PDA

View Full Version : Tapes

Detainee 1304
09-09-2011, 07:05 PM
I'll go ahead and start the thread for help finding the audio tapes.

I need tape 13 and I'll be 100% complete on collections. Two playthroughs and I would've sworn I've checked everywhere but obviously not since I can't find it.

HQC
09-09-2011, 07:15 PM
Tape O1: In the bar in the dining car. After "sidestepping" the gentleman on the cell phone, walk towards the exit in the back after Kate. Pan one hundred and eighty degrees and the bar door should have an "Interact" icon. Inside the bar is where the first tape is located. It's a very small space.

Edit: This is first time that you are in the train in the first act.

HQC
09-09-2011, 07:41 PM
Tape 06: During Act 2, in the cemetery, after you have exited the dungeon, you have to make your way through the cemetery maze and fight a series of monsters. As you move your way through, you should see a large pile of red coffins blocking a lit awning. The tape is located near the coffins. If you're standing at the tape, turn one hundred and eighty degrees and you should see the fire where the two ballerinas were standing at the beginning of the scene.

HQC
09-09-2011, 08:09 PM
Tape 08: Act III, House of Madness, objective "Escape with your life." As your moving through the dungeon, you'll encounter four monsters in a hallway and there will be a door with an "Interact" icon on your left. The door will swell with electricity and if you try to open it, it is an instant kill. With the door in front of you, pan right and make a left around the corner. Destroy the large wooden box with your weapon or your fists and kill the enemy hiding inside. There is a lever behind the box. Flip the switch and you can now open the door. Once inside, the tape is right in front of you on a console below some monitors.

Edit: Tarot card V is also located in this room, along with the "Creature Gloves" weapon.

HQC
09-09-2011, 08:50 PM
Tape 10: Act III, House of Madness, objective "Go after Jane." After your first encounter with Ernst, where you have to "Stop" twice, head down the stairs and make an immediate right. You should see a door in the left corner and a pillar in front of you. The tape is behind the pillar.

HQC
09-09-2011, 09:07 PM
Tape 11: Act III, House of Madness, objective "Go after Jane." Continuing from Tape 10, you'll move through a kitchen and into a hallway where there is a locked door. After you open the door, the room is a pantry with a ladder going up. Ascend the ladder, where you arrive into another pantry. There are two enemies inside. With the ladder going down at your left, the tape is in front of you on your left on the pantry shelf, the one closest to the wall, tucked in between other items. This one is well-placed.

HQC
09-10-2011, 08:22 AM
Tape 22: Act 6, objective "Go After Kate." This tape is located in the goal room leading from the courtyard. This is a return to the same room from when you originally met Ernst. With your back against the door to the courtyard, there is a large statue in front of you and stairs leading to the second floor. There is a door on your right. Walk forward to the right of the statue and the stairs and the tape is located behind the pillar. In fact, this tape is in the direct opposite side of Tape 10.

Second, let me apologize for all these posts. I realized only with this one that I should have jotted these down in a notebook and made one post. So, sorry to mods and peeps that have to read multiple posts. Also, these tape locations are ones that I'm finding in my second playthrough. I got a bunch in the first and I have no idea where. I hope someone can fill in the gaps.

Snitty 1
09-11-2011, 01:33 PM
Tape 13 was the only one I was missing after my first playthrough as well but i've just just found it on my second.
After helping the guy with his head stuck to the body of a dog, he will give you a door lever. Leave the room with the pool of blood and go outside to the courtyard. You should see ernst circling the fountain in the middle, if you sneak past him the tape is on the right hand side in front of some closed doors up a couple of steps.
I'm pretty sure this is Act 4.

Hope this helps, all i need now is card number XIII, if anyone finds where this is.

Detainee 1304
09-11-2011, 01:43 PM
Snitty you are a lifesaver, thank you so much!

