PDA

View Full Version : Fifa 12 demo

UK x Jok3r x
09-13-2011, 09:04 AM
post your thoughts here oof the fifa 12 demo when it is released:)

iBuzz7S
09-13-2011, 09:20 AM
It already is released, though I cannot find it on the Australian XBLM. Seems to be available for the US, according to those I know who are currently playing.

Edit.
Downloading now. 1.42GB

Game Marketplace > Titles A-Z > E > EA SPORTS FIFA 12

CFC07
09-13-2011, 09:30 AM
I want it now :p

Boomerang Cat
09-13-2011, 09:49 AM
Edit.
Downloading now. 1.42GB

Thanks for posting this, Downloading Now.

Nuclearbiscuit
09-13-2011, 09:58 AM

Very helpful, thanks.

A hell of a lot of people will be looking for the demo under; Titles A-Z > F > FIFA 12 because that is where the previous FIFA demos/content and are found.

CFC07
09-13-2011, 10:00 AM
It already is released, though I cannot find it on the Australian XBLM. Seems to be available for the US, according to those I know who are currently playing.

Edit.
Downloading now. 1.42GB

Thank you :D

IXISHADOW
09-13-2011, 10:35 AM
The squads are not fully updated. Nasri and Fabregas are still at Arsenal. Bellamy, Adebayor, SWP and Santa Cruz are all still at City.

MartyMcFal
09-13-2011, 10:43 AM
The squads are not fully updated. Nasri and Fabregas are still at Arsenal. Bellamy, Adebayor, SWP and Santa Cruz are all still at City.

Its a demo which has been around before the transfer window closed so therefore these transfers hadn't happened yet, as with other Fifa games i am sure there will be a transfer update option in the game to allow for any changes.

IXISHADOW
09-13-2011, 10:47 AM
Its a demo which has been around before the transfer window closed so therefore these transfers hadn't happened yet, as with other Fifa games i am sure there will be a transfer update option in the game to allow for any changes.

Oh of course they will. Just a shame really that the demo has incorrect squads.

CFC07
09-13-2011, 10:48 AM
What teams are on the demo ?

xTGMx INF3RNO
09-13-2011, 10:48 AM
does uk have it?

IXISHADOW
09-13-2011, 10:52 AM
does uk have it?

Yes it on on the UK marketplace as I am playing it.

The 6 teams included in the demo are

Arsenal
Barcelona
Borussia Dortmund
Man City
Milan
OM(Marseille)

CFC07
09-13-2011, 10:55 AM
Yes it on on the UK marketplace as I am playing it.

The 6 teams included in the demo are

Arsenal
Barcelona
Borussia Dortmund
Man City
Milan
OM(Marseille)
ill be using Milan :) How is the gameplay on the demo ?

iBuzz7S
09-13-2011, 10:55 AM
Demo is okay. The training right at the beginning was a bit of a pain in the ass. Stupid tutorial!

IXISHADOW
09-13-2011, 11:02 AM
The gameplay is great, it feels really improved. More tactical settings as well.

Edit: A few players seem to be very overrated in terms of overall.

CFC07
09-13-2011, 11:03 AM
The gameplay is great, it feels really improved. More tactical settings as well.
Whats the defending like ? I heard it was alot harder.

IXISHADOW
09-13-2011, 11:07 AM
Whats the defending like ? I heard it was alot harder.

I thought difficulty was harder in Fifa 11 then 10 ans this year it is even harder. I am an ok Fifa player and I am only scoring a few goals per game. Mind you the game is 3 minutes each way.

iBuzz7S
09-13-2011, 11:13 AM
Defending with 'B' can get you a red card. Mind you, all your player does it just stick his foot out, trying to get the ball. As always, a stupid slide tackle goes unnoticed.

Defending is difficult. Attacking seems sloppy. I have scored from near halfway, twice, so I'm not sure what is going on there. Must've got really lucky.

IXISHADOW
09-13-2011, 11:18 AM
Defending with 'B' can get you a red card. Mind you, all your player does it just stick his foot out, trying to get the ball. As always, a stupid slide tackle goes unnoticed.

Defending is difficult. Attacking seems sloppy. I have scored from near halfway, twice, so I'm not sure what is going on there. Must've got really lucky.

