PDA

View Full Version : Important information for all German XBox LIVE Users

Guitar LInc0ln
09-21-2011, 10:23 AM
If you are looking forward to buy Resident Evil 4, you should be aware of the following:

Like the GC, PS2 and the Wii Version the XBox360 Version will as well be censored and missing content. This has officially been confirmed by iamgamer.de (http://www.iamgamer.de/news/capcom/resident-evil-4-hd-ab-heute-verfuegbar/)

As well as "The Mercenaries" there's a high chance that also "Assignment Ada" will be missing.
------------------------------------------------
Edit:
Everyone who's curious about the exact changes may have a look at this report at Schnittberichte.com (http://www.schnittberichte.com/schnittbericht.php?ID=3219) (A German website which informs about upcoming censorships in movies and video games). Even though it's the report about the PS2 Version, you can be sure this also hits the censorship of the XBox 360 Version (as the Wii Version was censored the same way). Such a shame...

Robioto
09-21-2011, 10:52 AM
How lame is that? Why would they remove that content?

JuSt BLaZe
09-21-2011, 11:10 AM
Interesting info but not surprising @ all since it has the USK stamp on it.

Well I'm just happy to play SEPERATE WAYS in order to get my full 1000 :gsicon:

Free Beer
09-21-2011, 02:45 PM
What content is missing?

JuSt BLaZe
09-21-2011, 03:13 PM
What content is missing?

You're not from Germany right, so I guess it won't bother you.

Still on my way to figure it out by playing it through. Cause in the beginning there is only the main-game accessible.

thecrimsontwist
09-21-2011, 05:04 PM
hello everybody! i'm from germany, too, so i'm also curious if something's missing. looking at the size of the game (3,59GB on every marketplace) couldn't it be, that we in germany will just have to change location settings, like we had to do with Portal:Still Alive (to switch on blood)?!

crimson

bob101910
09-21-2011, 05:25 PM
This does suck. Sorry people that live in Germany. I have a Halo 3 youtube video that is banned in Germany. All strange to me.

Evil Dobermann
09-21-2011, 05:35 PM
I guess the only chance to get it uncut will be to buy it with a non-german account via VPN. :mad:

JuSt BLaZe
09-21-2011, 05:48 PM
I guess the only chance to get it uncut will be to buy it with a non-german account via VPN. :mad:

Yup but for common users this is a hell of effort. That's why I waived @ the arcade tiltes of Dead Rising. Really sucks.

My friend just confirmed it (he finished it). NO MERCENARIES & ADA'S ASSIGNMENT for the German version.

Guitar LInc0ln
09-21-2011, 06:05 PM
My friend just confirmed it (he finished it). NO MERCENARIES & ADA'S ASSIGNMENT for the German version.

thank you for confirming it JuSt BLaZe. I also updated the first post with some more information and a link to the censorship report.

OptimumJay
09-21-2011, 06:06 PM
Yup but for common users this is a hell of effort. That's why I waived @ the arcade tiltes of Dead Rising. Really sucks.

Holy s**t! really? Did you guys get it discounted then? otherwise that is atrocious!

Hawaiian
09-21-2011, 06:18 PM
So is this game region locked then? Or can we download it without VPN from Austrian Marketplace?

@OptimumJay No, it's 1680 Microsoft Points on German Marketplace.

N7 Johnny Clash
09-21-2011, 06:27 PM
Ah Jesus, I just bought the cut version of RE4?
Again...

Thats damn silly, we got Gears 3 Uncut...

JuSt BLaZe
09-21-2011, 06:30 PM
thank you for confirming it JuSt BLaZe. I also updated the first post with some more information and a link to the censorship report.

No problem. :) More updates/infos will come as soon as I've finished my first NORMAL runthrough. Cross fingers for SEPERATE WAYS or I'll go crazy.

Ah Jesus, I just bought the cut version of RE4?
Again...

