PDA

View Full Version : No more shooting galleries, please!

Mr Arrow
09-12-2011, 01:38 PM
Is it too much to ask for a hunting game without shooting galleries or timed hunts?!

I guess developers add them to 'spice' up an otherwise slow hunting game, but isn't that exactly what hunting is? I don't hunt in real life but I do enjoy a good virtual hunt, I find it relaxing. Not trying to shoot animals racing across the screen, or shot 8 animals in 10 minutes!

I understand that developers are dealing with a limited market and it's tough to compete with all the AAA titles out there, but I'd like a decent hunting game, please.

Isanox
09-17-2011, 12:36 AM
I actually like them. The one in Alaska was a challenge.

The Cabella game seems to go waffle between ultra-realistic to arcade.

Goots 88
09-20-2011, 11:52 AM
Just get the Top Shot Elite gun; you'll shortly be singing a different tune. I myself play story mode with the controller, but for the Galleries, the gun makes it 10x more fun and easier. It's like having your very own Buck Hunter Barcade game at your house (hence the reason most Cabela games include galleries, to emulate one of the greatest hunting games of all time, Buck Hunter).

Mr Arrow
09-20-2011, 03:28 PM
Just get the Top Shot Elite gun; you'll shortly be singing a different tune. I myself play story mode with the controller, but for the Galleries, the gun makes it 10x more fun and easier. It's like having your very own Buck Hunter Barcade game at your house (hence the reason most Cabela games include galleries, to emulate one of the greatest hunting games of all time, Buck Hunter).

I never new this-------I'll see if Gamestop has a used one I can try. Is it compatible with all newer Cabela's games?

EDIT: I found this compatibility link -> http://www.cabelas.com/assets/product_files/pdf/activision_compatability_chart.pdf

Thanks for the tip ;)

Chuunks
09-22-2011, 01:40 PM
signed --- galleries = teh bad

I hate that one of the better Cabela's was Alaska, even despite the stamina. Galleries are just glorified Duck Hunts. Bring back hunting, stop doing dumbed-down linear path "dangerous animal" button-mash stuff.

tazmad
09-28-2011, 05:40 AM
I never new this-------I'll see if Gamestop has a used one I can try. Is it compatible with all newer Cabela's games?

EDIT: I found this compatibility link -> http://www.cabelas.com/assets/product_files/pdf/activision_compatability_chart.pdf

Thanks for the tip ;)

Hey man good to see you are still into your hunting games. Well there are 3 games of cabela's coming out and I believe this one and the other 2 you can use the top shot elite, there is also a top shot sport coming out to. 1 of the new games also uses kinect. I will like them all but hopefully 1 of them meets your requirements. Check out these links.

http://www.gamestop.ca/xbox-360/cabelas-survival-shadows-of-katmai-w-elite-gun/310332

Cabela's Survival: Shadows of Katmai Teaser Trailer [HD] - YouTube

http://www.destructoid.com/kinect-to-get-cabela-s-big-game-hunter-hunting-party-210383.phtml

Mr Arrow
09-28-2011, 03:32 PM
Hey man good to see you are still into your hunting games....

I never miss and opportunity to shoot defenseless animals :p

I did pick up the Top Shot Elite [packaged with 2011 Dangerous Hunts] and it's really fun. I love the ease of aiming and reloading. I'm sure I'll be getting all of the games you listed.

With the exception of the 'shoot 75% of males' achievement, the gallery achievements are really easy in this game. I already have (3) of the (6) gallery ones - cake!

tazmad
09-28-2011, 04:52 PM
Glad you picked up the top shot elite, it is really good for galleries but I still prefer a controller for story mode. Are the galleries easier than 2011 as they got a bit harder at the end. It looks like we are going to need to purchase the top shot sports for the kinect game though which I don't like to much, why do we need 2 different guns and kinect, I'll probably still get it as I am a sucker for these hunting games and can't get enough.

FeJ
10-03-2011, 08:20 PM
signed --- galleries = teh bad

I hate that one of the better Cabela's was Alaska, even despite the stamina. Galleries are just glorified Duck Hunts. Bring back hunting, stop doing dumbed-down linear path "dangerous animal" button-mash stuff.

I agree. As more of the Cabela's games come out, I start to lose more interest. What happened to throwing us in a big hunting area to find the animals we need? The linear path thing is not hunting, and I could easily do without the galleries.

Goots 88
10-04-2011, 04:39 PM
Glad you picked up the top shot elite, it is really good for galleries but I still prefer a controller for story mode. Are the galleries easier than 2011 as they got a bit harder at the end. It looks like we are going to need to purchase the top shot sports for the kinect game though which I don't like to much, why do we need 2 different guns and kinect, I'll probably still get it as I am a sucker for these hunting games and can't get enough.

Couldn't agree more. Story mode must be played with a controller. Galleries are so easy with the gun. At least silver every time on Dangerous Hunts, yet to pick up BGH 12 , just finishing a few achievements on Dangerous Hunts 11.

PS - Arrow you will be thankful you picked up the gun if you get Dangerous Hunts 11, good luck with stay alive for 7mins on Survival One. Pick up another gun, just in case you snap the first one in half :mad:...