PDA

View Full Version : Rated Rubbish

Vampire x360a
07-20-2007, 09:45 PM
After a play test by oxm they said that the games were rubbish not worth a buy, they said the games were repatative and boring !! sorry to all you tron fans to brake the news:(

was anyone looking forward to the game ???

WarriorPriest13
07-21-2007, 05:06 AM
The Tron games are remakes of the classic arcade games. I am not expecting them to be like Gears or anything. If they are true to the game and make it like the orginal arcade game then I will have no problem with it. What some people have ot remember is almost all of the orginal arcade games had the same thing over and over.

icedtea
07-21-2007, 07:31 AM
that is how all older games are repetitive and hard to beat

Bounty Bob
08-13-2007, 02:04 PM
I loved the original Tron in the arcades, so I already know what to expect and am looking forward to it.

trichiro
09-10-2007, 09:28 AM
Yeah,
I jst hope level four tanks aren't as hard as back in the day. I must have spent $50 Just trying to beat them. Light cycles are hard later too.....

Berginyon
09-15-2007, 09:30 PM
So what if it is repetitive? What did they rate geometry wars and pac-man...and people buy them. Whoever did the review on that game should be tar and feathered....not a true gamer

FalseHope4829
01-10-2008, 03:44 AM
Ouch I wish I read this post before I bought it. I like PacMan a while back and now I don't. So just because you loved a game 15 years ago doesn't mean it's good. Yea achivs sound easy until you realize that the controls are unresponsive. Total trash. Get Yaris for free instead (which was terrible but better).

WrottenSandwich
01-10-2008, 08:14 PM
I was horrible at Tron back in the day - May have to give it another try........ I remember the level 4 tanks!! YIKES!!

zlionsfan
01-10-2008, 08:36 PM
... Get Yaris for free instead (which was terrible but better).
I don't know if I'd go that far ... but I would agree that you don't want to run straight home and spend points on this one. There are definitely ports that are better and more fun (Xevious and Galaga, for example).

I wouldn't advise using the default controls. I had better luck using "absolute" aiming, although it's still not going to be as precise with the 360 controller as it was with a spinner. (Wish my arcade panel worked with the 360.)

Also, keep in mind that you'll only be able to fire as often as you did in the arcade. I guess I can see why they chose LT/RT to fire, but it still sucks.

It was fun for nostalgic purposes, but overall, eh.

MikeinSC
01-11-2008, 12:57 AM
I was astonished at how horribly it controlled. Outside of the light bikes, the rest of the mini-games were brutally difficult to even play. I am so glad I tried the demo because I loved the game in the arcades years ago --- but wow, it's horrible.

Now, maybe if they'd release Tron 2.0 as an XBox Original...

Nightwing007
01-13-2008, 06:30 PM
It took me a while to get the hang of the controls,but once I did,I was fine.I'm happy that I did pick this up - though I can understand the reasons why someone wouldn't want this.

sprayandpreyoverlords
01-22-2008, 10:15 AM
i remember playing this game at disneyland i spent half of the day at the arcade instead of going around the theme park lol ... i would have liked to have seen the fire button be a button as well as with a trigger i mean why not theres only one fire button,,, but still good classic the one achievment get to level 12 is just lame though ... i mean cmon guys wtf...