PDA

View Full Version : Disapointed by the achievements...

Jack Pumpkinhed
09-20-2011, 08:20 PM
I mean, I am super stoked that there ARE achievements, but come on...

They're not even challenging...

I would have liked to see something like beating Mercenaries with all characters in a certain time (I haven't played it in ages but I recall there was some sort of prize for doing so, yea?) or something more difficult than what is actually there.

Anyone else wish there was more to this list?

JuSt BLaZe
09-20-2011, 08:28 PM
A lilltel late don't you think, I already knew this since the achievements has been released...

NO, I'm cool with the 12 ones. It's a good old game and don't need more stressful pain in the ass achievements. I got to be ready for Gears of War 3 (maybe), Rage, Batman AC and so on.

As much as I love this game I don't want to hang around with the cheevos forever.

Annalie
09-20-2011, 08:41 PM

I would have liked to see something like beating Mercenaries with all characters in a certain time (I haven't played it in ages but I recall there was some sort of prize for doing so, yea?) or something more difficult than what is actually there.

Anyone else wish there was more to this list?

Jesus Christ, im sick of people like you wanting hard/challenging achievements for everything. what the hell is stopping you from doing those things without the need for unlocking achievements huh? so you can show off your e-peen?

just do it......

I like the achievements just fine. there is already one for beating the game on the hardest difficulty.

Bleeding Star
09-20-2011, 08:55 PM
Jesus Christ, im sick of people like you wanting hard/challenging achievements for everything. what the hell is stopping you from doing those things without the need for unlocking achievements huh? so you can show off your e-peen?

just do it......

I like the achievements just fine. there is already one for beating the game on the hardest difficulty.

Exactly! Achievements are great but I wouldn't not do something simply because there was no achievement for it

Jack Pumpkinhed
09-22-2011, 06:02 AM
Jesus christ people....just posing a simple question.

No need to get your panties in a bunch.

IMO if I wanted simple cheevos I'd play Avatar and some kiddie games. For a game like this to have such simple ones it's insulting.

AND I plan on getting the things that should have been achievements anyways because it is fun. It's people like you that ruin achievements. I'm pretty sure that you'd be totally cool with "press start" 10 points.

It's an achievement, not a gold star for tying your shoe >_>

Komrade Kayce
09-22-2011, 06:12 AM
Maybe you shouldnt worry so much about the achievements and just be happy they threw 1k for 12 achievements instead of 200 for 12 achievements at it?

Its not insulting. Its a lack of creativity, but its fine. The achievements map out game progression well enough. Beating the game should net you around 650. Getting the not-so-easy (coming from a guy on his 11th playthrough adjusting to the xbox controls) all bottlecaps takes you to 750. Then beating Seperate Ways gives you 850. Finally, beating the game a second time takes you to the full 1k.

So to 1k this game, you have to beat it once, spend serious time becoming crack with the controls, beat the add-on content, and then play through the main story a second time. This is, stop for a moment when you realize this, far more playtime necessary to 1k the game than quite a few titles out there.

That seems pretty standard and a-ok to me. Its lazy, but insulting is a stupid word.

Guitar LInc0ln
09-22-2011, 06:27 AM
Maybe you shouldnt worry so much about the achievements and just be happy they threw 1k for 12 achievements instead of 200 for 12 achievements at it?

Well, there was no other way to do this. XBLA Games have a size limit of 2GB, so the 1k Points are not a big surprise. But they knew early that the game would contain 1000GS, so they should have really added some more achievements imo.

EliteShadowMan
09-22-2011, 06:36 AM
Jesus christ people....just posing a simple question.

No need to get your panties in a bunch.

IMO if I wanted simple cheevos I'd play Avatar and some kiddie games. For a game like this to have such simple ones it's insulting.

AND I plan on getting the things that should have been achievements anyways because it is fun. It's people like you that ruin achievements. I'm pretty sure that you'd be totally cool with "press start" 10 points.

It's an achievement, not a gold star for tying your shoe >_>

a simple question thats been discussed way too much for this game over the last couple months.

As annalie posted: it's just people wanted a bigger e-peen. Get over it and just do whatever you want with the game. Although 12 achievements isn't that much, i'm happy with the list, and glad that they included achievements

OptimumJay
09-22-2011, 07:53 AM
I think it would have been nice to have added the extra challenge in a game that I've lost count how many times I've completed in the past, and I'm not talking about achievements similar to killing x amount of enemies, just a couple of simple but fun ones like killing 5x ganados with a flash grenade or getting a reaction from ashley by looking up her skirt. I'm loving replaying the game don't get me wrong, nothing is going to stop me replaying this over and over in years to come. But nonetheless the effort for the achievments would have been nice.

Genesis x360a
09-22-2011, 08:14 AM
The achievements are what they are because this game & Code Veronica where originally planned as XBLA titles (Im pretty sure they still released on XBLA in Japan) and then bassicly at the last minute they decided to release them on Game On Demand probally as mentioned due to file size.

ThatKidBanks
09-22-2011, 07:11 PM
I personally can't complain about the achievements at all. Yeah they're a bit linear but we should be appreciative over the fact that Capcom had the decency to re-release a classic, remastered, at a reasonable price. You have to keep in mind that there are a fair number of games out on the marketplace that are released with no achievements whatsoever.