Haha yeah. Oh well @ least the main-game isn't cut. But I didn't expect much due to the USK stamp.

N7 Johnny Clash
09-21-2011, 06:36 PM
No problem. :) More updates/infos will come as soon as I've finished my first NORMAL runthrough. Cross fingers for SEPERATE WAYS or I'll go crazy.

Haha yeah. Oh well @ least the main-game isn't cut. But I didn't expect much due to the USK stamp.

I`m trying to remember-The Cuts in RE4 where the same ones as in RE5-The Extra Modes.
Wasnt it that the USK got pissed because Capcom showed them a *Demo* Version of RE4 without the Extra Modes and thats why they got canned?
Or whas that the Story of RE5?

Ah well, heres hoping for a RE HD Retail Collection thats REGIONFREE

(BTW will enjoy it anyways)

edit
iamgamer says that ONLY the Merc-Mode is missing

thecrimsontwist
09-21-2011, 06:59 PM
are you reaaaaally sure changing location settings won't affect the game? i just don't accept that the f@cked us up again...

KoRnFanBob
09-21-2011, 08:03 PM
...and how do I get now 1000GS ???? :(

Guitar LInc0ln
09-21-2011, 08:05 PM
are you reaaaaally sure changing location settings won't affect the game? i just don't accept that the f@cked us up again...

Nope, unfortunately changing the location doesn't affect anything. The only way to get the game as it was meant to be played is: Foreign (for example an austrian) XBox LIVE Account and a (VPN changed) ip adress outside of Germany. Games on XBox LIVE Marketplace have a region lock and (in cases like this) also an IP lock.

...and how do I get now 1000GS ???? :(

Well that's still possible. None of the censorships or removed gametypes will affect the achievements themself, as they can all become obtained by playing through the main game and Separate Ways.

uhKillswitch
09-21-2011, 10:34 PM
Just to let you guys know. I downloaded the UK version of this game from my UK-account a couple of hours ago and everything works fine. So no need for VPN or anything. Just get this baby uncut my German fellas.

JuSt BLaZe
09-21-2011, 11:00 PM
Just to let you guys know. I downloaded the UK version of this game from my UK-account a couple of hours ago and everything works fine. So no need for VPN or anything. Just get this baby uncut my German fellas.

Interesting, too bad I was already lock & loaded with 1600 MSP on my actual account. Besides as long as I can earn the fully 1000 :gsicon: I'm cool without Mercanaries & Ada's Assignment.

Nice heads-up though.

Evil Dobermann
09-22-2011, 12:24 AM
Guys how can you pay in MS points on the marketplace?

Xbox live tells me:
German account: 19,99 €
Swiss account: 29,99 SFR
UK account: £ 14.99

Can I switch the payment options to MS points? :confused:

Guitar LInc0ln
09-22-2011, 06:00 AM
Guys how can you pay in MS points on the marketplace?

Xbox live tells me:
German account: 19,99 €
Swiss account: 29,99 SFR
UK account: £ 14.99

Can I switch the payment options to MS points? :confused:

yes you can. At the point where you have to choose your payment option, there's a note at the bottom of your screen (I also didn't see it in the first place^^) which tells you to press X to change the option to pay with MS points.

TaiCoon
09-22-2011, 10:15 AM
Fuck!!! Not again!!!
I bought it yesterday :(

Im not interesstet in "the mercenaries" but what is "ASSIGNMENT ADA"?
I hope it is not the "seperate ways" mode.

Hawaiian
09-22-2011, 10:19 AM

Nice, thanks for the info.

And does anyone know if same things will happen to Resident Evil Code: Veronica X HD?

Guitar LInc0ln
09-22-2011, 10:27 AM
Nice, thanks for the info.

And does anyone know if same things will happen to Resident Evil Code: Veronica X HD?

Code Veronica is on the Index (or better said "indexed"), you won't be able to buy it on the German Marketplace. You need a foreign account to get your hands on it.

