PDA

View Full Version : Skull Location Thread

Free Beer
09-09-2011, 04:14 PM
Ok ok ok, I know there's a thread about the skulls already. Props to Bringin SXC bak (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=169370)for giving us his info. But I figured I'd make a thread that is more organized so we can map these things out. Feel free to post what you find and all accurate and relevant information will be added to benefit us all. Thanks in advance for the help, lets find these fuckers.

So far we seem to "know" of 5 Skulls:

~ Orange
~ Blue
~ Brown
~ Purple
~ Green

• It also seems that these skulls may not always spawn in the same spots, but I have a hunch that there's a set hand-full of spot that certain skulls will spawn.

• We know the skulls reward us with mods.

• We know that once a skull is found, each one has a certain location that the skull must be "placed."

• Note: The skulls do NOT show up in your inventory, so don't tweek if you pick it up and don't see it on your list. This is not a glitch.

So here we go...

The Orange Skull

Location(s)
~ In Act II, after you travel through the Sewers and first reach the Supermarket. At the VERY FIRST stair case that you come across that you have to go up, go behind it and you will find a metal chest and some shopping carts. Inside one of the shopping carts will be the Orange Skull.

~ Others have said they found this skull somewhere in the Sewers before its drop point. When I get an exact Location I will add it.

Drop Point

In the Sewer shortly before you get to the Supermarket you ill be in a long room will a centralized trench full of toxic waste. I've seen there be a Floater in the area 2 out of the 3 times Ive been through it. Also in the middle of the room there is a refrigerator sticking out of the waste near the edge that has Energy Drinks in it. on the left side of this room you will find a ladder. At the top of the ladder you will be on a small platform with a single walker on the ground sitting against the wall, and a door to your right. Go in the door and in the left corner of the room behind some junk and boxes is a pile of White Skulls with an arrow point down to the top of them. You will be prompted to place the skull on top of the pile. And POOF! This video will help (Thank you XxSKETCHxX313)

Dead Island: Orange skull pickup and dropoff locations - YouTube

Reward: developers no. 1 craft

The Blue Skull

Location(s)
~ So far I've only heard of this skull being in this set location. In Act II in the City there is a Side Quest called "Uninvited Guests" where you have to kill the Zombies in this girl Alicia's apartment. Once you get through the apartment and get upstairs theres a room that I guess is a kitchen, it has a stove in it with a burner on, across the hall is another room, when you enter the doorway to the left is a cabinet-type thing with a glass door on it. Inside sitting on a shelf is the Blue Skull. You have to smash the glass before you can pick it up.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The drop point for the Purple Skull is in Alicia's kitchen in this apartment, I haven't tested it yet, but I've been told that once you exit this apartment you can't get back in. So if you're planning on getting the Purple Skull, WAIT TO GO GET THE BLUE ONE!

Posted by "Dayam": Also I can confirm that you can reenter Alicia's Apartment AS LONG AS YOU DON'T TALK TO HER. I found the drop off for the purple skull, left the building and got the skull and returned. As long as the quest is active I believe you can go back into the building.

Look under the Purple Skull for a vid that shows the drop location for Purple and the pick up location for Blue.

Drop Point

Back at the Resort (Yes, Act I, you can fast travel back there at any fast travel location, I recommend the Life Gaurd tower.) In the South East corner of the map there is a bunker that if crowded by a hand full of zombies, and a guy trapped by them. Follow the beach, its hard to miss, you'll know it when you see it. Kill the zombies (Obviously) and free him, he will lead you inside and in the main room there's a manhole cover on the ground, which serves as a portal to another bunker on the other side of the map. Once you go through it you will be in a room with two doors and a ladder. One door has boxes in front of it, ignore this door. In the other corner of the room on the other side of a pile of junk there is another door. You need to go up the ladder and pick up one of the red gas tanks up there and drop it down, place it in front of the door and shoot it to blow up the door. In side the room there will be a square indentation on the wall will a skull to the right of it, and an empty space for a skull to the left of it, place the Blue Skull and POOF! Teddy Bears for everyone. This video will help.

Dead island: Blue skull drop location - YouTube

Reward: developers no. 3 craft

The Brown Skull

Location(s)
~ Back at the Act I Resort area. Its located in the bunker on the downstairs floor by the lighthouse. (its the first bunker you get into through story progression) This is kind of tough for me to explain because I haven't physically gone and gotten this one yet, but I found this video on youtube that shows where it is.

Dead Island: Brown Skull location / Drop location - YouTube

Drop Point
You have to climb therock mountain on the east coast of the island and its at the very top. Theres a couple skulls sitting on the rocks and you place it on top. This video shows you perfectly how to get there.

Dead Island Brown Skull location and mod location - YouTube

Reward: developer 666 craft

The Purple Skull

Location(s)
~ In the sewers of Act II again. Just enter the sewers in front of the church and follow the path. This video makes it pretty easy to find:

Dead Island: Purple Skull location - YouTube

Drop Point
As I previously stated at the Blue Skull, the Drop Point for this one is in Alicia's bedroom in her apartment, right across the hall from where you find the Blue Skull. This video will help, it also shows where you can pick up the blue skull.

Dead Island: Purple Skull location - YouTube

Reward: developer no. 4 craft "just mindblowinf craft by Simon!"

The Green Skull

Go to the southwest gas station on the island. Head towards the right to the mountains. The mountain near the water you can climb around. sitting in a tool box.

Green Skull-Dead Island - YouTube
Courtesy of TLOR FETT

Drop Point
Go to the supermarket. Head towards the little eating area. There should be an Aisle of teddy bears with a green floor and a flashlight shining on the teady bear. Haven't tried it yet, though.

Courtesy of FlyBoy120586 via GameFaqs forum poster Deatharises77.

Dead Island Green Skull Dropoff Location - YouTube
video courtesy of FlyBoy120586

Reward: developers no. 2 craft

Thats pretty much all I have so far. Waiting on news for new skulls, maybe Red and Green? If anyone has additional info please post it. Thanks a lot! Hope this helped!

