PDA

View Full Version : Game Icon Inconsistency

Tonic24k
09-20-2011, 09:06 PM
Howcome the game icon on this site is different than what shows on my console? The one here is Leon's face and the one on my console is a green '4'. I've noticed a few other games to include Gears of War 3 with the same inconsistency.

JuSt BLaZe
09-20-2011, 09:13 PM
Huh, now that you mention it I've noticed it too. Yeah it's also the GREEN FOUR on my screen suitable to the Resident Evil 5 game icon.

Want to know this too!?

horrormoose
09-21-2011, 12:25 AM
I find at least 1 in 5 games I play nowadays has a different logo on my system than on the internet. Sometimes they switch to match, sometimes it stays different.

Personally I have no idea why it does it.. possibly regions? But I sure hope they keep the green 4, looks sick.

TrishTheDish
09-21-2011, 12:29 AM
I posted this same question in a different forum, no one was able to answer. I really noticed this with Deus Ex, sometimes when I look at it on my card it's the icon with Adam's face, sometimes it's an [H+] icon.

Tonic24k
09-21-2011, 12:38 AM
Does anyone know where I can find the "green 4" game tile on the internet? I catalog my completed games on my computer and would like to use that tile instead of the "Leon Face" one. lol

i got squeezed
09-21-2011, 01:11 AM
Dead Island has the same problem. I like the Leonsface better in the recent played icon then the green "4"

Edit: I'm now seeing another icon with Leons face turned toward the little area with a dark blue background.

JuSt BLaZe
09-21-2011, 09:31 AM
Does anyone know where I can find the "green 4" game tile on the internet? I catalog my completed games on my computer and would like to use that tile instead of the "Leon Face" one. lol

What the hell, I tried to look everywhere, couldn't find anything. :(

TVthePunisher
09-21-2011, 09:58 AM
Very strange...it's like the L.A. Noire thing guys. Like for example in my 360voice sig it shows as the title "L.A. NOIRE" but on my 360 it shows Cole's face. RE4 is showing two different Leon's, on the 360 it shows him with a blue background...but on here it shows the image xbox360achievements originally had up as the cover.

Predator Pete
09-21-2011, 10:50 AM
Very strange...it's like the L.A. Noire thing guys. Like for example in my 360voice sig it shows as the title "L.A. NOIRE" but on my 360 it shows Cole's face. RE4 is showing two different Leon's, on the 360 it shows him with a blue background...but on here it shows the image xbox360achievements originally had up as the cover.

The two icons change depending on the circumstances. If you haven't played the game, it displays the first icon, if you have then you get the second. If there's nothing to compare the game listing to, then it will show as the default first icon again. Why does this happen? Variety? To make our lives difficult? Who knows :)

Tonic24k
09-21-2011, 01:33 PM
What the hell, I tried to look everywhere, couldn't find anything. :(

Same here. I think this whole issue derives from when the XBOX official site changed their site format. Currently, they use the actual box cover art for each game. Originally, they used the games' main tile on their site which, if I'm not mistaken, this site pulled from to use here.

halofan1989
09-21-2011, 07:16 PM
Not only that, but Resident Evil 4 on my compare games list isn't even capitalized.

"resident evil 4"

Stands out like a sore thumb, and really gets to my OCD.
Disappointing, Capcom.
-___-

TVthePunisher
09-21-2011, 07:22 PM
Well L.A. Noire's icon differs from list to list. I've completed the game, played it on Xbox Live, etc...yet on my console it shows Cole's face and for the longest time in my 360voice sig, it showed the same thing. But it changed to show the title L.A. NOIRE. So I don't think it has to do with whether or not I've played a game...like for example, the Gears of War 3 Icon differs between Marcus's face or the cog symbol.

And Dead Rising 2 for that matter, when I was playing it my recently played games showed it as DR2, like Case Zero and Case West just without the Case thing on it. But otherwise it appears as "Dead Rising 2". For the longest time there was this glitch between Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic the Hedgehog 2 where both games would have the same exact icon! Yeah, Sonic 2 would have the Sonic 1 icon.

JuSt BLaZe
09-21-2011, 07:59 PM
Not only that, but Resident Evil 4 on my compare games list isn't even capitalized.

"resident evil 4"

Disappointing, Capcom.
-___-

Haha yeah when I told that to everyone in my Party they started laughing. I wonder why the put it in all lower case.

Tonic24k
09-21-2011, 08:57 PM
Haha yeah when I told that to everyone in my Party they started laughing. I wonder why the put it in all lower case.

The only reason I can think is that the title screen has it in all lower case. Perhaps they wanted to keep it uniform to that.

Evo Kazz
09-21-2011, 11:05 PM
The lower case annoyed me too lmao

8BitSoul
09-21-2011, 11:43 PM
I've notcied a similair thing regarding the game's cover / artwork. Someone might already have mentioned it, but it doesn't hurt if i mention it again... When i went to download RE4 from Games on Demand, the boxart had a white background, with some black trees and a silhouette or Dr Salvador (i think it's identical to the Wii boxart, at least the PAL ver.). When i had finished downloading the game, i went to Game Library and started playing. After a couple of hours, I decided to take a quick break and turn of my xbox for a couple of minutes. When i signed back in, I noticed that the games boxart featured in the "Recently Played" tab, had a blue background, with a picture of Leon on it, instead of the white one with Dr. Slavador... The boxart featured in Games on Demand is still the white one though. Guess this is sort of related to the topic here, different boxarts, different thumbs... At least the boxart doesn't keep changing at random:P Still, I find it to be a little weird!

The Bum-Mobile
09-22-2011, 12:53 AM
I've been wondering that for awhile now. The icons on the console are different from here on the site. Deus Ex, Gears 3, Brink, and this just off the top of my head.

Cyano Khaar
09-22-2011, 03:44 AM
I was wondering the same thing. I see it happen with a lot of other games too. Like others in this topic have said, LA Noire, Deus Ex, Brink, and a few others have this same issue.

The picture doesn't bug me that much, it's the lower case letters that bother me. It just looks sloppy. How tough is it to capitalize your letters?

Splinter Cell Conviction has something similar where it's spelled without any spaces. So it looks like "SplinterCellConviction".

I swear it would take 10 seconds for the devs to look over and fix these very simple things before launch.

Komrade Kayce
09-22-2011, 06:51 AM
Did you consider they did it for stylistic reasons and it was intentional?

Look at the case art for RE 4 again.

JuSt BLaZe
09-22-2011, 10:31 AM
Did you consider they did it for stylistic reasons and it was intentional?

Look at the case art for RE 4 again.

Let's just say it's an weird Easter Egg. :p

eastx
09-22-2011, 11:58 AM
An all-lowercase title is better than games whose titles are entirely capitalized, like COLLAPSE! for WP7. 'Cause you know, all caps is shouting.

i got squeezed
09-22-2011, 07:17 PM

"resident evil 4"

Disappointing, Capcom.
-___-

Yeah same here, I would've loved for it to say "Resident Evil 4 HD" but Capcom had to suck ass and not put a capital R or E

macgyver893
09-22-2011, 09:26 PM
Didn't Dead Space 2 have the same thing too?

I don't like the all lower-case title either.

Tonic24k
09-23-2011, 04:52 PM
So no one has found it yet? I almost want to offer microsoft points to the first person to find it on the internet. lol. ....not really.

Komrade Kayce
09-23-2011, 05:22 PM
Im glad you guys paid attention to what I said. The title of the game is indeed 'resident evil 4', no caps. Look at the case for the game again. No capital letters was intentional.