I think it's based around the defending styles. Tactical defending seems to be what is causing the player to trip them. I haven't tested the other setting so I cannot confirm that this is why. Possibly just an added feature to make it more realistic?

NinjaSheep2
09-13-2011, 11:23 AM
Cheers dude . . .

Boomerang Cat
09-13-2011, 11:36 AM
WOW! 1 Hour and 45 Minutes of Downloading, it gets to 99%, stalls for 3 minutes and says "Can't complete download".

Went to Game Library and tried to Play FIFA 12 Demo it said "Incomplete Download".

Then I tried resuming the Download from the Game Marketplace but there was no way to continue with the Download, so I was forced to delete the whole 1.5GB FIFA 12 Demo File!

Angry doesn't even begin to describe it. :mad:

I'm now 5 minutes into Downloading it again. I hope it works this time or my XBOX will probably get thrown out of my window!

IXISHADOW
09-13-2011, 11:38 AM
WOW! 1 Hour and 45 Minutes of Downloading, it gets to 99%, stalls for 3 minutes and says "Can't complete download".

Went to Game Library and tried to Play FIFA 12 Demo it said "Incomplete Download".

Then I tried resuming the Download from the Game Marketplace but there was no way to continue with the Download, so I was forced to delete the whole 1.5GB FIFA 12 Demo File!

I'm now 5 minutes into Downloading it again. I hope it works this time or my XBOX will probably get thrown out of my window!

My friends have similar problems. However, I encountered no issues when downloading, I must have got there early. Probably an overload on the server or something.

Grey Delta
09-13-2011, 12:04 PM
Finding it really tough, defending is a pain and haven't had a decent attack yet. :(

EDIT: I really like being able to see the player when choosing your kit before the match, but I hate the left-right scrolling menus.

mott1993
09-13-2011, 12:45 PM
I can't even get onto the stage where you download it, keeps coming up with 'Can't retrieve info from Xbox Live. Status Code blah blah blah'

So annoying.

Toffeemanc
09-13-2011, 12:57 PM
I am also getting the message unable to retrieve info when I try to add it to my download queue on Xbox.com. I assume this is down to the number of people trying to download the demo?

Think I may leave it a couple of days, 1 and a half hours to download is too long to waste. Will leave it downloading at the weekend while doing something else.

xTGMx INF3RNO
09-13-2011, 12:57 PM
Tactical defending is a good idea. but theyve changed to controls.! i keep holding b !!!

ThunderStorm101
09-13-2011, 01:03 PM
After playing Fifa 11 for soooo long, i mean i was still playing on and offline till like last week, the defending comes as quite a shock, its tough, its mainly the controller layout that really throws me, i use the second defender button on Fifa 11 all the time, its like the main part of my playing style, but they changed it from X to RB which is reallllllly anoying, ....now when i started the game up it did say something about custom controll layout so hopefully i can change it around abit but im yet to test this out.

Maybe its just the lenght of time i used my previous controll set up. Basically instead of holding down A for your player to Rush to the attacking player, he just go into a Jockey type stance, then you press X to complete the tackle, if you press X on its own you just stick a leg out

So now A and X are both used to controll your own player so RB is Second defender. Its hard to keep track of whats going on, Normally i would posision my controlled player to intercept passes to get into a posistion to close down who might recieve the ball, and let my second defender do the main pressing on the player who has poscesion. But with the controll change im finding it hard to keep track of all the stuff happening on screen, maybe with will go once i get use to it but for now at least its reeally frustrating

PS, i always use "Alternate" control scheme whem playing FIFA

Sniper Riflez
09-13-2011, 01:07 PM
the referees in this game are just terrible. I just got a yellow with Puyol for jostling, I conceded a penalty despite getting way more of ther ball than the man and then denied a penalty at the other end despite the fact i got sandwiched and pushed to the floor and they didn't even touch the ball.

martdude16
09-13-2011, 01:25 PM
The defending sucks. Well, I suck at it. Still though...

plum
09-13-2011, 03:05 PM
I love the demo but the computer is way to good and also I am trying to slide them but they always dodge it,sooo annoying

I want to see the new impact engine but they won't let me

CFC07
09-13-2011, 04:16 PM
I dont like it so far. The defending is hard and the game seems to be very slow

NinjaSheep2
09-13-2011, 04:33 PM
The defending sucks. Well, I suck at it. Still though...

