jamesbong1983
09-13-2011, 08:59 PM
Anyone knows the requirement for getting a S rank for story mode
I have already beat the game in less than 3hrs and 45mins
with no save and retry
but still, I only get a A rank

DeltaKappaEcho
09-18-2011, 06:29 AM
You sure you're getting an "A"? The official guide states "A" is the highest rank and unlocks the Rocket Launcher. Are you playing on NORMAL? If not the rank is invalid. You also can't use First Aid spray (herbs are allowed ), no retries or saves (aside from the mid-game one), give Hemostatic to Rodrigo, traverse 100% of map (enter every room), and save Steve within 2 mins and 20 seconds. If you have done all of this on NORMAL then I don't know what to tell you - the game only gives A, B, C, D, or E as a score. No S ranks.

I noted it in another thread but the Japanese version may list different letters so ensure you've done all of the above because the guide lists that all of that must be done to get an "A" on U.S. version and unlock the Rocket Launcher.

DeltaKappaEcho
09-19-2011, 01:50 AM
I verified it myself. The letter system is altered in Japan. Goes S to D instead of A to E which means you're actually scoring a "B" (based on the letter differences).

So you need to follow my previous post comments to get the actual "A" equivalent score (which appears as an "S" for Japan release).

Just to clarify - the requirements for the ranks aren't different. If you got an 'A' on the Japanese version then it'd be a 'B' on U.S. Version. The requirements for highest rank remain the same.