Free Beer
09-09-2011, 04:15 PM
Reserved for additional content

XxSKETCHxX313
09-09-2011, 04:25 PM
EDIT: deleted to make thread shorter. All info in first post.

Dayam
09-09-2011, 04:32 PM
Great Guide! Can't wait to find them all.

Anyway just a few things I noticed.

The Purple skull drop off location is in the kitchen lol, not bedroom. Be kinda weird having a stove in the bedroom.

Also I can confirm that you can reenter Alicia's Apartment AS LONG AS YOU DON'T TALK TO HER. I found the drop off for the purple skull, left the building and got the skull and returned. As long as the quest is active I believe you can go back into the building.

Anthonymrb
09-09-2011, 04:37 PM
Can someone please explain to me exactly what these skulls are for?

Dayam
09-09-2011, 04:40 PM
You get special modifications from them when you deliver them to their locations.

They require 5x Diamonds + 10000$ to create. So save those diamonds.

roadkillsamich
09-09-2011, 04:51 PM
you can get mutiple diamonds for colleting brand champagne. just grind the champange!

Anthonymrb
09-09-2011, 05:21 PM
Thank you for explaining.

Free Beer
09-09-2011, 05:54 PM
you can get mutiple diamonds for colleting brand champagne. just grind the champange!

Yes, with the item glitch its quite easy. Eith either diamonds or Champagne, if you or your buddy has some of either have them come in, drop them on the ground, then dashboard, and rejoin. Rinse and repeat. Diamonds for EVERYONNNNNE! Without having to talk to that annoying drunk slut. :woop:

xCGIx PUNISHER
09-09-2011, 06:02 PM
*Spoilers*

The Developer 666 craft is the by far the best one though. I have 2 of the others (Purple and Blue) and although they're unbelievable weapons (one has a 100% chance of critical and the other has a 75% chance) they don't make the game as easy as 666 does. It's basically an instant shock-knockdown attack that requires the use of all your stamina. Which means whenever you run into a special zombie you can instantly knock him down and curb stomp him for an instant kill. Really helps against high-level Rams, Thugs, and Butchers.

Free Beer
09-09-2011, 06:38 PM
I just really hope that there is more than 4 skulls.

ofay
09-09-2011, 07:21 PM
Can you please post what the blue prints do, maybe use spoiler tags for those who don't want to see

Free Beer
09-09-2011, 07:27 PM
Can you please post what the blue prints do, maybe use spoiler tags for those who don't want to see

not 100% on what each does, havent had a chance to build them myself. If you got the info lemme know and ill add it

Any idea how i can get this thread stickied??

ofay
09-09-2011, 07:47 PM
not 100% on what each does, havent had a chance to build them myself. If you got the info lemme know and ill add it

Any idea how i can get this thread stickied??
As it gets completed a mod should stickie it. I haven't found any skulls just wondering what you get to determining if I want to find them.

And btw look who's not too lazy to do a guide, lol. I knew you could do it

xCGIx PUNISHER
09-09-2011, 07:52 PM
I think there is a definite possibility that there are 2 skulls missing. Because with the 4 that we've found, the developer's craft goes 1, 3, 4, and 666. With 666 just being a clever way of doing the 6th developer mod that fits in with the theme of the game. So there's a possibility we're still missing skulls 2 and 5.

Soleman
09-09-2011, 08:38 PM
I think there is a definite possibility that there are 2 skulls missing. Because with the 4 that we've found, the developer's craft goes 1, 3, 4, and 666. With 666 just being a clever way of doing the 6th developer mod that fits in with the theme of the game. So there's a possibility we're still missing skulls 2 and 5.

I agree, me and acouple friends were talking about this, just cant beleave no1 has found any in the Jungle yet with all of those skulls just chillin on pikes lol

hayabusaDGO
09-09-2011, 10:17 PM
just made it 3 now
1.electro military knife...poor:mad: give my diamonds back!
2.mindblowing military knife...it spec +75% instant kill but i think it's 100% instant kill good!
3.left hand of glova...best weapon! push thug down
then curb stomp with xian easily!(i will try it with jason lol)

XxSKETCHxX313
09-10-2011, 12:30 AM
I made the Left hand of Glova... but when i fire it nothing happens... am i missing something?

TLOR FETT
09-10-2011, 12:41 AM
Green Skull-Dead Island - YouTube

Green skull guys

XxSKETCHxX313
09-10-2011, 01:06 AM
Green Skull-Dead Island - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWXP3BgM7Pk)

Green skull guys
good find
now where to place it...

TLOR FETT
09-10-2011, 01:09 AM
good find
now where to place it...

No idea, best friend and I started back on the missions over searching for the spot

FlyBoy120586
09-10-2011, 01:20 AM
Found this on Gamefaqs, and all credit goes to the original poster: username Deatharises77

Green Skull.. PICK UP - Go to the southwest gas station on the island. Head towards the right to the mountains. The mountain near the water you can climb around. siting in a tool box. DROP OFF - Go to the supermarket. Head towards the little eating area. There should be an Aisle of teddy bears with a green floor and a flashlight shining on the teady bear.

EDIT:

CONFIRMED.
Video soon, probably

Deception975
09-10-2011, 02:11 AM
That is the correct drop off for the green skull, me and some friends just did it. Dev Mod No 2, Cr33zz Revenge for a baseball bat.

TLOR FETT
09-10-2011, 02:17 AM
Found this on Gamefaqs, and all credit goes to the original poster: username Deatharises77

EDIT:

CONFIRMED.
Video soon, probably

Can you get back their once you have hit Jungle? If so how?

FlyBoy120586
09-10-2011, 02:25 AM
Can you get back their once you have hit Jungle? If so how?

