PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty setting?

CuddlyREDRUM
09-20-2011, 08:13 PM
Tried two different games, can you not set the difficulty on first playthrough?

TakahashiDemon
09-20-2011, 08:20 PM
Yea you can, when you go to New Game, there will be a selection with Normal and Easy (maybe Hard too, didn't look), I'm playing on the Easy mode at the moment, just trying to enjoy the game.

JuSt BLaZe
09-20-2011, 08:22 PM
Tried two different games, can you not set the difficulty on first playthrough?

This is the second post I read about changing difficulty problems.

I have none. Right when the main-screen appears, choose NEW GAME, then switch between NORMAL or EASY. Works fine for me!

Note: PRO mode is unlocked after playing through the game the first time.

CuddlyREDRUM
09-20-2011, 08:36 PM
This is the second post I read about changing difficulty problems.

I have none. Right when the main-screen appears, choose NEW GAME, then switch between NORMAL or EASY. Works fine for me!

Note: PRO mode is unlocked after playing through the game the first time.

Yeah, I have the US version - it isn't giving any option when starting a new game. You select new game, then it goes into the intro cinematic.

TakahashiDemon
09-20-2011, 08:45 PM
Yeah, I have the US version - it isn't giving any option when starting a new game. You select new game, then it goes into the intro cinematic.

You maybe just have to die so many times in Normal to unlock Easy setting then.

CuddlyREDRUM
09-21-2011, 05:55 AM
Tried that for a bit, not working.

Oh well, it's a lot easier than I remember, I just have to take a bit more time than I remember.

PS - everyone check out how to get the second Achievement, dealing with the lake fish, as it isn't simply story related.

gingeee85
09-21-2011, 07:20 AM
my pal version has easy setting and normal, maybe just us

launchpadmcqack
09-21-2011, 07:25 AM
US version, and same thing happened to me. I hit New Game and the intro cinematic started right up. I actually thought it made me start on easy from how it felt at first, but once i got to a typewriter I saw it started me on normal.

OptimumJay
09-21-2011, 08:18 AM
I know on my version (UK) as soon as I hit new game it came up for a 'Normal' and 'Easy' option before cutting to the opening cinematic, maybe it's a problem with the US versions?

wright3034
09-21-2011, 10:28 AM
maybe they just assumed us american gamers dont need an easy option considering we are so good at video games, LOL.

but seriously, i suck, and i wanted to play on easy...

ghsbe
09-21-2011, 12:32 PM
maybe they just assumed us american gamers dont need an easy option considering we are so good at video games, LOL.

but seriously, i suck, and i wanted to play on easy...

lol, I started on normal and it felt so hard for some reason (probably because the last time I played through on the infinitely easier Wii version). I think I have died like 5 times, 3 or 4 of which were all in the first area :(. It took a while to get used to the terrible controls. RT to aim and X to shoot, that's exactly what I wanted.

Robioto
09-21-2011, 04:23 PM
lol, I started on normal and it felt so hard for some reason (probably because the last time I played through on the infinitely easier Wii version). I think I have died like 5 times, 3 or 4 of which were all in the first area :(. It took a while to get used to the terrible controls. RT to aim and X to shoot, that's exactly what I wanted.

I thought the controls seemed odd. I've been playing a lot of Dead Space 2 recently and just assumed that they were differnet to RE5 and the old RE4 controls, no wonder it took me until Chapter 2 to get used to them. I've been shooting when meaning to reload and all sorts of things.

I shot when I meant to reload against the Garrador, we all know how that ended...

It baffles me why they would change the controls, it's so pointless, all it will do is annoy people. In fact all in all the port is quite shoddy overall, they've put no effort at all into and is the biggest cash in I've played in a long time.

Trombonafide
09-21-2011, 05:06 PM
I'm not sure whether I started on Easy back in the good ol' days on Gamecube, or what. But I remember te game being easier than this. I just killed the lake monster and I've already died four times.

But I'm enjoying it. I missed this game.

A ZombieTwinkie
09-21-2011, 05:17 PM
Yea, I had no option when I started a New Game, either. Just went straight into the intro cinematic.

OptimumJay
09-21-2011, 06:15 PM
Is it just me, or does this version seem more difficult that previous versions? I mean I've died like 4 times already and I'm only just coming upto the lake monster, maybe I'm just out of practice

JuSt BLaZe
09-21-2011, 06:28 PM
Is it just me, or does this version seem more difficult that previous versions?

What previous version, you mean PS2 and NGC right!?

One thing is for sure, there are a lot more Ganados around than on the older systems, figures, Xbox360 is capable of that.

TakahashiDemon
09-21-2011, 06:41 PM
What previous version, you mean PS2 and NGC right!?

One thing is for sure, there are a lot more Ganados around than on the older systems, figures, Xbox360 is capable of that.

I know, I was at the first sorta real bidge bit (theres piles of them at this bit and ones with dyanmite too!)

I was shooting one at the top of the roof, next thing I know there is a pile of them right behind me.. I was like wha because I was pretty sure I had killed piles before getting to this area.. its like where do they all come from.. XD Sure is a lot of people to have been in a village..