PDA

View Full Version : Different Character Pros/Cons

NewSlang7
09-09-2011, 04:18 PM
I wanted to create this thread to discuss different characters and what we like and dislike about them. So far I've played 2 characters.

1. Xian Mei - I started with her and played solo. I really loved her. She's super fast and I really liked using wicked blades like a machete to chop off zombies limbs and heads.

2. Sam B - Played him in co-op to act 2 and I didn't like him. I didn't think his rage was effective and I got killed a lot. he's also very slow and after playing Xian I found this really annoying. However his reaction comments were really funny (DAMN! That bitch was HUGE!)

I haven't played Logan or Purna but I've been told Purna is excellent once you get into Act 2 and start finding guns. I think Logan has potential but with the disappearing weapons when you throw them glitch I'm not sure he's a good choice. Maybe once they patch this glitch I'll be more interested in playing him.

Anthonymrb
09-09-2011, 04:21 PM
The thing I love about Logan is the fury. I never had to worry about Thugs or any other large enemies.

BrassBallz
09-09-2011, 05:11 PM
I'm towards the end of ACT II playing Xian Mei and she kicks ass. Her fury absolutely decimates hordes of infected and her blade skill severs limbs with astonishing efficiency.

NewSlang7
09-09-2011, 05:22 PM
I'm towards the end of ACT II playing Xian Mei and she kicks ass. Her fury absolutely decimates hordes of infected and her blade skill severs limbs with astonishing efficiency.

I think I'm going to really focus on her too. I've got a good base in her combat skill tree but I'm going to focus more on her fury now. I really like her a bunch. I also like how she's the "moral" one of the group lol.

niko da bos
09-09-2011, 05:48 PM
i snagged purna from the start and love her :D. she has pretty good stamina, and pulling out a gun during a knife-fight is always fun. for example if i run into two thugs i can easily rage kill both of them with my pistol. walkers and such will take one shot a piece, leaving you plenty of time to clear out a big area.

Vulx
09-09-2011, 05:49 PM
The thing I love about Logan is the fury. I never had to worry about Thugs or any other large enemies.

His fury is great for taking out crowds of deadies thats for sure.

Gonna use either Sam B or Purna on my next playthrough.

xOhNoes11
09-09-2011, 06:23 PM
Personally, I hated Logan because I never liked the fact of throwing my weapons. I mean what am I left with!? Now I'm running around with Sam B punching everything and life is good.

ofay
09-09-2011, 06:37 PM
I wanted to create this thread to discuss different characters and what we like and dislike about them. So far I've played 2 characters.

1. Xian Mei - I started with her and played solo. I really loved her. She's super fast and I really liked using wicked blades like a machete to chop off zombies limbs and heads.

2. Sam B - Played him in co-op to act 2 and I didn't like him. I didn't think his rage was effective and I got killed a lot. he's also very slow and after playing Xian I found this really annoying. However his reaction comments were really funny (DAMN! That bitch was HUGE!)

I haven't played Logan or Purna but I've been told Purna is excellent once you get into Act 2 and start finding guns. I think Logan has potential but with the disappearing weapons when you throw them glitch I'm not sure he's a good choice. Maybe once they patch this glitch I'll be more interested in playing him.
I think sam b is the character to play, he's got lots of health and his buff to blunt weapons is a real plus. I'm playing xain mei right now and I like her speed and cutting of zombies heads but sledge hammers are devastating, just kick a zombie down and one hit their face.

Atleast this is how I feel after playing with my friends who 2 are sam b and we have 2 xain mei

Vip3r58
09-09-2011, 06:39 PM
Right now I am using Logan but I think I may start over with the Asian chick. I like her better.

HandymanJames
09-09-2011, 06:44 PM
Purna all the way.

Pulling out that gun and taking out nearly all zombies in one hit is god mode. Having double durability on modified weapons due to her auras + talents is nice too. I can make it through several quests with 1 weapons never breaking.

grumpiercloud
09-09-2011, 06:49 PM
I really like playing as logan. It's so satisfying throwing a nail'd bat at a zombie then running to it and jump kicking it making it fall down then smashing its head with your foot then retrieving your bat.
Plus his fury does help a lot when there are tons of zombies around.