Right now I am in the Jungle right before the Prison. Fast travel to the Church in the city and run to the nearest sewer.
Try to remember how to get to the city hall and then to the Supermarket from there.
Basically:
Church>Sewer>City Hall>Sewer>Supermarket

Video I recorded:
Dead Island Green Skull Dropoff Location - YouTube

Sorry for terrible quality but I don't have a capture card

Soleman
09-10-2011, 03:33 AM
the Green Skull give this

"developer's no. 2 craft" - "this is cr33zz revenge for endless crunch!"
Parts Needed - 1x Battery, 5x Diamonds (and of course $10,000)

Free Beer
09-10-2011, 07:03 AM
Thanks for all the help guys! Confirmed Green Skull just a bit ago. I have all 5 and all 5 mods now. Waiting to see which one surfaces next! Start searching!

gealt
09-10-2011, 08:11 AM
First off thanks for this thread. I already have the orange and brown skulls done. I'm trying to do the others but I can't figure out from these guides which sewer entrances I need to use to get where I need to go. Instead of saying "the closest sewer to the church" (theres a few close to it and none look like the ones in the vids, to me anyway), would it be possible for someone to post a screenshot of the map with said sewer entrances highlighted? It would make things a lot easier.

Free Beer
09-10-2011, 12:06 PM
First off thanks for this thread. I already have the orange and brown skulls done. I'm trying to do the others but I can't figure out from these guides which sewer entrances I need to use to get where I need to go. Instead of saying "the closest sewer to the church" (theres a few close to it and none look like the ones in the vids, to me anyway), would it be possible for someone to post a screenshot of the map with said sewer entrances highlighted? It would make things a lot easier.

Have you done the missions where you go thru the sewer yet? Because you literally have to pass right thru the area more than once just with natural story progression.

gealt
09-10-2011, 05:08 PM
Yeah, I've already beat the game once. I just don't remember which sewer leads to where (theres like 20 of them on that city map). A screen shot of the map with a "this sewer leads to city hall" or "this one leads to the blue skull" marking is all I need. All these vids start already in the sewers and don't tell you how to get there. I found the orange and brown ones on my own during my playthrough but missed the others, I'd like to just go back and get them without having to playthrough the entire story again.

axeuup
09-10-2011, 07:07 PM
it has sort of been answered but i wanted to be sure. can you return to the supermarket after completing the mission within it. i want to know if i can return the green skull to its drop once i have cleared the supermarket quest. an answer will be greatley appreciated since i am at a save now (in the supermarket) on my second playthrough. dont know if i should back track or continue with the mission.

xCGIx PUNISHER
09-10-2011, 07:18 PM
Has anyone figured out what the Orange Skull Mod does? It's the Electro Military Knife, and the description just says "electro body." Its stats are completely normal, so eventually I just sold it because I could not figure out what its special is.

XxSKETCHxX313
09-10-2011, 09:15 PM
Has anyone figured out what the Orange Skull Mod does? It's the Electro Military Knife, and the description just says "electro body." Its stats are completely normal, so eventually I just sold it because I could not figure out what its special is.

I made it the other day. posted effects here.

http://deadisland.wikia.com/wiki/Developer%27s_No._1_Craft

axeuup
09-10-2011, 10:45 PM
can somebody please verify whether can travek back to the supermarket after you complete the quest here. it would give me piece of mind when i travel forward knowing i can drop the skull here afterwards. thanks

SolusFlare
09-10-2011, 11:50 PM
can somebody please verify whether can travek back to the supermarket after you complete the quest here. it would give me piece of mind when i travel forward knowing i can drop the skull here afterwards. thanks
yeah you can-

marcopolo1166
09-11-2011, 12:14 AM
Think i found the red skull drop location. I was doing the nighthawk quest and i found a village in the jungle with a shit load of skulls everywhere, none of which you could pick up however...after a bit of exploring i found a pathway blocked off by two boards n it seemed impossible to get in, but I saw two zombies in it so i knew there had to be a way. After jumping and crouching and side jumping for about ten minutes on the boards i got through and it led to a weird shrine with a red skull on top, however it offered no actions so its probably the drop since i dont have the red skull

Bringin SXC bak
09-11-2011, 12:42 AM
Think i found the red skull drop location. I was doing the nighthawk quest and i found a village in the jungle with a shit load of skulls everywhere, none of which you could pick up however...after a bit of exploring i found a pathway blocked off by two boards n it seemed impossible to get in, but I saw two zombies in it so i knew there had to be a way. After jumping and crouching and side jumping for about ten minutes on the boards i got through and it led to a weird shrine with a red skull on top, however it offered no actions so its probably the drop since i dont have the red skull

Wow, nice find. Can you possibly upload a pic of the map location? I can't remember where that was from the description :P

Also, you CAN go back to the supermarket

marcopolo1166
09-11-2011, 01:21 AM
sorry bout the quality, but it's in the eastern part of the jungle right next to where you find the russian hideout/ satellite phone for nick. the village is right in between two work benches

marcopolo1166
09-11-2011, 01:27 AM
http://s1133.photobucket.com/albums/m597/marcopolo1166/?action=view&current=Photoon2011-09-10at2017.jpg

marcopolo1166
09-11-2011, 01:28 AM
so since the drop is in the jungle, im guessing thats where the skull is too. Get to searchin, i know i will be

TLOR FETT
09-11-2011, 01:41 AM
so since the drop is in the jungle, im guessing thats where the skull is too. Get to searchin, i know i will be

I wouldn't assume that about the drop off being Blue's was not on the same zone.

marcopolo1166
09-11-2011, 02:45 AM
true. it's prolly in the laboratory or some shit.

TLOR FETT
09-11-2011, 02:58 AM
true. it's prolly in the laboratory or some shit.
Best friend is hurt because the official guide does not contain the locations or one inkling these skulls exist, lol.

marcopolo1166
09-11-2011, 02:59 AM
http://s1133.photobucket.com/albums/m597/marcopolo1166/?action=view&current=Photoon2011-09-10at2157.jpg

SolusFlare
09-11-2011, 10:07 AM
http://s1133.photobucket.com/albums/m597/marcopolo1166/?action=view&current=Photoon2011-09-10at2157.jpg
and you can pick that one up?`

In the jungle "jason" also has a altar with skulls, one of them is red- but does not seam like you can pick it up- However he also has a chainsaw.

