PDA

View Full Version : What did you play first? (as Arch)

G0LDENEYE 006
09-14-2011, 10:17 AM
I started Campaign and went with the first Arch option and chose AD.

Oh it's gonna be nasty!!

Watch out for that Arch card that lets you draw many cards - I had like 25 cards in my hand and I'm currently low on my deck of 60!!

15 card left but I have a MASSIVE army!!

This is awesome!

2nd turn Terra Stomper!! (2nd match with Apex)

SarDark
09-14-2011, 01:03 PM
Got a bug playing as Arch Kiora on second match:

kicked Rite of replication targeting one of the eldrazi = graveyard just disappeared + disappeared eldrazi + no replicated cards have been put onto the battlefield

truth is I had 12 saproling tokens on the battlefield, maybe too many creatures triggered that ?!

Ruble
09-14-2011, 05:21 PM
Got a bug playing as Arch Kiora on second match:

kicked Rite of replication targeting one of the eldrazi = graveyard just disappeared + disappeared eldrazi + no replicated cards have been put onto the battlefield

truth is I had 12 saproling tokens on the battlefield, maybe too many creatures triggered that ?!

This isn't a glitch. The Eldrazi titans (Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre and Kozilek, Butcher of Truth) in Kiora's deck are both Legendary creatures and having two of the same legendary creature on the field sends both to the graveyard as a state-based action.

Your graveyard disappeared because, when either Ulamog or Kozilek are sent to the graveyard, your graveyard is shuffled back into your deck.

Shinobi273
09-14-2011, 05:36 PM
This isn't a glitch. The Eldrazi titans (Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre and Kozilek, Butcher of Truth) in Kiora's deck are both Legendary creatures and having two of the same legendary creature on the field sends both to the graveyard as a state-based action.

Your graveyard disappeared because, when either Ulamog or Kozilek are sent to the graveyard, your graveyard is shuffled back into your deck.

Yeah you gotta watch out for that when playing with more than one copy of a deck or when creating duplicates. Legendary creatures can only have one out at a time. It's a great tactic when going against Kiora in archenemy to kill her eldrazi by playing yours. She has a few legendary creatures in her deck so watch out.

Also excluding the shroud creatures, I think the best card to use rite of replication on is the Tidal Kraken. When going against tezzeret's deck I have had good results with a kicked rite on the rhino creature that is 4/4 but gets metalcraft bonus to be 6/6. Heedless one in the elf deck is also a really strong one.

Mass polymorph for 6 mana is going to be so deadly as the archenemy if you can get the 7 0/1 or 5 1/1 creatures schemes as well.