PDA

View Full Version : Beta Announced!

Tatanko
09-20-2011, 01:10 PM
What: Rush on Operation Metro (only one map, only one game mode).
When: September 27th (early access), September 29th (everyone else). Beta ends October 10th.
How: Direct download from Xbox Live Marketplace.

FAQ with all additional details can be found at http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/beta.

exo-apollo
09-20-2011, 01:10 PM
Ugh you beat me!!!Lemme guess you saw it on Facebook?

Tatanko
09-20-2011, 01:11 PM
Ugh you beat me!!!Lemme guess you saw it on Facebook?
Yup ;) Happened to check my news feed and just about shit my pants.

It would appear that the Battlelog will be up and running for the beta as well.

xTenebrous
09-20-2011, 01:11 PM
27th for MoH people, looking forward to it.

Mother Beef
09-20-2011, 01:33 PM
Excuse my language but.
FUCK YES!!!!

This pleases me.

Grifter Reborn
09-20-2011, 01:41 PM
Good news indeed! :)

Grey Delta
09-20-2011, 02:14 PM
Haha ya got on that quick Tatanko :p just seen it on Twitter.

Tatanko
09-20-2011, 02:59 PM
Haha ya got on that quick Tatanko :p just seen it on Twitter.
Like 30 seconds after it popped up on their Facebook page. Oh yeah.

Achiever TM
09-20-2011, 05:07 PM
sorry for this "noob" question, but I have MoH limited edition, what's the requirement for start playing it on 27th? I heard EA would email costumers or so but I have recieved nothing..

rc deaths agent
09-20-2011, 05:20 PM
Good news but why never no conquest maps for beta? It's what battlefield was built on....sigh.

Tatanko
09-20-2011, 05:25 PM
sorry for this "noob" question, but I have MoH limited edition, what's the requirement for start playing it on 27th? I heard EA would email costumers or so but I have recieved nothing..
From the page I linked to:

I bought the Limited Edition Medal of Honor, how do I get early access?
FOR XBOX 360, YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL WITH INSTRUCTIONS AND YOUR PERSONAL EARLY ACCESS CODE. NOTE YOUR CODE AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS.

Grey Delta
09-20-2011, 05:36 PM
I cant remember if the early access was on a code with MoH or if we're entitled to it just for playing the Tier 1 disc?

Vegaskingz
09-20-2011, 06:52 PM
I cant remember if the early access was on a code with MoH or if we're entitled to it just for playing the Tier 1 disc?

early access would mean you had to activate the online pass when you put in the disc. Whether that is extended to Tier 1 users, im not too sure though.

But yay! The beta has a date :) looking to jam this for 10 days then exams, then retail release!!!! :D

MediumMelanin
09-20-2011, 06:56 PM
Oh, man, I just hope it's not slow to download, hopefully we can download it on the 26th, a day before the early access beta, so we don't waste any precious time waiting on the download! :)

guillermo316
09-20-2011, 07:10 PM
YES! and there is no school that week!

Achiever TM
09-20-2011, 08:07 PM
OK so I should wait for an EA email? I can't wait to 27th :Bounce:

I'm really excited! :p

Oh, man, I just hope it's not slow to download, hopefully we can download it on the 26th, a day before the early access beta, so we don't waste any precious time waiting on the download! :)
I completely agree with you ;)

km1498
09-21-2011, 05:01 AM
A little disappointed that its only one map and game mode, but I'm still excited. :woop:

Grey Delta
09-21-2011, 07:29 AM
As far as I can remember, I activated my Tier 1/online pass code with MoH so hopefully I'll get an email for early access.

Vegaskingz
09-21-2011, 09:53 AM
As far as I can remember, I activated my Tier 1/online pass code with MoH so hopefully I'll get an email for early access.

in which case, youll be right mate.

Tatanko
09-21-2011, 11:52 AM
A little disappointed that its only one map and game mode, but I'm still excited. :woop:
Well, at the very least we should all be damn good at playing Rush on Operation Metro :p
Do you ever remember getting an email about the beta? I've seen people post it a couple times here on the forums, but I don't really remember what it said or what it even looked like. I think you should have gotten an email at some point in the last few months about it if you did put the code in. I have a hard time believing you wouldn't have put the code in ;)

Harrison06
09-21-2011, 12:22 PM
Cannot wait! i hope it lives up to the hype :)

Mother Beef
09-21-2011, 12:23 PM
They better add fucking Local Only/ Good Connection Only search to this game....

exo-apollo
09-21-2011, 03:02 PM
They better add fucking Local Only/ Good Connection Only search to this game....

That would be the greatest thing ever.

Tatanko
09-21-2011, 03:07 PM
That would be the greatest thing ever.
It would, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Developers seem to disappoint us with this every time even though it seems like it would be a simple thing to include. I wish I were more optimistic lol

CGPsaint
09-21-2011, 03:47 PM
Well shit. I guess this means I can go ahead and sign away another 200 hours of my life to EA... Bastards.

Tatanko
09-21-2011, 04:54 PM
Well shit. I guess this means I can go ahead and sign away another 200 hours of my life to EA... Bastards.
Your account better have more than 200 hours in it or your check is gonna bounce ;)

CGPsaint
09-21-2011, 05:10 PM
I'm not married and I work a relatively stress free job so I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that I have 200 hours to throw away on another Battlefield game. :)

Mother Beef
09-22-2011, 12:46 AM
It would, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Developers seem to disappoint us with this every time even though it seems like it would be a simple thing to include. I wish I were more optimistic lol

The one reason i love Treyarch. They brought it into WaW and continued it in Black Ops, it made the game so much more enjoyable compared to the lag in MW1/MW2. Especially when i'm Australian :/

Oh and i dont know if everyone ready this from the Beta annoucment page-

ARE THERE ANY RESTRICTIONS TO PLAY TIME IN THE BETA?