Ducki3X
09-11-2011, 12:11 PM
If i remember correctly i think that skull is for a sidequest where you pick up 3 other ones in the same area. Can anyone confirm this?

SolusFlare
09-11-2011, 12:24 PM
Well have that quest and not done it yet, so ill go do that one now and let you know.

But ive seen 3 red skulls now in the jungle. But all seam bloody- Where the other colored skulls seamed like they were like 5% transparent.

SolusFlare
09-11-2011, 12:26 PM
BTW. Just a crazy ass thought. . . . River Village- (where ive seen 3 red skulls.-) - Could it be they are hinting towards the real red skulls location?

(thinking outside the box.... I wondering something like marking them on the map and see if it forms like a pentagram or something crazy, indicating where one should look)- ?

Tell me if this seams to far of-. Anyways- Gonna mark my locations and see what happens.

EDIT.
Okay have no clue where to do the collection of skulls.- Ghost town? Maybe ive not been there yet.

Ryukuzin
09-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Found the red skull in the jungle.

SolusFlare
09-11-2011, 12:35 PM
Found the red skull in the jungle.
where was it then?

Ryukuzin
09-11-2011, 12:37 PM
where was it then?

Middle of the red skulls, I fell through a pit and found it.

SolusFlare
09-11-2011, 12:39 PM
Middle of the red skulls, I fell through a pit and found it.
Middle of red skulls? where?

TLOR FETT
09-11-2011, 12:43 PM
I am down for helping Hunt, Mandalorian INC

Also I am bored so I wanna play

Ryukuzin
09-11-2011, 12:45 PM
Middle of red skulls? where?

Sorry I meant I found the location if where to put it. Does anyone know where I can find the skull itself?

SolusFlare
09-11-2011, 12:45 PM
well if he really found the red, its presumably the last.-

Then we have skull 1-6-

EDIT: ahh. yeah okay- but no, missing this skull still.

SolusFlare
09-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Hmm.... I just picked up a single red skull. . . .But unsure if its a part of the quest to retrieve 4 skulls. (there is no marker for it)- So lets see what happens. Need to find the drop point so I can try this skull.

TLOR FETT
09-11-2011, 04:11 PM
Hmm.... I just picked up a single red skull. . . .But unsure if its a part of the quest to retrieve 4 skulls. (there is no marker for it)- So lets see what happens. Need to find the drop point so I can try this skull.

Did it say "Skull Red" ?

SolusFlare
09-11-2011, 04:14 PM
Did it say "Skull Red" ?
No clue to be honest.
But where are the 4 skulls for the quest? It states the "ghost town"-

TLOR FETT
09-11-2011, 04:16 PM
No clue to be honest.
But where are the 4 skulls for the quest? It states the "ghost town"-

I have not done that quest myself, somehow my best friend and I missed it.

But "Ghost Town" is the area in which you first see a Butcher Zombie if that helps. I can't reference it to a direction on the map maybe someone else can

SolusFlare
09-11-2011, 04:20 PM
ah, well thats where Im at now, just found a second "bloody" skull.- So guess no luck then. But.... Maybe one could hope the quest opens up to the "real" red skull?

TLOR FETT
09-11-2011, 04:23 PM
ah, well thats where Im at now, just found a second "bloody" skull.- So guess no luck then. But.... Maybe one could hope the quest opens up to the "real" red skull?

I severely doubt a quest is going to have anything to do with the skulls we are searching for. In my own opinion I don't think there are anymore than the 5 we have.

SolusFlare
09-11-2011, 04:26 PM
Think theres got to be a last one at least.
the mod names are
-

5th seams very likely.

TLOR FETT
09-11-2011, 04:47 PM
Think theres got to be a last one at least.
the mod names are
-

5th seams very likely.

I am not arguing my opinion but 666 does not mean it has to be #6

SolusFlare
09-11-2011, 04:55 PM
Well all guesses of course.But why then give the others numbers from 1 to 4?

TLOR FETT
09-11-2011, 05:04 PM
Well all guesses of course.But why then give the others numbers from 1 to 4?

To make sense? I don't know. 666 is the mark of the beast, the devil, evil. The mod it makes is also way different in comparison to the other 4.

SolusFlare
09-11-2011, 05:12 PM
To make sense? I don't know. 666 is the mark of the beast, the devil, evil. The mod it makes is also way different in comparison to the other 4.
I know that.- Just seams odd to me the would have gone like "-

Okay' We have mod 1-2-3-4..... Lets skip nr 5 and make a 666'- "high five"* -

SO yeah, my honest guess, 1-2-3-4-5-666.

Free Beer
09-11-2011, 05:59 PM
I've been hearing a lot of rumors that there may not be a 6th skull or "5th" skull as speculated. Only time will tell. SOmeone on here who claims to have dev mod of the game says that there is nothing else listed that can be added to inventory.;...

taologos
09-11-2011, 07:06 PM
Although it is not unheard of, I find it a pain that you cannot get back into Alicia's house after completing the quest. There are other "abandoned houses" in the city that I can return to. Does anyone have any ideas for a work around for this? It kills me that I can't get back in!

TLOR FETT
09-11-2011, 07:08 PM
Although it is not unheard of, I find it a pain that you cannot get back into Alicia's house after completing the quest. There are other "abandoned houses" in the city that I can return to. Does anyone have any ideas for a work around for this? It kills me that I can't get back in!

The ONLY workaround is going to it in another persons game.

Fug the Pug
09-11-2011, 08:33 PM
All the sewers in the city map are the same sewer. Just different entrances. Just keep searching around til you find the area. And you do pass these areas multiple times in the story.

axeuup
09-11-2011, 11:21 PM
wanted to bump this thread back to the front where it belongs. this thread has been very helpful in helping me obtain the 5 known skulls. i know someone is going to find the 5th skull. theres got to be one. could it somehow be connected to the dlc?

YouGotAPwnCall
09-11-2011, 11:40 PM
My friend said he found a white skull, in the city of Moresby. Somewhere in their under a set of stairs, he says its before the infected get inside the town hall and before the mayor is turned into a zombie is when he found it. Is it possible the pit in the middle of the three red skulls someone said they found earlier is the turn in for the white skull?

