PDA

View Full Version : Hardest Achievement in the game

TealPavelski
09-14-2011, 02:00 AM
Getting a freakin' Double Play! I can't turn a DP for the life of me!

*Edit: I finally got a Double Play by making a "Great Catch" in the outfield and then throwing out the runner at 1st base.

CrustyDirtDemon
09-15-2011, 03:58 PM
Getting a freakin' Double Play! I can't turn a DP for the life of me!

*Edit: I finally got a Double Play by making a "Great Catch" in the outfield and then throwing out the runner at 1st base.

This is actually really EASY. Either walk batters, to load the bases, or allow "tip off" pitches so the AI is ensured to get on base. Once the bases are loaded any in field hit is a EASY double play opportunity.

I aquired all cheevos for this game besides the "Beat all teams" and "Misc Game Mode cheevos" in two 9 inning games and 3, 3 inning games.

There is no cheevo in this game that is hard!

TealPavelski
09-15-2011, 05:54 PM
Your right. It wasn't hard, but it took me the longest to get this and I finally got it by unconventional means with a catch in the OF and doubling off a guy at 1B.

ASleepyKitten
09-29-2011, 06:43 AM
I also am having trouble with the DP but I will use your advice :) thanks

aboutl
11-23-2011, 10:38 AM
This is actually really EASY. Either walk batters, to load the bases, or allow "tip off" pitches so the AI is ensured to get on base. Once the bases are loaded any in field hit is a EASY double play opportunity.

I aquired all cheevos for this game besides the "Beat all teams" and "Misc Game Mode cheevos" in two 9 inning games and 3, 3 inning games.

There is no cheevo in this game that is hard!
I really tried for 3 days and have NO idea to make a DP......*frustrated face* Since I rent the game from Redbox, this achievement spent me 3 day already......T_T

Could you please let me know how and who to pitch the ball after I got 1B loaded? Which pitcher/batter or (team) is good for this achievement?

johnb
03-19-2012, 07:02 PM
there are no 'hard' achievements but this one (double play) and hitting for the cycle may/will take a lot of attempts

Triiv
10-10-2013, 05:57 PM
Im having trouble with ( One man wrecking crew ) achievement
for some reason.

Eggnogga
10-11-2013, 12:39 PM
Im having trouble with ( One man wrecking crew ) achievement
for some reason.I suggest playing as someone like the St. Louis Cardinals. Make sure to always have runners on base when Albert Pujols is at bat. Use the Turbo feature and hit a home run every time he bats. Preferably play a 9 inning game. Pretty easy, but you just have to remember who you're using to bat in all the runs.

Jamiereloaded23
10-28-2013, 08:55 AM
I'm finding this achievement to be a massive pain in the ass too, whoever said this game can be done in 3-6 hours must have been extremely lucky as beating all the teams with a 3 inning game takes longer then that alone!!

neeker75
10-31-2013, 08:10 AM
I played on hardest difficulty, and deliberately allowed one runner to reach first base. Then I hope (and hope, and hope, and hope) that the next batter would hit a "good" bat for me. It took about 50 attempts before one actually batted the ball straight to my pitcher. I quickly pressed Y and B to throw both runners out. Achievements (full deck, and this one) unlocked and 1K.

Definitely up there as one of the worst achievements ever.

Jamiereloaded23
11-19-2013, 04:28 PM
I played on hardest difficulty, and deliberately allowed one runner to reach first base. Then I hope (and hope, and hope, and hope) that the next batter would hit a "good" bat for me. It took about 50 attempts before one actually batted the ball straight to my pitcher. I quickly pressed Y and B to throw both runners out. Achievements (full deck, and this one) unlocked and 1K.

Definitely up there as one of the worst achievements ever.

I finally got the full 1000gs for this game, would not agree with the guide that it can be done within 3-6 hours, playing all the teams with a 3 inning game takes longer then that alone, plus the twice as nice acheivement is a massive pain in the arse, it isn't difficult, but it does rely heavily on luck, I'm glad now it's finished so I can delete this rotten game off of my harddrive and never play it again!!!!