The defending is solid, need some practice with that. In 11 you could hold (A) and the defender would chase 'em down and tackle, why'd they change that?

Sniper Riflez
09-13-2011, 04:39 PM
I dont like it so far. The defending is hard and the game seems to be very slow
I didn't like it at first but you get used to it. Play on Legendary and then complain it's slow :P

I had to knock it down to semi-pro from world class on fifa 11 because it is harder.

Btw anyone played as OM, A. Ayew is rapid managed to beat gunners 5-0 with them.

Maynard EFC93
09-13-2011, 04:49 PM
The new defending takes some getting used to, But its an improvement on just letting you hold down A and run up and tackle.

The impact engine looks good from what I've seen and the AI has improved on fifa 11 :)

Can't wait for the full game.

mptuk
09-13-2011, 05:16 PM
yeah so far its cool, havent played fifa for awhile so its awkward with the new controls... have won afew games but not by much its good that the a.i are unpredictable makes the game more enjoyable even though they still try and cross the ball most times.

MxPx
09-13-2011, 05:25 PM

Madden 12 STILL has incorrect rosters...unless there is a patch that I missed. And that game's been out for 2-3 weeks now. ;)

As for Fifa, im downloading it now. What are these new controls you speak of? I hate when they completely mess up the controls...I was a champ at NHL 97...can barely carry the puck in NHL 11...

mptuk
09-13-2011, 05:33 PM
Madden 12 STILL has incorrect rosters...unless there is a patch that I missed. And that game's been out for 2-3 weeks now. ;)

As for Fifa, im downloading it now. What are these new controls you speak of? I hate when they completely mess up the controls...I was a champ at NHL 97...can barely carry the puck in NHL 11...

not much really different just now instead of you double-pressing like using the B button its R1 but even then he dont go in for the tackle just tries to hold off the attacker.

CFC07
09-13-2011, 05:38 PM
I didn't like it at first but you get used to it. Play on Legendary and then complain it's slow :P

I had to knock it down to semi-pro from world class on fifa 11 because it is harder.

Btw anyone played as OM, A. Ayew is rapid managed to beat gunners 5-0 with them.

Ya, I just played another few games and im starting to like it the defending is still hard but im having fun attacking

keymanu1
09-13-2011, 05:38 PM
I'd love to know what it's like, after being stuck on 99% for what seems like a year :)

mptuk
09-13-2011, 05:45 PM
well so far ive found if you dont defend on the wing he will try get into the box for a shot, on professional had a game where the wingers kept doing skills against me which i wasnt expecting.

they pass alot more an with the new features all the players make their own runs so most the time now the L1 isnt needed players will just get into space.

dont like the new camera mode. tele broadcast so gone back to original tele mode

looking forward to the full release should be a good one.

MxPx
09-13-2011, 05:51 PM
not much really different just now instead of you double-pressing like using the B button its R1 but even then he dont go in for the tackle just tries to hold off the attacker.

Will be good for online play. But in regular play, picking off the ball is just as effective. A nice early slide tackle followed by a quick pass after the offender trips over your body...works great.

Oliv3rP
09-13-2011, 06:02 PM
i was stuck on 99% for about 3mins, the whole download took me 15mins max, y'all have slow internets!

mptuk
09-13-2011, 06:04 PM
i was stuck on 99% for about 3mins, the whole download took me 15mins max, y'all have slow internets!

mine kept stopping earlier, disconnected me about 5 times.. then when i got back from the shop checked my downloads couldnt find it. had to redownload but it restarted from 97% dont know what happened. haha

MxPx
09-13-2011, 06:12 PM
Mine went right through in maybe 5-6 minutes...hmph

Starkweather
09-13-2011, 06:20 PM
Great demo i sucked at defending when i played on World Class so i changed it to Professional and the difference is huge in the demo at least :P Im sure i will get used to the defending soon enough to play on World Class again

Boomerang Cat
09-13-2011, 07:39 PM
Phew, I finally got the Demo Download completed.