JuSt BLaZe
09-22-2011, 10:29 AM
Im not interesstet in "the mercenaries" but what is "ASSIGNMENT ADA"?
I hope it is not the "seperate ways" mode.

Trust me SEPERATE WAYS is more worth it:

Assignment: Ada is a minigame featured in Resident Evil 4 after completing the game. The game begins where Ada first goes onto the island. She must find five samples of the Las Plagas parasite that are scattered across the island. It's a short one!

Seperate Ways: The scenario stars Ada Wong. Spread out over five chapters (two for the village, one for the castle, two for the island), it is considerably longer and more complex than Assignment: Ada, with save points!

We'll see that in about 5 days but it's definitely CUT for us.

joe joe
09-22-2011, 10:47 AM
the mercenaries was a load of crap any way so i wont miss it but i hope assignment ada are still there

MR MACLAINE
09-22-2011, 10:56 PM
kurze frage an die deutsch sprechenden gamer hier :

die ösi version ist aber uncut oder? und ich hab eben schon rausgelesen das es im uk ohne vpn geht - würd allerdings schon gerne die deutschsprachige ösi version haben ...

aber wie immer : voll behämmert :(

Evil Dobermann
09-22-2011, 11:34 PM
yes you can. At the point where you have to choose your payment option, there's a note at the bottom of your screen (I also didn't see it in the first place^^) which tells you to press X to change the option to pay with MS points.
You are my hero. :drunk I've never noticed the line at the bottom of the screen. ^^

JuSt BLaZe
09-23-2011, 04:10 AM
kurze frage an die deutsch sprechenden gamer hier :

die ösi version ist aber uncut oder? und ich hab eben schon rausgelesen das es im uk ohne vpn geht - würd allerdings schon gerne die deutschsprachige ösi version haben ...

aber wie immer : voll behämmert :(

(Keep in mind, on this site ALWAYS ENGLISH PLEASE!)

There has never been a German Audio Option support for Resident Evil in Europe. If you asking for German subtitles & the in-game layout, I can confirm that the German USK version has them and so will the AT-version probably too.

Just checked it only for you, since my language setting on my console is English all the time. :)

Guitar LInc0ln
09-23-2011, 07:45 AM
We'll see that in about 5 days but it's definitely CUT for us.

Code Veronica is on the German index. It won't be released on the German Marketplace, unfortunately.

There has never been a German Audio Option support for Resident Evil in Europe. If you asking for German subtitles & the in-game layout, I can confirm that the German USK version has them and so will the AT-version probably too.

Yep, there's no German audio support, but that's not really related to Resident Evil. Some Publishers (Rockstar Games, Capcom) NEVER dub any of their games (Resident Evil, GTA, Dead Rising, L.A. Noire etc.), so it's not basically about Resident Evil^^

I have the AT-Version, but my console is set to English language most of the time. Even though I can't confirm it I am 100% sure that the AT-Version will have German subtitles as long as the language in the XBox setting is set to German. The PS2 and the Wii Version of Resident Evil 4 (AT-Version) had German subtitles as well.

JuSt BLaZe
09-23-2011, 12:52 PM
Code Veronica is on the German index. It won't be released on the German Marketplace, unfortunately.

Hope dies last. :p I know I know. Let's see what the UK marketplace offers.

L0cke89
09-23-2011, 03:13 PM
Well, besides all the normal versions of the game (Cube, Wii, PS2, PS2-CE, PC) I also own the US-Cube Version so I already played the bonus content a lot. Not that bad.

But I hate the fact that Code Veronica is still on the index. After we finally got Doom they should also look into any game from the past genereration. Code Veronica would never get on the index by nowadays standarts. Never knew why it got on there in the first place as it's no more gore than previous entries. Also after getting Gears 3, both Dead Space 1&2, God of War 3 and RE 5 I don't see why not.

