PDA

View Full Version : The Adventures of Tintin discussion

LittleKitty3
09-11-2011, 06:59 PM
So this game is coming soon and Im waiting for this so much myself :D When I was a little girl, I watched this all the time with my dad. He even read me the comics of Tintin when I went to sleep. :) Thats why Im so excited of this.

I want to know what you guys think of this? Or do you remember Tintin? :)

xsoenx
09-22-2011, 12:08 PM
damn have all my dad's comics with TinTin still, and also one with Herge autograph writing on one of them :D

DEG23
09-22-2011, 11:41 PM
Normally i'm not a fan of movie games or anything that isn't a AAA title until i read reviews but i am thinking of buying this day one, when i heard the movie was coming out i went on a mad comic book run to track down the last few issues i'm missing.

superdupergizmo
09-23-2011, 01:18 PM
my dad is french and he bought every single one in the original beligian bd format, still read them now, they're so cool, can't wait for the movie/game. just wondering, if anyone is reading them again, does anyone else find them a bit borderline misogynistic and even racist at times (tintin au congo). i know it was the era and all but still it's quite shocking at times.
anyway, hope this game will be as awesome as the movie looks. how awesome would it be if you could switch it to french like you can switch ac to italian??

S h o v e l
09-25-2011, 07:37 PM
Tintin was to me, like indiana jones was to kids in the U.S:)

SAlNT PATRlCK
10-09-2011, 11:28 AM
I read and collected comics all through the 70's & 80's and I vaguely remember Tin Tin. I don't think it was popular in the U.S. but was known (sort of like Lego's in the U.S. and Playmobile in Europe).

It looks like it is going to be a good, fun game. I hope they keep the story and era original and not to modern.

kinjoking
10-10-2011, 10:13 PM
So this game is coming soon and Im waiting for this so much myself :D When I was a little girl, I watched this all the time with my dad. He even read me the comics of Tintin when I went to sleep. :) Thats why Im so excited of this.

I want to know what you guys think of this? Or do you remember Tintin? :)

even tho im 26, i have to admit as soon as i saw it on a website like 3 months ago i pre ordered straight away with a childlike enthusiasm, cz at the end of the day, dont we all just want to escape to our happy place sometimes :) its about time someone done a good childhood game. now im just waiting for a good TMNT with the original character design, and a pirates of dark water game. possibly even a toxic crusader game would please me hehehe

kinjoking
10-10-2011, 10:14 PM
also if anyones up for co-op, just msge me and il be happy to help boost.

lethal.b
10-18-2011, 08:04 PM
tintin is legendary. i still have the ps1 tintin game. such a fun game. deffinatly getting this one

Gorsty
10-20-2011, 10:15 AM
I've been playing it since I received my review copy yesterday and it's a fun little platformer. Some of the non-platforming levels (like the one in the plane) can be a bit difficult to figure out what to do since you aren't given much in the way of instruction, but all things considered, it's fun, which is what you want from a game based on a movie.

PK!
10-22-2011, 01:57 AM
to achieve 1000 gs, you need kinect, or it's optional?

Predni
10-22-2011, 08:09 AM
is optional but many time seek like Lego Games^^

its not easy GS, its middle, 10-15 Hours 4 all achievements

PK!
10-23-2011, 06:20 PM
Thanks Predini. I'll try the game coz I like Tintin in my childhood.

marblesetter
10-24-2011, 11:54 PM
This game is really good actually, great story and good game play. Glad i found out about tin tin

neeker75
11-09-2011, 02:48 AM
I wouldn't say that this game is good. The platforming and fights are generic and repetitive. However, this game is surprisingly deep with Tintin and Haddock mode. The story mode gives very little gamerscore. I enjoy Tintin and Haddock Mode more than the story mode. as it plays a little like the old Donkey Kong/ Mario Brothers games on the Game & Watch. Also, needing to unlock characters and accessing previous levels to pick up otherwise inaccessible collectibles adds to replayability.

I actually like this game, even though it's definitely not an easy 1K due to the tough nature of Challenge Mode.

doggystyle
12-01-2011, 03:00 PM
Repetitive gameplay, mediocre graphics and awful voice acting.. This game is ok but nothing more and its very sad because TinTin deserves so much more than this. He was like a hero to generations of kids, myself included, all over the world and this kiddie style platformer does no justice to him.. Travelers Tales should have done a TinTin Lego spin-off wich would probably have been way more fun. Clearly this game is done on a very thight budget and the developers have run out of ideas very early in the process. And quite difficult 1000 Gs to boot...

YhoJo Kinson
12-30-2011, 03:40 PM
@poster above me

To start this game is for kids, so things that may seem repertitive to you are fun for kids. Also this game is one of the most in-depth movie-title games i've came across, there is so many hours of gameplay involved it's surprised me.

Alot of thought has gone into this game and the design of the game brings back the retro style of gaming in the 90's. The game is like a puzzle in alot of areas, it reminds me of the arcade game Braid.

Overall imo i believe this is a great quality game for kids and a challenge for any gamer when it comes to achievements, thats the whole purpose of achievements, to achieve them, not to just pick them up as you play along, wheres the challenge in that??

8/10 overall from me and far better than a majority of movie-titled games out there.