Tanaki Khan
09-12-2011, 12:03 AM
I know that.- Just seams odd to me the would have gone like "-

Okay' We have mod 1-2-3-4..... Lets skip nr 5 and make a 666'- "high five"* -

SO yeah, my honest guess, 1-2-3-4-5-666.

Just taking your logic further I propose there be 662 more skulls to collect on the basis that they would not jump from 4 to 666 without any in between would they.

I obviously don't believe for one second in the above but it does demonstrate how your own logic is wishful thinking/hoping at best. Essentially no matter what number they ended on, if they jumped from that number to 666, someone somewhere would suggest there be at least one more out there.

Has anyone checked any of the PC version forums to see if anyone has datamined the game files yet?

All the sewers in the city map are the same sewer. Just different entrances. Just keep searching around til you find the area. And you do pass these areas multiple times in the story.

I wondered if this might be the case. The entrance outside the church is not available to me yet I don't think and I wanted to make sure I got that one before I locked up Alicia's house as I am playing it mostly via coop. I can't really hold up my friends from handing in one quest just for a skull they care little about. So if they are all the same sewer, who's volunteering to map that sucker? :D

Fug the Pug
09-12-2011, 02:33 AM
I can definitely confirm that they are the same sewer. I can attempt a map out of it. A good rule to follow is to just keep following the exits that lead further downtown. The further they are, the closer they are to the supermarket. The area with the purple skull is essentially the choke point between the exits and the rest of the sewers that lead towards town hall.

xCGIx PUNISHER
09-12-2011, 03:03 AM
Just taking your logic further I propose there be 662 more skulls to collect on the basis that they would not jump from 4 to 666 without any in between would they.

I obviously don't believe for one second in the above but it does demonstrate how your own logic is wishful thinking/hoping at best. Essentially no matter what number they ended on, if they jumped from that number to 666, someone somewhere would suggest there be at least one more out there.

I believe that he means it goes 1-2-3-4-5-6. With 666 just being a play on the number 6 that fits in with the theme of the game. I really hope you were just being sarcastic and that that didn't actually go over your head.

ZombieCakez
09-12-2011, 06:24 AM
so the ghost village has 4 bloody rewd skulls here sthe one under the floorboards you gotta jump over the boards to get to http://http://s760.photobucket.com/albums/xx250/lordcin/?action=view&current=IMG100.jpg

I was thinking so far ive seen 4 bloody red skulls around ghost town what if you need 4 people to actually get this skull like all grab it at the same time or something im on now with a partner if anyone wants to try

SolusFlare
09-12-2011, 06:55 AM
so the ghost village has 4 bloody rewd skulls here sthe one under the floorboards you gotta jump over the boards to get to http://http://s760.photobucket.com/albums/xx250/lordcin/?action=view&current=IMG100.jpg

I was thinking so far ive seen 4 bloody red skulls around ghost town what if you need 4 people to actually get this skull like all grab it at the same time or something im on now with a partner if anyone wants to try
No its a mission and you only need 1 player to collect them. (finished it last night)- None of the skulls in the ghost village has any meaning to the (last? skull)

However, the lady that receives the skulls mentions something about waiting to start the ritual to later (was on the phone so didint get the full dialogue)- Maybe there is a follow up mission with her that might lead to something.

SolusFlare
09-12-2011, 07:00 AM
I believe that he means it goes 1-2-3-4-5-6. With 666 just being a play on the number 6 that fits in with the theme of the game. I really hope you were just being sarcastic and that that didn't actually go over your head.
And yes this exactly. Wanna say thanks Khan, for thinking im a complete idiot :P

It makes sense to me that they would not skip skull 5 just to make a skull named 666. As you said and *I meant* :/ .... It would be a play on words for the last thus making me guess highly there is a last skull at least.-

Necrophage33
09-12-2011, 02:15 PM
Hey Free Beer, after getting these skulls co-op, I have a couple things to add.

For one, the skulls are always in the locations you mentioned. I've had 4 people confirm it. I highly doubt they'd move. However, when playing co-op, only one person in the party can pick up the skull, then it is gone. This essentially gives the skull to everyone in the group though.

I had a friend go to Alicia's apartment and pick up the blue skull, then completed the quest and screwed himself out of the purple skull. I was playing with him, and we found the purple skull (he picked it up, not me). After he left, I joined up with another friend, and we got the green skull and found the blue skull drop location. Keep in mind neither of us were involved in any way whatsoever when our friend picked up the blue skull. We were still able to place it in the bunker and pick up the craft.

Then I played solo and found Alicia's apartment on my own. I found the purple skull drop site, and it let me place it, even though my friend was the one who picked it up in a separate game. However, after I placed the purple skull, I noticed the blue skull was in her apartment and I could pick it up, even though I had already placed it and gotten the craft.

So it seems to work strangely for co-op, but I think you can safely say that the locations you've listed are where they appear. The only reason they wouldn't be there is because someone in co-op already grabbed it.

Thanks for the great guide. Made finding them all really easy.

OnTyy BE
09-12-2011, 04:09 PM
I found a brown skull in a bunker; when you bring Nikolaï to his bunker in safety, there's a portal on the ground to another bunker.
There's a suicider in there, 1 or 2 crates and the brown Skull just sitting in front of the crates : )

Fug the Pug
09-12-2011, 04:13 PM
I found a brown skull in a bunker; when you bring Nikolaï to his bunker in safety, there's a portal on the ground to another bunker.
There's a suicider in there, 1 or 2 crates and the brown Skull just sitting in front of the crates : )

This skull has already been found and is in the guide. Please read it before posting locations.

FlyBoy120586
09-12-2011, 04:44 PM
I wondered if this might be the case. The entrance outside the church is not available to me yet I don't think and I wanted to make sure I got that one before I locked up Alicia's house as I am playing it mostly via coop. I can't really hold up my friends from handing in one quest just for a skull they care little about. So if they are all the same sewer, who's volunteering to map that sucker? :D

The problem is the map is unavailable in the sewer so you just have to keep following it deeper and deeper.

