PDA

View Full Version : NBA Scandal

Krueger
07-21-2007, 03:39 AM
Nba refs might be charges with betting on games
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-bettingprobe&prov=ap&type=lgns

Jdm
07-21-2007, 08:21 AM
I saw this on ESPN earlier. The guy was supposedly involved with the Mob in fixing games and betting on games he officiated in. This reminds me of Pete Rose and what he did in the MLB. Why do people put themselves in such positions?:mad:

ThrillKillBill
07-21-2007, 08:42 AM
I saw this on ESPN earlier. The guy was supposedly involved with the Mob in fixing games and betting on games he officiated in. This reminds me of Pete Rose and what he did in the MLB. Why do people put themselves in such positions?:mad:

simple answer, money. the root of most evil. don't believe me? look at Bush.

xFATALxSNIPERx
07-23-2007, 02:36 PM
i just don't get why he would do this. yes, for the money like ThrillKillBill said, but he knows that if he gets caught he's in deep shit

Glyndinn
07-23-2007, 02:38 PM
Yes, this is definitely pretty stupid. Although, maybe he didn't have much of a choice if it was the mob who he was "working" for.

Shaaady Souljah
07-23-2007, 03:33 PM
this sucks, but i can almost guarantee its not the first time game officials have bet on games they officiate in. there are just too many games where the officials seem one-sided. usually for players, it is not an issue because they get paid so much money that it would not be worth it to bet for a little amount of more money. but for officials, i can see it as being a problem because they get paid crap compared to the athletes, and therefore are susceptible to betting.

Sil3nt360
07-23-2007, 07:58 PM
The Mob is going to wack that ref who is giving out names.