1st Attempt: 1 Hour 45 Minutes to 99% - Message "Couldn't Comlpete Download"
2nd Attempt: 30 Mins to 29% - Stopped Downloading for some reason
3rd Attempt: 1 Hour 45 Minutes to 99% - Message "Couldn't Comlpete Download"
4th Attempt: 1 Hour 45 Minutes - 100% - Finally Got It Completed

I've never really had too many problems defending on FIFA but they seem to have moved the Defending Controls around just for the sake of it in FIFA 12. I don't think any of the Defending techniques are new?

I would change the Defending controls back but the Defending on FIFA usually comes from instinct so it hard to remember which button is which.

It's also slightly annoying that you have to change the Controller Set Up every time you start up the Demo. I use the D-Pad to control Player movement instead of the Left Stick because it's more accurate, having to change Controller Settings every time is annoying.

Overall though, even after the negatives, I'm really enjoying playing FIFA 12 so far.

Guyius Crickius
09-13-2011, 07:45 PM
Just played my first match. I found that tactical defending was really difficult to get to grips with, but as they say - practise makes perfect.

I lost 2-1 away to Dortmund as Arsenal (I had to). Funnily enough, Van Persie scored first...

bbss
09-13-2011, 07:52 PM
Avoiding a loss seems quite impossible on the hardest difficulty.
Tactical defending seems to screw everyone.

Love it.

MxPx
09-13-2011, 07:52 PM
Difficult? If anything, it makes defending easier. Pulling a teammate over so that you can predict/intercept the shot. But its also optional. You can still control the defenders just as you used to.

mptuk
09-13-2011, 08:14 PM
that crazy noise when you hit the net during pens is quite annoying, glad it dont go to pens that often, havent got no gripes with the game just as many say practice is the key now.

cpu pulling skills everywhere soon as i go in for a tackle an you gotta play it safe or they just breeze past you even when your attacking they get into spaces and block your shots, career mode will be interesting this year then.

hope they fixed clubs aswell last time i played clubs was in fifa10 and they messed it right up in 11 hope its back to normal thats all i used to play not long to wait now got it pre-ordered just wish it would hurry up.

keymanu1
09-13-2011, 09:51 PM
This game is awesome, everything about it is perfect. Also loving the fact that it's hard to win on WC and the AI aren't dumb. Should be a good, addicting game when it comes out!

iBuzz7S
09-13-2011, 09:55 PM
Possibly just an added feature to make it more realistic?
I think you'd be right with that. They are adding to the realism of the game, which I don't mind. At least we have the option to disable it.

Same thing happened to me. I selected it from Games > E > EA Sports FIFA 12 for a second time and it restarted the download at around 95%. Mind you, when the download failed, it was at 99%.

Edit.
Also, I am kinda liking the interactive tutorial. Too bad I won't need it!

FIFA 12 Demo - Interactive Tutorial - YouTube

BIGMatthew182
09-14-2011, 03:26 AM
Defence is hard, Attack is harder than fifa 11 but not that hard, but do refs give decisions in this game?

Sniper Riflez
09-14-2011, 08:46 AM
Thing I don't like is any Profesional and over and ther's barely any shots in the game. You can't 1-2 around defenders, I think the pull thing is annoying they should of kept jostling. Oh and finesse shots suck dick now.

But other than that it's fine, and it's easier to score by smashing it which is cool.

CFC07
09-14-2011, 09:49 AM
Anyone else thing the shooting is bad ? 99% of my shots go along the ground unless i use RB.

harry77
09-14-2011, 09:53 AM
I think its a massive improvement and now I've got the defending sussed I'm loving it..it was a pain 2 learn but closing in on a player while trying to match there speed then press A to stick your foot in at the right point is tricky against decent attackers but satisfying when you get it right and score on the counter..quality can't wait till the full game!

Tactical Tom
09-14-2011, 10:49 AM
Anyone else thing the shooting is bad ? 99% of my shots go along the ground unless i use RB.

Same here with regards to Shooting.

Also, Crossing has been poor so far. Has it changed because I've been using the same controls that I've always used for a Far Post Cross (Hold X to around 3/4 power) and they've all been going to the near post or straight into the Keepers arms.

It definately needs improving before the full game is released.

The only thing I'm really enjoying is the challenge of getting accustomed to the differences between the FIFA 12 Demo and FIFA 11. Apart from that I'm not liking most of the changes that seem to have been made just for the sake of it.