SolusFlare
09-12-2011, 05:04 PM
The problem is the map is unavailable in the sewer so you just have to keep following it deeper and deeper.

Think he meant to make a map. WOuld actually be pretty smart just in case(could see which direction you had not gone too yet. )
But allot of work.

madmassey
09-12-2011, 05:10 PM
There's a Red Skull too. I got it in a tall, thin glass case (middle shelf) in an instanced abandoned building in Act 2. A bathroom. There's a mission in there but I can't remember which one.

SolusFlare
09-12-2011, 05:11 PM
There's a Red Skull too. I got it in a tall, thin glass case in an instanced abandoned building in Act 2. A bathroom. There's a mission in there but I can't remember which one.
that one is actually orange.

Tanaki Khan
09-12-2011, 05:15 PM
I can definitely confirm that they are the same sewer. I can attempt a map out of it. A good rule to follow is to just keep following the exits that lead further downtown. The further they are, the closer they are to the supermarket. The area with the purple skull is essentially the choke point between the exits and the rest of the sewers that lead towards town hall.

There is already a map scanned from the Brady guide (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=4488193) (link to the thread it was posted in, not the actual picture itself). The main sewer links a couple of points in the slums with the main entry point the main quest line takes you and the point in canal by the church referred to as the church entrance. it also appears this entrance is not available until you are on or maybe have completed the supermarket run.

No it didn't go over my head but it appears my point regrettably went over yours.

My point was that whilst yes that is possible, the fact that we know of 5 numbered 1 to 4 and then the 5th is 666 does *NOT* automatically mean there *MUST* be a 6th one numbered 5, and that as of yet we have no proof either way.

And yes this exactly. Wanna say thanks Khan, for thinking im a complete idiot :P

It makes sense to me that they would not skip skull 5 just to make a skull named 666. As you said and *I meant* :/ .... It would be a play on words for the last thus making me guess highly there is a last skull at least.-

And to me it makes equal sense that they inserted 5 skulls but made the 5th one numbered 666 having skipped numbers 5 to 665. It would seem mildly OCD like to wish/hope there be a #5 so as to bring order to the sequence of sorts. Again, as above my point was the sheer fact you think it would look tidy does not automatically increase the chances it is true.

And no, I did not think you were a complete idiot :p

Check the link in my reply to Fug the Pug above. It's not a fantastic map but serves it's purpose. As I said in the other thread having followed it the bottom left map is the main sewers that links everything up with the City Hall in upper left and in the bottom right the area around document #24 has all the slums exits as well as the church. Near where ID#046 is there is the entrance the main quest line brings you in.

Tanaki Khan
09-12-2011, 05:18 PM
There's a Red Skull too. I got it in a tall, thin glass case (middle shelf) in an instanced abandoned building in Act 2. A bathroom. There's a mission in there but I can't remember which one.

I just picked up the purple one and noticed it was actually red in colour strangely enough. The text read Skull {colour} I think so you likely picked up the blue one. (orange is in the sewers)

SolusFlare
09-12-2011, 05:28 PM
-
Well there is a equal possibility there is a 6th- There is no denying that. And while I strongly believe there is due to the logic of the numbers- (yeah logic- 1 2 3 4 (5) 6(66)-) I might as well be wrong. But Im gonna keep searching.

DGKALLDAYKAY
09-12-2011, 05:45 PM
can some one tell me what all the mods do except for the 666 mod ??

FlyBoy120586
09-12-2011, 06:43 PM
Check the link in my reply to Fug the Pug above. It's not a fantastic map but serves it's purpose. As I said in the other thread having followed it the bottom left map is the main sewers that links everything up with the City Hall in upper left and in the bottom right the area around document #24 has all the slums exits as well as the church. Near where ID#046 is there is the entrance the main quest line brings you in.

I don't really need to see it cause I already found the Green Skull :)
I was just saying that the in game map is unavailable in the sewers...

xCGIx PUNISHER
09-12-2011, 07:34 PM
My point was that whilst yes that is possible, the fact that we know of 5 numbered 1 to 4 and then the 5th is 666 does *NOT* automatically mean there *MUST* be a 6th one numbered 5, and that as of yet we have no proof either way.

And to me it makes equal sense that they inserted 5 skulls but made the 5th one numbered 666 having skipped numbers 5 to 665. It would seem mildly OCD like to wish/hope there be a #5 so as to bring order to the sequence of sorts. Again, as above my point was the sheer fact you think it would look tidy does not automatically increase the chances it is true.

And no, I did not think you were a complete idiot :p

You're right. It doesn't 100%, without a shadow of a doubt mean that there has to be a 5th skull. But tell me why exactly they would skip #5? My guess is they wouldn't. I can't see how your honestly making the argument that they would skip the 5th skull for no apparent reason. I think even you have to admit that it's more likely that there IS a 5th skull then there isn't. Could they possibly have skipped it? Yes. But how many games have you played where there has been a sequence of something and one of the numbers in that sequence has been randomly skipped. My guess is.... never.

imatt B4M
09-12-2011, 07:44 PM
So I have the orange skull and I am looking for the drop location and I am unable to find the way to city hall

Free Beer
09-12-2011, 08:27 PM
So I have the orange skull and I am looking for the drop location and I am unable to find the way to city hall

The drop for Orange is in the Sewer. Look at page one, homie.

TLOR FETT
09-12-2011, 08:28 PM
You're right. It doesn't 100%, without a shadow of a doubt mean that there has to be a 5th skull. But tell me why exactly they would skip #5? My guess is they wouldn't. I can't see how your honestly making the argument that they would skip the 5th skull for no apparent reason. I think even you have to admit that it's more likely that there IS a 5th skull then there isn't. Could they possibly have skipped it? Yes. But how many games have you played where there has been a sequence of something and one of the numbers in that sequence has been randomly skipped. My guess is.... never.

