PDA

View Full Version : Secret Achievement

CDAWGYDAWG911
09-11-2011, 08:37 PM
Respect for the Dead (5 points): Your respect for the dead earned you access to Griffin's special weapons stash.

ODST Kayne
09-11-2011, 08:39 PM
Hmm.... I love secret achievements like this. They're the ones you really get from random luck. Unless you look it up of course!

Hot Juicy Pie
09-11-2011, 08:44 PM
Already thinking this might have something to do with not crumbling any of the ashen bodies scattered throughout the city.

Pixo
09-11-2011, 09:09 PM
Already thinking this might have something to do with not crumbling any of the ashen bodies scattered throughout the city.
Thats what I'm thinking... I wonder what weapon we get for doing this.

Aiden 514
09-11-2011, 09:11 PM
the location will proberly in the guide

Darkforce412
09-11-2011, 09:28 PM
i think it maybe to not take any weapons or ammo from the dead bodies, just like metro 2033.

DjBatfink
09-18-2011, 03:01 PM
Respect for the Dead (5 points): Your respect for the dead earned you access to Griffin's special weapons stash.

I just got this Achievement..

You get it on Chapter 4, act 1 Ashes to Ashes....

Not giving away any spoliers, but do not fire any weapons or damage anything, or pick up anything, until you reach Griffin, then achievement should pop...this will become clear when you start the level.

On my first go at this level i shot some enemy's and picked up some things etc, and no achievement.
So i replyed the level as first said and bingo got achievement.....

Hope this helps...

RaidenRain7
09-18-2011, 03:03 PM
Griffin is ICE T right?

Bleeding Star
09-18-2011, 03:06 PM
Griffin is ICE T right?

correct, I heard he does an amazing job in the game

GamerGuides
09-18-2011, 03:09 PM

Not giving away any spoliers, but do not fire any weapons or damage anything, or pick up anything, until you reach Griffin, then achievement should pop...this will become clear when you start the level.

On my first go at this level i shot some enemy's and picked up some things etc, and no achievement.

Hope this helps...
Not strictly true. I shot at the gas canister in the trolley and picked up the collectable, killed the enemies and I still got the cheevo. As long as you walk around the ashed corpses and don't destroy any yourself, the achievement should pop.

Darkforce412
09-18-2011, 03:34 PM

Hope this helps...

ah i knew it dont take any weapons i knew it couldnt have been the ash bodies that was just to show a little creativity for the dead bodies in the trailer.

DjBatfink
09-18-2011, 03:47 PM
Not strictly true. I shot at the gas canister in the trolley and picked up the collectable, killed the enemies and I still got the cheevo. As long as you walk around the ashed corpses and don't destroy any yourself, the achievement should pop.

I was 100% sure i did not destroy any ash corpses,first time around, but i did fire my gun and kill enemies.....
So i'm not 100% sure...what the achievement criteria was for the the level, but i would say, do not destroy any ash corpses (yourself) or pick up items, just to be safe.....
Plus it onlys takes about 5-10mins to play level anyway, if you need to retry.....

Gorjira
09-18-2011, 04:55 PM
I didn't destroy any. I made sure not to fire around statues incase I hit one and I never got it. I was a bit bummed.

XCVii 007
09-18-2011, 07:22 PM
Yeah this one is peculiar, because the traps destroy the ash people.

I also don't know if it matters if your AI team members destroy the ash people as well, since that last bit with the box of critters, they go mad and a few of them get dusted.

mogwaimon
09-18-2011, 10:21 PM
I'm pretty sure as long as you don't hit any of the ash bodies in chapter 4 and go to the gate in Griffin's place you'll get it. I wasn't even trying to get it and when I saw the gate with the little store inside I was like 'WTF is this?' and walked up to it, the girl inside was like 'I guess not all COG are bastards' and the achievement popped as the gate opened. Inside is a boomshot and I think a torque bow infinite supply stations.

Tromav
09-20-2011, 01:32 AM

This is how it's done, it doesn't matter if a team mate or trap destroys an ashen body as long as you don't. Then when you get to Griffin's tower you'll get permission to see him and go to your right towards a doorway closed off by a barred fence. You should see the weapon stash in the room and once you get close enough you'll be allowed access by the woman in there.