Silent Skeelz
09-11-2011, 07:50 PM
HQC, if you would like to do that I would appreciate it. You could make your own thread or edit your first post to include a detailed list of all of the tape locations. I could add it to the guide. Here's a small list I made using the info you provided.

Act II

Tape 01 : In the bar in the dining car. After "sidestepping" the gentleman on the cell phone, walk towards the exit in the back after Kate. Pan one hundred and eighty degrees and the bar door should have an "Interact" icon. Inside the bar is where the first tape is located. It's a very small space.

Tape 06 : In the cemetery, after you have exited the dungeon, you have to make your way through the cemetery maze and fight a series of monsters. As you move your way through, you should see a large pile of red coffins blocking a lit awning. The tape is located near the coffins. If you're standing at the tape, turn one hundred and eighty degrees and you should see the fire where the two ballerinas were standing at the beginning of the scene.

Act III - Objective "Escape with your life."

Tape 08 : As your moving through the dungeon, you'll encounter four monsters in a hallway and there will be a door with an "Interact" icon on your left. The door will swell with electricity and if you try to open it, it is an instant kill. With the door in front of you, pan right and make a left around the corner. Destroy the large wooden box with your weapon or your fists and kill the enemy hiding inside. There is a lever behind the box. Flip the switch and you can now open the door. Once inside, the tape is right in front of you on a console below some monitors.

Act III - Objective "Go after Jane."

Tape 10 : After your first encounter with Ernst, where you have to "Stop" twice, head down the stairs and make an immediate right. You should see a door in the left corner and a pillar in front of you. The tape is behind the pillar.

Tape 11 : Continuing from Tape 10, you'll move through a kitchen and into a hallway where there is a locked door. After you open the door, the room is a pantry with a ladder going up. Ascend the ladder, where you arrive into another pantry. There are two enemies inside. With the ladder going down at your left, the tape is in front of you on your left on the pantry shelf, the one closest to the wall, tucked in between other items. This one is well-placed.

Act IV

Tape 13 : After helping the guy with his head stuck to the body of a dog, he will give you a door lever. Leave the room with the pool of blood and go outside to the courtyard. You should see ernst circling the fountain in the middle, if you sneak past him the tape is on the right hand side in front of some closed doors up a couple of steps.

Act VI - Objective "Go after Kate."

Tape 22 : This tape is located in the goal room leading from the courtyard. This is a return to the same room from when you originally met Ernst. With your back against the door to the courtyard, there is a large statue in front of you and stairs leading to the second floor. There is a door on your right. Walk forward to the right of the statue and the stairs and the tape is located behind the pillar. In fact, this tape is in the direct opposite side of Tape 10.

SCube
09-12-2011, 10:39 PM
Because there's so many scenes to each act it may be easier to include the exact one its located in? I needed Tape 13 which was in Act 4 Scene 2 & Tape 22 which was in Act 6 Scene 4.

Only 1 tape left which is Tape 18. Can anybody help locate this please?

EL KEENO
09-14-2011, 03:14 PM
Im stuck on 12. 14. 18.

Santa 8aby
09-14-2011, 10:34 PM
Im stuck on 12. 14. 18.
Found 14, Act 6: Go after Kate. It was in one of the cells immediately after becoming Ernst. Just search each one, you'll find it.

GODLancelot
09-15-2011, 03:51 AM
Act II
Tape 03 After seeing the hanged bodies and fortuneteller is right in front of you
Tape 05 In the dungeon Before all the zombies come to life (or after) in the 2nd to last room in a bookshelf to the left

Act IV
Scene 2
Tape 07 When you start there is a banshee and two spitters behind them there is a room with the tape and lots of Volatile Tubes and an Acid Pump.

ACT IV
Tape 15 THE SECRET In the same dungeon from Act 0, in front of the lever that opens the door towards the trap that both guys died.

ElektroDragon
09-16-2011, 06:48 AM
Tape 04 is right after you first brush the leeches off you, lying on the ground. In case someone actually missed this one!