You guys need to quit arguing over this being its a lot of flawed logic, my point in being to everyone who keeps making #666 #6, pretty much if you continue to argue one point or the other your just trolling. You can put your opinion out their but trying to make sense of it and being completley ignorant whilst doing so just dont work out

imatt B4M
09-12-2011, 08:36 PM
The drop for Orange is in the Sewer. Look at page one, homie.
I did and I am still having trouble finding the spot.

Tanaki Khan
09-12-2011, 08:36 PM

oh

my

god

Sorry but at this juncture I am going with TLOR FETT's suggestion.

I did and I am still having trouble finding the spot.
Are you on or have you done the mission to go to the supermarket (via city hall)? Also did you see the Sewer map that is floating around?

imatt B4M
09-12-2011, 08:50 PM
Yes, I am up to the point of no return and have not went yet

Tanaki Khan
09-12-2011, 09:00 PM
Yes, I am up to the point of no return and have not went yet

Then you may as well just follow the main story for a bit then as it takes you passed it. You get led a long path to the entrance to the sewer and it's pretty much a single path to the city hall. Once you leave city hall you go down a sloping path in the sewer and open a door to a large room. Ice the zombies there then head up the ladder on the far side of the pool on the left.

Also don't panic about the Church entrance for the purple skull like I did, if you then keep going you get taken back to the church entrance and you can then follow the video for the purple as well.

JuSt BLaZe
09-12-2011, 09:26 PM
Maaaaaan I almost got lost in the damn sewers and ran pass those skulls haha.
Nice work here.

This needs to be sticky icky. :blunt

Big_Sama
09-12-2011, 10:13 PM
Free Beer. Nice name ducky.

schrodog
09-13-2011, 01:34 PM
bumpin' in

Tanaki Khan
09-13-2011, 02:11 PM
It's linked in the sticky FAQ thread now so no matter how many pages it drops, it'll be easily accessible.

GuyAboveMeSucks
09-13-2011, 02:21 PM
There doesn't necessarily have to be 5 maybe its 4 riders of the apocalypse and the devil.

Fug the Pug
09-13-2011, 04:27 PM
I can't find a map of the sewers or of the town. If anyone could provide me with them I can map out what entrances lead to where.

gealt
09-13-2011, 04:28 PM
I can't find a map of the sewers or of the town. If anyone could provide me with them I can map out what entrances lead to where.

the thread right above this one is called "sewer map":
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=329096

Fug the Pug
09-13-2011, 05:33 PM
the thread right above this one is called "sewer map":
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=329096

thank you sir

imatt B4M
09-13-2011, 06:17 PM
Can someone have me join them to drop the purple skull and grab the blue one. Thanks

IISYNII Raid3n
09-13-2011, 06:31 PM
They can't be dropped. They won't appear in your inventory after you grab them. You're going to have to go hunting for it or have someone guide you to the ones you need.

Tanaki Khan
09-13-2011, 06:35 PM

Be wary that at least one manhole cover links to two entrances marked on that map. The manhole outside of the "Fast travel: Square" location will take you to the top right E on the map, and if you exit there you go back to that street, but if you follow the sewer map around to the very next E (via the 3 horizontal tunnels) it also brings you out the same above ground manhole. It might only be this one as I have not yet tried the others but on the off chance there are more I thought I would mention it.

Also the map is best rotated clockwise 45 degrees to *roughly* match up with manhole covers in the city.

They can't be dropped. They won't appear in your inventory after you grab them. You're going to have to go hunting for it or have someone guide you to the ones you need.

He means he has done the mission that gives you access to the purple drop off location which is also the blue pick up, and is looking for someone who still has the mission to do so he can get in there.

septicflesh
09-13-2011, 06:37 PM
I need to get into the abandoned house to drop the purple skull. If anyone hasn't done the quest Uninvited Guests PLEASE message me on xboxlive. GT: doomfarmer

imatt B4M
09-13-2011, 06:38 PM

I mean to place it

Free Beer
09-13-2011, 06:48 PM
Maaaaaan I almost got lost in the damn sewers and ran pass those skulls haha.
Nice work here.

This needs to be sticky icky. :blunt

Agreed.

Free Beer. Nice name ducky.

LOL, gee thanks Sama. I'm getting out of work at 4:30, you gonna be on? Round up a couple of the homies, I wanna do a little ibt of hunting for my missing location before I head to the Prison.

Tryin to get that Achievement Un:lockeded

FlyBoy120586
09-14-2011, 03:29 AM
I've seen on the Steam Forums and elsewhere that in the PC code there are only listed 5 skulls, so I'm going to assume that our search is over...

axeuup
09-15-2011, 10:57 PM
why isnt this stickied? i realize that when you use this guide you dont need it that long. its extremely well done and valuable when you are searching for the skulls. who knows how many more times my game may freeze and i need to come find this

Tanaki Khan
09-15-2011, 11:01 PM
why isnt this stickied? i realize that when you use this guide you dont need it that long. its extremely well done and valuable when you are searching for the skulls. who knows how many more times my game may freeze and i need to come find this

The FAQ thread (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=329090) links to various informational threads, including this one, allowing easy locating later on without a barrage of stickied threads.

axeuup
09-15-2011, 11:21 PM
good stuff. i did not know that i could easily locate it through the faq. will use that info in the future. i dont really see why achievment discussion and 71/72 are stickied however. these two threads had temporary value whos worth has been realized. just my opinion but this thread seems to have much more value on a long term basis. i imagine when someone comes here for the first time this will be one of the threads they will want to locate and it should be made easy for them to locate.

Tanaki Khan
09-16-2011, 12:45 PM
good stuff. i did not know that i could easily locate it through the faq. will use that info in the future. i dont really see why achievment discussion and 71/72 are stickied however. these two threads had temporary value whos worth has been realized. just my opinion but this thread seems to have much more value on a long term basis. i imagine when someone comes here for the first time this will be one of the threads they will want to locate and it should be made easy for them to locate.

They were stickied prior to the FAQ. I guess people are used to them being there now as at the time the 71/72 was a big issue (not to say it still isn't for some people).