Has anyone else tried the PES 2012 Demo yet? I've played one Game of it so far and I found it more enjoyable than FIFA 12's Demo.

There are only 4 Teams in the new PES Demo, Spurs, Rangers, Inter and Bayern Munich but you can get more into the Game because the Matches are around 5 minutes per half.

CFC07
09-14-2011, 11:22 AM
I have tried a few crosses to see how hard a bicycle kick will be and 90% of the crosses dont make it passed the 1st defender. Btw bicycles are pretty easy this yr. :D

iNu
09-14-2011, 11:30 AM
Thought the demo is really good cannot wait for the full game. Love the defence system, my only issue is the shooting seems a bit off but that might just be me getting used to it.

John SWFC
09-14-2011, 11:57 AM
I'm glad that the CPU substitutions are done with in a few seconds, it was really annoying in previous games having a long pause whilst they were done, usually 3 times in the second half of every game.

demonizer_andy
09-14-2011, 12:10 PM
i cant believe how much has changed and for the better too, the tackling takes some getting used to, but just how the players react to the ball feel more fluid and not so robotic, the keeper seems to be more fluid too, i think the graphics could be a little better on the player models and look sharper but upto yet i think this is by far the best fifa

my only niggle tho is with free kicks and set pieces i wish they would bring the mechanics from fifa 2001 i think it was where u had a target reticule on the ball and you had full on control of the kick rather than just guess work, same wi penalties i think they are a bit hit n miss with targeting, but either way this is a day 1 buy for me

FreeFool
09-14-2011, 12:26 PM
I'm glad that the CPU substitutions are done with in a few seconds, it was really annoying in previous games having a long pause whilst they were done, usually 3 times in the second half of every game.

Yeah the 3 individual subs were annoying, hopefully they'll mix it about this time.

I am finding the newly located 'secondary press' button difficult to master, using RB. I guess in time it will be fine.

In a way i am glad they've removed the automatic-ness of keeping A pressed, for pressing. Although, again, using X will take time to perfect.

ashsimms99
09-14-2011, 02:42 PM
I like the fact that when im winning 1-0 in the last ten minutes, the CPU suddenly increases the pace of the game rather than just playing as usual and also that on legendary, if you get caught out by the CPU, it results in them having a great chance to score. Hopefully, that will reduce the amount of mistakes i make.Hopefully!:)

MxPx
09-14-2011, 04:27 PM

Shooting feels great to me. What controls do you use? RB is for finesse shot, no? Maybe you had a sh*tty player when you took the shot.

CFC07
09-14-2011, 04:41 PM
Shooting feels great to me. What controls do you use? RB is for finesse shot, no? Maybe you had a sh*tty player when you took the shot.

I use B for shooting sometimes with Rb + B and most of the time on its own. I have taken shoots with most of the strikers in the demo but the ball always goes along the ground :confused:

MxPx
09-14-2011, 04:44 PM
I use B for shooting sometimes with Rb + B and most of the time on its own. I have taken shoots with most of the strikers in the demo but the ball always goes along the ground :confused:

Weird...you holding it down long enough?

Try Messi.

CFC07
09-14-2011, 04:48 PM
Weird...you holding it down long enough?

Try Messi.

Ya usually over half a bar but it never lifts of the ground but tbh im terrible at 12 so i might need more practice

MxPx
09-14-2011, 04:49 PM
Hehe...you played the other ones? They're all the same.

CFC07
09-14-2011, 04:52 PM
Hehe...you played the other ones? They're all the same.

I have played every Fifa on the 360. I could easily win on legendary on 11 but im struggling on semi pro on 12. I cant defend and build up play is to slow for me.

MxPx
09-14-2011, 04:55 PM
The play has been getting slower over the years, I've noticed. But if anything, just makes it more realistic.

CFC07
09-14-2011, 04:58 PM
The play has been getting slower over the years, I've noticed. But if anything, just makes it more realistic.

Ya, its more realistic but it makes it kind of boring for me but at least they fixed all the bad things about Fifa 11. Im sure ill get the hang of it but the Full game will probably be different to the demo just like 11 was.

