PDA

View Full Version : Just cant get the hang of it

Cammy
09-14-2011, 09:05 PM
so ive played game after game after game simply trying to get use to the fact i can't hold A to tackle .. after a years of playing FIFA it is unbelievably hard to adjust and i simply cant get the hang of it .. im a fairly good fifa player so i set my games up one world class and have it barca v OM .. the games basically consist of me trying to get the ball .. mostly its , if you lose it , they WILL score or get an easy chance to score. So i ask myself .. is one simple little thing being missing such as holding A to tackle enough to make me not buy this game?? .. i love everything else about the game .. but , i am REALLY struggling to enjoy the game-play , simply because its such a major change .. of course this is just all my opinion :)

narcolepticshee
09-14-2011, 09:09 PM
Can't agree more with this

Cheers

Guyius Crickius
09-14-2011, 09:45 PM
You do realise that you can change back to the "legacy" way in the Xbox 360 Controller settings. I'm also finding this very difficult to master so you're not the only one http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

BIGMatthew182
09-14-2011, 11:11 PM
You do realise that you can change back to the "legacy" way in the Xbox 360 Controller settings. I'm also finding this very difficult to master so you're not the only one http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

Can you? and does "legacy" count for online aswell?

MxPx
09-14-2011, 11:14 PM
X > A

Well timed slide tackle will get em every time.

!xobile
09-14-2011, 11:59 PM
i usually press or hold down b on the old the past fifas. now i do it on this stupid demo and i make player do stupid standing tackles and they just run right past me

bbss
09-15-2011, 07:00 AM
Love to see people sad cause they can't master a game that still has to come... did you plan to win 1000/1000 on day one? :p

Playing, playing, playing and we'll get used to it.
Well maybe online this could be a problem with the lag, but let's see.

neeker75
09-15-2011, 07:43 AM
The thing with defending is there are simply too many buttons to press.

Player running at you? Well, the tutorial says use LT to jockey.

But wait, dude's running too fast! Don't worry, use RT to add some speed to your jockeying.

Hang on, so you've LT and RT, then what about A to "contain"? Does it actually do anything? Never mind, let's try. That's LT, RT and A. Oh wait, he's already pass me.

No fear, call a 2nd defender with RB! Now, what should I do? Run with RT back to cover the 2nd defender? But wait, if I do that, I'd have to release the RB button, and the second defender would stay off...

... by the time I decide which button I want to press, the opposing team has went on to score.

CFC07
09-15-2011, 07:53 AM
i usually press or hold down b on the old the past fifas. now i do it on this stupid demo and i make player do stupid standing tackles and they just run right past me
I use to do that too so everytime i defend i keep making my player tackle the cpu when i dont want him too and the player just walks past the tackle lol.

neeker75
09-15-2011, 08:19 AM
Also, when you press B previously, the 2nd defender actually goes in. Now, RB simply sends a goon to "contain".

Damn if I want him contained, I'd have contain him myself.

The defending makes me wanna send my pre-ordered copy of the game to the orphanage.

I'll switch to legacy control tonight and truly enjoy the demo as I should.

JustMyReactionz
09-15-2011, 03:34 PM
I was not going to get the demo just so i could have all of the enjoyment on day one, but having read this i might have to download so i can get used to the defending. thanks for informing me.

Grey Delta
09-15-2011, 03:45 PM
Legacy defending is confirmed to be unavailable in online head2head, ultimate team etc. Will only be available in online friendlies & unranked matches so may aswel try and get used to it now.

:(

Cammy
09-16-2011, 04:12 PM
Legacy defending is confirmed to be unavailable in online head2head, ultimate team etc. Will only be available in online friendlies & unranked matches so may aswel try and get used to it now.

:(
For me .. this is AMAZING, as i only play career and online with a friend 1v1 .. use to be big on ranked in 09 and 10 but not so much in 11 .. p.s can someone tell me how to switch on legacy defending? :confused:

MxPx
09-16-2011, 04:42 PM
Also, when you press B previously, the 2nd defender actually goes in. Now, RB simply sends a goon to "contain".

Damn if I want him contained, I'd have contain him myself.

The defending makes me wanna send my pre-ordered copy of the game to the orphanage.

I'll switch to legacy control tonight and truly enjoy the demo as I should.

It's all about predicting the pass. Contain the player...wait for the pass...intercept the pass...profit.

Grey Delta
09-16-2011, 05:21 PM
For me .. this is AMAZING, as i only play career and online with a friend 1v1 .. use to be big on ranked in 09 and 10 but not so much in 11 .. p.s can someone tell me how to switch on legacy defending? :confused:

It's in game settings I think, right at the bottom.

martdude16
09-16-2011, 05:50 PM
The thing with defending is there are simply too many buttons to press.

Player running at you? Well, the tutorial says use LT to jockey.

But wait, dude's running too fast! Don't worry, use RT to add some speed to your jockeying.

Hang on, so you've LT and RT, then what about A to "contain"? Does it actually do anything? Never mind, let's try. That's LT, RT and A. Oh wait, he's already pass me.

No fear, call a 2nd defender with RB! Now, what should I do? Run with RT back to cover the 2nd defender? But wait, if I do that, I'd have to release the RB button, and the second defender would stay off...

... by the time I decide which button I want to press, the opposing team has went on to score.

This is so true.

I absolutely despise the defending. I've tried to get used to it, played a ton of games, still no progress. GARBAGE.

JustMyReactionz
09-17-2011, 01:44 AM
p.s can someone tell me how to switch on legacy defending? :confused:

On the menu before starting the match go to the bottom where it says "xbox 360 controller" then go to the bottom to defending click on it and choose legacy defending.