PDA

View Full Version : ultimate team question

demonizer_andy
09-14-2011, 01:48 PM
alreet guys im seein a few editions coming out and offers but the best iv heard of is from a friend at asda selling the special edition for 24 quid in competition against tesco

but anyways, just what is and how does ultimate team work, i never bothered in fifa 10 as you had to pay n i got rid of fifa 11 after i completed a season, so iv never played it or read up on it tho i get the impression its quite popular...

so if someone could take the time to explain how it works, how you get the cards , etc etc that be great, thanks in advance

BIGMatthew182
09-14-2011, 06:13 PM
alreet guys im seein a few editions coming out and offers but the best iv heard of is from a friend at asda selling the special edition for 24 quid in competition against tesco

but anyways, just what is and how does ultimate team work, i never bothered in fifa 10 as you had to pay n i got rid of fifa 11 after i completed a season, so iv never played it or read up on it tho i get the impression its quite popular...

so if someone could take the time to explain how it works, how you get the cards , etc etc that be great, thanks in advance

Firstly - Normally asda sell the normal edition for 25 on release but i am hearing it is 24 this year and i dont believe it is the special edition but i may be wrong

Secondly - With regards to Ultimate team, It is a card buying and trading game, sort of like match attacks but instead of competing for better stats your competing on the pitch
To get players and support cards you can either buy them from a pack (12 random cards usually) or search for a specific card online that someone else is selling (You can either Bid, Buy Now or Trade, dependant on the card owners decission)
You need coins to buy packs or to bid for solo cards online and you get coins by playing matches, winning tournaments or buying and selling for a profit. You can also spend microsoft points to buy packs although i recommend you dont bother as they are over priced and you rarely get anything decent.

Anything else you would like to know?

demonizer_andy
09-15-2011, 08:56 AM
how does it generate points then, do you actually paly a game of fifa football or is it card based all the way, like magic or something like that, and yer i thats why i aint bothered in the past playing it as with most things if MS points are involved then its usually overpriced anyways

Pavlos 2011
09-15-2011, 09:44 AM
Hey,

You actually play the matches to earn coins via winning etc and then buy packs for players for your team.

demonizer_andy
09-16-2011, 10:35 AM
oh right so instead of using transfers etc you have a random team, so you cant say pick arsenal for instance then build upon it, you open your packs and your first 11 people are your team, and then you buy more packs to add or swap players to your team etc, whats the maximum numbers of players you can have at one time , or does your "deck" so to speak just build up and you can trade/swap at any time and change your team, if thats how it works im liking the idea of it already :)

Morbido
09-16-2011, 04:26 PM
oh right so instead of using transfers etc you have a random team, so you cant say pick arsenal for instance then build upon it, you open your packs and your first 11 people are your team, and then you buy more packs to add or swap players to your team etc, whats the maximum numbers of players you can have at one time , or does your "deck" so to speak just build up and you can trade/swap at any time and change your team, if thats how it works im liking the idea of it already :)

If you have not played it before you will be given a bronze starting pack. This will contain a bronze home and away kit, a bronze badge and bronze players. You might get lucky and get the odd silver card. You also get to choose a team name.

The last two years there has not been a limit of how many players you can have (I have 180 something on Fifa11) so you can create multiple squads with different sets of players.

I would take notice of chemistry (in the last two games it hasn't been as important, in 09 it was essential) but it effects how your team plays. The higher your chemistry the better, you get it higher by having players play in the right posistion and with the correct formation (every player has a default formation) so playing a 4-4-2 Dzeko in a team that plays 4-4-2 will gain you more chemisrty than playing a 5-3-2 Dzeko in a 4-4-2 team. You can also improve your chemsitry by having players of the same nation or same club. If you play 4-4-2 and have all Man City players playing in the correct posistion your team will be at 95+ chemistry even if none of them actually have 4-4-2 as their chosen formation. Fudge knows why they call it chemistry (I hate the word).

Its not just players that can be traded tho, you can get kits, badges, formation cards, posistion cards, managers, contracts and more. Its great fun.

demonizer_andy
09-17-2011, 02:06 PM
ok it sounds like it could be good fun n iv been missing out, with regards to the managers, and kits etc any card thats none player related, do they have any effects on the game i cant see how they would apart from visual, also if you are actually playin the game as in controlling the players on the pitch, how does the chemistry affect gameplay, as surely thats just down to how good you are at playing fifa

Tactical Tom
09-17-2011, 04:04 PM
ok it sounds like it could be good fun n iv been missing out, with regards to the managers, and kits etc any card thats none player related, do they have any effects on the game i cant see how they would apart from visual, also if you are actually playin the game as in controlling the players on the pitch, how does the chemistry affect gameplay, as surely thats just down to how good you are at playing fifa

Manager Cards can have effects on the Squad: For example Gold shiny Managers have +3% on each Players Contract in your entire Squad. Each Manager also has a preferred Formation assigned to them, meaning a big Chemistry boost if it is the same Formation as you choose for your Team to select.

Kits don't effect anything apart from the look of your Team.

Chemistry is hard to explain, but it does seem to have an effect on your Team. Most of winning games is down to your own ability to play FIFA but a lack of "Chemistry" in your FIFA Ultimate Team starting 11 can effect how cohesive they are as a unit. For example a lack of Chemistry can make AI Controlled players move in to poor positions when attacking or defending and can also effect passing e.t.c. It's not crucial but it's better to have as much Chemistry as you can.

There are likely to be some Videos on YouTube explaining FIFA Ultimate Team for people who haven't played it before. If anyone finds any good Videos please post them on this Thread. Failing that I think there are Tutorial Videos on FIFA 11's Ultimate Team Menu's somewhere.

demonizer_andy
09-19-2011, 09:34 AM
oh right cool, and yeah sounds alright il give it a go when me game arrives me thinks

Morbido
09-19-2011, 05:29 PM
Manager Cards can have effects on the Squad: For example Gold shiny Managers have +3% on each Players Contract in your entire Squad.

Dont some have +3% on teamtalk?

And regarding chemistry, it just seems the higher your chemistry, the less slugish your players are.