PDA

View Full Version : Timed Stages

Darth Cuda
09-15-2011, 10:23 PM
I was playing demo and timer poped up on screen. Can you fail missions from going to slow? That fear is whats stopping me from buying. I play slower that most I enjoy taking my time. Anyone know?

fantazja
09-16-2011, 01:34 AM
i only just bought it, and played just one mission before turning my 360 off (been on all day), but it looks to me that the "timed" part was just for that particular primary objective. once it's done, the clock disappears.

i think it's to keep you on task, because some of the secondary objectives (rescuing prisoners) can distract you a bit.

i've only played on normal, so it gives 3 minutes to finish once the timer appears.

DethGrenade81
09-16-2011, 03:23 PM
All of the primary missions(red arrow markers) are timed. Most missions don't pop a timer up until after quite a while. It's still lame that all the primary missions are timed though because the stages are quite large and beautiful and it would be more fun to explore it at your own pace a la Jungle Strike.

ARKeDGE
09-17-2011, 06:49 AM
If a timer appears, yes, you will fail the mission if it expires. It does kind of stink. However it does make the game more challenging. Lots of the achievements are for completing secondary objectives in each mission. That timer is why those achievements can be pretty tough to get. ALL primary objectives are timed but the the timer doesn't show up until you are down to only 3 minutes.

Delow317
01-22-2012, 09:48 AM
This fucking timer should have never even made it into the final game. What a horrible design flaw of an otherwise good game. Personally, If I would have know that it was going to be this hard to get an Alien Rank, I would have never purchased this game. This time limit destroys the game as far as I'm concerned on Hardcore. As I said before, Even a level 45 character still has trouble not getting hit by those cocksucking rockets! If the Rockets don't get me that fucking god forsaken time will.

Conclusion, I hate timed trials, pushy people that rush through games, and a pushy game design that forces you to go in guns a blazing as opposed to using any strategy at all.