PDA

View Full Version : First Tarot Card?

Brianzilla2004
09-09-2011, 08:16 AM
So, after two playthroughs, I've collected all of the audio logs and all but one of the Tarot Cards. The one card I need also happens to be the first one listed.

Does anyone know where the card is? Is it even in the main game? I'm wondering if it's in Chapter 10, which I haven't gotten into yet.

Detainee 1304
09-09-2011, 07:01 PM
I have all the cards, I can't remember which one the first one is. Did you get the two on the train, one at the beginning and one during the "dream stage"?

HQC
09-09-2011, 07:12 PM
I just found the first Tarot card. After the train derailment, and the bit where you have to run towards the Russian Soldier, there is a cut scene where all the survivors decide to move forward through the forest. After the cutscene look at the man who decided to stay in the cave. From there pan left and the tarot card is near the edge of the water, Card I: The Magician.

Detainee 1304
09-09-2011, 07:40 PM
Forgot to mention; you will find all of the cards in the main story, not Chapter 10. For anyone having trouble, I recommend turning the brightness up all the way, I thought it helped make weapons and collectables stick out more. Also it doesn't matter how thoroughly you've checked a section, if you revisit it in another chapter or after a cutscene, check it again.

Brianzilla2004
09-09-2011, 08:12 PM
I just found the first Tarot card. After the train derailment, and the bit where you have to run towards the Russian Soldier, there is a cut scene where all the survivors decide to move forward through the forest. After the cutscene look at the man who decided to stay in the cave. From there pan left and the tarot card is near the edge of the water, Card I: The Magician.

That's not the one. There are a total of 22 Tarot Cards, but if you look, you'll notice that The Magician, labeled with the number "I," is actually the second on the list. The final card is labeled "XXI," so apparently the first card would be a "0" of sorts. Sort of like how there's an Act 0.

Are there any Tarot Cards during Act 0?

HQC
09-10-2011, 09:24 AM
That's not the one. There are a total of 22 Tarot Cards, but if you look, you'll notice that The Magician, labeled with the number "I," is actually the second on the list. The final card is labeled "XXI," so apparently the first card would be a "0" of sorts. Sort of like how there's an Act 0.

Are there any Tarot Cards during Act 0?

I just found it. It was Tarot Card 0. It is on the train in the first act. When you come to the dining car and encounter the guy on the cell phone, perform the "Sidestep" move and turn completely around. It will be on the table to the right of the door that you orignally entered. I used Stage Select to grab this one, as it was the last one I needed for the cheevo.

Brianzilla2004
09-10-2011, 12:34 PM
I just found it. It was Tarot Card 0. It is on the train in the first act. When you come to the dining car and encounter the guy on the cell phone, perform the "Sidestep" move and turn completely around. It will be on the table to the right of the door that you orignally entered. I used Stage Select to grab this one, as it was the last one I needed for the cheevo.

You're awesome dude! I can't believe I passed by that thing so many times. I was so thorough too. The thing just wouldn't let you pick it up unless you were going at it from right in front of the table.