Madjackal
09-23-2011, 02:09 AM
I agree, that achievements could've been a little bit more of a challenge or even if they added more of them, but overall I'm a big RE fan and I enjoy playing them

gingeee85
09-23-2011, 06:46 AM
Well, there was no other way to do this. XBLA Games have a size limit of 2GB

then why does my lara croft take up 2 and half? lol

Guitar LInc0ln
09-23-2011, 08:08 AM
then why does my lara croft take up 2 and half? lol

I don't know^^ Because this is what wikipedia says:

The limit has since been changed to 150 MB, then 350 MB, and now 2 GB, the latter of which is a technical limitation of the system (rather than an arbitrary limit imposed by Microsoft).

Maybe they increased the size again.

OptimumJay
09-23-2011, 01:55 PM
Wikipedia isn't the most trustworthy source :P

Fueled by Rage
09-23-2011, 02:17 PM
I was surprised there was only 12 cheevos. Hopefully if this and cvx does well they'll put the first 3 on arcade

Jack Pumpkinhed
09-23-2011, 08:24 PM
I was surprised there was only 12 cheevos. Hopefully if this and cvx does well they'll put the first 3 on arcade

I would love if they did this. The first three are available on Playstation Plus right now I believe....I would love for them to release the remake of 1 and 0 as well :woop:

Komrade Kayce
09-23-2011, 08:42 PM
No, they are on the PSN. PS Plus is something you pay for to get discounts and games a few weeks early.

They are also between 6-10 bucks each. I think 1 and 2 are 10 and 3 is 6 or something, been a few days since I've had my PS3 on.

And they dont come with any achievements. Or trophies. And they're 1:1 versions of the originals since they are quite literally the PSX games. Maybe you'd like that better?

shakesth3clown1
09-23-2011, 11:44 PM
Its not that I'm dissapointed about the difficulty of the achievments but the amount of them. The size and detail of this game warrant at least 25-30 cheevos easy.

Maiyku
09-24-2011, 04:00 AM
Definitely wish the achievements were at least a bit more dynamic. Spearing those fish from your boat at the end of the docks by Del Lago is totally achievement worthy...

Komrade Kayce
09-24-2011, 04:14 AM
Definitely wish the achievements were at least a bit more dynamic. Spearing those fish from your boat at the end of the docks by Del Lago is totally achievement worthy...

As is bringing down a bat with your knife. All sorts of creative things they could have done, but didn't. I still dont feel *insulted* by the achievements they did include though.

Sgt Scyther
09-24-2011, 06:56 AM
I agree. I mean, it's cool that they give 1000 points and all, but I wish the list was a little more creative.

Evo Kazz
09-25-2011, 07:00 AM
Well Pro looks challenging, although since last time I looked, loads of people have it beaten in under a week since release, so maybe its not so hard??

JuSt BLaZe
09-25-2011, 09:43 AM
Well Pro looks challenging, although since last time I looked, loads of people have it beaten in under a week since release, so maybe its not so hard??

As I posted before, once you can afford the better weapons & upgrades the pro-mode will become a lot easier. Also Ashley's Knight Armor is a big help.

Devolon
09-25-2011, 12:15 PM
They should have put more achievements like the "don't shoot the water" one. I had never done that in the GC/PS2 versions, it was amusing discovering this little extra cutscene. What disappoints me is that Capcom had an opportunity to make us use a different playstyle, use all the weapons, kill the bosses with alternative methods, make you realize you don't know the game as well as you thought you did.
All it takes is an imaginative achievement list, it wouldn't have cost them a penny.

Razorable
09-25-2011, 12:34 PM
im sorry but if you dont like the achievements bad luck!
it would have ruined the game for people who are playing it for the first time wondering 'wtf is a el gigante ?'
i mean sure a kill 100 enemies achievement wouldnt hurt but to be honest i think they are fine as they are :3

demonizer_andy
09-25-2011, 01:02 PM
I couldnt care less if there were no achievements I'm just happy this game is back and I can run thru it again. Wish they would release em all. I used to love s ranking res 2 seeing if I could beat my best times

Felly117
09-25-2011, 02:08 PM
I wish they had one for beating the game in a certain time. That would add a chalenge

JuSt BLaZe
09-25-2011, 02:18 PM
I wish they had one for beating the game in a certain time. That would add a chalenge

Agree! Like this:

No Time To Waste, So Haste 50 :gsicon:

Complete the game under 3 hours on any difficulty. (New Game only!)

Oh and for everyone who thinks this is kinda harsh, check this out:

http://speeddemosarchive.com/ResidentEvil4.html

CyanideSpirit
09-25-2011, 10:30 PM
I would love if they did this. The first three are available on Playstation Plus right now I believe....I would love for them to release the remake of 1 and 0 as well :woop:

This is the only thing i'll agree with you in this thread, I LOVED Resident Evil 0.

ElektroDragon
09-26-2011, 05:13 AM

Not even challenging?!? Dude, I can't even get the FIRST achievement! Too many damn villagers to kill in village 1, and not enough health and ammo. I DO NOT remember the game being this damn hard on the Gamecube.

A ZombieTwinkie
09-26-2011, 05:42 AM
Not even challenging?!? Dude, I can't even get the FIRST achievement! Too many damn villagers to kill in village 1, and not enough health and ammo. I DO NOT remember the game being this damn hard on the Gamecube.

You just gotta run around and avoid running into the house that triggers the cut scene and the Chainsaw Ganados. If you're lucky, you can get one, or two or three away from the rest. Trip them up and knife away. I got through it with little problem.

And, from what I've gathered. Capcom was nice enough to add more enemies into the mix with the update.