I got my fingers crossed, put 2100 MSP on my austrian account and hope that I can download it early in the morning like it was possible with some other games. You can always find the game, before it is featured in the NEW section of the market place. For RE4 I had to search in All games. If I went to R and looked, no RE4 at the time.

If that doesn't work, I'll try to get my VPN working again like I did half a year ago for both Dead Rising 2 cases.

CONKER1182
09-23-2011, 04:46 PM
Sucks to live in Germany when it comes to video games nowadays. :mad: Maybe Capcom will release this on the disc and all that German gamers have to do is import the versions that aren`t censored.

JuSt BLaZe
09-23-2011, 06:03 PM
Sucks to live in Germany when it comes to video games nowadays. :mad: Maybe Capcom will release this on the disc and all that German gamers have to do is import the versions that aren`t censored.

True true, but you'll get used to it, no other choice. :)

GERMAN USK-VERSION UPDATE:

After playing through the main-story with Leon & Ashley, the unlocks will be:

Infinite Rocket Launcher - 1.000.000 Pesetas
Matilda - 70.000 Pesetas

Special costumes: Leon's blue RPD outfit, Ashley's white Disco outfit.

Difficulty: PROFESSIONAL

You can still choose between Special 1/Special 2 & Normal costumes but your inventory starts from scratch!

After playing through the scenario SEPERATE WAYS (unlocked for playing through the main-game):

Chicago Typewriter - 300.000 Pesetas (in Seperate Ways)
Chicago Typewriter - 1.000.000 Pesetas (in Main-game)

Special costumes 2: Leon's Mafia outfit (+ cool hat animation), Ashley's Knight armor (good for PRO run)

Ada sticks to her hot red dress, no alternative costume!

Difficulty: None!

Guitar LInc0ln
09-23-2011, 08:29 PM
no Handgun or P.R.L. 412??

JuSt BLaZe
09-23-2011, 08:32 PM
no Handgun or P.R.L. 412??

Nope I think you'll unlock both Handcannon & P.R.L. 412 after your PRO run. I'm on it.

Tk l GaMBit
09-27-2011, 04:22 PM
Hi,

it's maybe a stupid question, but am I still able to achieve 1000 GS with the German USK version of the game? Or do some achievements just unlock with the stuff that is cut in the German version?

I don't have a clue how to do this VPN thingy so I am thinking about swallow the bitter pill and getting the cut version. But if it keeps me away of the 1000 GS I would be very pissed ^^

JuSt BLaZe
09-27-2011, 04:27 PM
Hi,

it's maybe a stupid question, but am I still able to achieve 1000 GS with the German USK version of the game? Or do some achievements just unlock with the stuff that is cut in the German version?

I don't have a clue how to do this VPN thingy so I am thinking about swallow the bitter pill and getting the cut version. But if it keeps me away of the 1000 GS I would be very pissed ^^

No stupid question @ all. I can confirm for you IT'S POSSIBLE to achieve the full 1000 :gsicon:with the USK-Version.

Besides, you're are only missing out on THE MERCENARIES & ASSIGNMENT ADA. The main-game is 100% UNCUT, same goes for SEPERATE WAYS. Go download it right away!

Hope this helps! :)

Tk l GaMBit
09-27-2011, 06:02 PM
No stupid question @ all. I can confirm for you IT'S POSSIBLE to achieve the full 1000 :gsicon:with the USK-Version.

Besides, you're are only missing out on THE MERCENARIES & ASSIGNMENT ADA. The main-game is 100% UNCUT, same goes for SEPERATE WAYS. Go download it right away!

Hope this helps! :)

Hey thank you for your quick reply! This helps me to draw a conclusion about this one, I ve got the uncut CG Version in a Cardboard box somewhere, thus I am satisfied with a full 1000 GS and a nicer HD looks ^^

I am going to download it right away after finishing Code Veronica X ;-)

Corma
10-02-2011, 08:35 AM
Am I too stupid or is there really no way to disable german subtitles?

