PDA

View Full Version : Just one question....

Josh Benton
09-08-2011, 12:52 PM
I'm in the UK and it doesn't release until tomorrow (9th September), i'm definetly picking the game. Can't wait for it.

But i was wondering if from the very beginning you could free roam, as in.
Is the whole island opened up to you, or does it open up as you progress through the story?

I guess i'm not too fussed either way, but as with Fallout 3 and NV i loved gathering supplies, exploring and coming across side quests just wondered if you could do this from the start?

Cheers.
Josh.

seahn
09-08-2011, 12:57 PM
I'm in the UK and it doesn't release until tomorrow (9th September), i'm definetly picking the game. Can't wait for it.

But i was wondering if from the very beginning you could free roam, as in.
Is the whole island opened up to you, or does it open up as you progress through the story?

I guess i'm not too fussed either way, but as with Fallout 3 and NV i loved gathering supplies, exploring and coming across side quests just wondered if you could do this from the start?

Cheers.
Josh.

you start off in a part of the map called resort, and you can freely explore that area, and as you progress threw the story, you will travel to new locations. you are also given the ability to quick travel at certain location, so you are able to transition between the areas fairly easy...

it really is much like borderlands in how you go from one area to another... (not with the portals or anything, just in the way they are setup i guess, hahaha, hope i am making sense)

and honestly, supplies are alot different in this game, as crafting supplies dont fill you actually inventory, they are just there, but weapons and consumables such as med kits, and alcohol occupy your actual inventory... and you basically search different containers and then find either money, or different crafting items...

Josh Benton
09-08-2011, 01:07 PM
you start off in a part of the map called resort, and you can freely explore that area, and as you progress threw the story, you will travel to new locations. you are also given the ability to quick travel at certain location, so you are able to transition between the areas fairly easy...

it really is much like borderlands in how you go from one area to another... (not with the portals or anything, just in the way they are setup i guess, hahaha, hope i am making sense)

and honestly, supplies are alot different in this game, as crafting supplies dont fill you actually inventory, they are just there, but weapons and consumables such as med kits, and alcohol occupy your actual inventory... and you basically search different containers and then find either money, or different crafting items...

Ohh right, that's ok. It's a shame that there are loading times between areas, i was hoping it would be just one big area.

Still that's ok.

Although i am lead to ask another question now..... last one ;)

When doing Co Op do all your parteners have to agree to load into a different area, or can you go into a new area and leave your parteners there?

That was the main problem with Dead Rising 2, because your mate had to be close to a new area for you to go there also.....

Cheers.

seahn
09-08-2011, 01:14 PM
Ohh right, that's ok. It's a shame that there are loading times between areas, i was hoping it would be just one big area.

Still that's ok.

Although i am lead to ask another question now..... last one ;)

When doing Co Op do all your parteners have to agree to load into a different area, or can you go into a new area and leave your parteners there?

That was the main problem with Dead Rising 2, because your mate had to be close to a new area for you to go there also.....

Cheers.

yes, to travel, and for main story quests you have to have your co-op partners within like a 10 foot radius... but honestly your best bet in this game is to stay together as much as possible, so its not that much of a pain... side quest can be received and completed without co-op partners being near, though each player will have to collect their reward from the quest giver (quests give you xp, as well as rewards such as weapons, mods, or money)...

money, and xp are shared (not exactly sure to what extent xp is shared) threwout the group, so if i pick up $15 and you are elsewhere, you still get that $15, unless of coarse the money is a cash reward for a quest, where as stated before, you will have to individually collect...