!xobile
09-14-2011, 06:03 PM
this fifa defending is just so different -.- Its going to take a while to get knews to. try it on professional and i always let them run right pass me so easily. attacking feels a bit different but wont be hard to get the hang of it

Grey Delta
09-14-2011, 06:14 PM
I cant defend and build up play is to slow for me.

Maybe you should try Pro Evo :p

CFC07
09-14-2011, 06:16 PM
Maybe you should try Pro Evo :p

I have Pro evo and its terrible :D

Grey Delta
09-14-2011, 06:42 PM
I haven't read every post but has anyone commented on the new commentator? I don't like him at all.

CFC07
09-14-2011, 06:44 PM
I haven't read every post but has anyone commented on the new commentator? I don't like him at all.

I like him. I was sick of listening to Andy Gray anyway :p

MxPx
09-14-2011, 08:09 PM
this fifa defending is just so different -.- Its going to take a while to get knews to. try it on professional and i always let them run right pass me so easily. attacking feels a bit different but wont be hard to get the hang of it

How so? You can move the characters just the same as always...you just have extra abilities now.

From the PES11 demo, play is even slower than FIFA. And passing is awkward.

MikeCorruption
09-14-2011, 08:37 PM

yeh same, i just clicked re-download and it goes from 1% to 99% then 100% within a few seconds, well for me anyway :)

tremberz
09-14-2011, 10:28 PM
From playing the demo I am hugely disappointed. Very similar to FIFA 11, poor gameplay and the new defending thing is pointless. Every FIFA seems to be getting more disappointing every year, its ridiculous.

tremberz
09-14-2011, 10:30 PM
How so? You can move the characters just the same as always...you just have extra abilities now.

From the PES11 demo, play is even slower than FIFA. And passing is awkward.

The passing on PES or FIFA is awkward? The FIFA passing is terrible, especially from playing this demo. Players passes are way too weak. Playing as Barcelona the players should be able to string a few passes together but they can't because its so bad. Way too unrealistic. I thought they would learn from FIFA 11.

Nathan WV10
09-14-2011, 10:38 PM
I think the games really good but the defending is going to take some getting used too. i feel like a beginner again :(

MxPx
09-14-2011, 10:41 PM
The passing on PES or FIFA is awkward? The FIFA passing is terrible, especially from playing this demo. Players passes are way too weak. Playing as Barcelona the players should be able to string a few passes together but they can't because its so bad. Way too unrealistic. I thought they would learn from FIFA 11.

Just hold down the pass button longer.

But I meant that in PES you have to actually aim your passes...you can't just click up/down/right + A

Burnout x360a
09-15-2011, 08:28 AM
Played both demos last night and FIFA is the definitive experience again.

jared_davey
09-15-2011, 08:47 AM
looks great. i cant wait for the real thing though !

xTGMx INF3RNO
09-15-2011, 10:25 AM
I think your not very good and are just raging. Fifa 11 was poor tbh where as fifa 10 was awsome. fifa 12 however. fantastic!!!

mptuk
09-15-2011, 04:37 PM
this was a bad game for me, arsenal vs man city.. i was rushing around maybe cause of it being a demo and not enough time to actually sit-back lost 5-0 lol, i had ton of chances couldnt put them away especially tackling in the box gave away 3 penalties they were just normal standing tackles aswell.

i like how when you playing a someone else the game feels different some teams have quicker passing play yet others just like to play possession trying to steal the ball is near impossible.

MxPx
09-15-2011, 04:55 PM
I'm surprised so many of you are struggling with this game so much...lol. Its easy as cake.

tremberz
09-15-2011, 05:05 PM
I think your not very good and are just raging. Fifa 11 was poor tbh where as fifa 10 was awsome. fifa 12 however. fantastic!!!

There's barely any difference in the games. Fifa 10 was awesome, but it just looks like there's no real improvement here. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

mptuk
09-15-2011, 05:12 PM
I'm surprised so many of you are struggling with this game so much...lol. Its easy as cake.

only struggling really has ive not played fifa for months gotta get used to it again, i like playing the slow pace passing build-up but dont really have enough time to do that in this demo. score usually 1-0 or something similar.

Burnout x360a
09-15-2011, 05:15 PM
There's barely any difference in the games. Fifa 10 was awesome, but it just looks like there's no real improvement here. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

Go play the PES2012 demo then come back, you'll see massive differences LOL.