JuSt BLaZe
10-02-2011, 10:00 AM
Am I too stupid or is there really no way to disable german subtitles?

Hehe of course, set your Xbox360 language to ENGLISH. But be warned, everything else will also be affected if you do so, meaning menu, items etc. ;)

Corma
10-02-2011, 10:05 AM
thx, worth a try - if I don't get english subtitles in exchange :)

Works perfect, no english subtitles and best of all I've secured the ballistics and did not get the stupid german title of that achievement ;)

Sadly I've to turn the setting back to german every time I play a Guitar Hero game. The saves are connected to the system language. :(

myalt22
10-06-2011, 03:30 PM
Damn, I feel it for you guys :(

Hopefully in future you'll get a government not run by old technophobes.

JuSt BLaZe
10-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Damn, I feel it for you guys :(

Hopefully in future you'll get a government not run by old technophobes.

Haha, not if it's another woman behind the desk.

Brawl Kirby
10-08-2011, 05:21 AM
I think we had a chance to get the "complete" game if capcom had send it in to the USK for a check again since they are not that b**chy anymore. (Gears 3 is the best example for this plus they stated to lower down all that. Looks like the years of complaining finally changed them a little)

But I think capcom is still pissed thanks to Dead Space 2 though lol. That's the reason why we german can't get the Dead Space 2 DLCs without that Region+VPN trick, capcom just didn't want to go though all that shit with the USK again so they didn't even send in the DLC.

Chippo
10-08-2011, 03:28 PM
Hey!

I'm not sure whether my question really fits into this topic but I hope someone can help me out.

I live in Germany and so I'm using a German IP-connection. But I have got an UK-account (gamertag) so that I can access the UK-marketplace.
Now I want to download RE4 HD but...

1. ...is there an IP-restriction so that I can't download the game?
(if I'm able to download it)
2. ...will I get the uncut version or the cut version (UK-marketplace with German IP-connection)?

I thought that the aspect whether a game is cut or uncut always depended on the marketplace you are downloading from. But now I'm not so sure...

Hopefully someone can help me out.

Thanks in advance!

Brawl Kirby
10-08-2011, 05:19 PM
Hey!

I'm not sure whether my question really fits into this topic but I hope someone can help me out.

I live in Germany and so I'm using a German IP-connection. But I have got an UK-account (gamertag) so that I can access the UK-marketplace.

2. ...will I get the uncut version or the cut version (UK-marketplace with German IP-connection)?

I thought that the aspect whether a game is cut or uncut always depended on the marketplace you are downloading from. But now I'm not so sure...

Thanks in advance!

Not sure if there is an IP block since I'm not interestet in this game cuz I already have it on Gamecube and Wii, so I never checked it out.

If you are able to download it from the UK you will get the english uncut version of it though. ;)

Guitar LInc0ln
10-08-2011, 06:13 PM
Hey!

Thanks in advance!

I think I can answer your question. A friend of mine had the exact same situation: UK-Account and a German IP-Address. He downloaded the game with his account without using any vpn serice and told me he got the uncensored RE Version. So yes, you can download the game from the German marketplace if you have an uk account :)

Chippo
10-08-2011, 06:29 PM
@Brawl Kirby:
Currently I am not able to download it from the UK (living in Germany), but yeah, I know that downloading from the UK gives you uncut versions, e.g. all Gears of War stuff, etc.
Theoretically I have the option downloading form the UK once a year ;)
Thanks though!

@Guitar LInc0ln:
I see, I was thinking the same thing but I just wasn't so sure (e.g. downloaded the dlcs for L4D 1/2 and it was uncut for me).
If I have enough points to buy it next week, I will try do download it and report here whether it worked out or not.
Thank you as well!

Off-topic:
Maybe there are only (sometimes) IP-blocks/restrictions on content which is generally not available in Germany, e.g. GTA SA, GoW 1+2 dlc, etc.
If there's a censored version of something available in Germany and a uncut version somewhere else, then maybe you are able to download it anytime.

