PDA

View Full Version : for people having trouble defending

Cammy
09-15-2011, 09:15 AM
change your control settings in the defense tab to "two button" .. sorry if this has been posted

CFC07
09-15-2011, 09:32 AM
change your control settings in the defense tab to "two button" .. sorry if this has been posted
The only problem with doing that is that it probably wont work online and you will have to defend the normal way. :(

Cammy
09-15-2011, 09:37 AM
The only problem with doing that is that it probably wont work online and you will have to defend the normal way. :(

but in fifa 11 you could change it to two button and play online .. anyway i dont think it matters as having the two button option selected takes away the ability to play through balls or lobbed through balls .. which for me is a problem , is there not a customize option anywhere?

CFC07
09-15-2011, 09:42 AM
but in fifa 11 you could change it to two button and play online .. anyway i dont think it matters as having the two button option selected takes away the ability to play through balls or lobbed through balls .. which for me is a problem , is there not a customize option anywhere?
Oh i never really used it last year. I don't think ill use it this year either because i use through balls alot .

romanzad
09-15-2011, 10:42 AM
sorry for being an idiot but what does the two button option do exactly? on fifa 11 i tended to just hold down A and it would close down and tackle for me but I can't get used to the A then B combo for standing tackle :confused:

Grey Delta
09-15-2011, 11:10 AM
sorry for being an idiot but what does the two button option do exactly? on fifa 11 i tended to just hold down A and it would close down and tackle for me but I can't get used to the A then B combo for standing tackle :confused:

And this is exactly why it was changed. People just holding A and B and winning the ball 95% of the time. Now it takes a little bit more skill with timing etc. I'm not good at it yet but I'm DELIGHTED they changed it.

romanzad
09-15-2011, 11:15 AM
And this is exactly why it was changed. People just holding A and B and winning the ball 95% of the time. Now it takes a little bit more skill with timing etc. I'm not good at it yet but I'm DELIGHTED they changed it.

yeah i agree it takes some skill and makes the game more of a simulation then an arcade game, which is a good thing, but just wondering whether there is an option to change it when im just wanting to play casually (usually messing about to get achievements)

Tactical Tom
09-15-2011, 11:25 AM
I got better results with changing the Controller Configuration back to the old "FIFA 11" Defending Style.

On the FIFA 12 Demo for Defence Controls:
Swap B with A
Then Swap B with RB

Then you are left with pretty much FIFA 11's Defensive Controls:
Y = GK Rush
X = Sliding Tackle
B = Teammate Contain
A = Standing Tackle/Push or Pull (when chasing)
LB = Change Player
RB = Contian
LT = Jockey
RT = Sprint

:woop:

romanzad
09-15-2011, 11:46 AM
I got better results with changing the Controller Configuration back to the old "FIFA 11" Defending Style.

Swap B with A
Then Swap B with RB

Y = GK Rush
X = Sliding Tackle
B = Teammate Contain
LB = Change Player
RB = Contian
LT = Jockey
RT = Sprint

will try this thanks dude

fallout frank
09-15-2011, 11:51 AM
You can change Tactical defending to Legacy defending in the options, which sets the controls back to how it was in Fifa 11 (kamikaze A defenders included)

Hopefully the red will make it stand out as it seems no one knows this. I hate the new controls and the stupid jockeying, this basically changes it so its exactly the same as Fifa 11 .

Grey Delta
09-15-2011, 12:24 PM
just wondering whether there is an option to change it when im just wanting to play casually (usually messing about to get achievements)

I'm the same, I never play on world class or legendary, usually minimum difficulty that enables achievements. Try semi-pro when it releases, that shouldn't be too bad.

FreeFool
09-15-2011, 12:43 PM

Swap B with A
Then Swap B with RB

Y = GK Rush
X = Sliding Tackle
B = Teammate Contain
LB = Change Player
RB = Contian
LT = Jockey
RT = Sprint

I tried this last night (welll kind of, as i am used to the old Pro Evo alternate, with X and B swapped).

I immediately felt more comfy with it although i did find myself holding A (what i'm used to) and i need to use that in a timed fashion.

I guess time will tell if its worth it. I read that 'contain' if used properly should or can put the attacker off, leading to a bad shot or whatever. By putting this out on to RB i feel i will not use it. May be a bad move?

Basically i will drop whatever function i am using the least to RB i think.

I am a bit of a 'sprint' whore, so i have RT held 75% of the time and i can't incorporate holding RB as well. RB wont really be used for me.

Is there a pdf available of the controls i seem to recall seeing one for previous FIFA's?

romanzad
09-15-2011, 01:34 PM
You can change Tactical defending to Legacy defending in the options, which sets the controls back to how it was in Fifa 11 (kamikaze A defenders included)

Hopefully the red will make it stand out as it seems no one knows this. I hate the new controls and the stupid jockeying, this basically changes it so its exactly the same as Fifa 11 .

this should be stickied :locked

Grey Delta
09-15-2011, 02:53 PM

A million times this. Makes the game a lot more playable.

Tactical Tom
09-15-2011, 03:03 PM

Thanks for posting, however, this Video says that "Tactical Defending" will be the only option available to use Online.

(i.e.) If you switch back to "Legacy Defending" (the old FIFA 11 style) you won't be able to use that to play Online in FIFA 12.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8gqDuXlbC0

I completely agree with this Video when he talks about not trusting the Computer controlled A.I. on your own Team in FIFA 12.

There seems to be no tracking of the oppositions player runs from any of my Teammates that I'm not controlling. Especially when they are in wide areas. It's something that definitely needs looking at!