PDA

View Full Version : Does the new Monkey Island Special Edition Collection have seperate achievements?

IEvil IMonkey
09-10-2011, 07:58 AM
Can anybody who owes 1 or 2 (or both) of the xbla games tell me (and countless others) if you can unlock the achievements again on this new retail Monkey Island Special Edition Collection seeing as it now has extra sections etc I'd class them as new seperate games

Any help clearing this up would be greatly appreciated :woop:

IEvil IMonkey
09-12-2011, 08:36 AM
**UPDATE**
Ok I went on eBay and found someone selling a preowned copy, so on the search for more info I sent the chap a question regarding the game and he told me the following..
He already has the 2x200g from the original xbla releases and got the retail version thinking he could get the the 2x200g again but you can't I'm afraid... all it will do is bring your previously played MI game to the top of your games played list =(

So basically, if you have them from xbla versions already save yourself around 16 getting this retail version

If you dont have them then get this retail version when its down in price/preowned as they are def worth playing =)

tastefulmrship
09-12-2011, 10:31 AM
So, it's the same as the ARCADE COMPILATION disc and the WATCHMEN retail. Great! That saves me having to re-write walkthroughs!

IEvil IMonkey
09-12-2011, 10:56 PM
I guess it was a little wishful thinking on our parts... lets not forget they released the 2 GTA4 add-ons on a retail disc for around the same price with only 500g to unlock and yet you couldnt buy the disc and get the achievements again haha

I just think the whole way they worded certain things like "extra bonus levels" made people start thinking it was a seperate thing and the 2x200g was possible to get again

Mickford
03-29-2012, 03:00 AM
Yeah, having the compilation disc is the same as if you have the 2 separate xbla games. The only thing I hate about these compilation discs is that you are forced to play off the DVD and can't install the actual games to your hard drive, which means your DVD drive is working overtime. You can install the compilation frontend to your hard drive which is like a menu for choosing which game to play, but after that it runs completely off the disc. Just don't want to kill my DVD drive :) Not to mention it's a lot slower. Just my rant.

Ali Redfield
09-21-2012, 11:33 AM
Yeah, having the compilation disc is the same as if you have the 2 separate xbla games. The only thing I hate about these compilation discs is that you are forced to play off the DVD and can't install the actual games to your hard drive, which means your DVD drive is working overtime. You can install the compilation frontend to your hard drive which is like a menu for choosing which game to play, but after that it runs completely off the disc. Just don't want to kill my DVD drive :) Not to mention it's a lot slower. Just my rant.Yes he is right. I had this problem with XBL triple pack too!