JuSt BLaZe
10-08-2011, 07:03 PM
Off-topic:
Maybe there are only (sometimes) IP-blocks/restrictions on content which is generally not available in Germany, e.g. GTA SA, GoW 1+2 dlc, etc.
If there's a censored version of something available in Germany and a uncut version somewhere else, then maybe you are able to download it anytime.

I think it's also possible to download RE-CVX with a UK account. A few did it in the week it got released. Not sure if it's still possible though.

Solution2All
10-11-2011, 05:30 AM
I've posted the workaround for this region restriction business on these forums. I'll copy and paste it here as well:

"Here is how to download region restricted DLC using a VPN. The safest VPN i have found is the one used in the explanation but feel free to use another if you have one. This is the procedure that I have posted in a few other forums as well:

This happened to me when downloading the First Strike expansion for Black Ops. I am using Windows 7 and connect to my ISP through a wireless router. I actually downloaded the content without using this method, but it got to 98% or 99% and then stopped. I kept trying to complete it but the same thing happened every time and said that it was restricted because of my region. What you need to do is this:

1. Go to http://www.identitycloaker.com (http://www.identitycloaker.com/?a_aid=JZuccarelli) and download Identity Cloaker. Unfortunately it is not free, but you can get the 10-day trial for like 5 euro or $7 something. I'm not sure if they have a free trial.

2. After you download and install, go to the top right corner of the screen and there should be a button that says "Launch Open VPN". Click it and download the virtual drivers for it.

3. When the OpenVPN installs, go to it in the taskbar (it should be 2 little red computers in the corner), and click the country you originally purchased the xbox and game (the only countries the program contains are Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, Sweden, UK, and USA). When it works, the 2 computers should turn green.

4. Go to xbox.com and purchase the expansion pack from your PC.

5. Turn on your xbox, go to your active downloads folder and it should have started downloading. It should keep downloading until you get to 98% or 99% and then stop. Now is when it says "Can not download .....". If it says this before the 99%, say at 5%, turn your xbox off and on and it should continue.

6. Run an ethernet cable from your PC to the Xbox. Leave your xbox on for a minute or so, giving your computer time to recognize that it is now connected to an xbox, make sure that on your xbox under network settings it is on wired and everything is automatic, not manually configured, and then turn it off.

7. Then go to your adapter settings on your PC. Right-click the new Local Area Connection that was created when you installed the virtual drivers (mine was called Local Area Connection 2). After you right-click it, go to properties and then the tab that says Sharing.

8. In the sharing tab, check the box where it says "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet Connection" and in the drop down menu below, select "Local Area Connection"

9. Under the drop down menu in the same tab (Sharing), click on settings and make sure everything is checked (not sure if everything needs to be, but that's what I did), especially the 4 boxes that should say Xbox. Then click OK, and OK again.

10. Turn on your xbox; make sure the connection is on wired, as it should be; check to see if you're connected to xbox live; and then go to the marketplace, select the add-on you have already downloaded, and click download again. It should start at 1% and then jump right to 98% and finish.

That's all it takes. If you have any problems, which I did, the customer support people for the program can help out."

Chippo
10-11-2011, 06:19 AM
Yesterday I could download RE4 HD without any problems, no IP-block/restriction.
So, with an UK-Gamertag and a German IP-connection you can download it.
Unfortunately 1840 MS-Points are blown away...

@Solution2All:
Well, thanks for this information but I will not spent any money on this!
Maybe it helps other people ;)

Gor1lla
10-11-2011, 12:21 PM
@Solution2All:
Well, thanks for this information but I will not spent any money on this!
Maybe it helps other people ;)

Didn't read his tutorial, but VPN wie hideway is for free. It is restricted to 100MB, but you can download as much as you want, as long as you don't disconnect ;)