2012, 07:20 PM
Looks like it's a full 1000! I was hoping for a 1000 for each game (or 2 platinum trophies on PS3) but I guess it's better than only 200/200 for each game. Looks like it will be a tough 1000 as well what with the complete the game with only 2 saves for both Silent Hill 2 and 3!

FireFlow PL
03-17-2012, 12:09 AM
check this (today news)

http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/silent-hill-3-hd/trophies/

sh3 on PS3 has single platinium so xbox should have also 1000 per game