PDA

View Full Version : Racing Wheel Advice

SuperSkyline89
09-21-2011, 12:14 PM
So, I've got Forza 4 LCE pre-ordered and now I've decided to step up to a racing wheel since they have simulation steering now.

The Microsoft one is out of production so that's out of the question. I know there's a new one coming out but it's for kinect and I'm not about to waste my money on that crap.

I ABSOLUTELY REQUIRE force feedback, pedals, a shifter, and the option of using an AC adapter. If any of those are missing I'm not interested. Price isn't a huge issue but I'm aiming for up to $150.

This is my last year of university so this isn't something I'm going to use for 10+ years. A year of two after graduation I'm going to go for the full racing seat with integrated wheel, pedals, and TV setup. This steering wheel is just for a year or two at the most so I'm just looking for the basics, I don't want to overspend on something I'm just gonna replace.

pined5551
09-21-2011, 02:33 PM
I ABSOLUTELY REQUIRE force feedback, pedals, a shifter, and the option of using an AC adapter. If any of those are missing I'm not interested. Price isn't a huge issue but I'm aiming for up to $150.

I'm just looking for the basics, I don't want to overspend on something I'm just gonna replace.

There isnt a lot out there to be honest. Fanatech make a good wheel, but its pointless if your just gonna replace it as its well above your price range. Its hard to find decent ones with a clutch and shifter.

Kinda contradict yourself with what you want tho, lol. The out of production MS wheel is your best bet, look in ebay. It's what i have and despite not having a shifter/clutch its very good. If you dont want it..

Don't buy Forza now, wait till you have your race seat set up, then buy it.

SuperSkyline89
09-21-2011, 08:36 PM
Damn, I was really hoping someone else had a wheel as good as the Microsoft one. I guess I'll just try finding one of them on eBay, otherwise it's Forza 4 with a controller.

I've been looking forward to this game all summer, I wouldn't be able to hold off for a year or more until I have a racing seat with a wheel and TVs set up. I'm graduating this year but getting a job and a car are priority one so a gaming rig is just something I plan on doing within a couple years as opposed to the second I graduate.