YOU CAN PLAY FOR AS LONG AS YOU WANT DURING THE TIME OF THE BETA. THERE WILL BE NO CAP ON HOW FAR YOU CAN RANK UP OR WHAT YOU CAN UNLOCK.

Sorry for caps, not me, i just copied it from the BF3 page and they must still think capital letters are cool... Though thats pretty crazy. I guarantee just like in the Halo 3 beta someone will reach the top rank like a psychopath.

Tatanko
09-22-2011, 02:12 AM
I guarantee just like in the Halo 3 beta someone will reach the top rank like a psychopath.
There's a theoretical (assuming perfect conditions) 336 hours to play the beta, and DICE is saying 400 hours just to unlock everything for all 4 kits. Assuming this is anything like BC2, there will be plenty more to do beyond unlocking everything. Even assuming this person was really, really good, I don't see it happening. I hope I'm proven wrong :p

Mother Beef
09-22-2011, 02:26 AM
There's a theoretical (assuming perfect conditions) 336 hours to play the beta, and DICE is saying 400 hours just to unlock everything for all 4 kits. Assuming this is anything like BC2, there will be plenty more to do beyond unlocking everything. Even assuming this person was really, really good, I don't see it happening. I hope I'm proven wrong :p

You really never know, i never hit top rank in my entire lifetime of Halo 3 and i played that quite a bit (granted back then i was never took games that seriously and was horrid at competitive games) also the guy that hit it only played Rumble Pit Beginners or something; the like "learn how to play halo" playlist for n00bs and just would continually rape- kinda lame but he spent some ridiculous amount of hours playing.

I like how there is no limit to the unlocks too! So we will be able to test pretty much exactly what a match will be like on Rush in Operation Metro as we will essentially have our favourite weapons decided upon etc.

Tatanko
09-22-2011, 04:11 AM
So we will be able to test pretty much exactly what a match will be like on Rush in Operation Metro as we will essentially have our favourite weapons decided upon etc.
Assuming you play enough to unlock everything you want :p

TAI JASON
09-22-2011, 06:48 AM
Today is the 22th and i donīt see any mail with a code. I realy got the feeling i never get a pre-acces from MOH Tier 1. Why they donīt go the way like in Bulletstorm? Downloading the beta from the main menue...

I check up my EA account data a few weeks ago and i see, that my email wasnīt right. I change it, but i think most of the people NEVER check there EA account. I highly recommend that for everybody!

After all everybody get the beta a few days later, i mean, wow! I buy this crappy MOH game to get EARLY acces and now everybody got the beta in the same time period.

Next time i save my money...

Tatanko
09-22-2011, 11:51 AM
Why they donīt go the way like in Bulletstorm? Downloading the beta from the main menue...
Because it's an open beta and not everyone purchased Medal of Honor. The only way to make it accessible to everyone is to make it a download on the Marketplace.

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
09-22-2011, 03:31 PM
Wow, thats sweet. I didnt know this was going to be an open beta. Glad I can enjoy it as well. :woop:

Cooljoe
09-23-2011, 03:19 AM
Nice. Can't wait to take on all the noobs.

Tatanko
09-23-2011, 03:24 AM
Nice. Can't wait to take on all the noobs.
Technically we'll all be noobs -- except those who played the alpha on PC.

Cooljoe
09-23-2011, 03:28 AM
Technically we'll all be noobs -- except those who played the alpha on PC.

Well, being that it's free, there will be a lot of very casual gamers playing. These ppl might hardly play games at all... Noobs of the xbox in general.

Tatanko
09-23-2011, 09:58 AM
Well, being that it's free, there will be a lot of very casual gamers playing. These ppl might hardly play games at all... Noobs of the xbox in general.
Of course. Let's destroy them!

Vegaskingz
09-26-2011, 08:45 AM
beta times announced by EA australia:

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=165455&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

CONSOLES:

10PM AEST on 27th for early access, 29th for open beta.

www.timeanddate.com for all those who need to convert timezones :)

Mother Beef
09-26-2011, 09:49 AM
10pm... interesting, hopefully that means less traffic.

Tatanko
09-26-2011, 09:57 AM
That's 8am here, which means I'll just have to set it to download so that it's ready when I get home from work.

Grey Delta
09-26-2011, 10:12 AM
It's confirmed that everything is unlockable in the the beta, it just depends how much you play. Stats & unlocks get reset when it's finished though.

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
09-26-2011, 11:25 AM
2pm for me but I wont be able to come home until 5pm. arrrrghgh

T1mberwoulf
09-26-2011, 12:04 PM
Hi,

i have a simple question. Do i need a Gold Account to join the beta ?

Because, i think i can remember when there was the beta of the game "Blur", everyone who want to play the beta got XBL for a month for free !

But i don't think EA will do the same, right ?

And when they want a gold account, wasn't there a trick on the 360, that when you create a new Account you get gold for month ?
Maybe i can try this, if it doesn't work.

Tatanko
09-26-2011, 12:31 PM
i have a simple question. Do i need a Gold Account to join the beta ?
If I had to guess, I would say gold will be necessary. It hasn't been stated outright that it will, but I don't see why it wouldn't when it's online-only.