Achievement Discussion is a thread that tends to be the first stickied in every game section as that is the reason people come here.

One of the roadmaps tends to get stickied too but in the case of this game there were so many varied questions that came up time and time again, a FAQ appeared to be the best solution. A good idea worth implementing in other games sections imo.

Unfortunately it's a part of human nature for some reason to see at the top a thread called FAQ, "Frequently Asked Questions", and not think it might have their answer, just like a mental block of the search this thread button some people have. Go figure....

RBmaster9345
09-16-2011, 04:34 PM
Lolwut? Didnt expect there to be shit like this in this game. Thats awesome

JuSt BLaZe
09-16-2011, 04:36 PM
Lolwut? Didnt expect there to be shit like this in this game. Thats awesome

Yeah I gotta get me the purple skull (Developer's no. 4 Craft Mod) cause it's probably the best anyway. Watched all of them and the rest sucks.

NnuttHowze T9X
09-17-2011, 02:53 PM
to those who need to drop of the purple & pickup the blue skull i can help.

GT: NnuttHowze T9X

Free Beer
09-17-2011, 05:46 PM
to those who need to drop of the purple & pickup the blue skull i can help.

GT: NnuttHowze T9X

Judging by his signature, if this guys gaming skills are anything like his taste in music, you probably shouldnt play with him

NnuttHowze T9X
09-17-2011, 07:52 PM
Judging by his signature, if this guys gaming skills are anything like his taste in music, you probably shouldnt play with him

Frankly, i don't do the whole "e-beef" bs an i duno y u would have to try n start it when all im offering is to help others. keep that as a rhetorical thought n leave it at that.

back on topic now;

a way i found to get into the house after having finished the mission already was to create a new save file and continue off chapter 6, this is that start of the mission that leads you to the sewers & because its a new save you will be able to goto the house. so what i've done was started this new game up, and go into the house with the skull & join another players game. then simply quit and rejoin there game as you main character and you will then be able to pickup the blue skull and proceed to the resort an drop it off. however i was unable to drop off the purple skull as i believe you need to pickup & drop off in the same game session. the only way around this would be to have a friend help you and you take turns playing on the new character while your friend gets the craft, and then does the same to help you.

i've been using this method of joining games and switching characters to be able to jump around to whatever part of the game i'd like to play.

jonny0boy
09-18-2011, 02:55 AM
I think i found the Red Skull Drop Location in jungle area with small hut and big white gas tank where the human are

blackbriar83
09-18-2011, 10:59 PM
Great guide!! Have 41 of 48 achievements si far. Me and my mate just got the 72 locations. The three that we hadn't got were the three that you had pointed out. Hopefully have a 1000gs by the end of the week. Once again a great guide and many thanks.

Throrin
09-22-2011, 04:10 PM
I got the "Developer's 666 Craft".

I went on a workbench ... and crafted this blueprint and it supposed to give me "Left hand of Glova". I checked my inventory and NOTHING there. I thought maybe it was full and it dropped on the floor BUT NOTHING again.

- Did i do something wrong to get the "Left hand of Glova"?
- Is it a glitch?
- Do i need another item to use this ability?

Tanaki Khan
09-22-2011, 04:33 PM
No it happens occasionally.

On my main character I have made 5 of these now mainly because it seems like it has no physical item to drop. If you drop it it disappears. I've lost them because in haste I dropped it by mistake twice, once I made it and had no space in my inventory and the other I had space like you but it just vanished.

Tyger7
09-28-2011, 06:51 AM
Would be a lot more complete if you said what the mods do and what is needed for them to be built.

Also, for the skull from the abandoned house...it's drop point seems glitched. I have watched the video and shot/threw weapons at 10+ canisters. It will not open at all. Do you have to be at a certain spot in the game to be able to access this door? I'm 100% sure it's the right one, to the right of the ladder.

EDIT: Yes, it will not open unless you talk to the man you saved after saving him.

Grimfel
10-09-2011, 03:35 AM
Hey Beer.... I added a link to this thread in my collectible guide thread. Gave you all the credit of course!

Just wanted to let you know and thanks for getting this all together!

joe joe
10-10-2011, 09:08 PM
cheers mate this will be helpful

Evil Submariner
11-04-2011, 10:03 AM
These dev mods are freaking awesome. THey "look" like some basic weapon, but boy do they pack a HUGE punch. I was running around with the poison military knife making tank, and thugs puke and die in like 1 or 2 hits. Freaking Awesome.

niko da bos
09-19-2012, 03:47 PM
Is there any order I should get them. Or should I jump (fast travel) back and forth after a certain point in the game. I haven't beat the game yet, had (forgot the name of him) the white guy as my character and decided to restart and start a playthrough with sam-b. So, I am on chapter two. Any advice on what skulls to start with? Like an chronological order or such?

tbh when i played this back in last september / october me and my buddies never got any of the skulls. we did go on a field day getting all the ammo blueprints tho! haha

you could do them in order, i would personally just have fun since its your first playthru. i tend to not go crazy over collectables when learning the game. but if you plan to, i would say wait till you unlock more areas. the pick up and drop off points are kind of scattered it looks like.

Grimfel
09-19-2012, 04:58 PM
Is there any order I should get them. Or should I jump (fast travel) back and forth after a certain point in the game. I haven't beat the game yet, had (forgot the name of him) the white guy as my character and decided to restart and start a playthrough with sam-b. So, I am on chapter two. Any advice on what skulls to start with? Like an chronological order or such?

There are some of them that you are going to want to do in order. Due to their placement it is a hassle to get back to them after you have moved past that point. Also I believe there is one in Moresby (purple I think) that is inside this chick's apartment and after you go in and rescue her (it's a side quest) then you can't get back into her apartment. So you can't get it. Now that I think about it, that may be where you drop it off. Either way make sure you are aware of that before you ruin that. Now if for some reason you do, then you can jump into someone else's game and get it in their world if they haven't screwed it up too.
Other than that you can get them whenever... as long as you haven't gone to the prison of course.